• Indifferent

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Continue the thread as is

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Faliara

Reaction score
Flying overhead, a figure existed above the new world.

A new planet, created just in the right position, on a solar system light years away from ours.

However, there wasn't much at the moment. Having just recently been created, it still needed a lot more to be habitable by any sort of living being.

The Guardian of the Sky sighed, looking up at the vastness she so wished to be blue.

'... I wonder if this world could become more...'

~-~-~-~-~

Repost. Let's see how far this one gets before it dies off. (Possibly by Post 1, since the first thread ended by loss of interest.)

Original Thread: http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/guardians-of-the-elements.10279/

Guardian of Nature: (undecided)
Guardian of Flora: Caith (Kloud_Strife)
Guardian of Fauna: Tora (Mad11gab8)

Guardian of the Sky: Himinn Rauha (Faliara)
Guardian of Flight: Alouette (CaffeinatedKitty)
Guardian of the Clouds: Skri'ik (mariosatr)
Guardian of the Wind: Airis (ansoro2112)

Guardian of Water: Ross (Timdood3)
Guardian of Fire: Topaz (avis night fluffy (fury))
Guardian of the Ground: Liro (Jolteon42)

Guardian of the Aether: (undecided)
Guardian of the Nether: (undecided)

Guardian of Corruption: Cyra (Claire1018)
Guardian of Purification: (undecided)

Guardian of Life: Zwn Mitera (Toiletprincess)
Guardian of Death: (undecided)

Guardian of Light: (undecided)
Guardian of Darkness: Arctos (Jivvi)

Guardian of Magic: Endal (endersteve5)

Guardian of Hope: (undecided)
Guardian of Fear: Takot (Naoh)
Guardian of Sin: Ark Palmer (S_swimmer)

Guardian of Technology: (undecided)
Guardian of Chaos: Cairne (Hunter27a1)

Special Roles

Catcocomics as a frost phoenix, Guardian of ???

Former roles

Trap_Wolf as Hope
Shanebat1 as Death
std1997 as Pyro
CofeeThePotato as Kysa
Ooglie101 as Fauna
Jenben101 as the unnamed Guardian of Nature
Kylieanna as Remilia (can be borrowed if asked)
nitasu987 as the unnamed Guardian of Technology
Fiestaguy as Light

~-~-~-~-~​

How This Works:

This takes place on a solar system away from ours, millions of light years away. A new planet, having been formed in conditions similar to Earth, had just been created. But there isn't much at all. Just ground and dirt. It's our job to change that fact.

Roleplay
In a way, we are roleplaying right now. This is what is going to keep the thread going; how we will mold our planet. If you are unable to roleplay for a time, inform us so we can find out how to deal with the problem.

When you're waking up, you will subconsciously know what you're there for, what's your purpose. There will be multiple sorts of guardians- some were from Earth, some were from other planets, and some were born with the planet. The one thing you have to have is that you know what to do subconsciously. Of course, while we know it subconsciously, consciously is a different matter and it really varies, but some of us will definitely be confused...

Reports
If you participate in this, I expect you to report at least once per month. You are to report about... Just about anything, really. Did you get in a fight with another Guardian? Did you see someone litter in the water? Did an out-of-control fire burn down the forest? Or maybe- maybe you spotted the Guardian of Corruption in frilly pink, crossdressing as he dances around singing 'life is beautiful' wearing horribly smudged-on lipstick? Anything interesting, or maybe something you find important. Or maybe even start up an event with just a few carefully placed words ;)

At the moment, though, none of us even know each other. The reports, therefore, should not start coming in just yet. If you want to save the repercussions of writing out a lengthy report when we meet, though, you can always write journal entries and throw them in my face when we finally decide to share our experiences. :)

Note: This isn't necessary at the moment, due to certain circumstances. There is the possibility that this will not actually be used at all, actually.

Roles
You really just have to ask for the position, and you'll get it. I think you can figure out for yourself how your job works. If you really need enunciation on your position though, just ask and I'll do my best to explain. And you can leave anytime; just ask, and I'll remove your name from the position as soon as possible.

If you want to make a role though- perhaps you want to take a spot but don't want any of the available ones or just want to suggest a role- give a job description. There's a reason why not all of the previous roles are available, and the ones that are up there have reasons of their own, despite the fact that they are not described. If I believe it acceptable, or everyone else believes it acceptable, I'll put it on there.

Character Creation
When creating your character- well, it's the usual. You should know this by now, right? But while creating him/her, you have to decide exactly what they are, so if you're joining this you better press that spoiler:
A spirit is the soul of the deceased after they had died. Spirits will usually take the form of what they used to look like, sometimes modified like looking younger or older, solidified with magic residue. They have the basic workings of a normal human- lungs, heart, brain- all working, however, if they were to drown, or some other form of death, while already dead, would be left in an unresponsive state and would take measures to wake. It is possible to completely destroy a spirit, but we're not going there.

Due to the fact they are working with magic residue, they might be given abilities such as giving life or growing flowers- which makes them candidates to become a Guardian of an Element. Not all spirits have the same abilities- some are given the ability of wingless flight, some are given wings (see modifications to appearance), and some can't fly altogether.

Not all spirits can remember their past life. Some remember everything, some remember only a little bit, and some can't remember altogether.
Tiers (say tie-ers) are beings that had been created along with the planet, or created on it sometime during its existence, both with magical residue. While a newly created soul, due to the means of their creation, are basically the same as spirits, taking out the death part and such. However, they cannot be killed with the means of destroying a spirit, but can die, though much harder to kill than a normal human.

Contrary to popular belief, tiers can leave their planet, and unless the means were extremely bizzare such as a meteor the size of the planet crashing right on top of them and blowing up like TNT, will not disappear if the planet ceases to exist. They are only called tiers due to their means of creation.

Tiers who decide to leave their planet after they wake up, or had their planet destroyed, are often known as reits.
Outdwellers are those who were both still alive and had not come from the planet during its existence. Outdweller guardians' arrivals to a planet could be being sent there, coming there or being sucked in with the planet's existence. They could be anything from alchemists, to angels, to the rare case of astronauts.

Spirits and tiers could also become outdwellers as well. In their case, it would be if they had chosen to wander after they woke up, or their planet was destroyed.

A lot of people have actually made starting descriptions of their characters. This is not actually necessary, but if you're just starting out on roleplaying you might want to make one for future reference. It's hard making a non-overpowered character, and while some people can stick to it sometimes it's just easier that way. I'm hoping that I'll live through this, since I haven't actually made one myself. It kind of feels like a restriction in itself.

In-universe Canon
[UNDER CONSTRUCTION]

What's Happened So Far
To find out exactly what happened so far without flipping through all the pages, refer to Page 85. A post has been made by Claire. No other recaps have been made since then, unless my memory fails me.

CaffeinatedKitty and I have also been working on an 'What's Happened So Far' info gathering. I'm not sure where's Caff's, but here's mine, though as you can see I'm still working on it;
https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3214468/1/Guardians-of-the-Elements

As of the 20th of January, 2015, I have deleted the recap story, and as such the above link is null. Another recap story is in the process in collaboration with CaffeinatedKitty and Fiestaguy.

~-~-~-~-~
Anything else I forgot? Let me know, and feel free to ask if you're confused!

Last edited:

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Why so pessimistic in the poll post? :( no "this will last a while" because people will like it.

Just posting because the last one looked so fun, but well someone like me participating would be "tot's creeps".
As well no guardian of ice and/or sound/music.

Faliara

Reaction score
Why so pessimistic in the poll post?
Originally, there were going to be other choices, but the computer kinda likes to mess with me when it comes to polls because the thread was posted before I could even set the poll to last a week.

Also, you could just ask me to add Music/Ice, but you'd have to add job descriptions. Doesn't have to be completely specific.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Yo, I'd like to apply for the position of Guardian of Life....My avatar should speak for itself :3

Also, I didn't see any Guardians of Stone/Ground/ect.

One more thing, I think this thread would be more suited in the creative corner, but that's just me :p

Last edited:

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Guardian of Magic reporting in.

The Guardian of Magic, a force of nature, not good or evil, but neutral and devoted to his own element. He is often seen roaming the lands as a young man with pink or purple eyes, dressed as an alchemist. He watches over the magic in the world, the magic that manifests itself in enchantments, potions and Endermen, the creatures born of magic. Some believe that the End is the home realm of this Guardian, but this has been proven false many centuries ago, when the first adventurers set their foot in the barren realms, where Endermen originate from. Those testificates that have taken upon themselves to follow the path of magic have started to call themselves Witches, both good and evil, but the Guardian of Magic does not support good or evil, only those who remain neutral towards all.

He is closely connected to Life and strongly opposes machinery and redstone, even though he is known to be somewhat knowledgeable in both. He is also very rewarding of knowledge in any subject, which manifests itself in the enchanted books and the need to surround an enchanting table with bookcases.

Last edited:

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
The dark is nice. The dark is cool. It's peaceful here, and you're welcome to stay. I am the Guardian of the Darkness. Not nasty evil darkness, but safe, comforting darkness. No harm can come while there's no harm to be seen. Bring disruptive Light to me, however, and I will show you the true abysmal force that is the Darkness. There is no good nor evil, only dissonance and calm. Beware, because I will protect the calm of it means silencing you eternally.

Faliara

Reaction score
Guardian of Magic reporting in.

The Guardian of Magic, a force of nature, not good or evil, but neutral and devoted to his own element. He is often seen to roam the lands as a young man with pink or purple eyes, dressed as an alchemist. He watches over the magic in the world, the magic that manifests itself in enchantments, potions and Endermen, the creatures born of magic. Some believe that the End is the home realm of this Guardian, but this has been proven false many centuries ago, when the first adventurers set their foot in the barren realms, where Endermen originate from. Those testificates that have taken upon themselves to follow the path of magic have started to call themselves Witches, both good and evil, but the Guardian of Magic does not support good or evil, only those who remain neutral towards all.

He is closely connected to Life and strongly opposes machinery and redstone, even though he is known to be somewhat knowledgeable in both. He is also very rewarding of knowledge in any subject, which manifests itself in the enchanted books and the need to surround an enchanting table with bookcases.
Role suggestion accepted. Apparently our new oversized lump of ground is going into the fantasy genre. (It was probably inevitable when I replaced 'heaven' and 'hell' with Aether and Nether though...)

The dark is nice. The dark is cool. It's peaceful here, and you're welcome to stay. I am the Guardian of the Darkness. Not nasty evil darkness, but safe, comforting darkness. No harm can come while there's no harm to be seen. Bring disruptive Light to me, however, and I will show you the true abysmal force that is the Darkness. There is no good nor evil, only dissonance and calm. Beware, because I will protect the calm of it means silencing you eternally.
silencing you eternally
silencing you eternally
silencing you eternally
... Ahahahahaha *laughs nervously* Accepted.

Remember to report monthly, and feel free to roleplay a bit, you two!

@Toiletprincess and @Timdood3, it appears that you both wish to have the same position. Tim had asked first, but Toilet did have this role last time... Hm...

*Timdood had asked before Toilet.
*Toilet had taken up this role in the last thread.

I'll have you two discuss this. I might just end up getting others to vote on who should take the position if it takes too long.

Give me a description on the ground guardian role, Tim. (I'm already guessing.)

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Role suggestion accepted. Apparently our new oversized lump of ground is going into the fantasy genre. (It was probably inevitable when I replaced 'heaven' and 'hell' with Aether and Nether though...)
Well, I was really going off Minecraft here. If you think that I should, I can also take any other kind of "magic" found in fiction, although it might get a little too complicated and vast for me.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Special role request: Catcocomics the Frost Phoenix

Throughout the vast cosmos, legends speak of a race born from the natural destruction of stars; They are most commonly reffered to as Phoenixes, despite human appearance. Catcocomics is of this magical race of both arcane and elemental powers. As a frost phoenix, one of the eight primary elemental paths of magic, Catcocomics has a large variety of Ice-based abilities, as well as simple traits of his species.

The phoenixes mentioned above have the default features: all appear to be human... for some reason, this race can survive without any form of atmosphere (they don't need to breathe), though they still retain lungs, they all have ethereal wings that reflect their personality to some extent (Their wings also allow them to cross half of this galaxy within an hour, despite not even having material substance), they may not be slain (this is actually a major draw back because most of this species are for some reason, very easy to knock out by mundane weaponry, all though they have learned to create a variety of shields), each member of this species has an exact life span of 1000 earth years.

Catcoccomics wanders the vast galaxy in search of knowledge, meeting unknown civilizations, and adventuring for efforts of good nature. At age 157, Catcocomics will occasionally return to this planet, for reasons even he doesn't know. Like any good character, Catcocomics has his share of secrets (most of which he doesn't even know, at this point).

Faliara

Reaction score
Special role request: Catcocomics the Frost Phoenix

Throughout the vast cosmos, legends speak of a race born from the natural destruction of stars; They are most commonly reffered to as Phoenixes, despite human appearance. Catcocomics is of this magical race of both arcane and elemental powers. As a frost phoenix, one of the eight primary elemental paths of magic, Catcocomics has a large variety of Ice-based abilities, as well as simple traits of his species.

The phoenixes mentioned above have the default features: all appear to be human... for some reason, this race can survive without any form of atmosphere (they don't need to breathe), though they still retain lungs, they all have ethereal wings that reflect their personality to some extent (Their wings also allow them to cross half of this galaxy within an hour, despite not even having material substance), they may not be slain (this is actually a major draw back because most of this species are for some reason, very easy to knock out by mundane weaponry, all though they have learned to create a variety of shields), each member of this species has an exact life span of 1000 earth years.

Catcoccomics wanders the vast galaxy in search of knowledge, meeting unknown civilizations, and adventuring for efforts of good nature. At age 157, Catcocomics will occasionally return to this planet, for reasons even he doesn't know. Like any good character, Catcocomics has his share of secrets (most of which he doesn't even know, at this point).
... I'll consider it.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Just a thing to consider, this is "Guardians of the Elements" not "Make your own cool OC". I think that if you make your own character (Guardian), then it shouldn't be too special (read: overpowered) and it should more or less be similar to the existing ones. The thing that considerably contributed to the previous thread going dead, in my opinion, was that everybody went ahead and made some Guardian that was cool to them, but maybe didn't really fit in with the rest. In addition, lots of the original roles that Fali came up with, were left unoccupied, but would've been a very welcome addition.

Yes, I do realize that I too made my own Guardian here, but I feel like it fits in with the overall theme well and would play well with the rest.

An alternative solution would be Fali (or anyone else, for that matter) taking multiple Guardians: one of their own and then some from the "base pool", to make sure that the originals don't go unused in favour of made up characters.

Sorry if that comes off somewhat rude here, that's not my intention, but I felt like I had to say it before it became a problem.

• Winner
Reactions: Hunter

Faliara

Reaction score
Just a thing to consider, this is "Guardians of the Elements" not "Make your own cool OC". I think that if you make your own character (Guardian), then it shouldn't be too special (read: overpowered) and it should more or less be similar to the existing ones. The thing that considerably contributed to the previous thread going dead, in my opinion, was that everybody went ahead and made some Guardian that was cool to them, but maybe didn't really fit in with the rest. In addition, lots of the original roles that Fali came up with, were left unoccupied, but would've been a very welcome addition.

Yes, I do realize that I too made my own Guardian here, but I feel like it fits in with the overall theme well and would play well with the rest.

An alternative solution would be Fali (or anyone else, for that matter) taking multiple Guardians: one of their own and then some from the "base pool", to make sure that the originals don't go unused in favour of made up characters.

Sorry if that comes off somewhat rude here, that's not my intention, but I felt like I had to say it before it became a problem.
Maybe he could take up 'Guardian of Ice' or something, let's see if that works.

@Catcocomics

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Maybe he could take up 'Guardian of Ice' or something, let's see if that works.

@Catcocomics
Don't get me wrong, not everybody needs to be a Guardian in my opinion, I'd just like to prevent the situation that happened in the previous thread where everybody was kind of just doing their own thing and it was a bit boring and in the end the thread died because of it.

Faliara

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, not everybody needs to be a Guardian in my opinion, I'd just like to prevent the situation that happened in the previous thread where everybody was kind of just doing their own thing and it was a bit boring and in the end the thread died because of it.
That's okay, I was just suggesting it :)

If, in the end, Catco's requested special role is approved, I'll have to do some tweaking for things like this.

• Winner
Reactions: Trap_Wolf

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
((idk what this is tbh but I've really been waiting for a good wholesome roleplay on Blocktopia so I guess I'll try))

[BCOLOR=#c0c0c0][BCOLOR=#ffffff] The Guardian of Hope[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

Guardian of Hope is constantly misconstrued with being a Guardian whose moral compass leans towards righteous people. The desire for Hope is common within all beings. The Guardian of Hope represents the will and desire to succeed. Succeed whether in battle, surviving, or gaining power. This Guardian can be seen in the form of a young boy who wearing humble, tattered clothes or a man dawning the robes of regality. He acknowledges hope lies within all of humanity but can been seen favoring some over others. Stories run that he has turned the tides of war and ended Mindcraftian regimes simply by being a presence. Those who know better know that Hope never takes sides and note that he is a physical phenomenon that can be controlled or spontaneous.

The powers of the Hope Guardian are as vague as the title. Very few stories match up to the abilities that Hope possesses and they range from being able to move entire buildings to only whistle a soft tune. One account that is often referenced is a mountain monk's scroll and his travels with the Guardian of Hope.

"The Guardian of Hope never misuses his power, rather than he gives his power for others to use. The constituents of Hope either use Hope for selfless or self needs. He holds the tool to change a course of action or give capability for actions to occur. In constant fashion, Hope is something that is individual from person to person. I've seen Hope mean for an emperor to give a speech that will rally his forces. I've seen Hope mean for a beggar to receive food and water. No matter what contingency, the Guardian of Hope will know what form your Hope takes and will either allow you to use it for you or against you. All creatures look for Hope."

((Ok powers vague yes lemme explain. As within gameplay: say a character hopes to stab another character in order to kill them? As a Guardian of Hope character I could give that person the ability to confidently, 100% strike the other character successfully or I could cause that person to fail as in their sword breaks. But the role, as I see it, wouldn't be able to do things like 'cause all characters to hate another character' or 'cause an avalanche.' True to my testimony, I could only affect things in which character's rely on that give them "hope." Still vague but in no way could I, and I hope none of you would, let me abuse.))

((Oh and we don't need to be Guardians? I'd be fine with being a not-Guardian if Guardian of Hope doesn't sound too nice. :b))

Last edited:
  • Creative
Reactions: Ansoro2112

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
((I would suggest that we create some form of a main PLOT or CONFLICT that would affect all the characters no matter who they are. This could be done in the form of a war, impending environment disaster [[or after the disaster]], or a plague. A MAIN PLOT is CRITICAL to the survival of a Roleplay that holds multiple people.))

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
((I would suggest that we create some form of a main PLOT or CONFLICT that would affect all the characters no matter who they are. This could be done in the form of a war, impending environment disaster [[or after the disaster]], or a plague. A MAIN PLOT is CRITICAL to the survival of a Roleplay that holds multiple people.))
((I totally agree, but the thing I'm thinking right now is if this actually is a roleplay thread in the way you seem to think it is. Gonna need Fali to confirm this, because the last thread wasn't full roleplay imo))

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
But...But....But...But...But.....My avatar is the embodiment of life (from the game Elements) :c

However, I don't really think it's fair to just come along and snatch it up when she had it before. In that case I'll either be death or water....probably water....yeah, water....

And Ender, I like the idea of a full on roleplay here; it will give me (and everyone) a stronger basis to go off of in the form of of, you know, a setting and plot x3

EDIT: K, my avatar is no longer Life, but Water :3

Last edited:

Faliara

Reaction score
((I totally agree, but the thing I'm thinking right now is if this actually is a roleplay thread in the way you seem to think it is. Gonna need Fali to confirm this, because the last thread wasn't full roleplay imo))
... At this point in time, I'm not even sure anymore...

But...But....But...But...But.....My avatar is the embodiment of life (from the game Elements) :c

However, I don't really think it's fair to just come along and snatch it up when she had it before. In that case I'll either be death or water....probably water....yeah, water....

And Ender, I like the idea of a full on roleplay here; it will give me (and everyone) a stronger basis to go off of in the form of of, you know, a setting and plot x3
You don't have to back off straight away but... If that's what you request...

I still expect those reports coming in, but knowing the fact that we haven't actually even met each other yet- yeah, I'm not just editing the role list after this. Thee starting paragraph actually made this impossible to go without roleplay, and while it kind of disturbs me that I didn't notice until the roles kicked in, this actually makes it more fun, in my opinion.

---

And screw this, I'm tired of imagining our make-believe planet as a giant ball of mud.

---

The figure flew, clutching her hood to keep it from flying off of her head.

Nothing.

She still found nothing.

She lowered, falling to her knees the second her feet touched the ground.

Nothing.

Grabbing at the soil, she watched as it fell through the creaks of her fingers.

Absolutely nothing.

Looking up, chocolate brown eyes dulled.

The sky still wasn't blue.