Status
Not open for further replies.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
he said he wants to save me for later
yeah but he only said that after i townread you

and my whole argument here is that people are planting seeds for lynching me later to score an easy mislynch; getting rid of me too soon will put the attention on those people i just named!
yeah but if you think that i decided to leave you for later to avoid putting attention on those people, that means i must've had reason to think it'd put attention on those people before deciding to leave you for later

but my reads of you of 'i think shes town but could be scum in the future' came before any of those people started pushing on you, so id have no reason to worry about them being in the spotlight, at the time of making my opinions of you

so that can't have been my intention

it could've been vat's yeah

BetaPanda

Reaction score
But why? Cult roles universally despised. Any sort of conversion of that magnitude is easily game-breaking.
Wait, but that's what I agreed upon that I'd be game-breaking?

I personally think there could be another way for the Devil to convert people but then conversion also seems a bit odd in terms of gameplay.

Like how would it work if say we have 5 town 5 mafia (just an example game, not the Setup we have rn) and 3 of the 5 town convert now we have 2 town 8 mafia and mafia auto win since there’s now an unbalanced game cause they just kill the last 2 players.

of course I could be skipping some gameplay mechanics here (I’m not exactly an expert at Mafia games and how they work) but it’s just how I see it
I'm pretty sure sessy said that I'd be unbalanced if the sinners get converted, which I agreed to, or did I misread her statement??
I personally don't believe conversion would work since again, i'd be unbalanced.

What theories do you have rn then, your current posting is meat-deficient.
Actually, now that you mentioned it, I do have a theory that has been on my mind yesterday. And it is regarding the role of saints and how they tie with sinners.
Judging by the Saints & Sinners summary, Saints would be town-aligned and are the juxtaposition of the devil (mafia-aligned?) and would able to help the sinners. - I was thinking that the Saint's power role would be to purify sinners in some way or form.
The power role would be either:
1) To prevent sinner's from dealing with the devil
or
2) To save them from the consequences of dealing with the devil
I hope this would be somewhat relevant to talk about later because I think everyone is occupied with other discussions? - I was inactive yesterday, so I'll try to keep up what everyone has been saying up to this point.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
but if mafia and town both get the information then townreading someone for having that information makes no more sense than scumreading them for it

i think you're defending tim since you think he's gonna switch to scum too and thus is gonna be your future scumbuddy
your reasons all boil down to reading my intentions instead of my actions so ok sure

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure sessy said that I'd be unbalanced if the sinners get converted, which I agreed to, or did I misread her statement??
I personally don't believe conversion would work since again, i'd be unbalanced.

Actually, now that you mentioned it, I do have a theory that has been on my mind yesterday. And it is regarding the role of saints and how they tie with sinners.
Judging by the Saints & Sinners summary, Saints would be town-aligned and are the juxtaposition of the devil (mafia-aligned?) and would able to help the sinners. - I was thinking that the Saint's power role would be to purify sinners in some way or form.
or
I hope this would be somewhat relevant to talk about later because I think everyone is occupied with other discussions? - I was inactive yesterday, so I'll try to keep up what everyone has been saying up to this point.
do you have any reads to share?

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I realise this is a response but y’know I have no bite-back or counter theory
Appreciate the response anyways. G2H what do you want to do with this day rn.

i didn't say alisha is potential maf, i said i think she's town but wanting to become maf. vat ignoring easy ways out of suspicion/digging a hole for himself felt townie to me. alisha's chaotic vibe felt like she's not invested in the game and i think it's since she's planning to switch alignment. her open chaoticness/lack of caution feels town since i think she'd try to fake cautiousness more as scum.
If there is a cap as you mention earlier, than everyone would try to go for conversion b/c a 2-person cap means maf can theoretically win in a day. That's absurd. Either all deal-makers swap in that scenario or it's dangerous/altered enough so that they are not inclined to do so, if that makes sense.

Boils down to believing a town would not gamethrow like that in an ideal world since that just sucks. Also me believing that Stranger would balance things in such a way that such scenarios would be impossible/incredibly unlikely. And, if Alisha plans to swap in this scenario, she'd be gamethrowing for maf as well since her allegiance change would be sus'd or outright known.

Like I said, it's the Notty thing. Notty would breed chaos but they weren't stupid.

i don't see either beta or sessy agreeing with suspicion on a partner so early like that, so if vat's scum i think both beta and sessy are strong town
But what if scum!Beta is sheeping town!Sess

neutral as in i don't lean either way. he's got a lot of content but none of it indicates alignment for me. it's mostly argueing we shouldn't make a deal + we should lynch between alisha and tim, and i can easily see aqua doing that as both town or scum. and i have no gut feeling on him

what's your read on aqua?
Their current theories on game mechanics have been good content imo. Plus their unwillingness to trust Tim/Alisha immediately and questioning their claims since claiming D0 is always worth being skeptical of. Would lean town atm.

since both were the right choices. last game we had 11 players so nling lost us a lynch compared to lynching, and id rather get more lynches above anything else. this game we have 12 so nling doesn't do that anymore, we get the same amount of lynches but also get a bonus extra night of actions. if i'm confident in finding scum then ill prefer to lynch them instead ofc but otherwise im happy to nl today
If you used the numbers argument out of the gate I'd buy it b/c that's true, but it hinged more on you having no confident sus's rather than numbers.

Cult roles are generally disliked/conversion roles in general b/c they can very quickly complicate a game or end it prematurely. Generally cult roles are hard to take down and rob players of abilities/wincons which is frustrating.

or
Good discussion on roles and the like. I want thoughts on players though. Where are you voting?

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
You mean the unnecessary mechanics we don't need to win?
nice strawman bro; we're supposed to be working together so why don't you add something useful if you have criticism of my game plan

aqua chose to lynch tim over you, he only changed his mind after i already said i wanted to townread you, so again it cant be that i decided to townread you to stop aqua looking bad
I only switched to Alisha because at the time fog was voting her and I figured it might be easier to get her lynched today - then fog immidiately removed his vote lmao

and my whole argument here is that people are planting seeds for lynching me later to score an easy mislynch; getting rid of me too soon will put the attention on those people i just named!
I mean surely you've done that more yourself? You've been the biggest supporter of my vampire alignment switch theory - if you are a sinner and that is true then we most likely would have to lynch you further in game.

Can you talk me through why you believe in alignment shifting?
I've literally said multiple times I don't - it is a possibility, not a probability

b) how would a doctor protect them from a deal? sure there could be a role that protects from deals but i have 0 reason to believe thats the case, banking on their presence and/or the fact one of tim/alisha is lying seems crazy
It doesn't - it just means that we don't necessarily only have 2 free lynches?

besides why are you so sure a role like that or a blocker type role doesn't exist?

In what way does neutral apply here? Neutral as in scum and town vibes cancel out or you just don't have a read? Null for me is when a player basically sends no signals out that can be investigated into; Aqua def has enough content to gain more than just a shrug.
Inf likes to pretend he's better than me at mafia ?

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
but if mafia and town both get the information then townreading someone for having that information makes no more sense than scumreading them for it

i think you're defending tim since you think he's gonna switch to scum too and thus is gonna be your future scumbuddy
i f y o u b e l i e v e t h i s w h y a r e y o u a g a i n s t l y n c h i n g t h e m ? ? ?

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
nice strawman bro; we're supposed to be working together so why don't you add something useful if you have criticism of my game plan
I'm not even sure where to begin with this line.
1) What strawman? You said we don't need any abilties, now you're using the potential presence of unknown abilities to throw shade at inf.
2) What is your game plan? Lynch Alisha and me? Why wouldn't I take issue with that? You want to use valuable mislynches to policy lynch a role that you think (not know) is a liability.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
1) What strawman? You said we don't need any abilties, now you're using the potential presence of unknown abilities to throw shade at inf.
2) What is your game plan? Lynch Alisha and me? Why wouldn't I take issue with that? You want to use valuable mislynches to policy lynch a role that you think (not know) is a liability.
We don't need x to win therefore x is useless and won't have any effect on the out come of the game

What a great, good faith argument, thank you Tim for contributing to this mafia game - I have reconsidered everything I have said this game because of you!

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
What's wrong with lynching based on educated belief? Are you saying unless you have solid proof someone is a mafia you can't lynch them. I have good reason to believe you being alive is a detriment to town by either having a deal with the devil down the line or actually being mafia yourself. I have seen many a lynch for less, don't pretend that I don't have an argument for your lynch. Either argue for a better alternative or accept and vote yourself or alisha.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Also don't care, didn't ask, plus you're white

• Dislike
Reactions: Timdood3

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
What's wrong with lynching based on educated belief? Are you saying unless you have solid proof someone is a mafia you can't lynch them. I have good reason to believe you being alive is a detriment to town by either having a deal with the devil down the line or actually being mafia yourself. I have seen many a lynch for less, don't pretend that I don't have an argument for your lynch. Either argue for a better alternative or accept and vote yourself or alisha.
The point I'm trying to make here is that you're making out a me/alisha lynch( even as town) to be as good as lynching a mafia, which is distinctly not true.
Initially I was townreading you for the idea but at this point your insistence has me feeling that you're trying to push a lynch on the pretext of "there's an unspecified downside that this role might come with, so we need to kill them" to get an easy mislynch.

Vote Aqua

• Haha
Reactions: Aqua

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Appreciate the response anyways. G2H what do you want to do with this day rn.

If there is a cap as you mention earlier, than everyone would try to go for conversion b/c a 2-person cap means maf can theoretically win in a day. That's absurd. Either all deal-makers swap in that scenario or it's dangerous/altered enough so that they are not inclined to do so, if that makes sense.

Boils down to believing a town would not gamethrow like that in an ideal world since that just sucks. Also me believing that Stranger would balance things in such a way that such scenarios would be impossible/incredibly unlikely. And, if Alisha plans to swap in this scenario, she'd be gamethrowing for maf as well since her allegiance change would be sus'd or outright known.
that's assuming everyone believes the deal results in a conversion though, sinners don't know what the deal does

and like i said it could be that the devil needs to meet certain requirements in order to be able to accept a deal

they may not be able to accept more than 1 per day as well

idk what you mean about "if Alisha plans to swap in this scenario, she'd be gamethrowing for maf as well since her allegiance change would be sus'd or outright known."? she could switch and town don't necessarily think she did switch/opt to lynch her

but to be clear, im not argueing for this conversion theory, i think its possible but im not saying i think its the case, alisha is, and that's all that matters for my point on her
Like I said, it's the Notty thing. Notty would breed chaos but they weren't stupid.
and i wouldn't say alisha is being stupid here. if alisha genuinely believes the deal results in conversion then i can easily see her bringing it up, then planning to convert, using the argument of 'why would i bring the conversion possibility up when i planned to convert myself, that'd just make people alert to conversions and shoot myself in the foot' to try to get away with it

But what if scum!Beta is sheeping town!Sess
but i don't think beta would pile on suspicion on a scumbuddy (vat in this case) like that so early on, even if it was to sheep a town, so i dont think that's what would be happening

Their current theories on game mechanics have been good content imo.
good content, but easy content to make as a scum to contribute. why does his contributions to theorycrafting = townie?

Plus their unwillingness to trust Tim/Alisha immediately and questioning their claims since claiming D0 is always worth being skeptical of. Would lean town atm.
i don't see why this is townie either unless you think one of alisha/tim are scum? aqua could easily be unwilling to trust them and question their claims if he's scum, either just to look like he's scumhunting or because he doesn't want townies to be townread too hard, since scum obv benefit from having as little townies be trusted as possible.

If you used the numbers argument out of the gate I'd buy it b/c that's true, but it hinged more on you having no confident sus's rather than numbers.
nope

tbh vote alisha

i was gonna advocate for NL today after we'd got good discussion on who to lynch going, since 12 players means NLing gives us the same amount of mislynches as lynching except with more nights to use actions
this is the first time i mentioned wanting to NL and it's about the numbers. ive said several times that i want to lynch if im confident in someone since i'd rather lynch scum than nl, but otherwise will want to nl, and that the reason is because of the extra night actions it gives us

It doesn't - it just means that we don't necessarily only have 2 free lynches?
yeah but we should be working under the worst case scenario assumption where that doesn't happen, not assuming it does

besides why are you so sure a role like that or a blocker type role doesn't exist?
i'm not, i'm just not assuming we have one, and so its too risky to lynch a sinner who i dont necessarily scumread, rather than nl/lynch a scumread imo

Inf likes to pretend he's better than me at mafia ?
?

i f y o u b e l i e v e t h i s w h y a r e y o u a g a i n s t l y n c h i n g t h e m ? ? ?
since i have no reason to believe alignment switching is actually a thing. if it becomes evident its a thing then i will want to lynch her, until then i think shes town and could easily not be able to switch alignments at all

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Initially I was townreading you for the idea but at this point your insistence has me feeling that you're trying to push a lynch on the pretext of "there's an unspecified downside that this role might come with, so we need to kill them" to get an easy mislynch.
other than all the other points I brought up and the fact you just got caught out trying to strawman me in a team based game, I don't see why a townie would do that to a fellow townie ?

Vote Aqua

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
my sus on beta is increasing given his weird 'that_guy is gone' post which felt kinda random/filler and then disappearing when i ask for reads
tbf other than Tim and to a lesser extent alisha I'm fairly sus of beta and unu too, niether have contributed much other than repeating what's already been said as their own opinions. (altho beta did have that post about a saint being a counter part to the devil which is an interesting idea but could easily be fishing for reactions from town prs)

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
other than all the other points I brought up and the fact you just got caught out trying to strawman me in a team based game, I don't see why a townie would do that to a fellow townie ?
Given the vote, it should be clear that I don't think you're a fellow townie.
I know our personalities generally clash, so I've tried to be patient but I'm fed up

Status
Not open for further replies.