EscapeRemastered Mafia: Economy of Madness [Day 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
why would them saying they get proceeds from the black market make them seem more townie>
B/c if any townies are operating off the assumption that only mafia buy stuff from the black market (which we haven't seen anything to disprove yet, but I digress) Notty could say "Oh hey, I get some of the money mafia spend at the black market means I'm town right? B/c it makes zero sense for mafia to get back some of the money they spend ofc."

I mean I'm fully supportive of Aqua licking sugar off the floor. It would at least make for good comedy.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
also Aqua can you break down why notty is scum

and address their roleclaim of the black market thing as part of it

B/c if any townies are operating off the assumption that only mafia buy stuff from the black market (which we haven't seen anything to disprove yet, but I digress) Notty could say "Oh hey, I get some of the money mafia spend at the black market means I'm town right? B/c it makes zero sense for mafia to get back some of the money they spend ofc."
initially their claim was that they can bid in the black market though. do you think theyd do that as scum? why?

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
initially their claim was that they can bid in the black market though. do you think theyd do that as scum? why?
Yes, I do believe they can do that. I believe that they brought up the black market during their d0 roleclaim so they didn't have to BS something that would seem way too out there. When they came under scrutiny because of that, they shifted to add that they also receive some of the proceeds from the black market. Furthermore, during d0 I noted that they also shifted from saying that the black market was an auction to the black market was just a market, implying you could purchase things there for a fixed price. These inconsistencies lead me to believe that they got pushed to claim well before they were prepared to and are trying to patch things up and say things that they think will sound townie.

• Thank You
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Yes, I do believe they can do that. I believe that they brought up the black market during their d0 roleclaim so they didn't have to BS something that would seem way too out there. When they came under scrutiny because of that, they shifted to add that they also receive some of the proceeds from the black market. Furthermore, during d0 I noted that they also shifted from saying that the black market was an auction to the black market was just a market, implying you could purchase things there for a fixed price. These inconsistencies lead me to believe that they got pushed to claim well before they were prepared to and are trying to patch things up and say things that they think will sound townie.
i guess its possible. i just feel like its unlikely notty thought 'oh no im being pushed to claim, ill claim i can participate in this thing that i know no other townies will claim to be able to participate in and itll be ok'

but i guess its possible

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
tbh i do remember when notty weirdly was like 'so if someone else proves the existence of the black market you'll believe me?' and oog was like 'i mean... yes??' and like moog joked about at the time it couldve been seen as notty hinting to twg they wanted him to claim it as well, and then when he didnt notty decided to bus him back and get one of them proven

cuz at some point i asked notty why they wanted to lynch between them and twg instead of sessy and they said it gives us more info and i asked what more info and they never responded so thats slightly hm

and i guess it was weird they didnt think maybe a townie wouldnt wanna give away the coin amount away, going back to that whole fiasco

i still find it strange notty would think its a good idea to claim to be part of the black market in the first place though

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
tbh i do remember when notty weirdly was like 'so if someone else proves the existence of the black market you'll believe me?' and oog was like 'i mean... yes??' and like moog joked about at the time it couldve been seen as notty hinting to twg they wanted him to claim it as well, and then when he didnt notty decided to bus him back and get one of them proven

cuz at some point i asked notty why they wanted to lynch between them and twg instead of sessy and they said it gives us more info and i asked what more info and they never responded so thats slightly hm

and i guess it was weird they didnt think maybe a townie wouldnt wanna give away the coin amount away, going back to that whole fiasco

i still find it strange notty would think its a good idea to claim to be part of the black market in the first place though
i remember that too + notty literally tagged twg about 42 times so it wasnt exactly a hint (altho that may have been to cover it up as though it was a meme)

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
i think they want to know how it will do that
Oh, I've explained that in my plan post.

if we have 3 (or 4 since oog donated already) donate at different amounts we can find out if they were lying about their coin number and lynch them.

So if Oog donates 5
you donate 4
stranger donates 3
and unu donates 2

inf should only get 3 coins from you, if he gets any extra coins we can trace that to who donated.

However, the problem arises where inf if nightkilled which is where skele comes in.

skele steals half of the stolen gold (rounded down) so if skele gets 2 gold we know it's either you or oog or unu, if skele gets 1 gold we know it's none of you and if skele gets 4 gold we know it's oog and if skele gets 3 gold we know it's stranger.

I hope all of that makes sense.

The flaw comes if skele gets 1 gold. If we don't kill a mafia tonight we won't know for sure whether the stolen coins are within the pool or not. At that point it seems we need to abandon the plan and then lynch on vibes.

I realise now if ur town skele will always get 1 gold but you could be scum and just not have the 5 stolen coins and ur partner is unu or stranger.

So at that point it's probably better to lynch based on vibes then apply the results of the subsequent lynch to the results of the plan:tm:

• Thank You
Reactions: sessybessy
Status
Not open for further replies.