Lasagne Mafia - Game over

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Excuse me but even that conspiracy theory is inaccurate.

I explained the possibility of a mafia sided kidnapping first.
That doesn't make the conspiracy theory inaccurate, you'd have known there was that possibility and someone would probably realize it anyway, so you bringing it up just helps you look useful and you still conclude that molten is likely town so it's not going against what your original intention would have

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
That doesn't make the conspiracy theory inaccurate, you'd have known there was that possibility and someone would probably realize it anyway, so you bringing it up just helps you look useful and you still conclude that molten is likely town so it's not going against what your original intention would have
Fair enough, I would probably do such a thing as scum. No argument there.

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
tA thing I think not many people have considered is that mafia could kidnap one of their own. The kidnapper role could be used either as a second roleblocker, or to protect a mafia member from being investigated (or shot, but I don't think the mafia would've anticipated a shot N1). With two cops originally in the setup, and the lack of anyone claiming they were kidnapped, I think it's at least reasonably likely that this is what happened.

And the second point, yeah, I hadn't thought of that.

3) What?
That's really a good point which I didn't even consider at all, but could actually be something mafias might have considered.

For 3) I thought of cases where we could assume the PR (after they died and we figured their role) got info that they hinted towards in the thread where we would be fooled. I for instance thought of a case where the cop dies and he highly town read player x day 1, and we could assume that was because he got x town. However, if we knew he got that the cop was kidnapped this would be useful. Not useful in very many cases, but in a few.

After reconsidering what Tim brought up I'm not equally as certain a kidnapped player is innocent as I were, but still think them being town is still more likely.

Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Fair enough, I would probably do such a thing as scum. No argument there.
It'd also benefit you to point it out so that in future people aren't assumed to be innocent based on them being kidnapped, allowing your team to kidnap people without fear of reducing the lynch pool too much

Tbh the more I think about it the more I realize that the mafia probably realized that kidnapping a townie would make them seem likely town and therefore made a plan based around that but I'm trying not to tunnel vision because when this day started I was walking through a tunnel irl and at the end of it there was a sign in big letters which said 'Tunnel Vision' so I think I'm being warned!

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
It'd also benefit you to point it out so that in future people aren't assumed to be innocent based on them being kidnapped, allowing your team to kidnap people without fear of reducing the lynch pool too much
Also I was wrong about being first to point out the possibility, Timdood was actually first. Oops.

I think kidnapping information can help supplement reads and other things, and shouldn't be counted as a rule of thumb, of course.

• Thank You
Reactions: Timdood3

TehBrian

Reaction score
Website
t3hbrian.github.io
Also yeah, Alisha seems oddly serious. In Discord games she's more relaxed and doesn't seem to care much, which usually works in her favor, but whenever she's mafia she always seems very tight and trying to prove herself or use LOGIC and REASONING™

\_o¬o_/

Vote Alisha

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Also yeah, Alisha seems oddly serious. In Discord games she's more relaxed and doesn't seem to care much, which usually works in her favor, but whenever she's mafia she always seems very tight and trying to prove herself or use LOGIC and REASONING™

\_o¬o_/

Vote Alisha
It's almost as if we're playing a forum game that only happens once every couple of months or so as opposed to werewolf games where the game ends after several minutes of memeing

• Agree
Reactions: Timdood3

TehBrian

Reaction score
Website
t3hbrian.github.io
It's almost as if we're playing a forum game that only happens once every couple of months or so as opposed to werewolf games where the game ends after several minutes of memeing
It's almost as if you're getting weirdly defensive and somewhat angry at the fact that I'm even proposing you might be Mafia.

MoltenAshes

Reaction score
You're being uptight. It's like saying you're sad. I'm not sure what about, but you just ARE being uptight. You're too formal or serious or something.
U
Is it just me, or does it seem like you're being quite jumpy to lynch someone over very little. You voted for Inffy as well which was quite questionable.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
You're being uptight. It's like saying you're sad. I'm not sure what about, but you just ARE being uptight. You're too formal or serious or something.
I'm formal and serious, and could be classified as uptight.
Why aren't you accusing me?

Is it because you've seen her be casual in other settings (i.e. discord)?

Forum mafia and discord mafia are two entirely different beasts. Any game of mafia I've seen outside of a forum, for example, are over in a matter of minutes, and you'll get another chance within the hour. Forum mafia, on the other hand, takes weeks. And with the slower pace, it naturally lends itself toward being more serious and cautious because it feels like you have more to lose.