Trouble In Terrorist Town

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
I'm gonna give you all a superduper pro tip and then I'm going to suggest something

Go into your steam friends, find the person in question, and right click their name. One of the options in the drop down menu will be "View aliases." If their name was their Blocktopia name at any point in like the past few months it'll probably be up there.

My suggestion is compiling a list of alternate names people go by in a thread or something similar so we can get a grasp on who's who. But I think it's already easy to tell that Lovedaice is notice me senpai, Flavored Chips is Dynasty of Blocks, and I'm Kuroko Tetsuya. Can you think of any other people that even have changed names?

EDIT: I described the view aliases process very specifically because I know I'm the only one on this earth that knows about it, but it takes all of six seconds.
Lookin' at you Jammy

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Haysagar

755someone755

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
All this complaining over people who change their nicks, why not just change them to what your BT one is for the duration of the TTT server? :confused:
If you care, that is.
If you don't -- wait who even does care? Aren't you all on TS, going crazy like usual?
Then again, if you do care, why not check TS?

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
All this complaining over people who change their nicks, why not just change them to what your BT one is for the duration of the TTT server? :confused:
If you care, that is.
If you don't -- wait who even does care? Aren't you all on TS, going crazy like usual?
Then again, if you do care, why not check TS?
What Notty said, everyone talks in-game rather than on TS as to avoid ghosting. When the server goes down for a bit, say for a restart, or it's between-rounds (which generally doesn't take too terribly long) there's some chit-chat in TS.
Also, I don't mind if people change their names. I am good at remembering whose voice goes to what name, or their picture, etc. So it is no issue for me. I don't immediately see why there would be an issue over people changing their names, but I digress. What Jay touched on, having a thread for people's Aliases. I think that would be a good control over knowing who is who.
Also just typing this up, I can see how changing your name can be an issue; Someone could impersonate you and sully your name.

But I think it's already easy to tell that Lovedaice is notice me senpai, Flavored Chips is Dynasty of Blocks, and I'm Kuroko Tetsuya. Can you think of any other people that even have changed names?
I know Kurizmaah changes his name a lot. Other than those I don't think there's many others that do.

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
Maps that I think Blocktopia TTT is missing: (I got these maps from previous TTT servers I played on and the maps were fun to play on)

Also just one other thing, I've noticed people asking how to do the radio commands like "X is a traitor!!!" or "I'm with X"

1. You will need to have the Gmod console enabled
    1. Click the 'Options' button at the game's main menu.
    2. Select the 'Keyboard' tab.
    3. Click the 'Advanced' button in the 'Keyboard' tab.
    4. Check the "Enable Developer Console (~)" option.
    5. Click 'Ok', and then 'Ok' again.
  2. Open Gmod console
  3. Type in bind "[type in the key you want to bind]" "ttt_radio X"
  4. Replace X with any of the NAMES below
[xtable=skin1|352x192]
{tbody}
{tr}
{th=104x20}Name{/th}
{th=238x20}Text{/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=104x20}yes{/td}
{td=238x20}Yes.{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=104x20}no{/td}
{td=238x20}No.{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=104x20}help{/td}
{td=238x20}Help!{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=104x20}imwith{/td}
{td=238x20}I'm with (player you aim at).{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=104x20}see{/td}
{td=238x20}I see (player you aim at).{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=104x20}traitor{/td}
{td=238x20}(player you aim at) is the traitor!{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=104x20}suspect{/td}
{td=238x20}(player you aim at) acts suspicious.{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}check {/td}
{td}
Anyone still alive? {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
For example, for "I'm with (player you aim at)." I would do bind "l" "ttt_radio imwith"

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Mooglie

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Also just one other thing, I've noticed people asking how to do the radio commands like "X is a traitor!!!" or "I'm with X"

1. You will need to have the Gmod console enabled
    1. Click the 'Options' button at the game's main menu.
    2. Select the 'Keyboard' tab.
    3. Click the 'Advanced' button in the 'Keyboard' tab.
    4. Check the "Enable Developer Console (~)" option.
    5. Click 'Ok', and then 'Ok' again.
  2. Open Gmod console
  3. Type in bind "[type in the key you want to bind]" "ttt_radio X"
  4. Replace X with any of the NAMES below

[xtable=skin1|352x192]
{tbody}
{tr}
{th=104x20}Name{/th}
{th=238x20}Text{/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=104x20}yes{/td}
{td=238x20}Yes.{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=104x20}no{/td}
{td=238x20}No.{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=104x20}help{/td}
{td=238x20}Help!{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=104x20}imwith{/td}
{td=238x20}I'm with (player you aim at).{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=104x20}see{/td}
{td=238x20}I see (player you aim at).{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=104x20}traitor{/td}
{td=238x20}(player you aim at) is the traitor!{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=104x20}suspect{/td}
{td=238x20}(player you aim at) acts suspicious.{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}check {/td}
{td}
Anyone still alive? {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
For example, for "I'm with (player you aim at)." I would do bind "l" "ttt radio imwith"
Unfortunately not everyone reads chat =S

• Agree
Reactions: Lux

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
In ts? But that means I need to tab out etc xD

And yes I know about overwolf but it is still annoying having to stop and look :p
I'm saying that in Teamspeak, which is the usual source of this specific complaint, we might not see your messages because we're usually in a fullscreen game (just like gmod :eek:o) while you're typing, but if we're in TTT then messages are presented in front of us and we usually read them in case someone without a mic discovered the traitor

• Agree
Reactions: Lux