Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
i thought you were talking about the causation at that point, which youd only explicitly clarified once i think, maybe twice?
Sure the cause was only explained once but the cause was that the auction house doesn't happen day 0.

Unless notty didn't read my claim AT ALL, which obviously isn't true she'd have known my dude.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Sure the cause was only explained once but the cause was that the auction house doesn't happen day 0.

Unless notty didn't read my claim AT ALL, which obviously isn't true she'd have known my dude.
i can see notty wanting you to explicitly clarify that those two things were specified to be causally related by tim in your pm

oog also didnt realize you were saying they were causally related

but eitherway it doesnt matter since this isnt what notty was talking about anyway

• Informative
Reactions: Aqua

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
i can see notty wanting you to explicitly clarify that those two things were specified to be causally related by tim in your pm

oog also didnt realize you were saying they were causally related

but eitherway it doesnt matter since this isnt what notty was talking about anyway
as in, the cause of 'you get coins at gamestart' being 'because you cant get coins day 0'

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
btw sessy, somethings been bothering me about your role

you said the person has to sing 'with you' and not alone, but how is that defined? is it defined by tim what is classed as 'singing with you' instead of singing alone?
I don't want to directly PM quote so I'll try explain it as much as I can.

They can't sing by themselves, like their own choice (I'm not sure why they would but okay) and I think Tim intended it to be one or two lines sung together rather than a whole song like we did.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Mooglie Infected_alien8_

I'm going out for the evening with flatmates and friends. Idk why, but I trust you guys to keep law and order in my absence.

Please decide between you guys and everybody else whether we should lynch notty over sessy

and whether we should leave notty/sessy out of the donations and lynch them if we get no results

I have full faith in your decision making abilities, I'm not sure which of these is the best course of action but I don't really see any negatives to the plan, even if we decide to disregard it tomorrow.

best of luck friendos

Reactions: sessybessy

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Mooglie Infected_alien8_

I'm going out for the evening with flatmates and friends. Idk why, but I trust you guys to keep law and order in my absence.

Please decide between you guys and everybody else whether we should lynch notty over sessy

and whether we should leave notty/sessy out of the donations and lynch them if we get no results

I have full faith in your decision making abilities, I'm not sure which of these is the best course of action but I don't really see any negatives to the plan, even if we decide to disregard it tomorrow.

best of luck friendos
wooow... aqua believes in me????!!! ? ? ? ? ? ?

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
as in, the cause of 'you get coins at gamestart' being 'because you cant get coins day 0'
I mean that is the thing I said thrice, originally I said early game, then said day 0+ then when I claimed I fully explained it.

But I always said that was why I had 3 coins since I first claimed to have 3 coins.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I don't want to directly PM quote so I'll try explain it as much as I can.

They can't sing by themselves, like their own choice (I'm not sure why they would but okay) and I think Tim intended it to be one or two lines sung together rather than a whole song like we did.
you dont have to directly quote it though, i just want to know roughly how tim defined it

like, if you sung a line and then they sung a line of the same song like 2 days later, is that singing with you? or do they need to quote you first? or do you need to have asked them to sing it and then they do?

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
They can't sing by themselves, like their own choice (I'm not sure why they would but okay)
I should expand. I assume by the wording Tim used that they can't ask me to karaoke to get coins, I must ask them or else I don't receive the reward. That's just what I got from the PM so idk.

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
you dont have to directly quote it though, i just want to know roughly how tim defined it

like, if you sung a line and then they sung a line of the same song like 2 days later, is that singing with you? or do they need to quote you first? or do you need to have asked them to sing it and then they do?
I don't think so, it has to be done in the same "day"

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
i meant irl days

if you sung 1 line of a song now

and then in 2 irl days, but in the same mafia day, i sung a line of that same song

does that count?

do the lines need to be consecutive in the song or can they be any two random lines?
I honestly don't know, that was never defined in the PM. I assume it will work like an actual karaoke where the lines must be consecutive and not spaced apart by 2 days (what a terrible karaoke that would be!)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I honestly don't know, that was never defined in the PM. I assume it will work like an actual karaoke where the lines must be consecutive and not spaced apart by 2 days (what a terrible karaoke that would be!)
this is what mostly bothers me about your claim, i feel like its extremely poorly defined, from what youve said, so i find it hard to believe it

it seems like you still dont know whether you have to actually ask the person to sing or whether they can just sing with you and it works, right?

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
this is what mostly bothers me about your claim, i feel like its extremely poorly defined, from what youve said, so i find it hard to believe it

it seems like you still dont know whether you have to actually ask the person to sing or whether they can just sing with you and it works, right?
It's not really defined, am I allowed to say 1 word that was used in the PM or is that bad?

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
ummm, is there a different word that you can use that has the same meaning?
Okay so I've looked up a synonym for the word.

Basically the person can't sing willingly on their own like "hey do you wanna sing?", I assume that I must ask them and convince them to sing with me (that was the original plan for the role before the mass claim on Day 0) now my role is just a bit of shitposting lol

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
If I die I hope that when my role is revealed it is just as confusing to you as it is to me. Either that or I've completely messed this up by being really dumb...

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
1. if you think his claim is real then, how would that be a scum sided role, in your opinion?
2. what do you think skele would do as scum then, if not make a fakeclaim thats at least somewhat decently believable like this? do you think hed just claim vanilla or something and leave it at that?
1. I think his role would be the role skimming money off of townies to give mafia more money to bid and buy stuff from the black market - like his role seems to fit pretty well into that balance of getting maf enough coins to help them out while not being OP.
2. I feel like he'd either claim his actual role with anything blatantly scummy edited out or claim vanilla.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Okay so I've looked up a synonym for the word.

Basically the person can't sing willingly on their own like "hey do you wanna sing?", I assume that I must ask them and convince them to sing with me (that was the original plan for the role before the mass claim on Day 0) now my role is just a bit of shitposting lol
so let me just make sure ive got this right:

- tim didnt tell you whether or not the lines of the song have to be consecutive?
- tim didnt tell you whether you have to explicitely ask the person to sing or not in order for it to count, just vaguely said you have to get them to sing?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
1. I think his role would be the role skimming money off of townies to give mafia more money to bid and buy stuff from the black market - like his role seems to fit pretty well into that balance of getting maf enough coins to help them out while not being OP.
2. I feel like he'd either claim his actual role with anything blatantly scummy edited out or claim vanilla.
do you think skele actually steals half of player's coins if theyre nightkilled though?

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
so let me just make sure ive got this right:

- tim didnt tell you whether or not the lines of the song have to be consecutive?
- tim didnt tell you whether you have to explicitely ask the person to sing or not in order for it to count, just vaguely said you have to get them to sing?
Yep - it is said that one line of the song will suffice (something along the lines of that, I don't want to PM quote)

Status
Not open for further replies.