Trouble In Terrorist Town

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score

Who can you trust? And I mean REALLY trust, not just to pet-sit your cat or something. A deep, burning trust that goes beyond normal perceptions of honour and loyalty. This is the question posed by Trouble in Terrorist Town. Perhaps you will never truly know, and continue wandering this aimless life without a friend in the world.

Trouble in Terrorist Town (TTT) is a gamemode included with Garry's Mod 10. The game is about a group of "terrorists" who have traitors among them, out to kill everyone who's not a traitor.

A small number of players are selected to be Traitors, who have to kill all the Innocent players (ie. the rest of the players). Those innocents know they are in the majority, but they do not know who is Traitor and who is not.

The Traitors must use the element of surprise and their special equipment, if they are to succeed. The Innocent just have to survive, which means finding out who the Traitors are and killing them before they kill you. Of course everyone is holding a big gun, and everyone looks suspicious...

After our weekly meeting on tomorrow, Friday 18th July, Blocktopia will be launching a Trouble in Terrorist Town server for you all to enjoy. This server is likely to be long-term, dependent on interest.

For now, a rough set of rules have been set out to accompany our standard Community Guidelines:

1. No Random Deathmatching
2. No Ghosting
3. No Propkilling
4. Do not call out false Kill On Sight orders
5. Stay classy

To allow you to connect faster when the server is opened to the public, it is recommended that you download the files found in the collection here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=286472603. The files in this collection may change if sufficient interest is drummed up.

See you soon, traitorous scum!

SERVER IP: 80.82.209.171

Last edited:

Kuyajer

Tyoping Legned
Reaction score
Already played on it yesterday when it was up for a test run. was pretty fun, although I think we needed a few more people.

Nice to see us moving outwards.

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
aw yis TTT hype. I'll definitely be getting more interest in GMod now.

Also, will there be Staff on the server to maintain order, and/or will we be able to apply for it?

get hype this is the best thing to happen in a very long long time

also
random death match means killing without solid evidence please don't shoot everyone cuz you gotta feeling

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
aeoiaeoaeui yes
A cousin of mine plays this quite a lot, I watched him but I suck at it.
Like, what sort of tells are we looking for to try and single out terrorists?
If you see them kill someone, if they throw lethal grenades in the direction of people or groups, if they place or hold traitor-specific weapons, if they call False Kill on Sights, if they leave, activate, or open a traitor-specific room or trap, if they use the traitor tester and the light shows as red, if the detective uses a scanner on a murdered corpse and the DNA still on it points to you. The evidence that shows if someone is a traitor has to be very solid, usually always without room for error (I sometimes would say that if you throw a visualizer and it shows the direction of the bullet and someone is still in its direct path then they are a traitor) and all these things are traitorous actions or traitor only activations

Edit- A huge factor I forgot, if a person says "I'm with X if I die" or if they're in a shooting match with someone and they call out the KOS and then die then the person in the shooting match that was called out is also marked as a traitor. It helps if you're in a shooting match to call out who the traitor is because otherwise people who come upon the fight won't know who's good or bad and then you get 100 people shooting each other all at once and that's just a mess

• Thank You
Reactions: Swate