Pokemon X and Y

Brave

Reaction score
I'm liking it so far. The world and animation looks a lot better, and Fennekin looks great.
I agree
When I get it I'm probably going to choose Fennekin (fire type) as a starter
Just because it looks nicely done.
Also the Water type looks like a frog. Just...
-no comment-
And the Grass Type..
eh...

Brave

Reaction score
A little sad because I thought the next game was going to be a RSE remake D:
And sad because its 3DS xP

But looks good!
True.
I was waiting for a Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald remake
BUT!
It's good that the Pokemon franchise is changing to 3D
And about the 3DS
I know it's annoying for people with the DSLite/DSi/DSiXL (insertotherpre3DSconsoleshere)
but it's been released for 2 or 3 years? At least someone in your family should have it....?

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Brave I don't feel like buying a 3DS to play at max probably 2-3 games on it. >>
And no one in my family has it.
(By the way original DS here :3)

But I might get it, if just for Pokemon ._.
But I can't use my flash card in a 3DS :I

Brave

Reaction score
Brave I don't feel like buying a 3DS to play at max probably 2-3 games on it. >>
And no one in my family has it.
(By the way original DS here :3)

But I might get it, if just for Pokemon ._.
But I can't use my flash card in a 3DS :I
;O
First DS? Damn...
Why not sell it to buy the 3DS?
And use get pokemon as a christmas present?
Well, it depends if your a huge pokemon fan or not really.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Although R/S/E was possibly my favorite region before Unova, I'm actually really glad those remakes have not seen the light of day quite yet.
A new generation seems more fitting at the moment;
Let R/S/E age a few more years, make the fans more anxious and wanting for the remakes to happen, and feed the fans what they want.
Even let the technology that made R/S/E grow even more older that when the remakes happen, It will engross the audience even more so....

Plus... I kind of just replayed Emerald so I don't quite want to play the same region quite yet...

Anyways, i'm probably not going to choose any starters right away, and probably wait to see what the other forms of the Pokemon look like to really pick my choice.
Although it may not be how I leveled up my Turtwig without ever evolving him because I just loved his basic form so much... I feel they are expanding the look of the Pokemon more in this version.
So I'm not going to judge the starters on how they look originally. There's more to em' than meets the eye, remember? ;)

I'm kind of hoping, since this is how it looks in the trailer, that the town's are more fully fleshed out, because after I saw how amazing Castelia City was created back in Black/White, I really could not go back to the original look of all of the towns.
And how the actual world is fleshed out looks really good. I mean, seeing the section with the character using the vine/rope to swing on seemed more...
I guess more realistic IF you were actually in the world of Pokemon, because you're obviously going to be in those kinds of environments.

For which game I'll pick... Probably PokemonX, because let's be honest, I'm pretty sure everyone chose Pokemon White because of Zekrom being the Legendary, and I think probably be a similar circumstance here with the Legendary from PokemonY. Unless some cities look different, like Opelucid did in Black(which looked and sounded fantastic), I'll probably stick with X.

Looks great. Glad I picked up a 3DS originally since my DS Lite was basically broken by the point of it coming out in stores(Hooray for saving up money \o/), so I'm looking forward to this.

Brave

Reaction score
Well.
Considering the original DSs are rare/hard to find on the market
Try to sell it to a kid who's in need of a DS?
:/

Brave

Reaction score
Let R/S/E age a few more years, make the fans more anxious and wanting for the remakes to happen, and feed the fans what they want.

Good point. Especially if Pokemon really wanted money they could just make a remake of R/S/E.

So I'm not going to judge the starters on how they look originally. There's more to em' than meets the eye, remember? ;)

Yeh...True but I always like Fire types starting from Charizard.

For which game I'll pick... Probably PokemonX, because let's be honest, I'm pretty sure everyone chose Pokemon White because of Zekrom being the Legendary, and I think probably be a similar circumstance here with the Legendary from PokemonY. Unless some cities look different, like Opelucid did in Black(which looked and sounded fantastic), I'll probably stick with X.

I will probably also pick Pokemon X
But notice how it's X Y?
X can represent a male
And Y a female?
Maybe it's me.
I don't know

JKangaroo

Reaction score
Yeh...True but I always like Fire types starting from Charizard.
Agreed, I've basically always either started, or replayed the game loving the Fire types in the first 3 Generations, especially since Fire Pokemon were significantly rare in many cases.
The fire types also looked fantastic and had a good theme behind them; Charizard, Typhlosion, and Blazikan.

But... After Blazikan.. ALL of the Fire starters became Fire/Fighting type after evolution which I got tired of quickly.
It was just like how after Rayquaza, note it being ALSO from Gen 3 as Blazikan, that ALL of the main legendary Pokemon were also part-dragon type. It just got tiring after awhile.
Looks like these new legendary's are not going that same route though! So I'm glad

Chimchar and Emboar didn't really seem all that interesting anyways.

I will probably also pick Pokemon X
But notice how it's X Y?
X can represent a male
And Y a female?
Maybe it's me.
I don't know
Could be, though it feels more like a set up for people to think there will be a bonus gen, Pokemon Z, which I doubt.
Kind of like how Pokemon Black/White could of had Pokemon Grey, but never happened.

Eh--- It could also be to mark the difference between the old, more 2-D oriented games prior to this one with it not being a certain colour/gem (The gems can be considered a colour as they do have respective and different styles to the normal colour scheme).

I don't know really, it could have been anything.

Brave

Reaction score
Agreed, I've basically always either started, or replayed the game loving the Fire types in the first 3 Generations, especially since Fire Pokemon were significantly rare in many cases.
The fire types also looked fantastic and had a good theme behind them; Charizard, Typhlosion, and Blazikan.

But... After Blazikan.. ALL of the Fire starters became Fire/Fighting type after evolution which I got tired of quickly.
It was just like how after Rayquaza, note it being ALSO from Gen 3 as Blazikan, that ALL of the main legendary Pokemon were also part-dragon type. It just got tiring after awhile.
Looks like these new legendary's are not going that same route though! So I'm glad

Chimchar and Emboar didn't really seem all that interesting anyways.
I agree. I always prefered the pure fire types.
It's also weird why they added fighting type to fire?
Maybe the beginning gyms were to hard?
Like Brock?
Yeh and Chimchar and Emboar didn't seem intresting but their final evolution sprites seemed pretty nice.

Could be, though it feels more like a set up for people to think there will be a bonus gen, Pokemon Z, which I doubt.
Kind of like how Pokemon Black/White could of had Pokemon Grey, but never happened.

Eh--- It could also be to mark the difference between the old, more 2-D oriented games prior to this one with it not being a certain colour/gem (The gems can be considered a colour as they do have respective and different styles to the normal colour scheme).

I don't know really, it could have been anything.
Yeh hopefully they'll make a third version
They haven't done it in a long time.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Another new region, I have to say, I have been through Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and now this new region.
I don't mind it but I know this means there is gonna be another pokemon TV series WHICH THEY HAVE STUFFED UP BTW! Pretty sure Ash is older than 10 after 13 years of watching pokemon. If your a fan of the game then you have probably seen the TV series at one point or another, if you ask me they are trying to restart Ash's adventure with this latest one in Unova. Watch it and see what you can compare with the first season if you don't believe me. Back on topic, I do hope they make a remake of R/S/E as they were the first pokemon games I ever played. Though I do have one wish I hope is eventually realised, that is... the mega game. All of pokemon's regions combined into one super awesome pokemon game. If that ever comes out I'd buy the game and the console for it first thing.

Pikmon2

Reaction score
Honestly just glad its not 2D and bad looking again, and changed! Still 4 way only movement ;c

But from the looks of it, if it has black and white's quality of story (NOT B&W 2's), it'll be great.

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
Three things:

1.) While the new art style looks amazing, I'll definitely miss that old 2D Pokemon feel.
2.) The starters look TACKY. Seriously. Like poorly drawn Digimon. The only half-decent looking one is the grass one.
3.) I wish I had a 3DS. Sadly I don't think I'll buy one just to get this game. :(

• Agree
Reactions: Hunter and Faliara

JKangaroo

Reaction score
Edit: also why are you guys so judgmental on the starters? It's not like you're forced to use them after you've caught another Pokemon .-.
I think people are just mildly blinded by nostalgia and nostalgic moments due to them being used to the older, more defined and long-lasting Pokemon just because again, they are much, much older, and they were introduced to those over these newer versions of Pokemon.

As I stated before, I don't really care what they looked like originally, as it's normally just not one form, but how you connect with the Pokemon as you go through the game, as they are, if this were real-life essentially, your life-long companions whom you for the most part spend every waking moment with, although they are normally in their Pokeballs.
I enjoy that feeling, and though I wish my Pokemon would look a certain way over another, but I don't fully care about.
They look a certain way for a reason.
The judging is basically people juding the Pokmeon, like a book, "by it's cover."
Let the people get used to these new pokemon, because honestly, they are growing on me.
I probably will be picking the water Pokemon this round; He seems like he'll become a unique Pokemon further down the line.

But in terms of not using them...
Honestly, I always try to keep the starters, no matter what; they must always be apart of my team.
I find it more engrossing, because again, they were your original partners from the beginning of your journey.
There should be some invisible bond between you.
Although they may not be as useful in your initial team of 6 Pokemon, and you could probably find a better one suited for the same tasks,
I dislike that. And for the most part, the Starters end up being better than a lot of Pokemon anyways in their later stages.

I am probably going to put my bets that everyone here and anyone else who has also seen this trailer PROBABLY are judging them terribly as starter pokemon, and not really getting a better look at em' and judging them by how someone could judge a book, again, by their initial appearance.

Brave

Reaction score
I think people are just mildly blinded by nostalgia and nostalgic moments due to them being used to the older, more defined and long-lasting Pokemon just because again, they are much, much older, and they were introduced to those over these newer versions of Pokemon.

As I stated before, I don't really care what they looked like originally, as it's normally just not one form, but how you connect with the Pokemon as you go through the game, as they are, if this were real-life essentially, your life-long companions whom you for the most part spend every waking moment with, although they are normally in their Pokeballs.
I enjoy that feeling, and though I wish my Pokemon would look a certain way over another, but I don't fully care about.
They look a certain way for a reason.
The judging is basically people juding the Pokmeon, like a book, "by it's cover."
Let the people get used to these new pokemon, because honestly, they are growing on me.
I probably will be picking the water Pokemon this round; He seems like he'll become a unique Pokemon further down the line.

But in terms of not using them...
Honestly, I always try to keep the starters, no matter what; they must always be apart of my team.
I find it more engrossing, because again, they were your original partners from the beginning of your journey.
There should be some invisible bond between you.
Although they may not be as useful in your initial team of 6 Pokemon, and you could probably find a better one suited for the same tasks,
I dislike that. And for the most part, the Starters end up being better than a lot of Pokemon anyways in their later stages.

I am probably going to put my bets that everyone here and anyone else who has also seen this trailer PROBABLY are judging them terribly as starter pokemon, and not really getting a better look at em' and judging them by how someone could judge a book, again, by their initial appearance.
Well I'm not really hating on Starters
I've always stuck with them and never put them in that old lonely PC Box.
Hopefully
The fire type won't be half fighting.