Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Given the vote, it should be clear that I don't think you're a fellow townie.
I know our personalities generally clash, so I've tried to be patient but I'm fed up
Ok but that doesn't explain why you tried to twist my words to make me look like I was contradicting myself

there is no reason a townie would need to do that if my POV had flaws, which arguably it does. But instead you resorted to strawmanning me to make me look stupid in an attempt to undermine my argument.

Why did you do that if you're genuinely trying to work towards townie victory?

also slightly off topic but my take on gun control is

We don't need guns to defend ourselves, therefore guns are useless and won't have any effect on the out come of an armed robbery :)

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
but what changed in the last few posts where you went from thinking alisha should be lynched vs suddenly thinking she's probably town
As explained in an earlier post, I said how I felt Alisha and/or Tim could be the devil and know about the sinner’s abilities and be trying to play it off. However, I think this is unlikely and I believe that if needed their “abilities” May prove to be beneficial to the town if we/they decide to use them
What makes Tim/Alisha t/t for you?
I think it’s unlikely that two mafia players would be able to craft up the idea of having a role as described by them without being able to negotiate how best to play the game. Yet it isn’t impossible.
even if the devil isn't mafia
I read this and I thought, is it guaranteed that the Devil is a player? For all we know it could be a random generator? Which could be used by the “voodoo” people as a cover as a bigger threat? Like say if it’s the case of Mafia have a higher success rate at getting an ability without a negative consequence? Just a thought...

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I think it’s unlikely that two mafia players would be able to craft up the idea of having a role as described by them without being able to negotiate how best to play the game. Yet it isn’t impossible.
If sinners exist in this concept I would bet good money mafia know how their roles work too.

We've already established they make their half of the deal during the day so it's a pretty safe assumption mafia/the devil have to use a night action to accept their deal at night.For that to work they'd have to know the sinner's role inside and out.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
As explained in an earlier post, I said how I felt Alisha and/or Tim could be the devil and know about the sinner’s abilities and be trying to play it off. However, I think this is unlikely and I believe that if needed their “abilities” May prove to be beneficial to the town if we/they decide to use them
but what changed to you suddenly thinking 'this is unlikely'
but you already said one of them could be the devil so surely it can be v/t? your opinions arent consistent at all

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
If sinners exist in this concept I would bet good money mafia know how their roles work too.

We've already established they make their half of the deal during the day so it's a pretty safe assumption mafia/the devil have to use a night action to accept their deal at night.For that to work they'd have to know the sinner's role inside and out.
Fog to explain it better:

Day 1: Sinner requests deal with the Devil

Night 1: ?

Day 2: ?

Night 2: Sinner receives 1 shot PR

this gap in time implies there is some other parties actions that effects the deal - so likely in this case accepting the deal.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ok but that doesn't explain why you tried to twist my words to make me look like I was contradicting myself

there is no reason a townie would need to do that if my POV had flaws, which arguably it does. But instead you resorted to strawmanning me to make me look stupid in an attempt to undermine my argument.

Why did you do that if you're genuinely trying to work towards townie victory?

also slightly off topic but my take on gun control is

We don't need guns to defend ourselves, therefore guns are useless and won't have any effect on the out come of an armed robbery :)
tbh I was being petty.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Not necessarily. The devil/mafia wouldn't need to know every facet of the sinner role. At night they could just get a message "A sinner is trying to make a deal, what consequence do you want to give them?"
I see that is pretty probable.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Not necessarily. The devil/mafia wouldn't need to know every facet of the sinner role. At night they could just get a message "A sinner is trying to make a deal, what consequence do you want to give them?"
Yeah possibly but I feel like they'd be informed of the individual sinner right? Especially if you can continuously make deals I think the devil would have some way to keep track of each individual sinner. (plus lorewise it would be weird if the devil didn't know who he was making deals with - how would he know who's soul to steal?)

I still think it is a high possibility the devil/mafia would be able to blend in with sinners based off their roles especially how you and alisha sporadically gave out info - either one of you could have just been filling in the gaps from the other.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Yeah possibly but I feel like they'd be informed of the individual sinner right? Especially if you can continuously make deals I think the devil would have some way to keep track of each individual sinner. (plus lorewise it would be weird if the devil didn't know who he was making deals with - how would he know who's soul to steal?)
I mean yeah the example I gave would be the minimum amount of information.
But I don't think they already know who the sinners are or what we can do. After all, he's the devil, not god.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I still think it is a high possibility the devil/mafia would be able to blend in with sinners based off their roles especially how you and alisha sporadically gave out info - either one of you could have just been filling in the gaps from the other.
i think that's a possibility but in the case there's more than 2 sinners anyone could have easily counterclaimed that information by now

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
i think that's a possibility but in the case there's more than 2 sinners anyone could have easily counterclaimed that information by now
That would only be if you were both Mafia - and even then I still think it's possible mafia /could/ know exactly how sinners work to give them a cc, think republic

• Agree
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
But I don't think they already know who the sinners are or what we can do. After all, he's the devil, not god.
Oh yea sorry if I explained badly, I more assume he finds out who you are upon you making a deal, not from the start of the game. But I feel like he'd have some incite into how it works - especially if there's a hypnotist role like we've hypothesised (which tbh, out of everything is the most likely hypothetical IMO)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
can you answer my question here:

but if the devil is mafia then surely they could easily know this too

even if the devil isn't mafia, maf could've been told that. why are you ignoring that possibility when you yourself give scum information at the start of the game?

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Making a deal with the devil involves gaining an ability, but may have unexpected consequences. Deals are made by declaring them in the main thread.
fuck that doesn't help at all, you could easily be scum and know that
Well, yeah Alisha and I have the same role (but it doesn't have to be declared in thread what)
If you guys remember this interaction from the start fo the game where I tried to get Alisha and Tim to simultaneously claim their roles it definitely gives bad vibes

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
also i lowkey get bus vibes from fog + alisha

fog's vote and then complete 180 and inability to give an actual reason for it, and alisha's initial 'this is S U S' and then suddenly 'i cant read fog so hes neutral' feels bussy, like they wanted to throw shade but not go all in

maybe i was wrong and alishas just scum

• Agree
Reactions: Aqua

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
but what changed to you suddenly thinking 'this is unlikely'
I never thought it was a likely situation, it was just an idea I thought I would share incase anybody had any additional information that could support or counter this theory.

this gap in time implies there is some other parties actions that effects the deal - so likely in this case accepting the deal.
Again, I don’t think it’s likely that it is a randomiser, but it’s a possibility. Gotta keep our minds open for any kind of bullshit

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
also i lowkey get bus vibes from fog + alisha

fog's vote and then complete 180 and inability to give an actual reason for it, and alisha's initial 'this is S U S' and then suddenly 'i cant read fog so hes neutral' feels bussy, like they wanted to throw shade but not go all in

maybe i was wrong and alishas just scum
Hmmm you know that's another interesting point of evidence supporting a lynch of Alisha... what do you think we should do with this information?

• Haha
Reactions: Infected_alien8_
Status
Not open for further replies.