Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
uuuuuuugh
so like

I understand you a little, but the Morgan filler episode is crucial simply because the new Morgan makes no rational sense without it - its good character building to show us some of that. Secondly, in the world they've built, it should be a fact of life that cheap deaths happen. In fact, those are the best ones the show can offer sometimes, because it's just more real. Sometimes you don't have a showdown with a vigilante cop gone mad, sometimes you don't go down fighting 100/1000's of a horde for a sacrifice. Sometimes you go down because you didn't see the guy standing behind the tree and that is good.

Also I just wanna drop my theory in here: Morgan's appearance is going to return Rick to humanity (sad for all the bloodthirsty people who think Morgan somehow has messed up so far) and this season will probably heavily focus on his efforts to do so.
Rick has humanity, he's what is human now; in that kind of world being like Morgan is not "humanity", it's being the norm of a pre-apocalyptic world, whereas Rick is what people need because without him the whole group would've most likely died by now, he's saved them on so many occasions because of his ruthlessness and judgement, it is Morgan who needs to realize he's messed up.

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
alright so, twd is back and I'm already done with it like WTF
first: that dumb kid sam dies, okay that's possible looking back to last years ending
Then the mum dies well shit alright kinda pisses me off but okay
then that dumb brother of the dumb kid dies too, expecting it already but by Michonne alright girl!
but WTF Carl?????? My apologies but wtff seriously if he dies I'm gonna quit (probably not but still will be in tears of it)

any other opinions about the latest episode?

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
anyone read the comics here?

very excited for negan. hope he'll be able to curse, as AMC has not allowed "fuck" to be used in any of the previous episodes of TWD. i think either glenn or daryl will meet lucille in the season finale. the show-only reactions & speculating in this thread are amusing

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Going by what I feel the positioning of where Negan was standing in the last shot, which was sorta in the middle, I'm hoping that it was either Abraham Ford or Eugene Porter. I don't really favour either one of them, and if I had to choose someone to sacrifice it'd be Eugene. I'm unsure about the creators killing off one of the fan favourite characters, but if they were to make an impact I would have to guess that Daryl will be the one that dies.

Who do you think died?

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
Honestly, I'd be okay if they just killed the gay guy (Forgot his name) simply because he's not that important but at the same time it would be disappointing to wait all this time and realice they just went for the least important character.

I don't think it will be Abraham. Since there's a love triangle going on with Sasha and Rosita. Perhaps they want to keep that going? I also thought about it being Rosita (I'm hoping is not the case)

Highly doubt it will be Rick, Carl, Michonne or Maggie.

I think is between Glenn, Eugene and Daryl.

Carol will die in the finale. I'm about 95 percent sure about this so far.

• Agree
Reactions: Mastersten

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Nah I'm sick of them killing my gays because the writers are scared, long live Aaron

Honestly though, not the best finale but GOD was Rick's acting brilliant. Watching our arrogant, wizened leader crack under a new dictatorship and realizing his hopes for the new world were about as brained as that mystery guy's skull was actually fascinating. Not to mention the Carol/Morgan storyline - I mean Morgan saved the horse kid's life and he comes back to save his, but also had to break his tenant to save Carol, that's some kinda crazy paradoxical stuff and I'm excited to see it play out.

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
as a comic reader-- fuck this bullshit. have been feeling kind of iffy about the show, but this was just a fucking disaster. Imagine if in GoT they just ended the season in the middle of the red weddign. this should've been one of the most important events in the entire series (so far) and they completely fucked it up.

Sploorky

Reaction score
as a comic reader-- fuck this bullshit. have been feeling kind of iffy about the show, but this was just a fucking disaster. Imagine if in GoT they just ended the season in the middle of the red weddign. this should've been one of the most important events in the entire series (so far) and they completely fucked it up.
walking dead version of the red wedding would be ending it on a cliffhanger where the stabbing begins but we don't know WHO gets stabbed. then next season it turns out they just killed hodor

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
walking dead version of the red wedding would be ending it on a cliffhanger where the stabbing begins but we don't know WHO gets stabbed. then next season it turns out they just killed hodor
Wait, hold on-- if you're making Game of Thrones references this must mean you've been watching it?? D:

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
holy fuck what a terrible finale to end the single most memorable part of the walking dead in a cliffhanger, can elaborate with certain spoilers if requested
Kinda ruined the iconic moment for me, and what annoys me more is that we'll undoubtedly be spoiled for who dies during the summer anyway, it's smart as they'll only rake in more views come S7 but what a shithouse of a finale it was

• Agree
Reactions: Velzerat

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Kinda ruined the iconic moment for me, and what annoys me more is that we'll undoubtedly be spoiled for who dies during the summer anyway, it's smart as they'll only rake in more views come S7 but what a shithouse of a finale it was
I'm curious how it'll get spoiled? I want to be the first to know when it gets leaked so where does the info usually come from?

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm curious how it'll get spoiled? I want to be the first to know when it gets leaked so where does the info usually come from?
If you look up reddit or tv gossip sites you'll either come across a leak or a 90% lucky chance theory. Plus entertainment sites are quick to speculate on which character will die due to their inside knowledge of when an actor is filming another movie or tv series.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Normally gets spoiled by a website/facebook page called "The Spoiling Dead", they have been pretty much bang on about everything they've spoiled including how Jessie died, how Negan was going to be introduced and that it was going to be a cliffhanger.

• Thank You
Reactions: Jayfeather