The Walking Dead

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok let's talk.
Don't read unless you watched the recent walking dead.
Wtf they ate Bobs leg right in his face. I bet they offered some thigh meat to him. Pretty sure bob got bite so the people who ate him are gonna turn. Also I bet the termanis people already met the priest and made a deal with him. Just a guess though.
Please don't read unless you want to be spoiled.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
I just want to say this now before anyone posts.
That was absolutely, 100 percent genuine Beth right there. That wasn't "lazy writing" or a "shoddy ending". You have to realize what she did. By
sacrificing her life to kill Dawn, not even that, but to stand up to and end Dawn's floppy grip of terror in one move she also guaranteed Noah's freedom and the continued survival of the hospital members. She gave her entire all to strike (heh) that point home to Dawn and to give everyone but herself a chance. That's who Beth is.
So I don't want to hear any talk like "Oh she was free she could've just gone." No. That's not Beth.

Mikey

The Pig
Reaction score
OKAY ONE OF MY DEATH PREDICTIONS IS RIGHT THUS FAR!

I'm not sure how she survived so long, she did not, in my opinion, possess the characteristics of a survivor (as the rest of the group did.) Moreover, it was a good arc to come to an end, I feel storyline focus should shift elsewhere with some undeveloped characters, i.e: Abraham (and practically all of his group), Tara, and even though we know so much about Rick - he is certainly undergoing a transformation from sane, calm consciousnesses to bloodhungry and impatient.

Rick and Daryl seem to almost have switched personalities in terms of rationalizing situations.

• Agree
  • Dislike
Reactions: JayApple and digi

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Really the only thing that separates Beth and the other survivors is age and the fact that she has strong convictions but they're shown in the form of optimism whereas the rest display their's in cold determination (Rick-like, at its most extreme end)

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Really the only thing that separates Beth and the other survivors is age and the fact that she has strong convictions but they're shown in the form of optimism whereas the rest display their's in cold determination (Rick-like, at its most extreme end)
I liked Beth for all the reasons you stated. The show is usually overshadowed by the cynical and pessimistic point of views that most of the characters inhabit. Beth possesses a lot of her father's traits, particularly his optimism. Given the time she spent in prison being by Hershel's side I was hoping that the show would make her the next medic and maybe the voice of reason. She could have been the group's rock. To Carl who needs nurture rather than Michonne's babysitting, to Maggie who needs to be reminded of home and Daryl who so desperately needs hope. More scenes of weapon and fight training would have benefitted her. Unfortunately, to me, the writers failed to depict Beth as a stand-out character and like Mikey said:
I'm not sure how she survived so long, she did not, in my opinion, possess the characteristics of a survivor (as the rest of the group did.)
I did see all the good intentions in Beth, but I never really saw her storyline going any further. Most of the adults have a past life to dwell on and the children have to deal with an apocalyptic future, as well as puberty. To be a young adult with a compelling storyline in The Walking Dead it seems you have to be part of a family or a group. Still, age does seem to limit a lot of storylines to characters who are in their late teens or early twenties.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
I liked Beth for all the reasons you stated. The show is usually overshadowed by the cynical and pessimistic point of views that most of the characters inhabit. Beth possesses a lot of her father's traits, particularly his optimism. Given the time she spent in prison being by Hershel's side I was hoping that the show would make her the next medic and maybe the voice of reason. She could have been the group's rock. To Carl who needs nurture rather than Michonne's babysitting, to Maggie who needs to be reminded of home and Daryl who so desperately needs hope. More scenes of weapon and fight training would have benefitted her. Unfortunately, to me, the writers failed to depict Beth as a stand-out character and like Mikey said:

I did see all the good intentions in Beth, but I never really saw her storyline going any further. Most of the adults have a past life to dwell on and the children have to deal with an apocalyptic future, as well as puberty. To be a young adult with a compelling storyline in The Walking Dead it seems you have to be part of a family or a group. Still, age does seem to limit a lot of storylines to characters who are in their late teens or early twenties.
The only compelling back story for any of these characters is Abraham and potentially Tera cuz she might date a grill I don't think it really matters if characters can't dwell on their accounting job or not really :coffee:

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
The only compelling back story for any of these characters is Abraham and potentially Tera cuz she might date a grill I don't think it really matters if characters can't dwell on their accounting job or not really :coffee:
I don't mean hating their jobs to dwell on, but more personal. There are character arcs with most of the adults.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
episode fucking sucked
talk about pointless shock value

What would've really interested me is if that brief period where he got angry actually saved his life, like this crybaby + weak character that fights past typical limits, that would've been a real arc. What they gave us was boring and unnecessary and uncharacteristic even

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
episode fucking sucked
talk about pointless shock value

What would've really interested me is if that brief period where he got angry actually saved his life, like this crybaby + weak character that fights past typical limits, that would've been a real arc. What they gave us was boring and unnecessary and uncharacteristic even
Its difficult for me to accept that the demise of Tyreese all came down to him being deeply entranced by photos. His humanity during that moment (of all moments) should not have been his downfall!

• Agree
Reactions: midnightgirl24

Choclate_god

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Not even slightly sad he died. I'm kinda very sick of all the "we need to hang on to our humanity" people and I'm glad the show has gotten slightly darker and people are FINALLY accepting that the world is terrible.

• Love
Reactions: Jayfeather