Anime: Discuss!

Pizzaboi

Reaction score
You see, it's all about dem mainstream animes like Dragon Ball, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece and Fairy Tail. I watched all of them and about to start Hitman Reborn. Ever get that feeling where you finish an anime or if it cancels and you just can't take it and wanna watch more? Yeah... it hurts.

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
You see, it's all about dem mainstream animes like Dragon Ball, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece and Fairy Tail. I watched all of them and about to start Hitman Reborn. Ever get that feeling where you finish an anime or if it cancels and you just can't take it and wanna watch more? Yeah... it hurts.
Some people always want to have another season for certain animes, but those animes they call for to have another season sometimes should not have another season otherwise it won't be as magical as it's predecessors. For example, if "Code Geass" was given a third season, like many people want, it would destroy the ending the second season had and try to just ride on a weak fan based craze and not the amazing story, characters, and plot that originally made it shine.
I am not saying that not all animes do not deserve another season, it is just that many new seasons are being called out just for the nostalgic effect and not to continue the story.

Truthfully, I tried to watch "DragonBall" since i never watched the entire season as a kid, but got bored after episode 48 >.>

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Why can't you make another season as good as the first or second because people want it I don't understand the logic there

I mean sure there are some things better left as they are but at the same time the magic doesn't leave because it's a heavily pushed for idea.

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
Why can't you make another season as good as the first or second because people want it I don't understand the logic there

I mean sure there are some things better left as they are but at the same time the magic doesn't leave because it's a heavily pushed for idea.
Some ideas should remain where they left off, if the creator calls for that as the "ending." Some people want it to continue though there is no place to continue the same story off of where it ended. Maybe some people who want it continued just want to see the characters have a family or expand their relationship in a normal way, just like Clannad's second season offered.
Though, it does come down to not knowing whether or not another extra season would be good unless they try. I just think that another season trying to branch off from the original ended story line might lose some luster.

Vatowski

Reaction score
Just finished Guilty Crown, it was pretty amazing tbh. The ending was a bit depressing and sad but still it was a good anime

Edit: Planning to watch Darker than black anybody have a opinion on this anime?

Edit2: Holyshit just found a anime that I read on a Shonen jump magazine like back in 2005.

It's called: Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Like I always wanted to see more of this anime but it only started airing and didn't feel like waiting for the episodes to come out on manga or in anime. Now today, in the year 2013 it already stopped airing and has 203 episodes released in anime. I don't know if I will have enough time to see it all q.q

Here's a amv of the anime

Apparently the manga is quiet a bit different from the anime

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Just finished Guilty Crown, it was pretty amazing tbh. The ending was a bit depressing and sad but still it was a good anime

Edit: Planning to watch Darker than black anybody have a opinion on this anime?

Edit2: Holyshit just found a anime that I read on a Shonen jump magazine like back in 2005.

It's called: Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Like I always wanted to see more of this anime but it only started airing and didn't feel like waiting for the episodes to come out on manga or in anime. Now today, in the year 2013 it already stopped airing and has 203 episodes released in anime. I don't know if I will have enough time to see it all q.q

Here's a amv of the anime

Apparently the manga is quiet a bit different from the anime
I'd suggest at least checking out DtB. It's a bit slow, but it's excellent once it picks up. (Same with Steins;Gate)

Superchops

Reaction score
I stopped watching Clannad a while back. I just couldn't connect to any of the characters at all. I would even go so far as to say it was the least interesting anime I've ever seen (which isn't saying much, I've only seen maybe a dozen)

On the other hand, I'm really, really enjoying Paranoia Agent right now.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
I stopped watching Clannad a while back. I just couldn't connect to any of the characters at all. I would even go so far as to say it was the least interesting anime I've ever seen (which isn't saying much, I've only seen maybe a dozen)

On the other hand, I'm really, really enjoying Paranoia Agent right now.
I just downloaded that one, but I haven't gotten around to watching it. Looks good.

Superchops

Reaction score
So I finished Paranoia Agent. Final verdict? It's fascinating, but hard to keep up with. If you watch it, don't be surprised if physics are defied for the purpose of the show being good. Also, bear in mind that most of the characters have some form of mental issue, such as schizophrenia, and the series mostly explores that. If you get invested in it, make sure to watch all 13 episodes (it's a short series), because the ending is fantastic.

I'm just trying to decide what to watch next. Part of me wants to start Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad, part of me wants to try Mushi-shi. A friend of mine recommended me Sword Art, so I'm thinking maybe I should give that a try.

Damer_Flinn

Resident Asha'man
Reaction score
WHO HERE WATCHES SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN.

RESPOND AND YOU'LL GET SOMETHING SPECIAL
wooo Attack on Titan. They need to release the episodes faster D:
Read ahead. Though they went on a month break a while ago for some reason.

I'm just trying to decide what to watch next. Part of me wants to start Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad, part of me wants to try Mushi-shi. A friend of mine recommended me Sword Art, so I'm thinking maybe I should give that a try.
Beck is good, but focuses more on drama than action so if you're not too into less actiony anime it's probably not for you. Also the engrish singing kinda hurts at times. :p If you can find the English version the voice acting is pretty good.

Mushi-shi is more episodic, but definitely worth a watch. It has a slower pace than 90% of the anime out there, but in this case that's not really a bad thing.

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
wooo Attack on Titan. They need to release the episodes faster D:
I heard its friggin awesome, I am waiting for this season to end before I start watching it

EDIT: Just finished the monogatari series (bakamonogatari and nisemonogatari) WHY DOES IT HAVE TO END, I wish there was more ;_;
I know the one reason i hated starting Attack on Titan was becuase now i have to wait every week for a new episode D:
You will also be happy to note that Monogatari is getting another season called "Monogatari Series: Second Season" and will be airing August 10th. It was supposed to air on July 7th, but got pushed back to August D:
You should also check out a small 4 episode prequel to "Bakemonogatari" called "Nekomonogatari:Kuro" to tide over your need for more "-Monogatari." :p
Read ahead. Though they went on a month break a while ago for some reason.
You mean the manga/light novel went on a month break not the anime right? Just trying to clear up the confusion >.>
Don't spoil anything for me. I already had enough of the show spoiled for me thank you very much.

Reactions: Vatowski