Pokemon X and Y

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
The reign of Dragon Type Legendaries (Rayquaza -> Dialga -> Palkia -> Giritina -> Reshiram -> Zekrom -> Kyurem) and Fire/Fighting types seem to be over (since it seems Fennekin won't be a Fighter later on... Hopefully)!

-

-
The Internet's reaction so far.
JKangaroo Giving a ghost as a starter would be cruel lol
Normal types, normal types everywhere.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score

-

-
The Internet's reaction so far.
Internet, how I love thee.
And Defiant_Blob , psh, Easy fix, just give you more dark-type moves, and make all the Pokemon in the beginning region not silly Bidoof's and Normals and more interesting type combinations!

My lovely Ghost Pokemon never get any love. </3
It breaks my heart.
They're needs to be more of em I say!

Brave

Reaction score
Internet, how I love thee.
And Defiant_Blob , psh, Easy fix, just give you more dark-type moves, and make all the Pokemon in the beginning region not silly Bidoof's and Normals and more interesting type combinations!

My lovely Ghost Pokemon never get any love. </3
It breaks my heart.
They're needs to be more of em I say!
How about Chandelure? He was badass.

• Agree
Reactions: JKangaroo

nitasu987

Reaction score
For Fennekin, I guess Fire/Psychic
Froakie: Water/Fighting or Water/Poison
Chespin: Grass/Fighting, Grass/Ground, or Grass
Either way, Once I get a 3ds and X/Y I'm choosing Froakie, Fennekin, and Chespin in that order.

Faliara

Reaction score
The game looks cool. But when I found out that it needs 3Ds, I was like, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, even Pokemon has fallen to the 3Ds. WHY. But I want to play the latest Pokemon games, so I hope that my older sister or little brother will be willing to let me borrow their nintendos
:D​

JKangaroo Awwwyea Brave you are all WRONG. This guys the best:

Score!

Posts merged, please refrain from double posting - Baker93

• Disagree
Reactions: JKangaroo

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
I'm not impressed.
Gamefreak's starting to pull a Call of Duty on us and that bugs me.
Give your reasoning.
Simply giving that statement doesn't have much weight as you could just as easily say the same for works from other areas such as art, movies, literature, and other forms of media.
Honestly, I don't see anything that does not make me impressed other that it's another Pokemon game, which I am quite fine with.

It's a JRPG which has been in touch with similar mechanics for many years now. What more can Game Freak really do then improve the graphics and aesthetics of the titles, become more creative in Pokemon creation and forms, create possibly a compelling and interesting story, and perhaps add a new style of battle, gamemode, or etc to spice up the mix?
I don't expect much from a normal, Pokemon-series game unless it comes around into a new aspect such as they did with Pokemon Ranger and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and possibly any new ideas down the line.
Unless they possibly add more slots for moves, it will be basically similar to any other JRPG that I know of on the market, so I don't count that in the possibilities.

It's only an announcement trailer.
It shows small scenes of the game just so people know what to expect.
There is very little to absolutely no information so far besides the names and forms of 5 Pokemon and how there is a more dynamic way battles play out. But besides that, we know nothing of anything involving the game, the story, the region, nor etc.
I wouldn't say "Not Impressed" quite yet, because we barely know anything about the game.
There is a span of 10 months until this game is released in October. This is the first trailer and probably the last for the next few months and/or weeks.

But I still want to hear your reasoning, since I do not find much that makes me either impressed nor unimpressed about the title thus far.
Please, give us some discussion involving this idea, because again, if you are comparing to what Call of Duty has been doing, then the same can be said again that of many other franchises.

• Agree
Reactions: Prizyms

mariosatr

Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
I don't like the starters; too much "cute", not enough badass imo. I do like the 3D though. However, I can't really judge it because there isn't enough info yet.

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
Which pokemon do you wanna see return in X and Y? So far, we've seen Magikarp, Golurk, Munchlax, Kirlia, Pansear, Patrat, Pikachu, Litwick, Psyduck, Weavile, Audino, Mienfoo and Dratini in the trailer, as well as a Palpitoad and Eevee in a statue, so assuming that everything in the trailer is pre-national dex, then their families are already normally found, What others do you guys hope are gonna be in it?

I want the Spheal, Numel, Joltik, and Houndour families in the game.

Riketr

Reaction score
Well I'm not really hating on Starters
I've always stuck with them and never put them in that old lonely PC Box.
The first time I put the starters in there was in Black 2 :p
Also, I'm gonna need to ask for a 3DS for my birthday
For Fennekin, I guess Fire/Psychic
Froakie: Water/Fighting or Water/Poison
Chespin: Grass/Fighting, Grass/Ground, or Grass
Either way, Once I get a 3ds and X/Y I'm choosing Froakie, Fennekin, and Chespin in that order.
No you are not pulling what everyone did with black/white and buying both versions.

Brave

Reaction score
In some of the videos I watched they all said everyone has a 3DS nowadays.
And yes. I think Fennekin has a psychic move probably confusion and the starters use one of the most powerful moves of their type e.g
Chespin: Solar Beam
Froakie: Maybe scald?
Fennekin: Flamethrower and Psychic

TubaRiver

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Which pokemon do you wanna see return in X and Y? So far, we've seen Magikarp, Golurk, Munchlax, Kirlia, Pansear, Patrat, Pikachu, Litwick, Psyduck, Weavile, Audino, Mienfoo and Dratini in the trailer, as well as a Palpitoad and Eevee in a statue, so assuming that everything in the trailer is pre-national dex, then their families are already normally found, What others do you guys hope are gonna be in it?

I want the Spheal, Numel, Joltik, and Houndour families in the game.
I want riolu, duskull, and wooper! :D

nitasu987

Reaction score
Riketr yes, yes I am.

HarmakPaul That's just sad then, Actually I hope they pull a HGSS (or GSC for you nostalgic fun guys) on us and have them just be monotype. As for returning, I vote NONE. I loved BW when there were just unova pokemon, I totally loved it. The one thing I hate about Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh is that they tend to drift to the older pokemon and not to the newer ones. BW2 actually blended old/new, so I'm happy with it (not counting that I actually got to use Flygon/Electivire in B2/W2 Respectively :D)

RaizzanX

Trash
Controller
Donor
Discord Staff
Reaction score
I just watched the trailer yesterday and my favourite is fennec or was it fennekin. I'm not sure whether I like the new pokemon designs but I like the new battle animation. Maybe it's time to trade in my old nds lite with 3ds...but I still have my other favourite games on the nds like Black 2 and ghost trick.