EscapeRemastered Mafia: Economy of Madness [Day 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Based on TWG's role, my claim, how I've been playing this game and my consistent actions - I am basically proven, and even if you want to put on your conspiracy tinfoil hats, I'm at the very least the most likely town claim.
You're not 'basically proven' and saying you are doesn't make it so.

Mooglie See, the system works!

unvote
vote notty

Besides even if I were mafia you could find it out at the same time you'd find Hk or Skele out, following my plan.

Having you donate just prioritises the far less believable claim.
Look at that, Aqua not providing a singular reason as to why he shouldn't donate.

Or responding to the fact his plan isn't even good and if I donated and someone claimed 5 coins were given it's still a 33% chance if it's me, Oog or whomever of Skele/Inf is claiming this. Perfect for forcing mislynches my my what a great plan you have Aqua

• Optimistic
Reactions: Aqua

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
You're not 'basically proven' and saying you are doesn't make it so.
Care to point out clearly in a single post giving counter arguments that you believe are realistic to:

Me knowing about the day 0 3 coin thing, support by your own claim - despite the fact that from TWG's role dm it's made fairly clear mafia don't start with money?

And if you do provide an excuse for the former, why I then wouldn't have spent my 3 coins on an item at the black market last night?

The fact that my behaviour, actions and hints have all alluded to this role from before the role claim and have stayed consistent since?

Other than "my plan XDDD" care to share some behaviour I've had this game WITH CONTEXT that you deem antitown?

Look at that, Aqua not providing a singular reason as to why he shouldn't donate.
I've explained it before - Other than obviously muddying the water (with more people just provides more excuses and confusion, adding an extra person just makes it harder to nail mafia.) I am the only person free to make bids on the other items.

Currently I'm bidding on the green tonic on the assumption that if it kills me we'll know stranger is scum, but if people think I should bid on the safe instead please make a case - I'm not too fussed eitherway.

Or responding to the fact his plan isn't even good and if I donated and someone claimed 5 coins were given it's still a 33% chance if it's me, Oog or whomever of Skele/Inf is claiming this. Perfect for forcing mislynches my my what a great plan you have Aqua
Yeah it's almost as if I made the plan before I found out oog was retarded my bad.

But the plan still works, ofc some intuition is needed, but that still breaks it down to a pool of 3 instead of 7.

If sessy flips mafia then that's basically gg wp. I've already acknowledged due to oog the issue that arises if Skele and one of you two are scum but even if we lynched at random the odds would be in our favour of hitting mafia. (which obviously we won't be since we have heaps of evidence and reasoning to go off of.)

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
And if you do provide an excuse for the former, why I then wouldn't have spent my 3 coins on an item at the black market last night?
And to add to this I will not accept - because everything on the black market is too expensive, like oog said because then it makes no sense why I was given 3 coins day 0 if I couldn't do anything with them. (plus I doubt things are that expensive anyway as most townies have low incomes and mafia have to both try to out bid townies and also purchase from the black market).

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Alternatively we can just do the plan without notty and if our test is inconclusive just lynch her before Skele. Honestly might give better odds that way as we then know it's not a 50;50 between her and oog if we do get the results back.

...Yea I think this works out Mooglie, Infected_alien8_ Stranger from Myst Island wdyt?

Just let Notty be stubborn and lynch her immediately if inf/skele get 0 coins?

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
If sessy flips mafia then that's basically gg wp. I've already acknowledged due to oog the issue that arises if Skele and one of you two are scum but even if we lynched at random the odds would be in our favour of hitting mafia. (which obviously we won't be since we have heaps of evidence and reasoning to go off of.)
To elaborate on this since I think I worded it horribly, if Sessy flips scum and skele says it's in the notty, oog pool

Notty is right it's a 1/3 now oogs in the picture, but with a sessy lynch flipping scum we have 3 mislynches before we lose.

So eitherway unless there's some unforeseen 3rd party or weird unknown mechanic bullshit that fucks with the plan, we'll win regardless.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Day 1 Votecount 2: Show of Hands, Who is Enjoying the Game?
Vote Target(Current/Needed)Voted By
Aqua1/5Mooglie
HKCaper0/5
Infected0/5
Mooglie0/5
Notty1/5Aqua
Sessy1/5Infected
Skele1/5Stranger
Stranger0/5
UNU0/5
No-Elimination0/5
Not Voting5/9HKCaperUnuNottySessy Skele
Deceased2/11TWGAlisha
Deadline in 38 hours. The player with the most votes at the deadline will be Eliminated.

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
lets all sing Kumbaya with sessy as we lynch lynch aqua for the fun of it
not a bad idea.

Besides, if you are a townie you probably won't survive for long if mafia are smart.
?

The point is, you were concerned about who we should donate to so I suggested me, as I am the most likely to be town. Besides, if I am nightkilled for it, my role isn't too important anyway. I'm pretty disposable this game.
Likewise, with no disrespect intended at all, my role is somewhat disposable in the sense that I can only use it to make money for the bids but with it being outed, mafia will deliberately try to avoid me singing with them.

ON THE OTHER HAND, it could be a useful tactic. If I ask any suspicious person to sing with me (excluding myself because that would be a solo, I know I'm sus shhh) then they won't want to sing a karaoke duet because that'll give town extra money. Mafia could play it smart though and just sing with me, rack up coins, and then kill me for the profit. I've just given mafia a strategy there :)

it wasnt, im just pointing out this strategy you have, which usually makes people annoyed or angry at some point during a game, doesnt even seem to be very useful, so it might be better for everyone for you to switch strategies

but who knows maybe it would be less interesting if you did that, maybe im being unreasonable i dunno
I have to agree; the strategy is enjoyable as long as you aren't the one at the receiving end of it. Brilliant strategy though, I must admit.

I am really sorry for the inactivity, I understand it completely ruins games when you have inactive players. To be absolutely 100% honest I've just forgotten about this thread in general, plus life has been pretty busy recently. I will try to keep checking this thread as much as I can.

• ❤
Reactions: Aqua

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
not a bad idea.

?

Likewise, with no disrespect intended at all, my role is somewhat disposable in the sense that I can only use it to make money for the bids but with it being outed, mafia will deliberately try to avoid me singing with them.

ON THE OTHER HAND, it could be a useful tactic. If I ask any suspicious person to sing with me (excluding myself because that would be a solo, I know I'm sus shhh) then they won't want to sing a karaoke duet because that'll give town extra money. Mafia could play it smart though and just sing with me, rack up coins, and then kill me for the profit. I've just given mafia a strategy there :)

I have to agree; the strategy is enjoyable as long as you aren't the one at the receiving end of it. Brilliant strategy though, I must admit.

I am really sorry for the inactivity, I understand it completely ruins games when you have inactive players. To be absolutely 100% honest I've just forgotten about this thread in general, plus life has been pretty busy recently. I will try to keep checking this thread as much as I can.
sessybessy How much money do you have today, may I ask?

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I read it but didn't fully understand, maths and statistics definitely aren't my strongest areas.
basically if you donate 5 coins and inf/skele report they got 5 or 2 coins respectively we'll know either you or oog are scum, narrowing the pool down to 3 (assuming skele/inf are telling the truth)

If we mislynch tonight we do encounter the issue that we can't just systematically lynch them one by one til we hit the right one and that there's also another scum on the loose. But I think the general consensus is either you or notty are scum (or possibly both) so hopefully we'll lynch the right one tonight.

• Thank You
Reactions: sessybessy

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Care to point out clearly in a single post giving counter arguments that you believe are realistic to:
Sure, and this post you made is good since unlike the rest of today its nice to see a bunch of arguments/questions not drowned out by nonsense arguments/discussions.

Me knowing about the day 0 3 coin thing, support by your own claim - despite the fact that from TWG's role dm it's made fairly clear mafia don't start with money?
Weak's death doesn't indicate mafia start with 0 money, only that Weak starts with 0 money. You just assume it because you think theres 3 Mafioso's. With the thought that Mafia can start with money, starting with 3 isn't a stretch.

Maybe 3 isn't enough and you need 15 for poison or something. I've no idea what is in the Black Market so I can't say.

The fact that my behaviour, actions and hints have all alluded to this role from before the role claim and have stayed consistent since?

Other than "my plan XDDD" care to share some behaviour I've had this game WITH CONTEXT that you deem antitown?
I mean you're essentially a form of a CC to my role. I'm judging my suspicion mostly on process of elimination/role archetypes where I deem your role a decent candidate to be Mafia. Your behaviour hinting that you have this role is mostly irrelevant considering I can see your role being Mafia.

I've explained it before - Other than obviously muddying the water (with more people just provides more excuses and confusion, adding an extra person just makes it harder to nail mafia.) I am the only person free to make bids on the other items.
I mean if you were the person who donates I could be the only person to make free bids on the other items :).

I'm still doing maths but the post might be too long and so I'm posting these answers first so that my next post will solely be math.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Weak's death doesn't indicate mafia start with 0 money, only that Weak starts with 0 money. You just assume it because you think theres 3 Mafioso's. With the thought that Mafia can start with money, starting with 3 isn't a stretch.
You don't start with any coins, you must kill players with coins to take them.
It's hard to believe that the only way for Weak to make money is by killing players and stealing their coins but the other mafia(s) can - when the mafia kill isn't tied to a specific role makes very literal contextual sense.

It seems nonsensical that Tim would elaborate that Weak specifically has to kill players with coins to gain them if he was unique to that.

You just assume it because you think theres 3 Mafioso's
Completely irrelevant, mafia could easily have a block and still only be able to gain money through nightkills.

Maybe 3 isn't enough and you need 15 for poison or something. I've no idea what is in the Black Market so I can't say.
And to add to this I will not accept - because everything on the black market is too expensive, like oog said because then it makes no sense why I was given 3 coins day 0 if I couldn't do anything with them. (plus I doubt things are that expensive anyway as most townies have low incomes and mafia have to both try to out bid townies and also purchase from the black market).
Pepega Clap

I mean you're essentially a form of a CC to my role. I'm judging my suspicion mostly on process of elimination/role archetypes where I deem your role a decent candidate to be Mafia. Your behaviour hinting that you have this role is mostly irrelevant considering I can see your role being Mafia.
You keep alluding to the fact mafia can/must have another way of making money but you never explain your thought process as to why. Just because something can be the case doesn't mean you can just ignore all other context and assume it is the case.

I mean if you were the person who donates I could be the only person to make free bids on the other items :).
Well even if, EVEN IF my reasoning's are only slightly townie or even not slightly mafia.

There is no world with all the information and context we have where you are less scummy than me.

You have absolutely nothing to support your claim other than the fact that you acknowledged black markets exist - which as far as we know, only mafia would know about.

You've actively lied and feigned ignorance about my claim.

Right now you're actively sowing dissent into town by refusing to cooperate on the assumption I must be scum, even tho this could PROVE YOU if you were innocent.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Just realised how bad my grammar is here my bad:

And to add to this I will not accept 'because everything on the black market is too expensive', like oog said, because then it would make no sense why I was given 3 coins day 0 if I couldn't do anything with them. (plus I doubt things are that expensive anyway as most townies have low incomes and mafia have to both try to out bid townies and also purchase from the black market).

Status
Not open for further replies.