Lasagne Mafia - Game over

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
What do you mean by 'universally applicable', and why not?
I mean when was the last time you heard someone say "it's like he's firing birdshot in alisha's direction, seeing if any of it hits"?
["Hit" referring not to getting other people to vote her now, rather make people more likely to distrust her naturally due to the subconscious thing I've mentioned a few times)[/QUOTE]
It pinged my radar the first time but I thought it was probably nothing, but twice you've used this specific phrase when talking about being on alisha's side. I wonder whether this is something leaking out subconsciously.
The first time was "I can't take your side, so I guess I have to take hers"
And the second time because if I were to hold any other conclusion, I'd be going against my own logic.
I feel like you're not looking into the context here.
And what subconscious leakage would result in me saying that specifically? That I wouldn't want to go against her because I wouldn't want to face the backlash of suspecting her [because under the assumption that I'm mafia, I'd know she wasn't]?

I can see where you're coming from here, but I'm afraid it's just context.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Because he doesn't sound like he actually has any stake in this and might think it's an argument between two townies or something, and is picking a side to root for.
Okay, so you think he knows both of you are town and wants to pick a side with one of you, and thus 'has to' say one of you is town? Is that right? And so do you think brian is innocent now then?

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Okay, so you think he knows both of you are town and wants to pick a side with one of you, and thus 'has to' say one of you is town? Is that right? And so do you think brian is innocent now then?
I think Brian is either innocent or guilty. I don't really know though.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ok, let me rephrase that. How does "being behind you" (Something I don't actually see happening right now) protect me from anything?
Are you saying that I'm trying to get you to defend me in the future? Because I'm a person who would much rather let his arguments stand for themselves, though I do appreciate getting some assistance when my arguments happen to sway someone.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I mean when was the last time you heard someone say "it's like he's firing birdshot in alisha's direction, seeing if any of it hits"?
["Hit" referring not to getting other people to vote her now, rather make people more likely to distrust her naturally due to the subconscious thing I've mentioned a few times)
No I'm not talking about the birdshot thing, I'm talking about when you explained what you meant about him planting the doubt subconsciously. Why wouldn't you just say that instead of choosing to use a metaphor that didn't even fit properly, just because you couldn't think of a better one, when you could have just said what you meant?

The first time was "I can't take your side, so I guess I have to take hers"
The fact your mindset is 'I can't take your side so I guess I have to take hers' is something I'd also find suspicious. I'd expect it to be 'I don't want to agree with you, I want to agree with alisha to defend her' rather than 'oh I'm not able to agree with you so I have to agree with this person'. The latter suggests you have an agenda to me, going in wanting to agree with brian but not being able to, and therefore feeling as though you have to agree with alisha, not because you saw her in trouble and didn't want her to be lynched and wanted to defend her, but because it was something you had to do.

And the second time because if I were to hold any other conclusion, I'd be going against my own logic.
I get that, but your mindset being 'well if I believe this then I have to believe this' seems scummy to me. There's no conviction there. You've found brian doing something scummy, which means alisha is probably town. I'd expect you to have some conviction, some kind of desire to share that belief and be happy you've found another townie in the fog. Instead you have this quite neutral, unexcited perspective of 'well I've said I believe this, so I now have to believe this'. 'Have to', as if it's a restriction. To me it's like your perspective is looking at your options and seeing what you can't do anymore, rather than looking at what you've found and drawing conclusions from it. And that seems likely to be a mafia perspective to me rather than a town one, because it suggests you have the advantage of knowing who's who and are playing strategically rather than being lost in a field of suspects and trying to find who's who.

And what subconscious leakage would result in me saying that specifically? That I wouldn't want to go against her because I wouldn't want to face the backlash of suspecting her [because under the assumption that I'm mafia, I'd know she wasn't]?
You being on her team and feeling as though you have to town read her and defend her is where I was going with that, but that also makes sense

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Are you saying that I'm trying to get you to defend me in the future? Because I'm a person who would much rather let his arguments stand for themselves, though I do appreciate getting some assistance when my arguments happen to sway someone.
Or try to steer me in the wrong direction with voting

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I think Brian is either innocent or guilty. I don't really know though.
If the reason you think tim is mafia is because you think he's saying he has to say you're town because he knows you're both town and wants to pick a side with one of you, shouldn't you think brian is innocent? Or am I misunderstanding why you think tim is mafia?

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
No I'm not talking about the birdshot thing, I'm talking about when you explained what you meant about him planting the doubt subconsciously. Why wouldn't you just say that instead of choosing to use a metaphor that didn't even fit properly, just because you couldn't think of a better one, when you could have just said what you meant?
I did say what I meant. If we look back at the original post:
Yeah, I have to side with Alisha on this one. It kind of feels like Brian is grasping at straws to implant the idea that Alisha is mafia into the rest of our heads. Like throwing a handful of darts and seeing if he can get any to stick.
It was the best way I could think of at the time to elaborate. Maybe I couldn't remember the word "subconscious," I don't know
The fact your mindset is 'I can't take your side so I guess I have to take hers' is something I'd also find suspicious.
That was my mindset because I can't support inapplicable reasoning like that. I could sure, but what would the benefit be? Further undermining of Alisha's towniness, at the cost of supporting the scummy behavior of Brian? I think it's entirely reasonable to say I can't do that.
I get that, but your mindset being 'well if I believe this then I have to believe this' seems scummy to me. There's no conviction there. You've found brian doing something scummy, which means alisha is probably town. I'd expect you to have some conviction, some kind of desire to share that belief and be happy you've found another townie in the fog.
You're right about that, I'm not convicted to that idea, which yes, is why I phrased it in a noncommittal way. My views on Brian and Alisha are inversely proportional. I'm not entirely convinced that Brian was trying to undermine Alisha, and so can't be entirely convinced that Alisha is town. Brian had a basis for his reasoning, even if I don't think it's applicable. Because of that, I'm not sure if he was trying to undermine Alisha or trying to put out an observation. With the number of times he said it, I'm leaning toward it being the former, which means I'm leaning toward Alisha being town. However sure I am of one is how sure I'd be of the other. But even if I was more convinced, it's hard to be happy to think someone is town when they're accusing you of being mafia.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
If the reason you think tim is mafia is because you think he's saying he has to say you're town because he knows you're both town and wants to pick a side with one of you, shouldn't you think brian is innocent? Or am I misunderstanding why you think tim is mafia?
I think I'm misunderstanding why I think tim is mafia tbh