The Walking Dead

wall345

Reaction score
Hiya! First off, I LOVE THE WALKING DEAD. I have read the books, or at least up to four... Seen ALL of the episodes (watching the finale I didn't catch), and played the game, and planing to get Survial Instincs soon. Myself, a few of my friends from school, and my science teacher, are going to cosplay as TWD characters to a local comicbook convention. And guess what? Norman Reedus is gonna be there... so... I'll see him there. As for our cosplays, I am going as Lori, my friends are going as Rick, and Carl, (whole little happy family i see there!) and we're thinking my science teacher will be a walker. I am as obsessed with TWD as much as I am with Sherlock (BBC).
Some of the stuff I've collected: ALL three issuses of TWD Magazine, various other Magazines featuring Interviews with the cast, four really cool action figures, trading cards... board games... posters... and a whole bunch more.
My fav episode would be Season Two's 18 Miles Out. I just really like it. Fav character would be Daryl, or The Govenor (don't ask!).
So yeah...

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
*Sees name of thread*
*Instantly clicks on it*
Walking dead is DA BEST.
I love the fact that you never know when a character is going to die. I mean.. Andrea... Dale... Lori? C'MON.
My favorite character is Daryl. It used to be him and Dale, but thanks to Carl (who I hated, but now like this series because he's a boss) he got nommed on. :(

wall345

Reaction score
can i plis
I dunno... I really liked him in the beginning, and I still do, but he's a just a little off his rocker, I mean not much. But In the first episode, I was "Team Walker"... so I like bad dudes! The Govenor just looks so good in an eyepatch... jk lol :bounce:

Sephhh

Supermegauber Foxy Fox!
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
I like the trailer! Now it's time to wait for 2-3 more months..

Anyway, I think things would get more intense since they now have more people. Some scenes show some sabotage which could have been done by the governor. Other than that, yeah, trailer was awesome.

SmoggyWaffles

Reaction score
I am so depressed it isn't funny.

They died a lot.

And Carol training the kids with knives, and then she gets attacked

And FUCKING GOD, the zombie that Carl and Hershel see, that looked a lot like Lori, and

Nomore.

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I think it was this guy...

Bob Stookey. In the comics he's a caucasian guy in his 40's who helps save the Governor after Michonne nearly tortures him to death.
The TV version of him is obviously a hell of a lot different.
Perhaps he could be an inside man for the Governor?

Brave

Reaction score
I also hated Carl. That stupid kid just messin' around doin' nothin' but walkin' around 'dem dead walkers.
But now, 'dat kid got some balls yo. *spits* He'll kill any god dang walker'he sees and that's pertty darn impressive.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Thoughts on the Walking Dead: Episode 01
Jumping right in, I assumed the pig’s significance would not go beyond making a point of the current state of affairs in the prison and being a good parallel to how the children view the walkers. After Patrick’s death, it is more than clear this is not the case. Very shortly after our sick piggy’s death, Patrick’s collapse in the shower shows definite signs of relation. We can be sure of the fact that Patrick was not bitten by a walker. The prison is, for now, undoubtedly secure, and any attempt of a walker inside the prison to bite any of the group would be captured on screen. No sane person (as Patrick obviously was) would hide a walker actually being on the inside. Walkers are not sneaky, so the pig correlating to Patrick’s illness also signifies there was no bite. An airborne illness seems likely, but that makes for an incredibly dire situation considering there’s no technology available to the survivors to simply avoid air.
One thing to note: Patrick’s fall angle would’ve brought him landing on the side or the back of his head, yet the blood is shown all over his face, and drops are on the ground where his feet rested.

The internal attack on Cell Block D left about 6 or 7 (possible many more off-screen deaths) people dead, counting Patrick, and Mika’s Dad. What is truly surprising about this is Mika’s sister’s distraught feelings towards the dead walker dubbed “Nick” and her disregard for her father. Something so unbelievable as that leaves a lot of paths open for her relevance. With her actions in the past two episodes, as of right now I believe her the prime suspect for feeding the Walkers. This leads me to the other issue at stake here. The flu that is killing people within a day of apparent symptoms. Obviously the biggest problem here is the sickness, because the actual hostile walkers can be dealt with following careful planning and emergency response, but the internal, unavoidable threat of the illness any of survivors can catch is much harder to stop. Already there’s at least one person who’s taking extreme measures to halt that advance as we’ve seen through the charred bodies of “Lady Who Survived Governor Attack” and “Irrelevant, Sick, Former Woodbury Member”. I do not believe that person to be Mika’s sister, as her disturbingly deep connection to the walkers leads me to believe she would not burn the bodies. I also believe it had to be someone who had knowledge of the illness, which would be the members seen talking around the table and “Boyfriend to Lady Who Survived Governor Attack” (I’m being too elitist about anyone who isn’t from Season 1 and it’s probably a bad thing in the long run because I don’t even remember their names). One last thing - I don’t believe it’s any of the “doctors” unless one of those doctors includes Carol. Hershel would FOR SURE in my eyes not kill people with a fighting chance. Hershel has been the “voice of reason” almost taking words from the audience and inputting the comments straight into the show. As all the other characters changed to be somewhat crazier or harsher, Hershel grew to be more compassionate.

Thoughts on the Walking Dead: Episode 03
Whooooooooooooooa. Mmmk. We’ve got ourselves quite the suspenseful episode on our hands. I think the first thing to hit is Carol.(called it ;D) Carol, much like Beth, (we’ll get to our favorite babysitter later) has become rather self righteous in her respective mission of prison caretaker. Despite the wishes of potentially everyone in the entire prison, Carol did what she thought would save the people, despite the absolute failure. What did surprise me was how honestly she reacted to Rick’s accusation. The fact that she could be executed for something like that makes it hard to see why she is so secure in her answer. Before moving on from Carol, there is one more significant point about her actions. Tyreese almost died this episode. He’s the one most out for her blood right now. If he happens to kick the bucket then it’s to protect Carol from being kicked out of the group, because I don’t think Rick can do it, and I’m sure no one else wants her out either. Oooke. So probably the secondmost surprising part of this episode was Beth. It’s been pretty clear from the start that Beth’s coping method is hidden in her dislocation from reality. She put herself far far above any sort of pain or loss to prevent any regrets or sadnesses from claiming her. But what we see her is totally unexpected because while giving Maggie her sch peel about work and closure, she starts crying. I’m not sure what exactly this means for Beth, but it’s obvious from Darly’s conversation with her that the way she gets on is making contact awkward. Lastly, the run to the Vet. At first I was glad to see the effort made to do something about the outbreak. With two somewhat close to major characters already almost out of the picture, it seemed we were in for a long series, but Glenn’s sickness will increase the urgency factor. Having a main character, especially one who just got married to another keel over would be extremely unexpected, but logically Glenn might not even have enough time for Michonne and the other’s to get back - especially with their recent mishap. The run’s current track of failure is definitely disconcerting considering we’ve got sick main casts and the situation doesn’t seem to be getting any better. (That might be the 3rd biggest amount of Walkers we’ve ever seen in one area! The city being the first and the farm being the second)
These are just some little things I write after each episode for speculation. Enjoy c: EDIT: NOPE NOT FIXING THOSE SPOILERS NOPE (The first 2 and the last 1 have words in them, the rest of fucking broken as shit)

Sephhh

Supermegauber Foxy Fox!
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
Well yeah, it was focused more on the flu and isolation, so not much happened. The ending though, quite surprised at first when she admitted it, but I think she's covering up for someone, I guess for the little girl Lizzie I think. Also Rick saw blood on the door which marked by the hand, and it was quite low, as if a child did it :p. Might also be the reason why the kid got the flu. Or, well Carl could have.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
I truly do not believe Liz (little girl name maybe sorta?) did it. She has a strange fascination with the dead - walkers specifically. I also don't believe Liz is sick, but she put herself in there of her own accord.
Also how can you guys say nothing happened when two main character's lives are close to ending
wat

W

Wimali

I just watched the newest episode, and all I can say is
I want a Carol spin-off

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I predicted that the Governor would be back by Episode 5 and he was! As soon as the music came on I knew it was the Governator. The next episode is called "Live Bait!" and in the comics Tyreese was taken and tortured by the Governor (Tyreese was Rick's right-hand man) -- As Daryl is Rick's right-hand man he could be captured instead.

Or a thought of mine was that Hershel would be taken as he developed is character a lot in episode 4, and as he was just heading out with Michonne he may be a victom of the Governator.

• Agree
Reactions: JKangaroo and digi