The Walking Dead

Arachadonic

Reaction score
Website
www.watchingyou.com
I predicted that the Governor would be back by Episode 5 and he was! As soon as the music came on I knew it was the Governator. The next episode is called "Live Bait!" and in the comics Tyreese was taken and tortured by the Governor (Tyreese was Rick's right-hand man) -- As Daryl is Rick's right-hand man he could be captured instead.

Or a thought of mine was that Hershel would be taken as he developed is character a lot in episode 4, and as he was just heading out with Michonne he may be a victom of the Governator.
SPOILERS... Are there for a reason -.- us Europeans are like 2 episodes behind I think..

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I predicted that the Governor would be back by Episode 5 and he was! As soon as the music came on I knew it was the Governator. The next episode is called "Live Bait!" and in the comics Tyreese was taken and tortured by the Governor (Tyreese was Rick's right-hand man) -- As Daryl is Rick's right-hand man he could be captured instead.

Or a thought of mine was that Hershel would be taken as he developed is character a lot in episode 4, and as he was just heading out with Michonne he may be a victom of the Governator.
SPOILERS... Are there for a reason -.- us Europeans are like 2 episodes behind I think..
Us pirates are 0 episodes behind

I had the idea that The Governor had run into carol and he either captured her or she is working with him for revenge on rick. Would make it interresting =P

W

Wimali

I read the entire comic series this week and it's freaking amazing. I'm not a fan of comics at all, haven't read comics since I was like, uh, 8 or something, but these are just awesome. Comics is at least 300% better than the tv series imo.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
We can't coddle everyone in spoilers
assume if this thread is updates its about recent episode this is not a hard concept
this entire thread is not going to be reduced to text in a spoiler after text in a spoiler etc. etc.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
EPISODE 5 WAS AMAZING. Was on the brink with worry and dread throughout a good deal of it!
Heeeeeeeeeeeersheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel! (He's possibly my favourite character as of this moment.)
Jeeze, the pace since Season 2 has really picked up.
But on with the newest episode!

Season 4, Episode 6
I'm quite surprised I liked this episode. Its interesting to see the Governor and what was going on with him parallel to what was going on in the prison at the same time (cause it seems like the next few episodes are flashbacking!)

Personally, I'm still very distrustful of the Governor, but after this episode, I'm feeling like hes turning around.
He could still just be a tad insane/crazy as he was at the end of Season 3, only using his actions and words to sway that family he just met.
...Or he could now just be a simple, broken man slowly digging himself out of that pit he was left in from the previous season. I'm guessing the later, though I was skeptical (since I thought he was basically going to burn the whole house down, to get rid of his past (photo) and the family there which reminded him of it... Kind of a cruel thought), with him saving the family and basically becoming their sort of guide and caretaker... He may have changed. But who knows?

Since we saw him at the end of Episode 5, for some reason I want to think he's somewhat changed and is leading that family he found to the prison as like a "safe haven" for them... But the preview of Episode 7 made me wary of that theory. :c

At the beginning of the episode, I totally thought the governor was talking with Carol. One of the girls of that families disembodied voice completely reminded me of Carol, and I thought someone's theory of her meeting him was true... At least for a few seconds. (I didn't think Carol would do that, she's strong and does what she thinks is best for the group--- And after season 3 I know she wouldn't trust him... maybe...
TOTALLY WANT TO SEE CAROL'S RETURN THOUGH (gosh she was such a good character. I mean, all that build-up from such a state she was in in the first season to what she's become now... really good stuff there)
TOTALLY BELIEVE SHE MIGHT BE TIED INTO LATER EPISODES... HOPEFULLY...

Actually, we did see a camp of people that the Governor and folk's were about to raid in the preview shown at the end of Episode 6. From what I know, the series hasn't left Georgia at all, and with all that's happening, that land of the living seems pretty small now... May run into the same face a few times.
Who says Carol might not be apart of that little camp?--- If that can even be possible and I'm not wrong that the camp was indeed there or was a group of civilian's little campground.
May just be total stranger though...

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
JKangaroo The governator goes to raid it but in the preview he says that we need to keep the camp safe or something along the lines of that.. so he could be trying to build a new group.

• Informative
Reactions: JKangaroo

Sephhh

Supermegauber Foxy Fox!
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
I hope we get back to the prison by episode 8, though I like the governor plot. These are just flashbacks too. Well we do find out he's been creeping outside the prison at the end of episode 5, so it might be him messing with them again. Oh and yes, they're kinda moving a bit away from the comics but I guess they'll eventually follow a bit of its plot soon.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I hope we get back to the prison by episode 8, though I like the governor plot. These are just flashbacks too. Well we do find out he's been creeping outside the prison at the end of episode 5, so it might be him messing with them again. Oh and yes, they're kinda moving a bit away from the comics but I guess they'll eventually follow a bit of its plot soon.
I loved his episode, made my hate for the gorvernor go away. He seems like a good guy now xD

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
PRISONER 03
ANDREA
MILTON
HALF THE POPULATION OF WOODBURY

LOOSED WALKERS IN THE PRISON
ATTACKED INNOCENT PEOPLE
KIDNAPPED GLENN AND MAGGIE

I just want to bring this up because he's not done anything absolve able yet

KiwiBunny

Reaction score
I'm once again questioning my feelings for the Governor due to last night's episode. He starts to seem like a good guy and then BAM! He kills two people in one episode. Y U DO DIS Governor !?!?!? :( Pete seemed like a cool guy, filled with humanity and compassion, which is so rare among the characters.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
http://i.imgur.com/gk8CpMQ.jpg

thank you reddit. Can't wait for next episode, they better not do a cop out and make us wait half a year for the action.

The next episode is the mid-season finale, at which the rest of the season will start in February next year.
(?????????????????????????????!!)
Is it longer?
[Seriously guys. He was nice to a little girl and her family, that doesn't change the monster that the Governor is.]

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
http://i.imgur.com/gk8CpMQ.jpg

thank you reddit. Can't wait for next episode, they better not do a cop out and make us wait half a year for the action.

The next episode is the mid-season finale, at which the rest of the season will start in February next year.
Is it longer?
[Seriously guys. He was nice to a little girl and her family, that doesn't change the monster that the Governor is.]

Usually it has the same amount of episodes in it as the first half, so you can expect another 8 or more episodes next feb.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Is it longer?

Usually it has the same amount of episodes in it as the first half, so you can expect another 8 or more episodes next feb.
I mean is the mid-season finale longer itself?

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Is it longer?

I mean is the mid-season finale longer itself?

Nope, but will surely end on a big cliff-hanger. I also hear that there will be a big death in the mid-season finale, or during the second half of it anyway.

W

Wimali

I've got the feeling the mid-season finale is going to be yet another governor vs prison episode

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I've got the feeling the mid-season finale is going to be yet another governor vs prison episode

Well, if you take a look at the sneak peak for the next episode..

OMG THAT TANK FROM THE COMICS HE GON' ROLL IN THERE AND FUCK SHIT UP

• Winner
Reactions: Nottykitten

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Sorry for the double post buuuuut.

MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS:
Holy fucking shit that mid-season finale was amazing. I knew Hershel was going to die but the way he did made my heart stop, literally. I absolutely cannot wait until the season starts again, as they are now split into 4 different groups and we have no idea where the bus went, whether lil' ass kicker is still alive, how Rick and Carl are going to survive etc.

Personally, I think the girl that killed the Governor and the one that ran off will end up with the group, but there is 3 new characters also coming into season 4 which are part of an arc in the comics where a guy pretends to be a scientist who works with the U.S Government.

Best episode to date.