The Walking Dead

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
I dislike him way too much. Remind me why he's even still alive?

And for some reason I thought about Morgan Jones being the one.
Morgan could be but still, they said that the horn came from the village and Morgan was at the walkers so probably the priest guy OR the major since she didnt come with them either and Rick is kinda seazing power from her

Excepted

Reaction score
I liked the episode, just it was a bit ruined by the fact my TV kept acting up and changing from colour to black and white. Other than that though it was a good episode for me.

• Winner
Reactions: Velzerat

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I liked the episode, just it was a bit ruined by the fact my TV kept acting up and changing from colour to black and white. Other than that though it was a good episode for me.
That was actually a part of the episode itself to show the difference between the past (black and white) and what they were currently doing (in colour)

• Sad
Reactions: Excepted

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Honestly to each his own but we're not goin the next x amount of months shitting on characters reacting humanely.

I just wanna drop this here before the series really starts, the way Rob and Morgan act is especially natural and refreshing amidst the silliness of the current main characters and all you really have to do is toss emotion into the mix to understand Rob and for Morgan you have to understand the mantra he must have found necessary to stay alive after his crippling depression ("all life is sacred"). If you can grasp each of those 1 things about both they become much easier to understand.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
If he comes back this show is garbage. I'd rather they kill Rick as well to prove they still have some courage in them
Why? Nick fell ontop of him at an angle with his body over his chest hence the guts appearing to come out of his chest, yeah I agree it is poorly thought out, considering the fact Glenn's legs would be exposed and they'd be munching into them.. but at the end of the day they played it out to make it seem as if he died but he hasn't, he'll either have managed to get under the dumpster or being under nick's corpse for so long the flesh rots and they don't detect him or the guts/blood of the zombies is on him and he'll escape like that.

Yeah they are idiots for not going up the staircase, first thing I saw down that alley not to mention the fence on the left of the alley was locked with a chain which they could've shot with their guns, or just climbed the big fence at least.

As for the dead end, he was being led by Nick in an unknown area, not so much him being dumb as they were panicking.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Why? Nick fell ontop of him at an angle with his body over his chest hence the guts appearing to come out of his chest, yeah I agree it is poorly thought out, considering the fact Glenn's legs would be exposed and they'd be munching into them.. but at the end of the day they played it out to make it seem as if he died but he hasn't, he'll either have managed to get under the dumpster or being under nick's corpse for so long the flesh rots and they don't detect him or the guts/blood of the zombies is on him and he'll escape like that.

Yeah they are idiots for not going up the staircase, first thing I saw down that alley not to mention the fence on the left of the alley was locked with a chain which they could've shot with their guns, or just climbed the big fence at least.

As for the dead end, he was being led by Nick in an unknown area, not so much him being dumb as they were panicking.
You answered your own question, it would be terrible for Glenn to be alive because xyz of his body being exposed. Nick's body is not proper protection against 500 zombies, not to mention the fact that he simply won't be under there long enough for Nick's body to rot or anything. The walkers ignore people with walker blood and organs on them - Nick's blood is too fresh. They'd find Glenn whether he's under the dumpster or not. The important thing about this though isn't really whether or not he can survive. It's that the Walking Dead needs to retain some credibility as being cruel and devastating, because the current medium they're doing it in (Rick's pathetic "blah im evil everything is bad" arc) is poorly constructed and boring

• Agree
Reactions: Mastersten

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
You answered your own question, it would be terrible for Glenn to be alive because xyz of his body being exposed. Nick's body is not proper protection against 500 zombies, not to mention the fact that he simply won't be under there long enough for Nick's body to rot or anything. The walkers ignore people with walker blood and organs on them - Nick's blood is too fresh. They'd find Glenn whether he's under the dumpster or not. The important thing about this though isn't really whether or not he can survive. It's that the Walking Dead needs to retain some credibility as being cruel and devastating, because the current medium they're doing it in (Rick's pathetic "blah im evil everything is bad" arc) is poorly constructed and boring
Yeah but it is a tv show, not real life, I was just pointing it out. You do realise a few main characters are supposed to die this season, and next season especially as Glenn died to Negan in the comics which is the end of this season/season 7, I honestly don't know why people take the show so dead seriously, if they planned it all out like real life they'd all be dead by now so there's no need to get your knickers in a twist over this.

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Steven Yeun's name wasn't featured in the beginning credits. I love that the show decided to troll us like that.
As much as I like origin stories, I hate filler episodes. I get the feeling that Morgan will eventually break later on in the season and kill someone.

SoulSoda

Soda for the Soul
Reaction score
Steven Yeun's name wasn't featured in the beginning credits. I love that the show decided to troll us like that.
As much as I like origin stories, I hate filler episodes. I get the feeling that Morgan will eventually break later on in the season and kill someone.
Whatever happens to glenn happens. I think either way it was a stupid situation, and if he's confirmed death, a stupid death. Glenn was one of the smartest and quick thinking of the group, so the fact he followed the incompetent nick, is well beyond me. Then again the writers on the show can't seem to make up their damn minds. First was zombies are dangerous, then its oh we figured out how to handle them with ease. Its really the people are dangerous, then were like in limbo again. I'm not saying people shouldn't be dying to zombies anymore, but the random walker in the woods deaths are just so cheesy and beneath the show.

I very much doubt that morgan will break. He's stable, very stable. However, his new formed sanity may save his soul, but he's now a liability. Its pretty much proven that all the events that have happened so far are partially due to morgan's unwillingness to kill bad people. I'm referring specifically, to when he was held up by the 2 wolves ( that had pictures of alexandria) in his camp ( He beat them, but did not kill them despite them trying to murder/rob him). Also the wolves he let go from alexandria attacked rick on the way back... Then finally, he's holding a wolf inside alexandria.

The origin story was more philosophical, so its a bit of a drag since the first few episodes were highly action orientated with major death(?) scenes. To me, I see it as a good backstory & redevelopment of morgan's psyche and naive undertaking of "humane" morals. The thing is this "all life is valuable" is not a good self preservation tactic as shown. Its really just being in denial of the situation. I know we all want to see the best in people, but in their world its not practical. There'd be a lot more people alive had he just weeded out those wolves. A few people might be "saved" by morgan, but he's costing lives as he does it. He will certainly lose the groups trust in time because he really is just too much of a liability to the survival of the group. The origin story was necessary though. It's brings a new element to the group. A person actually resolute in trying to restore humanity back to its former "sane" state rather than survive. A person shown they could go from a raving mad animal of PTSD who'd "clear" everything, to a person who'd try to preserve life.

(However I totally, agree on the filler bit, i'd have preferred a 10-15 minute devotion rather than an entire episode, but I do love lennie james as an actor.)

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
uuuuuuugh
so like

I understand you a little, but the Morgan filler episode is crucial simply because the new Morgan makes no rational sense without it - its good character building to show us some of that. Secondly, in the world they've built, it should be a fact of life that cheap deaths happen. In fact, those are the best ones the show can offer sometimes, because it's just more real. Sometimes you don't have a showdown with a vigilante cop gone mad, sometimes you don't go down fighting 100/1000's of a horde for a sacrifice. Sometimes you go down because you didn't see the guy standing behind the tree and that is good.

Also I just wanna drop my theory in here: Morgan's appearance is going to return Rick to humanity (sad for all the bloodthirsty people who think Morgan somehow has messed up so far) and this season will probably heavily focus on his efforts to do so.

• Agree
Reactions: Mastersten