Not open for further replies.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
So what makes my role seem so scummy?

I can gain coins via x method like you stated
the issues i have with your role are:

1. how its kinda poorly defined by tim in what qualifies as 'getting people to sing with you' and what doesnt, such as whether it has to be a real song, or whether you have to actually ask them to sing or not. for example you could write out a lyric from a song that says "i dont beat around the bush" and then later i say "i dont beat around the bush", if theres a song that says that line twice even though we werent actually trying to sing, are you able to quote that and have it count or not? maybe im overthinking it compared to tim but it seems fake because of how vague it is.

and 2. your rolename is "Karaoke Master". everyone elses rolenames are <job title>. "Kareaoke Master" isnt really a job title its like a status, so it doesnt quite fit the pattern we've seen. again maybe im overthinking it compared to tim but its still a bit of a red flag to me.

3. this point isnt really about your role but i didnt like your resistance to claiming your name. your reason didnt make sense to me, as i said at the time, and i find it a bit of a stretch (though not impossible) to believe you genuinely thought that claiming your role name would make the mafia suddenly more confident in your role being what you say it is, so it felt like you were just trying to come up with any excuse not to do it cuz you were scared of coming up with one cuz youre maf and have to make it up.

dont get me wrong i dont think youre super duper scummy, just out of everyone you have the most points in favour of you being scum, to me.

And what benefit does the safe give you?
it doesnt give me any benefit, im not able to obtain the safe cuz i dont have any coins. but if aqua gets it he can find out what exactly it does and that could give us clues about the setup

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
i mean your role like very clearly doesnt fit the pattern set out by tim so thats a massive point in favour of you being scum to me so it doesnt matter about my vibe or whatever, cuz realistically it means my vibe is probably wrong because your role just doesnt fit the setup

plus even though i did think you felt townie before but recently not so much, maybe because of your claim biasing me idk
cant believe youre actually scum but not really
what do you mean about the stranger/unu thing though moog
stranger and UNU instantly donated their 1 and 2 coin and didnt wait for the overall plan to be set in motion properly (admittedly stranger did it before but still it counts) meaning they almost certainly have 0 coins meaning they likely started with 0 coins (definetely if notty is telling the truth) and that they didnt kill alisha

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
cant believe youre actually scum but not really

stranger and UNU instantly donated their 1 and 2 coin and didnt wait for the overall plan to be set in motion properly (admittedly stranger did it before but still it counts) meaning they almost certainly have 0 coins meaning they likely started with 0 coins (definetely if notty is telling the truth) and that they didnt kill alisha
why does this make me suspicious though, when all 3 distributors could be town or the scum distributor couldve just not done the kill (especially if they cant both nightkill + do their ability)

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
why does this make me suspicious though, when all 3 distributors could be town or the scum distributor couldve just not done the kill (especially if they cant both nightkill + do their ability)
im operating under the more popular theory that 1 distributor is mafia (not that i necessarily agree with that but tis certainly a more likely possibility) + yes but it clears them on 1 aspect atleast whereas for you there is 0 clearing

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
the issues i have with your role are:

1. how its kinda poorly defined by tim in what qualifies as 'getting people to sing with you' and what doesnt, such as whether it has to be a real song, or whether you have to actually ask them to sing or not. for example you could write out a lyric from a song that says "i dont beat around the bush" and then later i say "i dont beat around the bush", if theres a song that says that line twice even though we werent actually trying to sing, are you able to quote that and have it count or not? maybe im overthinking it compared to tim but it seems fake because of how vague it is.

and 2. your rolename is "Karaoke Master". everyone elses rolenames are <job title>. "Kareaoke Master" isnt really a job title its like a status, so it doesnt quite fit the pattern we've seen. again maybe im overthinking it compared to tim but its still a bit of a red flag to me.

3. this point isnt really about your role but i didnt like your resistance to claiming your name. your reason didnt make sense to me, as i said at the time, and i find it a bit of a stretch (though not impossible) to believe you genuinely thought that claiming your role name would make the mafia suddenly more confident in your role being what you say it is, so it felt like you were just trying to come up with any excuse not to do it cuz you were scared of coming up with one cuz youre maf and have to make it up.

dont get me wrong i dont think youre super duper scummy, just out of everyone you have the most points in favour of you being scum, to me.
I understand this reasoning but I can’t help the way the Role PM was worded. At this point I just hope that if I die it’s not just been me misunderstanding the PM and more the fact that it’s a confusing PM (no disrespect towards Tim at all). It’s more than likely that I’ve just misinterpreted the PM but at least if it comes across as confusing then I’m not the one being dumb.

Also, as for my reluctance to name claim, I didn’t like the fact that a mass claim happened on Day 0 and Aqua’s only reasoning for it was “oh just for shits and giggles” and everyone just went along with it (even when I asked Aqua why he did it and he came out like that) seems like a major mafia tactic imo.

I can see a potential team between you and Aqua but I’m trying to make my mind up right now. I’ll just throw that out there for now just to let others know my thought process, it is pure theorising at this moment until I can form better reads on others and come to a full opinion.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
if im scum town has 0 investigative ability, which is kinda harsh (unless stranger's tonic is somehow investigative i guess but that seems a stretch)
well i guess technically you could be investigative but only if we massclaimed coins and stuff which would be weird for tim to assume we did
i dont think its completely weird + you wouldnt need to massclaim coins just have suspicious people claim them

+ we dont know what UNU's other 2 items are and i dont think investigation powers are like a necessary thing especially in an 11 person setup, especially if it follows more traditional patterns (like one of the distributors being scum)

its good old fashioned mafia detective work!

• Informative
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
anyway can we just lynch sessy now

idm donating coins to have a chance at proving i didnt do the nightkill last night cuz i mean if notty did the kill theyres no way theyre gonna donate anyways so it will be a pointless effort

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
anyway can we just lynch sessy now

idm donating coins to have a chance at proving i didnt do the nightkill last night cuz i mean if notty did the kill theyres no way theyre gonna donate anyways so it will be a pointless effort
We need Hk and Skele to confirm their bids on the PI contract first and we need to agree whether or not we can afford to leave notty out of the plan.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
third of all, @Good Skele can you paraphrase to us how tim explained the round down thing? (is this legal?)
@Timdood3 im allowed to ask this right? or no?
Are you allowed to ask another player which way something rounds?
Yes.
There is no need to involve the host in such questioning.

However, I do take issue with the way you've phrased your question. I ask that questions (or answers for that matter) don't refer to anything the host says outside of official mod posts, such as votecounts.

For example:
Instead of asking "Can you paraphrase how the host said this?"
Ask "How does this part of your role work?"
Instead of saying "The host said it rounds this way."
Say "It rounds this way."

If ever there is something about your role that you aren't 100% clear on, I urge you to ask the host privately without mentioning it in thread. If another player asks you something you hadn't considered, seek clarification.
I would rather have every player send me ten messages trying to understand their role than to see them have less fun because they incorrectly assumed something about it.
It is each individual player's responsibility to make sure they understand their role.
you can compare them just dont use it in an argument!!!!!!!!
Stop that.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
can you argue for why i should wanna do that, as someone who doesnt think notty is mafia but does think sessy is
because if sessy is scum we'll find out tomorrow anyway (if skele is town). If skele isn't town and tries to cover it up, we'll likely mislynch once, trace it back to skele (this is all on the basis I'm town btw) and then we'd have to decide who was scummiest (with that likely being sessy).

Eitherway works out, notty is acting antitown (probably mafia) and is punished accordingly and we'll find the scum anyway.

Win win

Status
Not open for further replies.