Lasagne Mafia - Game over

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Ok so here's my reads list ordered from most confident to least confident for each subsection. (Though I wouldn't be confident in people I put as neutral reads anyway so shutup)

Town

MoltenAshes - I said earlier that I was giving him some leeway with his posts since I wrongly scumread him all game last time, and since he's claimed to be kidnapped I'm going to give him some more grace since it's likely scum kidnapped him. It's not a definite read since it could be a strategy by scum, but for now I'm townreading him.

Hockeyfan1852 - His vote for no lynching is stupid but since Stranger is voting him, I think Hockeyfan is an inexperienced townie more than anything.

Neutral

Comp - Inactive as usual which usually happens when he's not invested in a game, but he's not above pretending to be inactive so he can slide under the radar from what I've witnessed.

Notme - I have zero meta read on raxo and he hasn't said much so someone else help me out here please

Timdood3 - He feels different than the previous game, and he's following me a little bit and I'm not sure if he's doing that to get on my good side or he genuinely sees the logical fallacies that people like Brian are committing.

TehBrian - Annoyingly going after me like he does every game, but like I said before I'm struggling to see if he's town and trying to feel me out, or scum and trying to discredit me early. He could have wanted to nightkill me first, but then again it's not like he would be the only scum in the game and could have deferred to somebody more experienced.

Infected_Alien8_ - Seems to be throwing suspicion onto everybody but after how the last game went, I'm watching him very closely. An early odd sign right now is I've had to prompt him on what he finds interesting which I haven't had to do even when he's scum. So maybe he's more unsure this time, and doesn't have an agenda he's pushing. I don't know...

Scum

Stranger from Planet 9 - Very early on Brian made his first joke about wanting to lynch me, and Stranger followed up by saying I was OP and should be nerfed. This reads to me as an attempt by scum to gain town cred by adding on to somebody else's joke. It's a minor reason but I do think it is significant enough.

Shadow_Hunter3 - He made about two posts, but they give the feeling of staying in the background which is kinda what he did with last game, so I'm watching him closely.

Unusual_Dood - He's doing that thing again where he makes a couple posts, then fades into the background only to post something useful later so we remember he's here.

HKCaper - My least confident scumread, but he's sorta lurking and avoiding rocking the boat. When he challenged Inffy early on and Inffy responded, HKCaper walked back what he said which I find peculiar.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Just got back home, I am trying not to afk so shhh

Anyway, look as usual with these games day 1 is really just guessing (except for maf obvs) and at the moment I dont have many opinions either way. Any behaviour at the moment can have explanations with would indicate town. Really its gonna be a bit later on when reads I think become a bit more useful

I propose we lynch UNU so he can't cheat for day 1

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Alisha and team feel like teammates since I don't understand why alisha's paranoid of tim following her

Timdood3 - He feels different than the previous game, and he's following me a little bit and I'm not sure if he's doing that to get on my good side or he genuinely sees the logical fallacies that people like Brian are committing.
She says she's not sure if he's a) doing it to get on her good side, or b) genuinely seeing the logical fallacies. But he's clearly genuinely seeing the logical fallacies since he said them, so this 'concern' she feels towards him doesn't make sense to me; he sees the logical fallacies, the question should be whether his intentions for defending her are townie or mafia, but that's not what she says, and if she did ask herself that question there shouldn't be any reason for her to be cautious of him since there's nothing to suggest it was a mafia motivation at all. I dunno, it just feels weird she'd be cautious of him when he was just saying something reasonable, and so it feels like she just feels the need to distance herself from him after I called tim out on a scummy defence of alisha (which is another reason I think they're a team, tim's defence of her didn't make sense to me either, and he says it's the best imagery he could come up with but I'm not sure I buy that - why wouldn't he just say what he said just now instead of thinking of a handful of darts, it just doesn't make sense to my mind rn)

Scum

Stranger from Planet 9 - Very early on Brian made his first joke about wanting to lynch me, and Stranger followed up by saying I was OP and should be nerfed. This reads to me as an attempt by scum to gain town cred by adding on to somebody else's joke. It's a minor reason but I do think it is significant enough.
Why do you think stranger would believe that adding onto somebody else's joke would get them town credit?

HKCaper - My least confident scumread, but he's sorta lurking and avoiding rocking the boat. When he challenged Inffy early on and Inffy responded, HKCaper walked back what he said which I find peculiar.
What do you find peculiar about it?

Infected_Alien8_ - Seems to be throwing suspicion onto everybody but after how the last game went, I'm watching him very closely. An early odd sign right now is I've had to prompt him on what he finds interesting which I haven't had to do even when he's scum. So maybe he's more unsure this time, and doesn't have an agenda he's pushing. I don't know...
tbh I just thought it was clear what I was finding interesting so it was just poor communication on my part

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
She says she's not sure if he's a) doing it to get on her good side, or b) genuinely seeing the logical fallacies. But he's clearly genuinely seeing the logical fallacies since he said them, so this 'concern' she feels towards him doesn't make sense to me; he sees the logical fallacies, the question should be whether his intentions for defending her are townie or mafia, but that's not what she says, and if she did ask herself that question there shouldn't be any reason for her to be cautious of him since there's nothing to suggest it was a mafia motivation at all. I dunno, it just feels weird she'd be cautious of him when he was just saying something reasonable, and so it feels like she just feels the need to distance herself from him after I called tim out on a scummy defence of alisha (which is another reason I think they're a team, tim's defence of her didn't make sense to me either, and he says it's the best imagery he could come up with but I'm not sure I buy that - why wouldn't he just say what he said just now instead of thinking of a handful of darts, it just doesn't make sense to my mind rn)
What I mean by logical fallacies is that he's going out of his way to defend me from TehBrian - plus I'm not convinced of Brian's alignment so I don't know if Tim is defending me from scum or buddying with me to look good. So yes it's about intentions like you said but I meant it in a more roundabout way so it's a miscommunication I guess

Why do you think stranger would believe that adding onto somebody else's joke would get them town credit?
Because he's not making his own joke. He's buddying up with Brian and expanding on the original joke that was made. It earns him subconsious credit with Brian and potentially town cred if everyone thinks the joke is funny, and Stranger doesn't have to face the responsibility for actually creating the joke.

What do you find peculiar about it?
He backed down and went out of the limelight

tbh I just thought it was clear what I was finding interesting so it was just poor communication on my part
Ok

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Alisha and team feel like teammates since I don't understand why alisha's paranoid of tim following her
Because there's a pattern of people following stuff I say and standing behind me while I take the heat from others. You were in that position last game and used that to steer me onto ideal lynch targets.

• Informative
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
What I mean by logical fallacies is that he's going out of his way to defend me from TehBrian - plus I'm not convinced of Brian's alignment so I don't know if Tim is defending me from scum or buddying with me to look good. So yes it's about intentions like you said but I meant it in a more roundabout way so it's a miscommunication I guess
What about it made you cast doubt on him though? Why did you get concerned that maybe he's buddying you? Was there a reason outside of just seeing him agree with you? Because usually when people agree on something they're not concerned about buddying unless there's a reason that isn't just 'they're agreeing with me', so I'm wondering what that was for you, if there was anything?

He backed down and went out of the limelight
Why do you find that peculiar though? Like he just changed his mind, reasonably so, from my pov, but why do you see it as peculiar? Did you think he should have kept argueing his point - do you think it makes more sense than he's giving credit to it?

Because he's not making his own joke. He's buddying up with Brian and expanding on the original joke that was made. It earns him subconsious credit with Brian and potentially town cred if everyone thinks the joke is funny, and Stranger doesn't have to face the responsibility for actually creating the joke.
Why does being funny = town?

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
What about it made you cast doubt on him though? Why did you get concerned that maybe he's buddying you? Was there a reason outside of just seeing him agree with you? Because usually when people agree on something they're not concerned about buddying unless there's a reason that isn't just 'they're agreeing with me', so I'm wondering what that was for you, if there was anything?
He's consistently agreeing with me which I guess is nice for me but it makes me question what his motives are; I don't recall him calling me out for anything so far this game so that's why I wonder what his read on me is.

Why do you find that peculiar though? Like he just changed his mind, reasonably so, from my pov, but why do you see it as peculiar? Did you think he should have kept argueing his point - do you think it makes more sense than he's giving credit to it?
More his lack of responses after walking back his statement

Why does being funny = town?
I didn't say that, I said that the joke can earn town cred if you deliberately make people laugh by joking around. It subconsiously makes them friendlier to you because of your charisma. It goes double when you follow up on someone else's joke because you're reinforcing your similar sense of humor to somebody else, and taking none of the responsibility if nobody else finds the joke funny.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
More his lack of responses after walking back his statement
What is there to respond to for him though? He said his point, I questioned it, he slightly retracted it, and that's all there was to say. Everyone else is just as quiet as hk is after. I don't really follow why you think it's suspicious that he's not said anything ever since he changed his mind on me when it's only been a couple hours

I didn't say that, I said that the joke can earn town cred if you deliberately make people laugh by joking around. It subconsiously makes them friendlier to you because of your charisma. It goes double when you follow up on someone else's joke because you're reinforcing your similar sense of humor to somebody else, and taking none of the responsibility if nobody else finds the joke funny.
Why does making yourself seem friendlier make you seem more likely to be town too? Mafia aren't usually the mean ones

tbh I don't believe you have these reads at all but TUNNEL VISION

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Why does making yourself seem friendlier make you seem more likely to be town too? Mafia aren't usually the mean ones
as in it's not like there's a trend where mafia = mean, or town = friendly, and I'm not sure where you'd get the idea that making yourself seem more friendly makes you seem more likely to be town, but maybe that's just me

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I'm not saying being friendlier makes you more likely to be town aaaaaaaa

I'm saying it makes town a little more likely to trust you/work with you, that's what I mean when I say 'town cred'

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
What is there to respond to for him though? He said his point, I questioned it, he slightly retracted it, and that's all there was to say. Everyone else is just as quiet as hk is after. I don't really follow why you think it's suspicious that he's not said anything ever since he changed his mind on me when it's only been a couple hours
But I'm impatient!!!

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm not saying being friendlier makes you more likely to be town aaaaaaaa

I'm saying it makes town a little more likely to trust you/work with you, that's what I mean when I say 'town cred'
I know, I'm trying to ask why you think that people think friendly people are more likely to be town

You just said here that it makes them more likely to trust you so that must be what you're saying right?

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
why wouldn't he just say what he said just now instead of thinking of a handful of darts, it just doesn't make sense to my mind rn)
Because I didn't think the comparison would go over well/be as universally applicable
It earns him subconsious credit with Brian and potentially town cred if everyone thinks the joke is funny
Do most people not disregard most jokes entirely?
He's consistently agreeing with me which I guess is nice for me but it makes me question what his motives are; I don't recall him calling me out for anything so far this game so that's why I wonder what his read on me is.
I don't have a particular read on you, but I'm not going to let you get lynched over reasoning like that.
I guess it wouldn't make sense for me to think you were mafia if I think Brian's trying to get you mislynched, so by that logic I have to conclude you're probably town.

I'm going to need to go back through and process the thread so far more carefully (even though it's only 7 pages). I'm struggling to remember much of what's happened.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I know, I'm trying to ask why you think that people think friendly people are more likely to be town

You just said here that it makes them more likely to trust you so that must be what you're saying right?
Ok now we're getting somewhere
I think that because it's harder to vote for people that genuinely get along. Look at how you, Timdood, and I interacted with each other in C9++; we joked around and couldn't bring ourselves to vote for you even when Choco and Fog brought up valid points for your deception of us. That's what I'm getting at, here.

• Thank You
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Do most people not disregard most jokes entirely?
I look at the intent behind each joke.

I don't have a particular read on you, but I'm not going to let you get lynched over reasoning like that.
Thanks

I guess it wouldn't make sense for me to think you were mafia if I think Brian's trying to get you mislynched, so by that logic I have to conclude you're probably town.
Yay

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Yeah, I have to side with Alisha on this one. It kind of feels like Brian is grasping at straws to implant the idea that Alisha is mafia into the rest of our heads. Like throwing a handful of darts and seeing if he can get any to stick.
It pinged my radar the first time but I thought it was probably nothing, but twice you've used this specific phrase when talking about being on alisha's side. I wonder whether this is something leaking out subconsciously.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
like it's weird wording for me, to say 'I have to conclude you're probably town', rather than 'so therefore I think you're town' or something

same with 'I have to side with Alisha' rather than 'I agree with Alisha' here

maybe I'm just being insane with this one but I think there's something to it

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
it's annoying because if they're town, both alisha and tim are really valuable players since they're both good at the game, which is why I said I wasn't planning on voting alisha earlier, since if I'm wrong then she's good to have around so I'd rather go for a suspect who's quieter, but I don't have a suspect as strong as alisha or tim right now so maybe I should just vote for one