Pokemon X and Y

Brave

Reaction score
Originally I thought mega-game sounded like great idea, because there was so much potential that could happen if such a game was created and successful, just by its concept alone.
Then I realized that unless they put a particular spin on the game, it would essentially just end up being the same game over the same Generations with nothing particularly interesting that happens.
Plus, a Mega-game, where you essentially travel to every location and every region, essentially ruins the ability for GameFreak and Nintendo to possibly release remakes of the older versions people seem to want, and they probably won't give up that opportunity until possibly the Diamond/Pearl remakes occur.

The Pokemon games in my opinion should be branching out more into different ideas and aesthetics perhaps with a twisted setting on the regular games.
Perhaps, instead of a brand new region, you were in an Unknown region in a very large building, unknown on how you got there and then.
Instead of living, breathing Pokemon, all of them essentially are robotic or something along those lines, and you are essentially in a mirage that the building plays on you, thinking you are in some region with other, real people.
Essentially someone kidnaps you and other people and pit you together in some giant factory with robotic pokemon or whatever!... Not a fully fleshed out idea yet.

Or, as I always say now-a-days, the best, "Normal", Pokemon game will be when your MOTHER is actually the Champion all along, secretly following you in different disguises along the way, following your progress until you make it to the league, finally making herself known.
Because really, we always see our "mother" in-game just sit at home, and really only just heal up our Pokemon and we never really see her again.
They already made a Father-figure with Norman in Hoenn, what not have a Champion Mother?

There are so many ideas Pokemon could slip in/out of. Look at the Mystery Dungeon series, they created that where YOU are the Pokemon. Seems like a great idea.
The Pokemon Ranger series isn't as interesting, but I guess is alright for what they are.

Anyways... Off-topic from the idea of talking but X/Y... but oh well. xP
--------
And Awwwyea & Brave you're both wrong.
Obviously the best is:

Get your facts right! :p
Keep it PG
Lil' kids might not like it
And Magikarp becomes Gyarados
Period.
THE BOSS.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
A mega-game had some serious cons :/
For one, by the time you got to the second region all your Pokemon would be overpowered. You could maybe balance the second region to counteract it, but by the time you've beaten that region your Pokemon would be all lvl 100.
Then there would have to be so much content. It would take Gamefreak the longest time to prepare 6 regions. This would be a huge amount of effort for not enough money in return.
Plus, they'd have to figure out how to handle legendaries. Give the player all the legendaries? A new starter for every region? What about the plot? Should this be a remake or a sequel? It'd have to be a sequel since the player character should remain the same through each. But then they'd need to concoct an elaborate plot to cater to each game's past. And they'd have to be given a goal. In most of the games the goal is to be the champion and defeat whichever form of Team <whatever> is there. Would the character just be a kick-ass person who defeats all the criminals of the world?

And then there's the fact that HMs have changed greatly. For example, in Gen I, Cut and Strength and such is needed quite often. Meanwhile in the newer games HMs are hardly needed, mostly just Fly and Swim used. Some moved aren't even HMs any more. Also TMs have changed in that they can be infinitely used.

Also what elements from each game should stay or be added? Remove Safari Zone? Add a Theatreusical/Competition to each region?

And above all it would be just incredibly frustrating to keep track of it all. The amount of items and elements mixed into one would create a huge mess.

I think keeping one region per game is fine.

But if you want a game that has all the current pokemon mashed into one, check out Pokemon Volt White and Blaze Black.

L

Later_Gator

Why is it called Pokemon X and Y? They definitely ran out of good ideas. ._.

• Agree
Reactions: ealev

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Or, as I always say now-a-days, the best, "Normal", Pokemon game will be when your MOTHER is actually the Champion all along, secretly following you in different disguises along the way, following your progress until you make it to the league, finally making herself known.
Because really, we always see our "mother" in-game just sit at home, and really only just heal up our Pokemon and we never really see her again.
They already made a Father-figure with Norman in Hoenn, what not have a Champion Mother?

There are so many ideas Pokemon could slip in/out of. Look at the Mystery Dungeon series, they created that where YOU are the Pokemon. Seems like a great idea.
The Pokemon Ranger series isn't as interesting, but I guess is alright for what they are.

Anyways... Off-topic from the idea of talking but X/Y... but oh well. xP
Don't forget the Pokemon Rumble stuff too!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I always thought it would be nice if they made a game around being a gym leader - you could pick your type, create your gym, and then add different NPC's to it. I think the best way to execute it would be with a storyline so that certain people challenge you, ect. and a way to pick your Pokemon near the beginning rather than catch them would probably be a good implementation for a game like that. For online play I would say that you could be a challenger to other's gyms.

• Agree
Reactions: JKangaroo

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Jayfeather21 sounds like an interesting idea :O
But only Pokemon fighting is boring. Don't you know gym leaders do so much more? They're pretty much the leaders of the region they're in, and go around helping people ^^ notice how half the time the gym leaders are never around when you first go to the gym? Rather, they're out helping people ;D
So you could go around similar to a Pokemon Ranger or Rescue Team, helping people out and leading your region.

Imagine playing as a Gym Leader in Kanto though, and fighting Red! And he'd keep coming back if you beat him, constantly stronger like an actual player x)

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
But only Pokemon fighting is boring. Don't you know gym leaders do so much more? They're pretty much the leaders of the region they're in, and go around helping people ^^ notice how half the time the gym leaders are never around when you first go to the gym? Rather, they're out helping people ;D
So you could go around similar to a Pokemon Ranger or Rescue Team, helping people out and leading your region.

Imagine playing as a Gym Leader in Kanto though, and fighting Red! And he'd keep coming back if you beat him, constantly stronger like an actual player x)
Sounds like an idea similar to Recceter: An Item's Shop's Tale, and that was quite a good game in my opinion.
It could work.
I wouldn't necessarily say Kanto, but that's my opinion.

And Gym Leaders have really only been seen helping out and seen as leaders of their respective towns and regions in recent games.
Past leaders have never really done anything then remain in their Gym's, and have not really helped in any way involving the groups.
Look at gym leaders like Clay, who actively assists in Driftveil's growth and production through Cave-mining and other tasks, as does Roark in the Mines of Oreburgh City back in Sinnoh.
Wake in Sinnoh helps out the city with the skill "defog" and give money to the unfortunate.
Drayden is even the Mayor and Leader of Opelucid in Unova.

Have not seen anything helpful come out from past games, only recently, so unless the games gives a personality to each Leader in past regions, and possibly provide a sense with their daily lives, then maybe I would be interested...

Wait, that totally reminds me of Persona...
A Pokemon Persona game...
I would totally buy that.
What a great idea.
GET ON IT GAME FREAK/NINTENDO.

Brave

Reaction score
Well,
Maybe the Gym Leader can fight trainers
But he can also help out in the city
And like in Pokemon Black and White
When the main character was stuck in the Castle
All the Gym Leaders arrived to help
Also the Gym Leader could also leave to explore other regions to capture more pokemon for his gym
but maybe types that his gym is?
And as his pokemon get stronger
The NPCs that come to battle him can also get stronger

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I was the one who came up with the mega game, and I can very well see that there are a lot of cons to it now, as pokemon is generally a single player game, I can definately see that it wouldn't work. Not as a single player game anyway, but maybe it would work better as an online multiplayer game. Any ideas on this be sure to post.

Brave

Reaction score
Oh yeh. How about Pokemon uses help from the community and the make a multiplayer pokemon game where you can choose whatever sprite you want and make your own life. There are no bad guys though because that's too much storyline but each person could be a different character and they just find pokemon or gym leaders or trainers and go to different regions. Then every year there'll be like a championship to be the champion for each region and another to decide gym leaders?

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
A
Oh yeh. How about Pokemon uses help from the community and the make a multiplayer pokemon game where you can choose whatever sprite you want and make your own life. There are no bad guys though because that's too much storyline but each person could be a different character and they just find pokemon or gym leaders or trainers and go to different regions. Then every year there'll be like a championship to be the champion for each region and another to decide gym leaders?
Already sorta done! Pokemon Online (I believe it's called) has an MMORPG setup of sorts. It's not officially supported, but it's free and works!
It essentially takes classics and makes it multiplayer so you can see other players and challenge them and such I believe~

Also, some awesome fan art for possible starter evolutions:

Stretford01

Out of this World
Reaction score
Got a 3DS over a year ago, will probably get this game.
Been waiting a while for 3D Pokemon :D
Yeah, gonna get X and not Y.
I got white a few years ago and I hope this will be better, didn't see the point of B2 W2.
That's my opinion anyway...

Brave

Reaction score
So the names are announced. I forgot them.
BUT.
Doesn't X look like the color of Sapphire and Ruby the color of Y? Or is that just me?

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
BUT.
Doesn't X look like the color of Sapphire and Ruby the color of Y? Or is that just me?
Why not just say that X is blue and Y is red? x)

By the way, X and Y relates to two things:
  • Two of the axes in space (suggested also by the fact it's the first game to be released in 3D)
  • DNA Chromosomes (shown in the logo by a DNA helix)

JKangaroo

Reaction score
BUT.
If you're trying to say that just because the letters are a specific colour is possibly hinting at a remake of Ruby and Sapphire, there were so many ideas back in Black and White that also made people think respectively, because if that is indeed what you were hinting at, because that's what it appears to be, I doubt it.
It's more likely that they merely coincide with the colour of each legendary anyways, as that is indeed, both of their respective colours.
XX and XY?
And probably yes.
The idea that the X and Y could stand for the chromosomes between a Male and Female get me to wondering...
Because remember back in Black and White 2, Kyurem had the ability to transform with the help of a gene splicer?
You know, when they released the idea that the two could transform together seemed like a big hint that other Pokemon could possibly be able to be fused together as well; at least, that is what I thought though it obviously did not happen back in Black/White 2.
With the idea that X and Y could possibly stand for Gene's, there could be a hint that it may be heavily involved in this new Generation.
If this guess is correct, which I doubt it is... But...
Perhaps, there may not even be very many new Pokemon this Generation.
I noticed that we would, as players, have the ability to catch Pokemon from previous regions right from the start, similarly to Black/White 2.
Because of this, my guess is we may not even see very many, or any new Pokemon at all(I doubt the latter), because it may seem that we could possibly be experiencing more with Fusion Pokemon? Possibly? I thought that would be a pretty cool idea when B/W 2 was released.
Food for thought!

And I just realized...
Seeing the Legendaries... They are No longer only Dragon Type!
The reign of Dragon Type Legendaries (Rayquaza -> Dialga -> Palkia -> Giritina -> Reshiram -> Zekrom -> Kyurem) and Fire/Fighting types seem to be over (since it seems Fennekin won't be a Fighter later on... Hopefully)!
Sky and Grass Legendaries seeing their forms...

JKangaroo

Reaction score
Oh, also (Forgetting this is a double-post):
I've been reading around and re-watching the trailers a bit and I think people have a good idea on what the typing match-up's will be once the starters evolve into their latter forms.

Seeing how he looks in the trailer and how his name potentially is from Chestnut and Porcupine, I am going to assume this will be our first Grass/Fighting type I've seen so far in the line-up.

I've heard reports that Fennekin had used a Psychic attack/move during one of the trailers, though I cannot tell, it seems people have been sold on the idea that Fennekin will end up being a Fire/Psychic type later down the line, which seems like an interesting idea.

Froakie seems like a standard Water/Ice type in my opinion, though I'm currently speculating that seeing the position of his hand, and how it appears that the two spheres that appear for a nose may make me believe a potential idea that in later evolutions he will grow a sage/wizardly-like, so I'm leaning on the idea that it will not be Fennekin who will be the Psychic dealer, but Froakie.

You know, I really want them to not have Grass/Fire/Water one Generation someday and do really random type-starters and create some really unique Pokemon from the experience...
Maybe a trio of either Dark or Ghost, possibly Psychic, maybe throw a steel pokemon in there...
Just please, although I love the original Trio, I really want to see some new starter types.

Oh, and I'm probably leaning in between Froakie and Chespin.
Fennekin seems to plain/going to be overused/ not as interesting, though I'll still probably consider him once more is introduced.

But, at the moment, leaning more toward Froakie then anything.
Just please... Don't make him Water/Ice or even Water/Ground please. ._.