Anime: Discuss!

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
Even though I watched Full Metal Alchemist, I am gonna watch Full Metal Alchemist: The brotherhood because apparently it follows the manga strictly. I hope its good
The first 13 episodes will seem like a recap in Brotherhood if you watched original FMA. After that point it will take a right turn and follow the manga story line which i found very amazing and kept me glued to the seat. FMAB introduces more comedy to the story which helps make the series more light hearted than diving deep into the despair pit. Though watching FMA before FMAB is recommended since the first 13 episodes of FMAB are fleshed out a little more in FMA.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: Duffie and Vatowski

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
Dragon Ball: Watched all the episodes (loved it)
Dragon Ball Z: Watched all the episodes (loved it even more)
Dragon Ball GT: Watched all the episodes (Not bad, but I loved DBZ more)
Bleach: Watched all the episodes (Hoping for new soon because it's a boss anime and I loved every episode)
Naruto: Watched all the episodes (Not bad, but too many fricking flashbacks and episodes that have nothing to do with the actual storyline)
Naruto Shippuden: Currently at episode 358 (Not bad, but as with Naruto, too many fricking flashbacks)
One Piece: Currently at episode 400 (I absolutely adore One Piece, it can have a lot of action and yet it's not all about fightning, there is comedy and friendship, for this anime I watch like 8-9 episodes each day)
Full Metal Alchemist: Currently on hold, at episode 63 (Not bad at all, love the story line and the protagonists)

RaizzanX

Trash
Controller
Donor
Discord Staff
Reaction score
Anime I used to watch:
Pokemon(thinking of picking it up again)
Fairy Tail(they stop airing here)
Naruto(prefered reading than watching)
Bleach(not sure why I stopped, probably because I prefer reading the manga version)
xxxholic(they stop airing here)

Anime done watching:
The law of ueki
Sakurasou no pet kanajo
Doraemon
Dik Cerdas

Anime currently watching:
Date a live
Boku n-

Anime planning to watch:
The World God Only Knows
Toradora
Clannad
Anohana

Reactions: Summer10

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
One Piece just reached 600 episodes, better get cracking to catch up everyone :p

I am currently watching all of the Different series of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya"
Specifically:
  • "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2006)"
    • Is aired out of chronological order, but many say that watching it shuffled provides more drama. I was the weird one and watched it in chronological order so i don't know whether this is true or not.
    • 14 episodes
  • "The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya"
    • 24 Mini-episodes (<5min/episode)
    • Contains such great comedy that every episode left me laughing
  • "Nyoron Churuya-san"
    • 14 Mini-episodes (<5min/episode)
  • "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2009)"
    • 14 episodes
    • Contains a certain arc that will put you at the limit of your sanity if you watch them all, losing your sense of time when trying to watch them.
      • A small hint as to what this arc entails is the definition of insanity provided by Vaas (Far Cry 3)

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
*cough*
Death Note
Chuunibyu demo Koi ga Shitai
Sword Art Online
School Rumble
^ those are my life.
I've watched bits of animes, but I could never get into a lot of them.. Iunno, I'm picky. Chuunibyou is probably my favourite though, it's just.. damn <3 But, I loved all the SAO episodes. Wasn't prepared for the feels <3<3<3

Reactions: K1ngHoward

Pokemon365

Reaction score
Can anyone whose seen season 3 of shakugan no shana tell me something?
Im on episode 6, and so far the plot just frustrates me. I hate the way Yuji is acting, and the more I watch the more it just frustrates me to see.
(Sort of slight spoilers)
Is there a reason as to why Yuji became who he is? What I mean is that it seems as though the old Yuji would never make a decision like this. Does it all work out well or is the ending to the series bad?
Its difficult for me to explain how I am feeling into words.

X__x

Resident Zombie
Reaction score
Anime planning to watch:
Clannad
This has to be the most dangerous idea I've seen so far. If you're prone to getting emotional, I do not recommend it. Clannad's first season is fine and all. You get to feeling you're the main character / relating to him. But when you get to the second season (After Story).....

Content in the spoiler is a bit strong, so beware.
I explained the entire story to DarkHender over teamspeak a few weeks ago. Giving other relevant information, in my personal life the last few years, I've held to my own image of having a cynical outlook on life. Whenever something tragic happens, I just can't come to shedding tears. The dog I grew up with dies, the dog who was only four years of age dies, grandfather dies in his sleep, uncle dies sitting in his bed, uncles dog who we took in after his passing coughs up blood and dies. . . I never once could shed a tear/cry. I've always been like this.

When I watched the Clannad series, I was the closest to crying that I've ever felt before. I watched the subs through all the way. I also have a tendency to watch series through if they're in dub form, but for Clannad After Story.... I can't watch it anymore. I stopped on episode 17 (technically episode 39(40 if you count the special in the first series)). Even just explaining it (verbally) to someone, I start to choke up because of how their story went. When I was explaining the story on the teamspeak, it was to DarkHender, ClockworkMyr, and DieLorelei. This was one of the rare few anime's that I just can not finish because of how it goes.. But if you're dead-set on watching it, then best of luck.

But, listing animes we've watched?

uh..

Can we include manga's? If not, then that cuts my list down drastically.

This is a list of everything I've finished to as far as possible:
Bleach
Naruto
One Piece
Fairy Tail (Editing in because forgot to add...)
Ao no Exorcist (Blue Exorcist in dub)
Yu Yu Hakusho
Rurouni Kenshin
Dragonball
Dragonball Z
Dragonball GT
FLCL
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Soul Eater
Rosario+Vampire
Elfen Lied
Angel Beats
Clannad / After Story
OreImo
Cowboy Bebop (it so counts~)
The Perverted Prince and the Stony Cat
Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san (Translates to 'Muromi on the Shore')
I.S. (Infinite Stratos)
Toradora!
InuYasha
Code Lyoko

I'm leaving out the ones that warrant an M rating for obvious reasons. If it's just swearing, then that's one thing.

D

DarkHender

Anime planning to watch:
Clannad
This has to be the most dangerous idea I've seen so far. If you're prone to getting emotional, I do not recommend it. Clannad's first season is fine and all. You get to feeling you're the main character / relating to him. But when you get to the second season (After Story).....

I explained the entire story to DarkHender over teamspeak a few weeks ago. Giving other relevant information, in my personal life the last few years, I've held to my own image of having a cynical outlook on life. Whenever something tragic happens, I just can't come to shedding tears. The dog I grew up with dies, the dog who was only four years of age dies, grandfather dies in his sleep, uncle dies sitting in his bed, uncles dog who we took in after his passing coughs up blood and dies. . . I never once could shed a tear/cry. I've always been like this.

When I watched the Clannad series, I was the closest to crying that I've ever felt before. I watched the subs through all the way. I also have a tendency to watch series through if they're in dub form, but for Clannad After Story.... I can't watch it anymore. I stopped on episode 17 (technically episode 39(40 if you count the special in the first series)). Even just explaining it (verbally) to someone, I start to choke up because of how their story went. When I was explaining the story on the teamspeak, it was to DarkHender, ClockworkMyr, and DieLorelei. This was one of the rare few anime's that I just can not finish because of how it goes.. But if you're dead-set on watching it, then best of luck.
I've never looked into actually watching Clanned (though the artwork looks good) , but after how you explained the story goes, I'm glad I have not thought about watching and I won't be watching it- I freaked when (spoiler alert for Death Note!)
L died
I was basically screaming at my laptop screen for a good minute or so.
Clanned=nonoifyoudontwanttocryalot

Reactions: Summer10

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
Anime planning to watch:
Clannad

Completely agree. It is the greatest romance drama i have watched and actually got me to be more emotional when watching shows. I went into Clannad hearing from my friend that "it will make you cry" I even mentally prepared myself to not cry and i still shed a tear. This show has even instilled the fear that if i start a family my life would become Tomoya's [please no ;_;]. As Arkada described it: "Clannad is like a baseball bat to the feels, not once, but twice." Still shouldn't miss out on the show since it does well to mix in comedy with the depressing parts to help lighten the mood.

Currently Watching: Shakugan no Shana

• Thank You
Reactions: Jayfeather

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Anime planning to watch:
Clannad

Completely agree. It is the greatest romance drama i have watched and actually got me to be more emotional when watching shows. I went into Clannad hearing from my friend that "it will make you cry" I even mentally prepared myself to not cry and i still shed a tear. This show has even instilled the fear that if i start a family my life would become Tomoya's [please no ;_;]. As Arkada described it: "Clannad is like a baseball bat to the feels, not once, but twice." Still shouldn't miss out on the show since it does well to mix in comedy with the depressing parts to help lighten the mood.

Currently Watching: Shakugan no Shana
How are you finding Shakugan no Shana so far? :3

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
How are you finding Shakugan no Shana so far? :3
I just finished the first five episodes and wondering where the series will go as a whole and if Yuji will gain new powers or become maybe a battery pack for Shana with his regeneration abilities. It is interesting though since it is difficult for me to stop since i want to continue watching it, though i do not want to become a couch potato. I am also interested in what Lamies' plans are since he seems nice, but i have a strange feeling that i will not like his plan...
I recognize Shana's voice actor who also voiced Louise in "Zero no Tsukaima" and Taiga in "Toradora!". The voice actor is Kugimiya Rie who some call the "Queen of Tsundere" because she has voiced multiple tsundere characters in anime :p
Can't wait to see the rest of this since i have been trying to stay away from large series (large being 50+), though this series seems interesting and i will stick with it till the end :D

RaizzanX

Trash
Controller
Donor
Discord Staff
Reaction score
Anime planning to watch:
Clannad

My friend recommend this anime to me if you want the feels. Didn't know it was really right into the feels. I am known for my heartless-ness...ish. (cant think of a proper word) but I might reconsider once I watch the show. I recently started playing the visual novel version of clannad and I think its better if I watch the anime first if it contains spoilers.

Right... maybe I should list down my manga read since manga is adapted to anime or vice versa. Should be almost the same right..? Probably

Manga read:
Naruto
Fairy Tail
The World God Only Knows
Hentai Ouji to warawanai neko
Nisekoi
Black rock shooter the game
Black rock chan
Black rock shooter innocent soul
Bleach
Beelzebub
Noblesse (to be more exact, its a korean manga)
Ability (same as above)
Detective conan aka case closed
Every doraemon book in existence (I have the almost complete book collection)
Some more which I have forgotten....