Lasagne Mafia - Game over

TehBrian

Reaction score
Website
t3hbrian.github.io
I'm formal and serious, and could be classified as uptight.
Why aren't you accusing me?

Is it because you've seen her be casual in other settings (i.e. discord)?

Forum mafia and discord mafia are two entirely different beasts. Any game of mafia I've seen outside of a forum, for example, are over in a matter of minutes, and you'll get another chance within the hour. Forum mafia, on the other hand, takes weeks. And with the slower pace, it naturally lends itself toward being more serious and cautious because it feels like you have more to lose.
I suppose, but no one changes that much. She completely changed the way she speaks, the paragraph breaks she takes, the tone, literally everything about the way she writes text. I'm not entirely sure if she's mafia but she's definitely highly suspicious. And there's 4 mafia people instead of just 1 wolf, so there's definitely a chance she's mafia.

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I can't say much about Alisha's behavior b/c every time I've played Discord mafia with her she gets killed night 1, so for all I know she could be playing some sort of weird 4d chess with us right now.

To give Brian some credit, reaction votes are one way to gather evidence in early day phases, so I'm not inclined to jump on him just yet. But that said, I do think we need to start some mudslinging soon unless we really want the day to end in a no-lynch, so imma do that right now.

Vote HockeyFan1852

• Agree
Reactions: Alisha

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount Day 1

Hockeyfan1852: [1/7] Stranger from Planet 9

Alisha: [1/7] TehBrian

No Lynch: [1/6] Hockeyfan1852

Not voting: [9] Alisha, Comp, HKCaper, Infected_alien8, MoltenAshes, Notme, Shadow_Hunter, Timdood3 and Unusual_dood.

7 votes are required for a lynch.
6 votes are required for a no-lynch.

Deadline in 72 hours!

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
I'm not inclined to trust anyone who votes no-lynch after the first night phase.
Random lynching statistically would benefit the mafia the most day 1 also there is no leads as of yet. The mafia would want to random lynch a town here because it would shorten the amount of days it will take them to win. This means less nights for us to attempt to get a lead. I find it interesting you are voting me but it could also be used to simulate discussion. So I don't have a good basis of accusing you of anything. I will leave my vote where it is.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
I suppose, but no one changes that much.
I'm not particularly jumping out to defend Alisha here, and Id prob have to go for a reread of the whole day soon, but first of all I dont see anything odd about Alisha yet.

Also if you are comparing Alisha here to Alisha in discord werewolf, because no one changes that much, i have to disagree greatly. Discord werewolves is a completely different setting, much more high paced, and usually made up out of 50% memes. Frankly, i dont think its worth anything trying to use werewolves for reasoning here.

That being said, you have been striking me as odd this while game. Although i cant put my finger on if that is scum or not, its still off. Prob just that i dont agree with the way youve gone after people so far, but that might just be how you play.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Yesterday i pointed out how mafia could have 'reverse framed' molten with the kidnap thing, but id also like to offer a different take on the situation.
1) His entrance felt stiff/rigid/awkward to me and he basically just repeated what others had said already without adding anything else. It felt like he posted for the sake of posting to blend in and I think mafia are a bit more likely to feel that kind of pressure than town, since I think town often have the comfort of the truth of their alignment on their side so they're less likely to go into the game trying to blend in since they feel as though they should naturally blend in because they're on the majority team
Goodness gracious Inffy is good at this game, color coding everything. Yeah I don't have much of a suspicion on him anymore, everything he's saying seems rock solid and I don't think Mafia would be so forthcoming
(ignore second quote till last bit)

Inffy was quick to put forward molten as suspicious. Since MoltenAshes took quite some time to claim being kidnapped, (while looking back i understand his point about waiting till he was sure he should), inffy could have put some susl on molten knowing he was gonna claim kidnapped eventually. Mhm, after writing this out its not too likely this was inffys intention, and i do think his points about molten make sense, but you never know for sure with inffy. Like, if i was able to come up with the reverse frame possibility, i think Inffy would have thought of it aswell.

Also second quote is more to inform Brian, that if he thinks Inffy isnt mafia because he makes posts like that he's quite mistaken.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Yeah, I have to side with Alisha on this one. It kind of feels like Brian is grasping at straws to implant the idea that Alisha is mafia into the rest of our heads. Like throwing a handful of darts and seeing if he can get any to stick.
I don't relate to this. Throwing a handful of darts implies he attempted to throw several arguments against alisha to get one of them to stick and get her lynched, and I'm not sure where you'd get that impression from since his argument was just that she's uptight and defensive - to me I just don't get this impression at all. Also I don't think making a werewolf comparison is 'grasping at straws', if he's got a frame of reference of her from other mafia-related games and uses that to read her this game that seems like it could easily be a genuine line of thinking there rather than grasping at straws to make something stick. This defence feels scummy to me.

You've seemed fairly quiet so far tim, and your vibe felt a bit different entering the game than the last time - it felt a bit more light hearted and less focused. I can think of plenty of explanations for this where you're town, but that in combination with the post above makes me start to doubt you a little bit.

Anyways, whilst I agree werewolf comparisons aren't solid, I actually agree with brian except comparing forum games instead. Alisha is a lot more serious/less relaxed than last game (when she was town) and I remember in spaghetti mafia she seemed pretty similar there as well (she was mafia). It could be a trend.

Brian can you answer my question about how you expect mafia to behave please? Since you said I seemed townie because mafia wouldn't be so forthcoming, so presumably you have an idea of what mafia play like - what is that?

Yesterday i pointed out how mafia could have 'reverse framed' molten with the kidnap thing, but id also like to offer a different take on the situation.

(ignore second quote till last bit)

Inffy was quick to put forward molten as suspicious. Since MoltenAshes took quite some time to claim being kidnapped, (while looking back i understand his point about waiting till he was sure he should), inffy could have put some susl on molten knowing he was gonna claim kidnapped eventually. Mhm, after writing this out its not too likely this was inffys intention, and i do think his points about molten make sense, but you never know for sure with inffy. Like, if i was able to come up with the reverse frame possibility, i think Inffy would have thought of it aswell.

Also second quote is more to inform Brian, that if he thinks Inffy isnt mafia because he makes posts like that he's quite mistaken.
Sorry I'm kinda confused as to what your point is - why would it benefit me as mafia to suspect molten because I know that he's going to claim kidnapped?

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
I don't relate to this. Throwing a handful of darts implies he attempted to throw several arguments against alisha to get one of them to stick and get her lynched, and I'm not sure where you'd get that impression from since his argument was just that she's uptight and defensive - to me I just don't get this impression at all. Also I don't think making a werewolf comparison is 'grasping at straws', if he's got a frame of reference of her from other mafia-related games and uses that to read her this game that seems like it could easily be a genuine line of thinking there rather than grasping at straws to make something stick. This defence feels scummy to me.

You've seemed fairly quiet so far tim, and your vibe felt a bit different entering the game than the last time - it felt a bit more light hearted and less focused. I can think of plenty of explanations for this where you're town, but that in combination with the post above makes me start to doubt you a little bit.

Anyways, whilst I agree werewolf comparisons aren't solid, I actually agree with brian except comparing forum games instead. Alisha is a lot more serious/less relaxed than last game (when she was town) and I remember in spaghetti mafia she seemed pretty similar there as well (she was mafia). It could be a trend.

Brian can you answer my question about how you expect mafia to behave please? Since you said I seemed townie because mafia wouldn't be so forthcoming, so presumably you have an idea of what mafia play like - what is that?

Sorry I'm kinda confused as to what your point is - why would it benefit me as mafia to suspect molten because I know that he's going to claim kidnapped?
As i said, im not to keen on the theory, it's a farfetched theory with a little too many steps. Its from a poibt of view where you are mafia. I implied that you found that Molten was taking long with claiming being kidnapped, so you put some attention on him, to later bring forward the possibility of molten reverse framing himself. Then youd be able to push a lynch on molten.

Then again after writing it out, it seemed so inplausible you'd do this, if you were mafia and mafia kidnapped molten, i wasnt so keen on it anymore. Even more so after writing this response.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Throwing a handful of darts implies he attempted to throw several arguments against alisha to get one of them to stick and get her lynched, and I'm not sure where you'd get that impression from since his argument was just that she's uptight and defensive
Ah I see it's time for a QUOTE MONTAGE!

Dart
Third, no doubt Alisha are the following roles: Godfather, Mafia Goon, Mafia Hooker, and Mafia Kidnapper. This means there is only one mafia we have to kill because Alisha somehow merged into all of them, and has inherited the abilities of each of them. How do I know this? I know. How do I know? I do. Just trust me.
Dart
Alisha and Unu are slightly high up there.
Dart
Alisha strikes me out of place because she's agreeing with me. That on it's own is odd enough to make me believe she's mafia. \_o¬o_/
Dart
Also yeah, Alisha seems oddly serious. In Discord games she's more relaxed and doesn't seem to care much, which usually works in her favor, but whenever she's mafia she always seems very tight and trying to prove herself or use LOGIC and REASONING™

\_o¬o_/

Vote Alisha
Dart
I don't. I'm always suspicious of Alisha, and Inffy agrees with this on me. Alisha is being uptight and no matter what she never seems this way.
Dart
Sorry, yeah. On Discord werewolf you can see pretty clearly though I'm always weary of Inffy, but he seems alright this time around. That's why I went on Alisha.
Dart
She completely changed the way she speaks, the paragraph breaks she takes, the tone, literally everything about the way she writes text. I'm not entirely sure if she's mafia but she's definitely highly suspicious. And there's 4 mafia people instead of just 1 wolf, so there's definitely a chance she's mafia.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Just to give some more context here;

He's had it out for me from his very first post in this game. Yes his first couple comments definitely looked sarcastic, it begins to lose it's humor when he unironically follows through on voting me.

Since he brought it up originally, on Werewolf he likes to go right for me because I have a habit of being able to read him as scum, and so he retaliates by trying to get me lynched every game as a result. I'm not keen on meta behavior based on a different medium for reasons already discussed, but since he brought the subject of judging my behavior based on Werewolf in the first place, I believe this subject is fair game.

From my point of view, it becomes disheartening to become the subject of suspicion every single time I play with certain people because my reputation demands for it. What do you want from me TehBrian Infected_alien8_ in this situation? You both have admitted I set off your vibes every game, so why do we have to follow this pattern?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ah I see it's time for a QUOTE MONTAGE!

Dart

Dart

Dart

Dart

Dart

Dart

Dart
In tim's metaphor I believe the 'darts' are reasons for suspecting you that he's trying to stick. He's throwing a handful of them since they'll aim at different spots and maybe one will work. That's the only way that metaphor makes sense to me at least, and that's how I interpreted it. Out of those quotes there is only one 'dart' he's thrown, it's just he repeated it a couple times when elaborating, and that's him thinking you're being uptight compared to in werewolf. And like you said the first couple seem to be memes to me so I'm ignoring those

From my point of view, it becomes disheartening to become the subject of suspicion every single time I play with certain people because my reputation demands for it. What do you want from me TehBrian Infected_alien8_ in this situation? You both have admitted I set off your vibes every game, so why do we have to follow this pattern?
I'm not suspicious of you because of your reputation, I'm suspicious of you because I just am. I can't help that. And I can imagine it must be frustrating for you and I'm sorry, it's the way I feel and that's just the way it is. I'm not voting you, nor am I planning on doing, and I don't 'want' anything from you. Just do you, and if you're town hopefully I'll escape the tunnel and see it eventually.

Just to give some more context here;

He's had it out for me from his very first post in this game. Yes his first couple comments definitely looked sarcastic, it begins to lose it's humor when he unironically follows through on voting me.

Since he brought it up originally, on Werewolf he likes to go right for me because I have a habit of being able to read him as scum, and so he retaliates by trying to get me lynched every game as a result. I'm not keen on meta behavior based on a different medium for reasons already discussed, but since he brought the subject of judging my behavior based on Werewolf in the first place, I believe this subject is fair game.
Interesting.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
And like you said the first couple seem to be memes to me so I'm ignoring those
As I explained already, the memes lose their humor when they're followed up by an actual vote. It feels more like his method of setting me up to be his lynch target that he can expand on by calling me uptight.

I'm not voting you, nor am I planning on doing, and I don't 'want' anything from you. Just do you, and if you're town hopefully I'll escape the tunnel and see it eventually.
K

Interesting
Interesting how?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Interesting how?
Interesting as in maybe brian's been wanting to lynch you all game so that he can stop you from reading him correctly, now that you've said that's what he does on werewolf

But I just realized in that scenario he'd probably just ask his team to nightkill you? I guess it's possible they didn't want to though

Which brings the point of if you're right and that's why brian tries to lynch you, why doesn't he just kill you in werewolf, and are you sure you've got his motivation right?

But I guess that doesn't matter since the point is, he always tries to lynch you in werewolf, whether because he wants you out the way or because you're someone he thinks is easy to mislynch or whatever, and it's part of his scum tactic, and since he's trying to lynch you now it makes sense to you he's in his mafia meta

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
As I explained already, the memes lose their humor when they're followed up by an actual vote. It feels more like his method of setting me up to be his lynch target that he can expand on by calling me uptight.
Possibly, I was just saying I didn't see those as 'darts' and so still disagreed with tim's read and so still think it felt fake

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Which brings the point of if you're right and that's why brian tries to lynch you, why doesn't he just kill you in werewolf, and are you sure you've got his motivation right?
Yeah that's why I'm not pushing on him more, because I'm trying to evalulate if he's a townie and actually believes what I'm saying, or if he's scum and working to discredit me early so I don't gain town power

But I guess that doesn't matter since the point is, he always tries to lynch you in werewolf, whether because he wants you out the way or because you're someone he thinks is easy to mislynch or whatever, and it's part of his scum tactic, and since he's trying to lynch you now it makes sense to you he's in his mafia meta
His attempts to lynch me are common enough yes which admittedly is tainting my own perception of his behavior right now which is again why I'm limiting the amount of pushback I'm doing
Possibly, I was just saying I didn't see those as 'darts' and so still disagreed with tim's read and so still think it felt fake
I'm in agreement here that Tim has been sticking his neck out for me, and I'm beginning to get nervous that he's scum trying to get on my good side

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score

My main point wasn't that he was making a lot of points and trying to get her lynched. It was that he's implanting the idea that she's scum subconsciously into our heads. Something that happened during last game with molten.

Throwing continuous one liners against someone with not much to back it up can subconsciously enforce the idea into bystanders' heads. So doing so is, in my eyes, a scum tactic.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
My main point wasn't that he was making a lot of points and trying to get her lynched. It was that he's implanting the idea that she's scum subconsciously into our heads. Something that happened during last game with molten.

Throwing continuous one liners against someone with not much to back it up can subconsciously enforce the idea into bystanders' heads. So doing so is, in my eyes, a scum tactic.
Alright, that makes sense. I just don't understand why you'd use the 'handful of darts and seeing what sticks' metaphor if that's truly what you were trying to say?