Pokemon X and Y

Brave

Reaction score
Three things:

1.) While the new art style looks amazing, I'll definitely miss that old 2D Pokemon feel.
2.) The starters look TACKY. Seriously. Like poorly drawn Digimon. The only half-decent looking one is the grass one.
3.) I wish I had a 3DS. Sadly I don't think I'll buy one just to get this game. :(
Considering all the reviews and reactions I've watch.
They all said we should all have a 3DS or know someone....:C

Brave

Reaction score
I personally love the fire type by the way.

IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW: it's based on the Fennec Fox, hence the name.

The grass one seems the most original though.
Yeh I also noticed the fennec fox thing
Yeh
The grass seems most different and not based on a real animal.

TubaRiver

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Right, well i too was waiting for an R/S/E remake. Yet, i think it's about damn time they got away from the pixel-y fighting and got into more 3D like. The animation, and the world looks great, i just hope they have a good plot and good post game. (Cause after getting the 8 gym badges and beating the elite four, i usually quit or restart there)

Anywho, to me, the starters are lacking design. The fire looks too much like zoroa, the grass.... no clue what thats supposed to be, the water.... uh.... poor designed froggy imo. Although, this is just probably due to running out of ideas for the designs. And there better not be another fire/fighting type! My god, too much of that. From the attacks in the trailer im kinda guessing (and hoping) Psychic, Ghost, Dark; as the 3 side types!

I'm also interested that this will be a WORLDWIDE release. Usually it comes out in Japan first and 3 months-ish later North America gets it. Not this time! Japan, Canada, United Kingdom, North America. They get it at the same time on the same day! :D

• Agree
Reactions: ealev

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
I don't think they'll have side types. Just because they use a type that's different doesn't mean it's their type x)
After all, none of them even look like Psychic/Ghost/Dark type.

The grass type is a hedgehog by the way.

Brave

Reaction score
Oh by the way.
Do you guys do Nuzlocke because I'm planning to but should I?
And Pokemon really is losing creativity...
Also
PLEASE.
PLEASE.
Make it like D/E/P
Where all the starters have a side type.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Because they keep using animals as and change the color and stuff and BAM!
New Pokemon....
Right?
They sort of have to reuse animals though. They aren't becoming less creative. They just have to reuse options, unless you want all Pokemon that are purely based on objects. .-.
Plus there are only 2 other evolutionary lines with foxes. Only 4 I believe with frogs (and toads). And none with hedgehogs. They're spreading it out pretty nicely.
The only animal that is used way too much is cats, which isn't much of a problem as they often have creative spins on them. ;3

• Agree
Reactions: JKangaroo

Brave

Reaction score
They sort of have to reuse animals though. They aren't becoming less creative. They just have to reuse options, unless you want all Pokemon that are purely based on objects. .-.
Plus there are only 2 other evolutionary lines with foxes. Only 4 I believe with frogs (and toads). And none with hedgehogs. They're spreading it out pretty nicely.
The only animal that is used way too much is cats, which isn't much of a problem as they often have creative spins on them. ;3
True.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Rattatatatatatatatatatatatatatatata
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My thoughts on creativeness of the new Pokemon gens: Nostalgia over old gens is not them getting less creative. it's just the Pokermanz seeming less like they were, and they used to be really interesting. If they stopped using animals we'd have Silverware - the Fork Pokemon and all would go to shit. Also, I've heard they plan designs out early and add it to whatever technology/world fits best to the designs they have.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Agreed.
And
How about a mega game like someone her said?
Ideas/comments/thoughts?
Originally I thought mega-game sounded like great idea, because there was so much potential that could happen if such a game was created and successful, just by its concept alone.
Then I realized that unless they put a particular spin on the game, it would essentially just end up being the same game over the same Generations with nothing particularly interesting that happens.
Plus, a Mega-game, where you essentially travel to every location and every region, essentially ruins the ability for GameFreak and Nintendo to possibly release remakes of the older versions people seem to want, and they probably won't give up that opportunity until possibly the Diamond/Pearl remakes occur.

The Pokemon games in my opinion should be branching out more into different ideas and aesthetics perhaps with a twisted setting on the regular games.
Perhaps, instead of a brand new region, you were in an Unknown region in a very large building, unknown on how you got there and then.
Instead of living, breathing Pokemon, all of them essentially are robotic or something along those lines, and you are essentially in a mirage that the building plays on you, thinking you are in some region with other, real people.
Essentially someone kidnaps you and other people and pit you together in some giant factory with robotic pokemon or whatever!... Not a fully fleshed out idea yet.

Or, as I always say now-a-days, the best, "Normal", Pokemon game will be when your MOTHER is actually the Champion all along, secretly following you in different disguises along the way, following your progress until you make it to the league, finally making herself known.
Because really, we always see our "mother" in-game just sit at home, and really only just heal up our Pokemon and we never really see her again.
They already made a Father-figure with Norman in Hoenn, what not have a Champion Mother?

There are so many ideas Pokemon could slip in/out of. Look at the Mystery Dungeon series, they created that where YOU are the Pokemon. Seems like a great idea.
The Pokemon Ranger series isn't as interesting, but I guess is alright for what they are.

Anyways... Off-topic from the idea of talking but X/Y... but oh well. xP
--------
And Awwwyea & Brave you're both wrong.
Obviously the best is:

Get your facts right! :p