EscapeRemastered Mafia: Economy of Madness [Day 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Actually I guess you only specified a few pages back so I guess we can give him the benefit of the doubt by not clarifying however many days ago he claimed.

but

really doesn't sit well for me. Nobody who's telling the truth about their role and actually cares about the game doesn't have any slight interest in this - especially for how drastically this effects the game.

Chill or not he either doesn't give a shit about the game or is lying.

And neither is a good look, especially when ur under suspicion.
i dont think skele realized at that point how important that info was though so it didnt bother me that he didnt think to ask for clarification

im not sure even now he understands why its important info

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
i dont think skele realized at that point how important that info was though so it didnt bother me that he didnt think to ask for clarification

im not sure even now he understands why its important info
I gotta be honest man, if he is town ur really not showcasing his critical thinking skills well

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
you were literally responding to the point I made about notty rather than the main focus of TWG's role.

And just because things are possible doesn't make them reasonably likely.

I don't do conspiracy theories boyo
as for the first point im not sure what either of us were saying so maybe i was talking about notty idk

but i disagree that its unlikely for mafia to choose to outbid town on useful town items, or that the black market has high set prices since it wont work as an auction if only mafia have access to it
if we didnt massclaim then we'd probably think we had some kind of protection from coin thieves, and that the mafia probably thought so too, meaning donating to a person we trusted to make sure we got a PI Contract or whatever would be something we'd want to do thinking itd be safe, which oog could use to redirect everyones money to a scum member as another way maf can get coins or maybe they truly do get 1 coin per donation and thats another income for maf as well
hey i disagree with this, maybe since i dont understand what youre trying to say in the bolded part
since you say i pick a person that everyone collectively trusts so they can get enough money to buy a useful item, but then youre saying it magically gets redirected to scum somehow?
are you suggesting that as mafia i have a secondary part of my action where the donations can actually go to anyone i choose despite what the start of day post says since that sounds slightly trash to me since tim literally says its for the selected person in the day post + i would be proven as a fake role after 1 day which isnt a very good plan (unless i can choose not to redirect it i guess and then save it for like a final day but im not sure the timeline in which that would work either since id have outed myself)
also ya i get 1 coin per donation why would i lie about that even if i am mafia since i can literally prove that by donating all my money! admittedly i didnt think exceeded donations would donate max money until earlier (i mean you should probably think that i did know that all along if i was scum)

i think my role can be useful for scum in the way you said by just selecting a scum person and making a reasonable argument as to why i chose them but in the end its still down to literally every other player as to whether they donate or not + its a provable claim (by the flavour and whole donation mechanic) so im safe from being called out for a fakeclaim as mafia (since whether i am town (i am!!) or mafia id still have claimed my role the way it is (just minus the mafia parts that were in twgs role i guess))

Good Skele

Reaction score
I'd say that's oogs strongest point for being scum. However based on their role, they don't have anywhere near as good a source of income as all the other money generating roles so that could be why. It isn't expected that oog gets money, and if he does, that's just a bonus.

Skele's claim is believable if it were stealing coins - a pseudo doctor role to punish mafia for being predictable.

That being said their name and the way they've been acting since their claim are massive red flags. I know I shouldn't bring in their behaviour and activity into account as last game they were innocent and were lynched mainly for that, but the fact they're so apprehensive or at the very least nonchalant when it comes to answering question, providing answers and helping town - especially when they're under scrutiny shouldn't be ignored.

If Skele is town they need to stop doing this.
Can't say I totally understand what you're talking about in here.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
you said it was a conspiracy theory?
That was relating to the former part of your post. There's no evidence or reason to assume these things but there is large amounts of evidence and reason both from how I've acted and the given mechanics of the game to suggest I'm town.

Sure there is still a possibility I am lying but to disagree that I am the most proven townie, just because one mafia member could start with 3 coins, but couldn't afford/didn't buy the black market item, who's teammates role specified their only way of getting money was nightkills and thus started with 0. Doesn't make it realistic.

If someone was proven by a cop to be townie with evidence from the consistency of their action/conversation in the thread linking to their claimed pr role, your response wouldn't be "ok but the cop report could be fake and your role could be a mafia role". It would probably be "ok, you're probably town".

The fact that you don't treat my case with the same reasoning means you're either arguing in incredibly bad faith (which I don't think you are), or you're just not reading/understanding what I'm saying.

The point is, you were concerned about who we should donate to so I suggested me, as I am the most likely to be town. Besides, if I am nightkilled for it, my role isn't too important anyway. I'm pretty disposable this game.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com

Last one, since I've been answering all the questions I could and trying my best to stay active.
I mean despite being asked days ago you didn't acknowledge clarifying how your role works until yesterday and have only just clarified the stealing thing even after having multiple opportunities to do so.

Whether intentional or not ur casting suspicion onto yourself that isn't needed. So if you're a mafia get better at coming up with quick excuses and lies and if you're town, read the room and be prompt and clear when questioned. Otherwise you'll end up getting lynched.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Sure there is still a possibility I am lying but to disagree that I am the most proven townie, just because one mafia member could start with 3 coins, but couldn't afford/didn't buy the black market item, who's teammates role specified their only way of getting money was nightkills and thus started with 0. Doesn't make it realistic.
Arguably you could say that I am on a team with notty and both our claims about starting with 3 coins are fake. But again based on our interactions within the game, I don't think that should be anything more than just a footnote.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
That was relating to the former part of your post. There's no evidence or reason to assume these things but there is large amounts of evidence and reason both from how I've acted and the given mechanics of the game to suggest I'm town.

If someone was proven by a cop to be townie with evidence from the consistency of their action/conversation in the thread linking to their claimed pr role, your response wouldn't be "ok but the cop report could be fake and your role could be a mafia role". It would probably be "ok, you're probably town".

The fact that you don't treat my case with the same reasoning means you're either arguing in incredibly bad faith (which I don't think you are), or you're just not reading/understanding what I'm saying.

The point is, you were concerned about who we should donate to so I suggested me, as I am the most likely to be town. Besides, if I am nightkilled for it, my role isn't too important anyway. I'm pretty disposable this game.
the only real way your claim is convincing is that you claimed first with the 3 coin + cant gain coins day 0 thing that notty stole but maybe youre both mafia!!!!!!!!!!

+ i still feel WEIRD about you after your demands to know whether donations or bidding was prioritised when it only served mafia well to know that!!!!! but i can accept youre stubborn and stuck in your incorrect ways :)
i mean i literally said your claim is believable because of the 3 coin thing not in spite of
+ you should be able to tell by the 100 exclamation points that i was joking

+ i dont know what you mean by arguing in 'incredibly bad faith' since i think playing devils advocate is a good thing to do in a mafia game (unless youre defending someone else since thats their job!)

youre taking this awfully too seriously tbh

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
hey i disagree with this, maybe since i dont understand what youre trying to say in the bolded part
i didnt mean exactly 'everyone' would donate, just that youd choose a scum person who looks townie and get people to donate coins to them, so itd require effort on the maf team to do it

Whether intentional or not ur casting suspicion onto yourself that isn't needed. So if you're a mafia get better at coming up with quick excuses and lies and if you're town, read the room and be prompt and clear when questioned. Otherwise you'll end up getting lynched.
can we lynch aqua

Did Tim explicitly say it would be rounded down or did you have to ask/assume?
i think this is pm mechanics to compare yours vs his wording

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
i mean i literally said your claim is believable because of the 3 coin thing not in spite of
+ you should be able to tell by the 100 exclamation points that i was joking

+ i dont know what you mean by arguing in 'incredibly bad faith' since i think playing devils advocate is a good thing to do in a mafia game (unless youre defending someone else since thats their job!)

youre taking this awfully too seriously tbh
Well yea dude I am aware, the point is you still brought up the point. I dispelled it by bringing more context into my argument and you responded by arguing against the less important point as if that somehow made me less likely to be town, followed by a bunch of other "what ifs" or "what abouts"

I called you a conspiracy theorist cus that's what you were doing lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.