Capital Plans- Brought to you by French Toast

Numberplay

Reaction score
I want to ask about the tree in the middle of the capital :
Who is Mesmerides? Never heard about him in the week I've been in this server. Is he working on this tree? Coz I've seen no progress.

Since I don't have any fort to build anymore (see the "Shallowvine Fort" thread), I really want to build something else. And i see this part of the capital stoped there and really wish I could be working on it. I know the walls are still a debate in the family but at this point, the middle should be something decided since long. At least, show real progress since we've wasted our no-pvp week on debating. [Complaining stops here]

I can get my own ressources too if i need some. I'm a crafter, what better class can there be for building? So i won't have to let a sign with ressources i need. Also i got some idea to make this tree awesome. I would need a lot of leaves though since its top will be quite large. I would also need to redo the floor level since I don't feel the circular base is natural (I would make roots). This means removing the water and glass there. I can leave the hedge there though, i can make the roots inside this zone. And if I feel like doing a raised platform around the base so that people won't have to walk on the roots, i can make it too.

If someone with enough power tells me to do it, I'll do it I promise.

If said person tells me to give more details on my plan, I'll do it too.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
@Numberplay

Hesperides is the name of the tree. :p

And I was actually planning on making roots under the tree, too; making it look even more awesome.

I probably will be doing a number of things this weekend, but I'd say you can go right ahead with the tree.

The tree in the center will be a giant tree, a major landmark in Gaia. It will be made of Pine (darkwood) logs, almost up to the skylimit, just enough room for the leaves. Then there will be Gold Blocks in the leaves to represent Golden Apples.

But, the major thing with the tree is that it'll be our church, as well as grounds for new players willing to join Gaia to go to.

There needs to be room for some signs (not sure how many), and possibly an indoor spiral staircase along the wall.

I'm not sure how much the other council members have gone over it during my absence, but you may go ahead with the creation of the tree.

If we see any problems along the way, Number, I'll be sure to tell the other council members to let you know. ;)

Numberplay

Reaction score
What do you think about this :
I remove the water under the glass floor under the tree and start digging down. This way, i can make the roots without having to change the current floor and people will still see it.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
What do you think about this :
I remove the water under the glass floor under the tree and start digging down. This way, i can make the roots without having to change the current floor and people will still see it.
The thing is, you don't need to work too hard for whole thing. No one will be legally underground near the roots. :p

Also, be sure to @Duffie or reply to my post if you'd like a reply. It contacts the user. ;)

BurnyBurn

Reaction score
PROGRESS****:

Is it just me or are the walls really off? Like seriously it looks like it was done by 4 different people, all thinking of different measurements. Some of it is way too thin and some is wider than it needs to be. If you worked on creating the part of the wall with the outside and the walkway and everything, PLEASE drop me a pm and a screenie of the area you worked on. Thanks~
That's most likely due to the angle of the screenshot and the different height of certain areas, Dani :l

I should know, I made the outline for the outer walls.

DaniNomsYou

Reaction score
That's most likely due to the angle of the screenshot and the different height of certain areas, Dani :l

I should know, I made the outline for the outer walls.
Burny, I saw it in game and counted -.- You think I didn't check first? It's been fixed/in the process of being fixed now anyways :I

And number no messy messing with the glass and the water in town circle.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
@DaniNomsYou @Numberplay

I didn't say you wanted...

But, the major thing with the tree is that it'll be our church, as well as grounds for new players willing to join Gaia to go to.

There needs to be room for some signs (not sure how many), and possibly an indoor spiral staircase along the wall.
I was saying there possibly needs a spiral staircase.

DaniNomsYou

Reaction score
The current tree progress :

I want to know if you feel there is a need to modify it more before i go higher.
That looks a lot better! Any other little details can always be done in the end (like making it look a little more realistic, texture blah blah blah ETC), I like how it looks right now :3