Pokemon X and Y

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
I must say, I quite liked this Generation.
Of course the complete overhaul of the graphics was indeed a nice change of pace,
And the small additions such as player customization and Pokemon-Amie and all the little things were a nice distraction from the main game.
I'm so glad they limited it to around 70 Pokemon as well! It takes out a lot of, what feel like just "filler pokemon," and gave more room for awesome designs on the introduced pokemon!
Wasn't a fan of the Enemy Team however, kind of felt shoe-horned in and didn't feel like they fit the region that much. Love the work they put into the backstory for Kalos however, so kudos to them for that!

I played X and started out with a Froakie. This was the first Generation that I stopped using my starter because they presented me with a Lapras and... UGH, I LOVE Lapras.
I ran through the game with a team of:
-Charizard, Lapras, Gardevoir, Nidoking, Lucario, and a Heliolisk (the only Kalos pokemon I had on my team >.<)

Anyways, it's been pretty much exactly a month since the World-Wide release of Pokemon X and Y for the 3DS,
And, since its been such a span of time, I'm sure a good amount of people have already played through the story to its completion already!

Since this is most likely the case, I wanted to revive this thread for some of the post-game stuff, such as the Friend Safari, or just a general battle or trade! I know some of us have already done so, but I wanted to have a more centralized place where everyone can share and add other people who have it here in Blocktopia!

• JKangaroo's friend code: 4038-7164-1615
    • My friend Safari is a Grass Safari with Sunkern, Ivysaurs, and Gogoats!
I know Alpha102 and SmoggyWaffles are looking for friends too. :p
Come and post your friend codes and maybe we can battle sometime :D
Also I really want a Feebas from a Water Safari plz plz plz plz plz D:

Reaction score
Brave I don't feel like buying a 3DS to play at max probably 2-3 games on it. >>
And no one in my family has it.
(By the way original DS here :3)

But I might get it, if just for Pokemon ._.
But I can't use my flash card in a 3DS :I
;O
First DS? Damn...
Why not sell it to buy the 3DS?
And use get pokemon as a christmas present?
Well, it depends if your a huge pokemon fan or not really.
I still have the first DS... but anyway, the graphics for new Pokemon and all are great, but I was also hoping for a R/S/E (Emerald fan here :D)

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Can you tell me how to find my code please?! JKangaroo
On the 3DS home-screen (with all of the apps), on the Upper-bar of the Touch Screen there should be a little face surrounded by a box.
You should find it here: http://3dspedia.com/wp-content/uploads/add-3ds-friend.png

That's your friend list, and will have all of the people who you have shared codes with.
Your code is the first one, since it has whatever name you chose for your 3DS!

You can also register others here when you know their codes!

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Mmk, my friend code is 0688 5242 1920 and my Friend Safari is Electric (can't remember which Pokemon) and I am looking for a Friend Safari with Gibles/Gabites... DARN YOUR ONLY OTHER ABILITY THAN SAND VEIL WHICH IS BANNED IN COMPETITIONS BEING HIDDEN.

(JKangaroo)

Reactions: JKangaroo

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Anyone noticed that the new pokémon in the newer generations are losing originality? I basically cut off playing pokémon halfway trough Black. Basically i'm not happy with these new pokémon, Now i'm STILL waiting for a Red/Green remake (Better than Firered/Leafgreen) or a Sapphire/Ruby remake. I'm also not statisfied with those 3D cinematic battles. Big 2D sprites flashing when they took damage had it's charm... Also i don't like seeing the legs on the players, i am more of a fan of the small cute pokémon sprites. Anyway that's my opinion, i'm pretty sure noone-1-2 persons agree.

_JulZ_

Reaction score
I'm liking it so far. The world and animation looks a lot better, and Fennekin looks great.
I agree
When I get it I'm probably going to choose Fennekin (fire type) as a starter
Just because it looks nicely done.
Also the Water type looks like a frog. Just...
-no comment-
And the Grass Type..
eh...

I'm just gonna say.. look at the frogs final evolution compared to the other two (the fin evolution of it is my fav pokemon)

D

Deleted member 4601

Anyone noticed that the new pokémon in the newer generations are losing originality? I basically cut off playing pokémon halfway trough Black. Basically i'm not happy with these new pokémon, Now i'm STILL waiting for a Red/Green remake (Better than Firered/Leafgreen) or a Sapphire/Ruby remake. I'm also not statisfied with those 3D cinematic battles. Big 2D sprites flashing when they took damage had it's charm... Also i don't like seeing the legs on the players, i am more of a fan of the small cute pokémon sprites. Anyway that's my opinion, i'm pretty sure noone-1-2 persons agree.
I love pokemon, but I don't like how x and y turned out in terms of graphics - everything is in 3D, even your own character and every single pokemon. Sprites are a thing of the past. I loved the way how things were pixilated and simple.

EDIT: Yikes, a dislike. Don't get me wrong, the thing I want to get the most now is a 3DS, and x and y is my 2nd favourite 3DS game, the first being Mario kart 7.

• Disagree

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
I love pokemon, but I don't like how x and y turned out in terms of graphics - everything is in 3D, even your own character and every single pokemon. Sprites are a thing of the past. I loved the way how things were pixilated and simple.
Maybe nintendo should release a "Classic Version" of pokémon games using the Firered/Leafgreen sprites and graphics, See if that sells more maybe.

• Disagree

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Don't like the new Pokemon? Is it because they're based on real-life things and stuff? Hi Magnemite, Jigglypuff, etc c: Ooh, don't like Trubbish for being a Garbage Pokemon? Hi Muk, Grimer! I personally didn't like Black and White too much (like you, stopped playing halfway through White) but X and Y is a whole different story in my opinion and Gen VI is now my new favourite Gen.
[rantover]

Anyways, might as well tag SmoggyWaffles and Alpha102 since I gave my friendcode a few posts agooo.
(also my Friend Safari has Pacharisus and Electabuzzes and one other Pokemon which I do not know of)

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Don't like the new Pokemon? Is it because they're based on real-life things and stuff? Hi Magnemite, Jigglypuff, etc c: Ooh, don't like Trubbish for being a Garbage Pokemon? Hi Muk, Grimer!
This is why Sheep And Cows can't be friends, My milk-giving rival.

I never said anything like that,
I am talking about the lack of originality. Not that they're based off of IRL things.
Pokémon's names and appearances start looking like each other.
Also the original task "Gotta catch em' all" Is literally IMPOSSIBLE now.
(With literally gotta catch em ALL i'm talking about: All pokémon with all forms with all evolutions including the shiny ones) This is over 1000 pokémon. Anyway GameFreak should quit on making new pokémon and new regios and focus on some remakes of some old classics for now.

Also it MIGHT be because i got bored of the pokémon formula. I mean, Going past 8 gyms, defeating and evil organization and then becoming champion has become kinda boring over the past few years.

• Agree
Reactions: Cloudy

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Added Ooglie101 and SmoggyWaffles :D

My code is 2105-8691-0198. One catch to the friend safaris is that we need to see each other online(in-game) at least once to get all 3 pokemon to show up.

My safari is a rock one with Dwebble, Onix, and Barbaracle.

WE MUST GET THEM ALL!