Trouble In Terrorist Town

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
I think TTT needs the spectator deathmatch, so when people die they can have a bit of fun rather than waiting for the next round.
*Maybe*

Baker93 I'm not sure how strict you want this to be moderated, and I know its only day 1, but I think we're gonna need access to logs somehow otherwise nothing can be proved without having eyes on everyone at all times
G-mod is a completely new venture, so naturally we'll be tweaking it as we learn more. I'll add an accessible logging system that should help clarify situations today. Punishment such as next round slaying will also be made available.

• Thank You
Reactions: Jayfeather

paceboys

Reaction score

Not sure how much anyone cares. Asked everyone in the pictures, no one is a Blocktopian. All were RDMing. Its 6:30 AM Central US right now so I didn't expect anyone online to be a Blocktopian, but I'm not sure if this was intended to be an open server.

W

Wimali

Not sure how much anyone cares. Asked everyone in the pictures, no one is a Blocktopian. All were RDMing. Its 6:30 AM Central US right now so I didn't expect anyone online to be a Blocktopian, but I'm not sure if this was intended to be an open server.
I can confirm this, just went on the server and got rdm'd. None of the players seem to be Blocktopian. I feel like moderation would definitely be needed.

• Agree
Reactions: Lux

paceboys

Reaction score
I can confirm this, just went on the server and got rdm'd. None of the players seem to be Blocktopian. I feel like moderation would definitely be needed.
I asked them, all people in both screenshots, after asking the people on currently ~15 times they said 'no we are not blocktopia'

Their English isn't the best, so I don't think they're inclined to answer other questions, if there are any.

We (baker) can just set a password like 'bakerislame' that we'll all know, and he could put it in the original post

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I was playing the server an hour ago or so, and there was RDM-ing there, and whatnot.

However, I dont think we should make this a private server. I think that we should have "staff" that make the players aware of what that is illegal, and if neccesary kick/ban repeated rulebreakers, just like on normal servers.

It cant hurt to have a few more "members" of blocktopia, and who knows, maybe some of them join our TS/and or forums!

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Several discussions earlier people started bitchin' about they don't want staff breathing down their neck.

Now the server is open the same people are complaining there isn't staff.

God fucking damnit.

Anyway staff is very smart considering i've been called a 'fuckhead' multiple times by now and we got RDM coming out of the roof.

ALSO nude hentai pictures. I request custom spraypaints to be logged or blocked out ._.

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
One thing that HAS to be addressed; We need to be able to see who kills us IN the RDMReport thing.
The server hasn't even been up 24 hours. Can we have a little more patience than to start moaning when a brand new venture isn't perfect right off the bat, especially when I have been working my arse of this week just to get it running?

ALSO nude hentai pictures. I request custom spraypaints to be logged or blocked out ._.
Not possible, it doesn't work like that. Report the player.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Several discussions earlier people started bitchin' about they don't want staff breathing down their neck.

God fucking damnit.

Anyway staff is very smart considering i've been called a 'fuckhead' multiple times by now and we got RDM coming out of the roof.

Staff wont be breathing anyone down their necks, thats not what staff is for, I can assure you.

They are simply there to make sure the server runs smoothly x)

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Not possible, it doesn't work like that. Report the player.
!Report doesn't work. Whjat does?

Staff wont be breathing anyone down their necks, thats not what staff is for, I can assure you.

They are simply there to make sure the server runs smoothly x)
Exactly my point ^_^

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score

God fucking damnit.

When a few people were arguing against you in the Gmod thread we I at the very least forgot the server would be public

Araidian

The Lucario
Reaction score
What ._.
I thought you knew it'd be public?
We didnt want staff because we were under the assumption it would be private. But its not, and we have to deal with an entirely new community of people. Literally, (more than) half of the people joining the server at this time arent even in the community. But if it were just between people in this community, we wouldnt need staff because everyone knows how to act for the most part. The amount of ridiculous nonsense my friends on teamspeak and I have witnessed because of this is just insane.

The whole staff issue only arises from the fact that we have a bunch of new people coming into the server that are no where near the age demographic that we've seen with minecraft previously. Its a whole different ballgame man. :c

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
We didnt want staff because we were under the assumption it would be private. But its not, and we have to deal with an entirely new community of people. Literally, (more than) half of the people joining the server at this time arent even in the community. But if it were just between people in this community, we wouldnt need staff because everyone knows how to act for the most part. The amount of ridiculous nonsense my friends on teamspeak and I have witnessed because of this is just insane.

The whole staff issue only arises from the fact that we have a bunch of new people coming into the server that are no where near the age demographic that we've seen with minecraft previously. Its a whole different ballgame man. :c
Well i expected it to be public in the first place so i guess that's where the diversion started.

Sploorky

Reaction score
Simple solution, add a password for now, polish and add a staff team in the meantime, remove password when RDMers can be dealt with more easily. Everyone wins.

ALSO an idea is having it password protected during the weekdays and no password on the weekend. If the issue of playing with people you don't know is prevalent enough where it detracts from the fun, this could be a sweet middle ground. However that comes with drawbacks of its own, so its just an idea to judge.

JtTorso

Reaction score
So I learned that a name change can get you banned.

Follow up: Name changes are a 10minute ban, so unless you want to wait, don't change your name.

Last edited:

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
it seems the server isn't as popular as it was on it's opening night. I've been waiting hours to see if anyone would join. and even during the day when it has a ton of people all of them are blocktopian... I'm not sure why nobody is joining anymore.

BrickWolf

The Concrete Dog
Reaction score
it seems the server isn't as popular as it was on it's opening night. I've been waiting hours to see if anyone would join. and even during the day when it has a ton of people all of them are blocktopian... I'm not sure why nobody is joining anymore.
we got tired after playing 8 hours straight

it happens

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
There's bound to be downtime because a lot of us are joining as groups and then playing for such a long time that we need a break to sleep cuz like Brick said, we are literally playing for sometimes six hours straight, as League players tend to do because just playing 5 League games is a 5 hour venture we get kinda used to it