Anime: Discuss!

Superchops

Reaction score
Beck is good, but focuses more on drama than action so if you're not too into less actiony anime it's probably not for you. Also the engrish singing kinda hurts at times. :p If you can find the English version the voice acting is pretty good.

Mushi-shi is more episodic, but definitely worth a watch. It has a slower pace than 90% of the anime out there, but in this case that's not really a bad thing.
I've since seen two episodes of each, and I think I'm going with Mushishi. Beck was fine and all, but it was just a little too cheesy. I'll probably continue watching it sometime, but for now, all I need is Mushishi.

Beck is good, but focuses more on drama than action so if you're not too into less actiony anime it's probably not for you.
Oh, don't worry, I couldn't care less about whether an anime has action or not :p If it's good, it's good.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
OH MY GOD
(more later when I come back but OH MY GOD)

EDIT: k so (yes the spoiler is actually extreme spoilers for episode 1, I'm not just hiding the wall of text)
Bakewhatevermon starts out on a light hearted tone - basically a guy counts the amount of air time some girl's skirt has as he zeroes in on her panties.
Then you get to the song which I assume is the OP but a different song also comes later? It's weird, not really sure how that works. During this song you see a guy holding a human heart, arms getting chopped off, skeletons surrounded by blood, you know the usual for an anime centered around a pervert.

That's not where it stops though, then you get to a long segment of dialogue between the main character and his crush where they literally just talk about some festival - more boring than anything Katawa Shoujo comes up. During this talk both of them also dissect and analyze other classmates behaviors, finally stopping on the actual plot important character that the main character discovered the secret of. After realizing there's something wrong with her he tries to go to his employer's house where he's stopped by an EXACTO KNIFE AND STAPLER IN HIS MOUTH ATTACHED TO THE HAND OF NONE OTHER THAN PLOT IMPORTANT CHARACTER HERSELF: SERHGLAJFEIOAJ-SAMA

THIS BITCH KEEPS A FUCKING STATIONERY SOMEWHERE ON HER BODY
Anyways he decides to take her to his employer and they discover that she just
met
a
crab
SHE JUST WAS WALKIN' DOWN THE STREET AND THIS CRAB IS LIKE YO SUP' and curses her to be near weightless (5kg)
Also this crab is a god I guess :x

So they go on the mystical adventures of bullshittery until they come upon the only important thing in the entire episode: a shrine where they perform a ritual to make the crab god appear to her. THEN THE CRAB - INVISIBLE TO EVERYONE ELSE, TOSSES HER AGAINST A WALL CRACKING STONE AND HOLDS HER THERE UNTIL SHE REQUESTS HER WEIGHT BACK (EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE A LOT MORE THINGS WRONG WITH HER) she gets her weight back - episode ends.
PROBLEM WITH THAT IS SHE BECOMES A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CHARACTER. SHE JUST STOPS BEING THE SARDONIC BITCH AND BECOMES VERY HAPPY ALL OF A SUDDEN??

Oh ya and in Episode 3 the main character (who is in highschool, mind) beats up this 6 year old kid until she passes out because she won't talk to him.

Anyways, now that I've highlighted the parts that are just NOT CORRECT:
This anime is creepy as fuck, the creepiest, strangest, mindfuck I have ever watched, read, anything.
The dialogue is incredible shitty, makes no sense logically, nor does it move the plot forward more often than not.
The transitions are very clunky and a lot of the face animations are completely out of place.

GearZX

Reaction score
When you say Attack on Titan takes a 1 month break, it's not necessarily a 1 month break, that's just how long it takes for each manga chapter to come out for it.

GearZX

Reaction score
Anime I used to watch:
Pokemon(thinking of picking it up again)
Fairy Tail(they stop airing here)
Naruto(prefered reading than watching)
Bleach(not sure why I stopped, probably because I prefer reading the manga version)
xxxholic(they stop airing here)

Anime done watching:
The law of ueki
Sakurasou no pet kanajo
Doraemon
Dik Cerdas

Anime currently watching:
Date a live
Boku n-

Anime planning to watch:
The World God Only Knows
Toradora
Clannad
Anohana
Lmao, did you nearly watch Boku No pico lmfao, The animes you plan to good are pretty good, The last 3 have their sad moments, but all of them are comedy besides Anohana, last episode made me cry so much :3

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
bakemonogatari
please don't do this to yourself
never watch it
never
Wtf, it's a good anime, what's wrong with it?
EDIT: k so (yes the spoiler is actually extreme spoilers for episode 1, I'm not just hiding the wall of text)
Bakewhatevermon starts out on a light hearted tone - basically a guy counts the amount of air time some girl's skirt has as he zeroes in on her panties.
Then you get to the song which I assume is the OP but a different song also comes later? It's weird, not really sure how that works. During this song you see a guy holding a human heart, arms getting chopped off, skeletons surrounded by blood, you know the usual for an anime centered around a pervert.

That's not where it stops though, then you get to a long segment of dialogue between the main character and his crush where they literally just talk about some festival - more boring than anything Katawa Shoujo comes up. During this talk both of them also dissect and analyze other classmates behaviors, finally stopping on the actual plot important character that the main character discovered the secret of. After realizing there's something wrong with her he tries to go to his employer's house where he's stopped by an EXACTO KNIFE AND STAPLER IN HIS MOUTH ATTACHED TO THE HAND OF NONE OTHER THAN PLOT IMPORTANT CHARACTER HERSELF: SERHGLAJFEIOAJ-SAMA

met
a
crab
SHE JUST WAS WALKIN' DOWN THE STREET AND THIS CRAB IS LIKE YO SUP' and curses her to be near weightless (5kg)

So they go on the mystical adventures of bullshittery until they come upon the only important thing in the entire episode: a shrine where they perform a ritual to make the crab god appear to her. THEN THE CRAB - INVISIBLE TO EVERYONE ELSE, TOSSES HER AGAINST A WALL CRACKING STONE AND HOLDS HER THERE UNTIL SHE REQUESTS HER WEIGHT BACK (EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE A LOT MORE THINGS WRONG WITH HER) she gets her weight back - episode ends.
PROBLEM WITH THAT IS SHE BECOMES A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CHARACTER. SHE JUST STOPS BEING THE SARDONIC BITCH AND BECOMES VERY HAPPY ALL OF A SUDDEN??

Oh ya and in Episode 3 the main character (who is in highschool, mind) beats up this 6 year old kid until she passes out because she won't talk to him.

This anime is creepy as fuck, the creepiest, strangest, mindfuck I have ever watched, read, anything.
The dialogue is incredible shitty, makes no sense logically, nor does it move the plot forward more often than not.
The transitions are very clunky and a lot of the face animations are completely out of place.

GearZX

Reaction score
bakemonogatari
please don't do this to yourself
never watch it
never

met
a
crab

You gotta look pass all that, and the dialogue is clever, I'm not sure where you watch your anime though, I gotta admit the transitions are meh, but it's still a very good anime with a very good plot, then again, my thoughts are biased, you also have to look pass the fact for guilty crown that grabbing a sword by stabbing into a persons chest, it's nothing.

Vatowski

Reaction score
OH MY GOD
(more later when I come back but OH MY GOD)

met
a
crab

just go threw the bakemono and when your done go directly to nisemonogatari. It's really good and you will see your beloved tooth brush scene

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score

met
a
crab

You gotta look pass all that, and the dialogue is clever, I'm not sure where you watch your anime though, I gotta admit the transitions are meh, but it's still a very good anime with a very good plot, then again, my thoughts are biased, you also have to look pass the fact for guilty crown that grabbing a sword by stabbing into a persons chest, it's nothing.
I agree the Guilty Crown thing was hasty but I've since watched episode 5 - 7 of bakenaomfaljfl and jfc nothing has changed. The only clever dialogue was with hachukijii-chan and that passed quickly because she burned up in a fiery of explosion of fulfilled ghost hood. Then episode 6 proceeds to be nothing but yawn inducing dialogue UP UNTIL THE POINT WHERE HE GETS THE SHIT BEAT OUT OF HIM BY HIS GIRLFRIEND AND SHE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE HER STATIONERY FOR NO REASON.
I mean really I'm trying so hard to find out what it is people see in this. Not to mention the transitions continue to get more awful

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
Just gonna recommend this to everyone and especially to Jayfeather21 and K1ngHoward and Tuna

WATCH Hataraku Maou-Sama
http://myanimelist.net/anime/15809/Hataraku_Maou-sama!

This anime is so amazinggggggggg i love it so much seriously guiz watch it only 13 episodes though.

Gear recommended this to me and I seriously loved it.

I wanted to start watching this once it began airing, but controlled myself to wait until it finished airing to marathon the entire season. Totally worth the wait! I finished it all today and enjoyed every episode getting some good laughs from every episode. I like the theme that "Every person has a good and bad side, it doesn't matter which side you start out on, you are always on both." This was also another good anime that felt like it had just the right amount of episodes where it didn't overstay its welcome or drag-on. This is going on my "Great animes i enjoyed" list. :D

Edit:
I really should finish up animes before i start new ones >.>
Currently watching: "Shakugan no Shana II"

Reactions: Vatowski

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
Currently watching: "Shakugan no Shana II"
Looks interesting might watch a few episodes of the first season to see if I get into the mood to watch all 24 episodes of the season.
Personally i feel it is really slow during the second season. I started all three (watching in order) last month and still watching it. The second season it tries to focus more on the romance triangle than the action which makes it feel dragged out. I think i am just mad at Shana in general; she doesn't want to admit her feelings which would clear up the confusion between her and Yuji easily and scare away the competition who aren't doing their all to win his heart either.
I am probably trying to compare it to "Zero no Tsukaima" too much where the two love birds got together in the first season and then increased the romance with each passing season while still focusing on the action, comedy, and story that meshed together marvelously.
This is probably just me being picky, you can try it out though. For me, it is not my cup of tea.
Edit:
I don't usually go lower than a 5 unless i really hated it. 7 = Pretty good, while 6 = Okay, but could do better.

• Informative
Reactions: Vatowski