Pokemon X and Y

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
No I don't think there will be new types added ever. I sure hope not at least. For all we know it could be flying or even dragon (That was what was judged from it's name color on the leaking awhile ago)

TubaRiver

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Sylveon <3

I bet it's a flying type because sylv is awfully close to the word. "sylph" which means wind.
I don't think they would add a "sound" type. but light? definitely.

• Agree
Reactions: Jayfeather

TubaRiver

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Okay, this thread is approx 3-4 months old. HOWEVER! It beats having to create a brand new thread.

Anywho, new information on the pokemon x and y games. 4 new pokemon, (plus the new mewtwo form if no one knows about it)

A bird, (that can learn fire moves) a panda, (which is a fighting type) a goat (which you can actually ride! and grass type) and a lizard (elec type)

The game's location is based on france.
You can customize your character slightly, skin color and hair color, clothes, and accessories.

Diagonal movement! OMG!!!

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

check it out.

Reactions: JKangaroo

Pikmon2

Reaction score
Gotta say, with the recent trailer, graphics look a HECK of a lot better then the first trailer. Looking forward to it more now! Still want Animal Crossing New Leaf more though <.<

Also Light type I'd understand, but sound type...? Loudreth would be like the only pokemon ever made previously to fit that. And what would be powerful against sound!? Earmuff type?!

CaptainCake

Captain of all things sweet and savoury
Donor
Reaction score
I've heard of Fairy Type a lot, and it would make some sense.

They have the potential to put all of these in there: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Fairy
And Sylveon is rather Fairy like.
YOU ARE PSYCHIC. Just in at E3, tonnes of new info. Here are some new gameplay videos:

New Fairy type, new type of battles, new pokemon, customization features... Nintendo...why must you torture me so by keeping me waiting till October the 12th?!? :mad:
You can read more about it here.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Fairy type strong against dragon? Would have thought that'd be more appropriate against ghost or darkness type. Then again, we will just have to wait and see.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Kind of wish there was a better name for the type than simply "fairy". :/
It's interesting, and its nice that there is finally a different type that can take down dragon type, especially with Pokemon I wouldn't have expected like Jigglypuff.
It'll be hard to get used to a new type though...
But it'll also be cool since I can use pokemon I wouldn't use before...

How exciting.

• Agree
Reactions: nitasu987

nitasu987

Reaction score
So far.....

Chespin, Froakie, and Fennekin all look alright, and seem promising.
Fletchling evolving into Talonflame? Sounds awesome and I'll definitely use it.
Vivillon's line: Butterfree/Beautifly redux. Not again.....
Pancham, Gogoat, Helioptile: Finally, Pandas, and a rideable goat! :D
Yveltal and Xerneas: Yveltal looks awesome, Xerneas... meh...
Noivern: Must. Have. It. Nao!
Sylveon: Aka the queen of derp. Probably will be special-based but Espeon will kick its arse still.
Clauncher: Krabby/Corphish redux, looks decent.
Skrelp: Eww.
Furubebe: Bleargh.
Gardevoir, Marill, Jigglypuff as Fairy Types: Eww (except for Gardevoir and Jiggly, that makes sense.)

• Sad
Reactions: JKangaroo

HeroOfTime125

Reaction score
New X and Y news! Earlier today, there was a private showing of Extrememspeed Genesect and Mewtwo's Awakening, which also held a preview of the Kalos animé coming October 17. During this, apparently a new Pokémon, Aulotte, was revealed. Keep in mind, this is the romanised Japanese name. This Pokémon is not 100% confirmed, but some people are streaming in, giving reports of it looking like Beheeyem, while some have said Tympole. Hopefully we'll hear more in a week or two once CoroCoro leaks. :) Also, new Pokémon stylised 3DS XLs will be launching to commemorate X and Y's launch. Though, it's not confirmed for regions besides Japan yet, if it launched outside, it's a great chance for people to get a 3DS! Hope you guys enjoy! ^_^ Source: http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

nitasu987

Reaction score
Lol where did goomy get leaked to, can't find it anywhere. Anyways I think the final starter evos (minus Froakie's maybe) are bad except Delphox is slightly growing on me. Kalos is the region of gimmicks and wasted opportunities so far. I really don't like the O-Powers and Super Training, but Pokemon-Amie seems interesting. I hope they bring back Contests or Pokeathlon because I loved those (but sucked at them)

Edit: Found Goomy.. YUSH It's gonna be Dragonite 2.0 once It's Goodra! I really like Skrelp's evo.

Here are my planned teams so far:
Greninja, Charizard, Malamar, Noivern, Aurorus, Yveltal
Delphox, Venusaur, Absol/Furfrou/Goodra, Tryrantrum, Dragalge, Xerneas
Chesnaught(eew), Blastoise, Pangoro, Pyroar, Aegislash, Zygarde

Legendaries in Italics because I don't have replacements if you don't get them before the E4, and Absol/Furfrou/Goodra I'm on the fence about both and I might just use Goodra anyways.
Dragalge is Skrelp's evo, Aegislash is Doublade's, and Zygarde is the rumored "Z" Pokemon which is Drag/Grnd and epic (But that 4x Ice weakness...)