EscapeRemastered Mafia: Economy of Madness [Day 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
A good example of this at work would be professional poker. Being provocative and aggressive is a great strategy in order to provoke people into giving in to breaking their "pokerface"

Which is where the expression comes from.
i mean, i dont recall seeing this strategy ever work out in your favour but /shrug

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
i mean, i dont recall seeing this strategy ever work out in your favour but /shrug
See this is it, trying to engage in peoples insecurities to make them break their facade.

the indirect insult is a classic but I prefer going straight head on and butting heads. Regardless of whether people are turned off by this and try to squirm out of it or whether people rise to the challenge and engage with me, I'll get my reads either way xo

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
See this is it, trying to engage in peoples insecurities to make them break their facade.

the indirect insult is a classic but I prefer going straight head on and butting heads. Regardless of whether people are turned off by this and try to squirm out of it or whether people rise to the challenge and engage with me, I'll get my reads either way xo
that was me pointing out that i dont think your strategy works, not trying to get you to 'break a facade'

my memories of you in mafia are mostly pushing on townies, not scum people

like last game you spent days 0, 1 and 2 pushing aggressively on town, ignoring all the maf until the massclaim happened and even then choosing to lynch vatu, a townie, instead of anyone else

the game before you spent the whole time aggressively argueing with me, a townie

and the start of this game is the same

i dont remember much before this so maybe im wrong and you just had some unlucky games but from what ive seen this aggressive strategy just ends up with you mislynching rather than lynching successfully so if i were you id question whether its truly giving you 'good reads' on people

• Winner
Reactions: Aqua

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
that was me pointing out that i dont think your strategy works, not trying to get you to 'break a facade'
I know that was a meme you dip, it was still an indirect insult with the intention of trying to attack my insecurities - which was a reasonable attempt tbh because I am explaining myself once again on this issue - altho that's more because I don't want people to actually take the shit Aqua says in the mafia thread to heart, or think that OOC Aqua believes it.

Also game before last my logic was right I was just out of practice with mafia I guess, tunnelled on you WAYYYYY too hard, forgot that the two roles not existing together also meant Tim could have been scum too. I have no excuse for that.

Last game tho I thought I played pretty well, nothing I said and did was illogical I even made a good meme about it. Arguably played considerably better than this game. Just got unlucky.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I know that was a meme you dip, it was still an indirect insult with the intention of trying to attack my insecurities - which was a reasonable attempt tbh because I am explaining myself once again on this issue - altho that's more because I don't want people to actually take the shit Aqua says in the mafia thread to heart, or think that OOC Aqua believes it.

Also game before last my logic was right I was just out of practice with mafia I guess, tunnelled on you WAYYYYY too hard, forgot that the two roles not existing together also meant Tim could have been scum too. I have no excuse for that.

Last game tho I thought I played pretty well, nothing I said and did was illogical I even made a good meme about it. Arguably played considerably better than this game. Just got unlucky.
anyway if you wanna have this convo let's do it in dms since this is further derailing the thread which we both agreed to stop doing like 5 posts ago.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
it was still an indirect insult with the intention of trying to attack my insecurities
it wasnt, im just pointing out this strategy you have, which usually makes people annoyed or angry at some point during a game, doesnt even seem to be very useful, so it might be better for everyone for you to switch strategies

but who knows maybe it would be less interesting if you did that, maybe im being unreasonable i dunno

• Agree
Reactions: sessybessy

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
it wasnt, im just pointing out this strategy you have, which usually makes people annoyed or angry at some point during a game, doesnt even seem to be very useful, so it might be better for everyone for you to switch strategies

but who knows maybe it would be less interesting if you did that, maybe im being unreasonable i dunno
Own ur slam dunks dog, don't be coy about being a dick xo

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Own ur slam dunks dog, don't be coy about being a dick xo
i wasnt being a dick, my intention wasnt to hurt you or something, it was to get you to maybe consider switching strategies to something more enjoyable since it doesnt seem to be working anyway

but as i said maybe im being unreasonable or maybe maf games wouldnt be as interesting that way i have 0 idea

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
to something more enjoyable
(i guess this could offend you and if it does i apologise, but it seems you know its not enjoyable for others anyway to be talked to so aggressively like that already cuz you said you enjoy being an asshole to people, so i dont feel like im saying anything you dont already know!)

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
(i guess this could offend you and if it does i apologise, but it seems you know its not enjoyable for others anyway to be talked to so aggressively like that already cuz you said you enjoy being an asshole to people, so i dont feel like im saying anything you dont already know!)
I'll respond to this in the thread since I have said it before and I'll say it again.

If I do genuinely upset you within the context (or outside of - but I hope I don't :c) of mafia by how I act or what I say.

Please let me know and I'll turn it down. This is a game and I am playing a character. Everyone should be entitled to enjoy the game and if me acting like this is impeding on the game so much that you don't enjoy being in it, then you have all right to tell me to stfu and I will.

thank u for coming to my TEDtalk

• ❤
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
sessy but please can we pick atleast 1 person who we don't trust to donate, please.
if you can find someone untrustworthy willing to do that!
i dont care who does it
it might be worth doing hk since he apparently gets 5 coins a night if im understanding that right so if he is town hed suffer less than notty/skele if theyre town (since skele no longer has an obvious choice to pick from to get coins + notty can get a max of 3 coins today and ?? tonight but i guess that isnt too bad)
i guess notty or hk are the best then

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
i dont care who does it
it might be worth doing hk since he apparently gets 5 coins a night if im understanding that right so if he is town hed suffer less than notty/skele if theyre town (since skele no longer has an obvious choice to pick from to get coins + notty can get a max of 3 coins today and ?? tonight but i guess that isnt too bad)
I mean if whoever we decide refuses, they die. It's pretty simple lol

• Optimistic
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
i dont care who does it
also alisha has a message for you

Status
Not open for further replies.