Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Continue the thread as is

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
(( OH SHIT SO THE TRUTH GETS SPILLED NOW HOLY SHIT I DONT KNOW WHAT TO WRITE WHAT DO I DO HELP ME THIS IS SO SUDDEN ))

S-... Sin? My jaw unhinges, hanging loosely for what seems like an eternity. But then, as I think more about it, I am thrown into another scene.

---​

"What is it, Ark? You look pale." Connor shows a look of concern.

"C-Connor... you can't be serious. I hope you don't really mean what you're hinting at."

Connor puts a hand on my shoulder. We stay like that for a while, staring into each other's eyes, and then he embraces me. "Ark... you've grown older than me now, haven't you?" He laughs. "Ark, no matter what happens, you're my precious brother. I wouldn't trade the world for you. But you've been through so much. It's unfair, isn't it? You're the kindest person there ever was, is and will be. It isn't right. You shouldn't have to go through all this pain. You know as well as I do that it's time for change."

He breaks away from me and a mischievous smile spreads across his lips. "Help me, Ark. Help me overthrow God."

---
"Ark... no... please... Tell me this isn't true." Tears well up in Cynthia's eyes, but the ring on my hand doesn't go away.

"I'm sorry, Cynthia," I say, sniffling. "Connor... I trusted him... but he wasn't telling the truth. He lied to me. And now I've done the worst sin I could ever commit. I'm sorry. You should forget about me. Well... you probably have already, anyway." However, after I finish those words, I am met with a warmth that spreads across my body. Cynthia's nails claws weakly into my back.

"I'm so sorry, Ark," she repeats, crying. "I'm so sorry. It's my fault. If I paid more attention to you... If I stayed with you... I'm so sorry."

I put my hand on the back of her head. "It's not your fault." What have I done?
---
"It's over, Connor." I throw the ring and it skids across the floor, clanging and stopping at Connor's feet.

"What do you mean, 'it's over?' How could you betray me? Aren't we brothers?" Anger builds up in his voice. "Weren't we finally going to stick together after everything that happened? Weren't we going to support each other? Come back here. You can't leave! You can't abandon me like this!"

"Abandon you? Like you did to me? Like you've always done? You were never sincere, Connor. You wanted to use me. You were my brother, but I wasn't yours. No more lies. I'm leaving. I'm done." The only sound in the air was my footsteps.
---
"... And as the law of the universe dictates, Ark Palmer, Holy Angel, shall hereby be released of his wings and inflicted a final-class Ruin curse." The giant hands in the air snap, and a strong, unbelievable force rips into my back and pulls out the very roots of the celestial white limbs. My back burns immensely and I scream agonizingly, hurting my own ears, never-ending, as my wings are ripped off. When they are finally done, I lay on the ground, quivering and defeated, the only trace left on my back being two long scars. But I changed; I left them, one side of my mind tells myself. But you still did it, the other side tells myself. Even though you realized what you've done in the end, you still helped. The deed is done. And this is your punishment.

An invisible hand yanks my chin up and the powerful, booming voice calls down to me again. "Ark, you are cursed with Sin." A black collar appears around my neck for a moment before disappearing again. "Forevermore, you will sin and cause those around you to sin, bringing calamity and chaos wherever you go. You will never know happiness again." It must be my imagination, but I hear a barely audible voice after that whisper, "Ark, where did I go wrong?"

A hole opens up under me, revealing an endless expanse of glittering stars and swirling galaxies. "Ark, now that you are cursed and are no longer a Holy Angel, you will be cast out of Heaven. Farewell, Ark Palmer. This is your curse." As I am forced through the hole and I drift out of consciousness, those final words still resounded in my head. This is your curse.
---
Then, I am thrown back into reality and I almost fall over from all the information. It still feels like many things are missing, but Ross's words become more and more convincing. "I am... Sin?" But what purpose would I have if I only bring calamity to everyone? Am I really needed? "Y-you're wrong," I lie to myself.

(( So uh yeah Timdood3 gl convincing him he's still needed even though he's Sin
So there's a little smidgeon of Ark's big backstory, everyone, funny how I Remember by Tristam came on as I started writing

It is official! Ark is the Guardian of Sin as well as a Fallen Angel ( Faliara you can update his Guardian title from ??? to Sin in the beginning post now :p ). As he remembers things, you'll be able to piece his whole backstory together, but what we know now so far is that he died, became an angel, and got tricked by his brother into trying to overthrow God. However, he realized what he was doing and left him, but still got punished by being cursed to bring sin and chaos to everyone around him. Then he got sent through space and ended up here where that curse turned into his Aspect. So yea

Sorry, I planned to reveal this much later so if anything seems off, welp thats how it is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ so what does everyone think?

And as a final note: Timdood3 because it adds the proper sp0opiness ))​

Last edited:
Reactions: Naoh and Timdood3

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
((S_swimmer lol you tagged me twice))

"Sure. I might be wrong. But I don't think I am. Your face and your voice give me all the confirmation I need. You know what you are. And don't start thinking that's a bad thing. Humans need sin. Like I said, we can't have humans running around acting like gods. It sounds arrogant, I know, but they need to know that they are lesser beings. Sin is that line, that disconnection. Honestly, I'm glad you're the Guardian of Sin. That is to say, I'm glad I'm not. The Guardian of Sin is one of the most important. And also the hardest to bear. You have the most important job of all of us. You've made the most sacrifices for us.

"Remember that time you tried to summon a human? It failed, because you were in denial. But also because you didn't have us here to support you, knowing what you are. Well...Now everyone knows. And at the very least, I support you."

• Love
Reactions: S_swimmer

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
It's still hard to accept - that I'm needed, that it's okay being the embodiment of what causes everyone misery - of what caused me so much misery. In addition to that, the idea of "lesser beings" doesn't sit well in my mind. It's not as if the Guardians are sinless. But Ross's words comforts me, and I feel like I might really have a purpose - like I don't have to die just yet. "Th-thank you," I croak. Then, my legs collapse under me and I sink down onto the ground, staring up at the sky. Tears well up in my eyes and I silently cry for everything that has happened. I don't know if I am really a good existence, I begin in my head. But I'll try. I'll keep living.

(( *puts bow on box* well that'll keep him from killing himself for now @everyone ))

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
((Literally all that's left to do before wrapping up GotE(1) is making humans. pls.))

((unless I'm forgetting something. In which case....fuck))

((actual tags for everyone now Toiletprincess CaffeinatedKitty Ansoro2112 Mia Faliara Naoh Hunter ))
(( tbh not necessarily - if we wanted to we could even skip the grueling process of describing making humans and put it into the overview of the timeskip in GotE2, so we would even be able to wrap up and end now if everyone wanted

Oh, important side note: Even though everybody now knows that Ark is a Fallen Angel and knows some of his backstory, that doesn't mean the characters do - all they know now is that he's the Guardian of Sin which some may not believe ))

• Agree
Reactions: Timdood3 and Naoh

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I believe the plan was to end GotE1 by creating humans and then going into sleep mode for a millenia or two
((This could seriously complicate things though. For one, Catcocomics simply can't go along for the ride (which is kind of fine, I can just make a new character), as no matter what, he's going to move on at his thousand-year deadline. This would be simple enough, but...
unless I'm forgetting something. In which case....fuck
We need to do something about Catcocomics' current state; he can't stay as a magical fox and wolf for the rest of his current afterlife...
I've got an idea...))

"Tora, if you would, I have an urgent message for everyone."

Catcocomics gets Tora's and everyone else's attention.

"It's good that we are finally getting everything going after all this time, but before we can begin to grow, we must first tend to our wounds.
There are still some people who may try to stop us, but as a team, we should be able to set that right fairly easy.
I don't know the current condition of the portal that was created a while back, but I'm sure something has happened because of it.
But I think, most importantly for me, my time for departure is nigh, and yet I do not have all of myself here. I have a hunch as to what parts of me I am missing, and I'm more than certain that they are in Death's scythe world
((and let's just assume that the green 'flames' that leaped into Topaz a while back left her)).
I may not be able to recall much else as of now, but those who are willing, I ask that we clean up the mess of our mistakes so that this planet may prosper...
And I hope to see the day when this planet becomes it's own collection of advanced civilizations...
Perhaps then...
Perhaps I shall be there to tell the people tales of the days of old...
the days of old that are now."

He couldn't be entirely sure, but... somehow, Catcocomics could feel that something was going to happen soon, a closing act to this chapter of this planet's story.
He didn't know exactly, but he had a feeling that his first and final goodbye with these people he had spent so long with (and yet, so short) was near.
That soon, he would never see these same faces again, save for in his memory.
He felt it would be in his best interest to cherish the next several hours he spent with them, no matter what happened.

((@All guardians who have survived thus far.
The end of the beginning is here, and... different than I envisioned.))

Reactions: Naoh

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Getting up and taking a couple deep breaths, I walk over to the group and listen to the speech. I whisper to Ross, "W-ho is that?" I have more questions, but I keep them inside myself.

(( Sorry this has to be done as Ark is still clueless af

I haven't been in this role-play for too long but still holy shit my feels are going wild for everyone ))

• Agree

Naoh

Scott Pilgrim
Reaction score
"No, we need all of us. Even Fear." Takot lay on the ground, face down. Even fear...? I always felt like I was useless... nobody needed me or liked me.

Oh brother, you always where a dummy.

Fear?

Jeez, I've been keeping my mouth shut this whole time, have you forgotten me?

Well, kinda...

When was the last time you thought about how lucky you are, instead of how bad off you are?

Uh.. not at all I think

See what I'm saying?

Not really...

Zwn bruh, Zwn.

What about her?

You love her don't you?

...Yeah. Yeah I do. I'd do anything for her. Hell, I'd die for her.

Pretty sure that she loves you too.

I don't know Fear...

Everything Takot could remember about Zwn flooded into his mind's eye. The first time he saw her. The little talks they had. The kiss.

Fear forced Takot's body up. Takot smiled at Allouette, who was trying to comfort him. "I'm okay now, thanks." He walked back over to Zwn and sat down. "Uh Zwn, you know, I've been meaning to talk to you. I... ah... Takot's face turned red. "I wanted to apologize for trying to run away like that... it was wrong and I love you." Takot's face turned blood red. "I MEAN I'M SORRY. IT WAS WRONG AND I'M SORRY. HEHEHEH." Takot groaned. "Also yeah. I uh, I like you. A lot."

Oh brother.

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
Ark looks stricken, to say the least, and refuses to accept the possibility. Ross continues, though, and Alouette's mindset shifts- he's right. There is no element that's truly bad when it comes to human nature, and even those that embody "negative" elements aren't truly bad. Fear is just a normal kid- as obvious if one watches him interact with Zwn- and Death, while somewhat mysterious, was nonetheless approachable and even helpful.
Though he's blunt, Ross's words seem to be somewhat of a comfort to Ark. Thankfully. Even if he represents Sin, the latter seems almost fragile- especially when it comes to the impact of spoken words.
Mulling that over, she draws her legs up as if to sit on her knees- but it's merely for the sake of appearances and habit. It's comfortable, though, and she focuses back on the conversation going on around them.

((@everyone sorry if the end sounds like gibberish I'm tired
Also Takot is an adorable dork <3))

• Thank You

Catcocomics

Reaction score
((You know, it's kind of funny... almost ironic (when given explanation/reasoning to make sense).

When Catcocomics finally understands the full extent of the guardians' plan, which is to make the planet full of life, get humans started, and then head a couple millennia to the future, Catcocomics will be forced to stay behind and reveals to the guardians that, while the guardians shall move on with their new world, he must be left to 'die' with his own time. The guardians then go into what ever stasis they have planned.

While the guardians are in their stasis, Catcocomics will frequently visit the planet, protecting the inhabitants from outside invaders, keeping the humans on a more righteous path than that even of Earth, and most importantly of all, giving the new humans legends to remember him by.

By doing this, not only will Catcocomics have ensured ensure the Guardians reawaken with a warm welcome, but when they reawaken, those that knew him will miss him.

As a final request for my current character, for GoTE 1, could I briefly play as the planet please? I'm kind of thinking that the only characters besides Death and Endal that could quickly remedy Catcocomics' situation would be the planet, who has thus far done nothing.))

Again signaling Tora to translate;

"It is very clear to me that at last, you are all working on the goal you all had initially intended to strive for.
I ask to be informed as to how you all intend to go about bringing civilization to this planet.
And to this planet, I ask but a small favor; complete me."

((Mia because I forgot to tag you in my last post.
Faliara ))

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
"Takot!" she called as the boy ran off, lead settling itself in her stomach. Luckily for her, Ross stopped him and.. pep talked him, seeming to calm him down. Slowly, he begun to walk back towards her, relief causing the lead feeling to dissipate. He begun to stutter, turning bright red as he tried to get something out. "It was wrong and I love you," rang in her ears like alarm bells and she flushed a deep red, laughing nervously as he tried to fix his words and stumbling over himself. By this point her whole face and down her neck had turned a rose red and she was fiddling and fidgeting with her tail with a shy grin. She wanted to tell Ross she agreed with him, but something else was on her mind. Namely the bashful dork standing beside her. Carefully, without a word, she stood - looking at the ground nervously.. and tackled him. The small, incredibly short white-tailed girl full on bowled into the young boy, gripping him tightly in a wolf bear hug and burying her face in his shirt. After she released him from her long death-hold, she turned sheepishly to Ross with a smile and muttered softly, "We should p-probably get to the hum-man thing."

((Takot Ross The person who'll probably fangirl as much as me ))

• Love

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
((Takot you fuckin dork))

As a final request for my current character, for GoTE 1, could I briefly play as the planet please? I'm kind of thinking that the only characters besides Death and Endal that could quickly remedy Catcocomics' situation would be the planet, who has thus far done nothing.))
((The planet. Is not. A character. It is. A setting. Even if it was a character, it's existed for a few days at most. It's a newborn.))

((I'm going to be as blunt as Ross here. I've never been a fan of your character. I've never been a fan of you writing the laws of the universe just to fit in with your one character so you can play your hyper-powered Link fantasy. I've never been a fan of your personal storyline trying to overthrow the storyline of the entire rp. By that I mean, your character is not the single most important thing in the universe. The Guardians were created with one purpose, and are not obligated to help you. Honestly, I think everything you have planned (very little of which you've shared, by the way) is simply tedious. Like I said earlier, I have no problem with your character coming to a resolution, but it'll probably have to be during the timeskip, as everything else in the rp is ready to be wrapped up.))

((By the way, I don't think you're particularly obligated to return to this planet after you leave, either. You won't be "forced to stay behind," you can leave just as easily as you arrived. Also, the rest of your plans for the statis period are a bit optimistic.))
((I'm not trying to be a jerk. I'm not trying offend or insult you. I'm not trying to be a tyrant. I'm just trying to keep everything logical and running smoothly.))

• Agree
Reactions: Hunter

Naoh

Scott Pilgrim
Reaction score
Zwn bowled Takot over and buried her face into his shirt. He felt light headed and dizzy. Oh, so this is what real happiness feels like. Takot felt his ribs slowly breaking. Nope, that's my ribs cracking in half. "Uh, Zwn? You are literally hugging me to death."

(( Toiletprincess xD ))

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Timdood3

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
The girl pulled back quickly, concern causing her brow to furrow. Moments after, her expression relaxes and is instead replaced by a cheeky grin. "But I can't hug you to death, I'm Life," she whispered, giggling and grinning wider.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Though he knows that they really should be creating humans right now, Ross can't help but give them a moment to simply enjoy each other. After everything that's happened, they deserve it. Certainly he'd be enjoying it with Pyro if he was still around....Ross sighed. Maybe someday someone else would come along. Caithe seemed to have taken a liking to him, but after creating the jungle she kind of vanished.

Last edited:

Mia

Reaction score
((Sorry I am nearly done with my post but I have to go to school now ;-; I'll post this arvo, also S_swimmer how are you going to make the humans sinful? (idk what word to use there xD) will it be after they are created or whilst they are being created? :3))

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I have no problem with your character coming to a resolution, but it'll probably have to be during the timeskip, as everything else in the rp is ready to be wrapped up.
((You're saying that we should simply assume my character is completed after the guardians head to the future? Well, that could work.))
By the way, I don't think you're particularly obligated to return to this planet after you leave, either. You won't be "forced to stay behind," you can leave just as easily as you arrived.
((I think you misinterpreted the "forced to stay behind" part, as what I meant by that was, no amount of stasis will let Catcocomics postpone his thousand year deadline. He will have to stay behind in his era, rather than skip a couple millennia.
As for obligations, well, even without his natural obligation to do good, the guardians have done a good few things for him, and trying to at least make the future of the planet's human civilization a little better is the one thing he can do to repay them now.
His visits wouldn't be that often; perhaps once a year at most.))

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
((I think you misinterpreted the "forced to stay behind" part, as what I meant by that was, no amount of stasis will let Catcocomics postpone his thousand year deadline. He will have to stay behind in his era, rather than skip a couple millennia.
As for obligations, well, even without his natural obligation to do good, the guardians have done a good few things for him, and trying to at least make the future of the planet's human civilization a little better is the one thing he can do to repay them now.
His visits wouldn't be that often; perhaps once a year at most.))
((Oh yeah that makes sense. And annual is still pretty frequent on the scale of millennia xD ))

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
Watching the two of them, a smile grows on her face. It's a strange feeling, but she's happy for then- while her own had failed, their relationship is just beginning to blossom, and they look nothing short of ecstatic.
Everyone seems to be hanging back, taking the moment to be happy for the pair--even Cairne is silent. Ross's expression, however, reads the same as hers: bittersweet and vaguely sad, lost in thought.
'Perhaps he was with another of the dead...?'
She shakes her head. 'We're getting off track here.'
But she doesn't want to bother them.

((Spent like an hour figuring out if she'd seen Pyro and Ross interacting, no dice
@everyone I guess))