The Pearled Bridge - Game Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Get me a game count of every single Mafia game on the forums without a form of a town vigilante vs every single mafia game with a form of a town vigilante and then you can say its 'likely' town doesn't have one. But it is likely since most games have one
Also unless theres something important or something new I'm gonna limit this ping pong match so we don't spam too much new pages for people

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Get me a game count of every single Mafia game on the forums without a form of a town vigilante vs every single mafia game with a form of a town vigilante and then you can say its 'likely' town doesn't have one. But it is likely since most games have one
I don't even think vigilantes are that common?

But even so, like I said before, if you sounded town then sure I'd consider you were vigilante, but you don't, so I just don't think you are, and if you don't get cc'd then my next natural guess is that we don't have a town vigilante since I just don't think you're town

and I don't think vigilantes are such common roles that I should believe you just on the basis of you're an uncc vigilante - if you were the only cop role, sure that'd be a bit different, but vigilante isn't that much of a core role

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Notty one last question - why'd you choose to use your action on omni last night?

why was omni so suspicious to you that you wanted to use your one time only ability on omni?

your argument for omni seems to be 'everyone's unsure about him and he voted for aqua' but that doesn't seem convincing enough to make you waste your one and only vigilante kill on him, so why did you do it? why not wait until your action could be used at a more pivotal moment, or on someone you were actually convinced was scum - why omni?

just doesn't make any sense to do as a true 1 shot vigilante to me, so please can you explain your reasoning

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Notty one last question - why'd you choose to use your action on omni last night?

why was omni so suspicious to you that you wanted to use your one time only ability on omni?

your argument for omni seems to be 'everyone's unsure about him and he voted for aqua' but that doesn't seem convincing enough to make you waste your one and only vigilante kill on him, so why did you do it? why not wait until your action could be used at a more pivotal moment, or on someone you were actually convinced was scum - why omni?

just doesn't make any sense to do as a true 1 shot vigilante to me, so please can you explain your reasoning
I first targeted hip the second the night ended but then I quickly realizing his doubting made him like confirmed town so I looked for someone else in the lynch aqua train and decided to go for Omni. Didn't choose you since you might be lynched and that'd be a waste. Chose Omni specifically because I deemed him to have a decent chance to be Mafia and also have enough people suspect him that they might not lynch me today so that I could prove myself. After all people were talking about lynching me yesterday too. It may be able to only prime one single person a night(target changes so only 1 person is doused) but there is no reason for me not to use it n0. If you read up on prime you can see you're able to switch targets. Also this was a pivotal moment because waiting to prime someone till they're found suspicious will take me 2 nights to kill someone which is not a realistic timetable if you want someone dead.

also I'm pretty sure you were also in the 'why would aqua use his one shot vigilante night 1' camp after tavarn acana - I mean could be wrong but just seems weird to me you'd waste yours on n1 and for omni
The ignite is one-shot the prime isn't (but can only be on one person at a time), and Omni is a fair target to use it on in my opionion

I don't even think vigilantes are that common?

But even so, like I said before, if you sounded town then sure I'd consider you were vigilante, but you don't, so I just don't think you are, and if you don't get cc'd then my next natural guess is that we don't have a town vigilante since I just don't think you're town

and I don't think vigilantes are such common roles that I should believe you just on the basis of you're an uncc vigilante - if you were the only cop role, sure that'd be a bit different, but vigilante isn't that much of a core role
Every single game you yourself have hosted has had them. They weren't all direct vigilantes but still town kills (and neither am I! I take 2 days and can only kill one person)

Zuplar had a town kill in the form of a gun
http://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/zuplar-invasion-game-over-town-win.20719/page-35#post-399287

Town called paradise had an assassin
http://escaperestart.com/forum/thre...game-over-town-wins.20453/page-30#post-392955

Waning sunset had a hunter
http://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/waning-sunset-game-over-mafia-win.20838/page-9

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Right, I finally got time to sit down and type what I need to say. Firstly, I have a power census which allows me to census the number of power roles in the game. I used my one last night. My first census was put on the kill power, and that turned up 1 result. This means that there's only 1 role in this game or one person with the kill power in this game. I picked Kill as I assumed that PID, TID and RID are far rarer but the census on Kill certifies that there are more PID, TID and RID in this game. Notty said she has the ignite power so we can cross that off the list tbf.

Now moving on to Unu once again trying to BW on me, and I'm gonna analyse his reasons to lynch me.

My biggest suspicion at the time is Rune. This first began when I put my vote on him, after making a post about that I rather lynch the inactives. This seemed to get little attraction, however, when Infected voted Comp sometime later people were quickly joining him to establish that lurking will get you in a tough spot.
I'm assuming why people didn't go for me was because I have a valid reason for my inactivity and that people found out from my post that I had Uni packing to sort out. Comp, on the other hand, provided a reason much later on, which means there was much more room for a bandwagon to occur for him as he did not provide a reason for his inactivity and could very well be just mafia lurking. That bandwagon ended due to Comp providing the same reason as I did.
This sudden increase of willingness to vote on Comp for the same reason made me suspicious of Rune while began to townread Comp. I am however aware that this may also be because of Infs speech about voting Comp, while I wasn’t fully clear about it.
I mean, that doesn't really explain why there is a difference in your thinking that Comp is town while I'm scum, and when we look at this closely; at that point in time there wasn't much difference between me and Comp. So either you thought as scum that you could start a bandwagon to defend a scummy teammate while not looking suspicious due to an inactive being lynched or whatever the smallest difference was to make you decide that I am scum was through logic which provides some clarity. I'm leaning towards the former.
Rune said:
Unusual_Dood said:
Let's go for rune!
you're really desperate to get me lynched, why?
I think that was a fully justified post in trying to get a reason why a vote was put on me. Now, if this was a joke as you say then surely it could have been more obvious than what you posted. In fact, this was your second attempt on trying to get a lynch on me; with a sprinkling of "oh wait, rune wasn't included in this so he is sus" sort of tone in multiple posts:

And that your vote started on me all the way back on the 7th page when your post of "Let's lynch Rune!" was posted at around page 40. So it wasn't a joke that started on "Let's lynch Rune!"; but more of a desperate attempt to start a bandwagon on me in my eyes.

And your third attempt:

Also, you yourself admit that it's only me which you are suspicious about (You use the same reasoning again in Day 1) so again; you're either tunnel-visioning or at that point in time; it looked like you were desperately trying to defend Aqua which most agreed was scummy and resisted the lynch.:

I'm obviously going to be suspicious at multiple attempts of bandwagons to be started on me, and I think again it was fully justified in why a vote was put onto me; and that we only find out your reasonings on Day 1; page 58. This is your FOURTH attempt, and there are no signs of stopping so either you're a townie which is tunnel-visioning on me or a mafia which sees a good target for a lynch to start on.
This post responding to this jokish post by me increased my suspicion as he already seems on the defensive while having just 1 vote on him. I would also say it is worth to mention that he hasn’t seemed to try to help town at all, and his inactivity plus his unexplained vote on Aqua certainly doesn’t help on his case, so I would really enjoy to at least see his role.
Again, you kept that vote so I'm going to be suspicious when only you are trying to vote for me; when everyone else is trying to vote for someone else. I voted for Aqua because I felt like what Aqua was saying and doing was confusing town when I would rather prefer Day 0 to be swiftly over. Tbf, Inf; your play was very confusing and doesn't help you (I pointed this out too).

Now let me quickly touch on Notty since she agreed with Unu

To be honest I'll be quite satisfied with a Rune lynch. We won't lynch an active player which is a big plus
I mean sure but there's an equal chance of an active person being mafia; so I don't see the logic here.
+ I don't think anyone particularly townreads him so it feels like we have a lot to gain and little to lose. He also voted Aqua, a town, which plenty of people did but its still something against him. I'm happy to put off this weak/inf/whomever stuff untill tomorrow.
I mean, so far the people who didn't town read and found me suspicious was Unu, nobody else. People were mostly either neutral or read me as a town even with my state of activity. Also, let's bring up the vote just to point out that you also voted for Aqua so on that regards; by your logic, you're equally as suspicious as I am.

Anyways, that's it for my analysis dump.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I first targeted hip the second the night ended but then I quickly realizing his doubting made him like confirmed town so I looked for someone else in the lynch aqua train and decided to go for Omni. Didn't choose you since you might be lynched and that'd be a waste. Chose Omni specifically because I deemed him to have a decent chance to be Mafia and also have enough people suspect him that they might not lynch me today so that I could prove myself. After all people were talking about lynching me yesterday too. It may be able to only prime one single person a night(target changes so only 1 person is doused) but there is no reason for me not to use it n0. If you read up on prime you can see you're able to switch targets. Also this was a pivotal moment because waiting to prime someone till they're found suspicious will take me 2 nights to kill someone which is not a realistic timetable if you want someone dead.

The ignite is one-shot the prime isn't (but can only be on one person at a time), and Omni is a fair target to use it on in my opionion
thanks for the explanation, that all makes sense to me

Every single game you yourself have hosted has had them. They weren't all direct vigilantes but still town kills (and neither am I! I take 2 days and can only kill one person)

Zuplar had a town kill in the form of a gun
http://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/zuplar-invasion-game-over-town-win.20719/page-35#post-399287

Town called paradise had an assassin
http://escaperestart.com/forum/thre...game-over-town-wins.20453/page-30#post-392955

Waning sunset had a hunter
http://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/waning-sunset-game-over-mafia-win.20838/page-9
so? so three games have had one, what's your point? every single game I've made (2) have also had some kind of non-english language easter egg in them, but they're not exactly common are they? both my games have had aliens in them as well

wow this just reminds me how great my games are!

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
so? so three games have had one, what's your point? every single game I've made (2) have also had some kind of non-english language easter egg in them, but they're not exactly common are they? both my games have had aliens in them as well
Just that from my experience it feels like almost every game has a town-kill and since you hosted games with them I assumed you would too but I guess you don't feel their presense as much as as me which I can understand. I especially felt it when YOU FAKE SHOT ME YOU MONSTER

• Haha
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Infected_alien8_ Whats you're opinion on lynching Matty?
I'm against it, he's seemed town to me pretty much all game and he jumped out to defend me by telling everyone I was a jailer when he could have just let me be lynched if he's mafia

in fact you said you don't have a problem with matty earlier so why are you wanting him lynched now?

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I'm against it, he's seemed town to me pretty much all game and he jumped out to defend me by telling everyone I was a jailer when he could have just let me be lynched if he's mafia

in fact you said you don't have a problem with matty earlier so why are you wanting him lynched now?
Well something doesn't feel right. I scumread you but logic says Matty's claim would make you town unless there is a Mafia with a jailing ability which is unlikely. So I was thinking about maybe you/matty being a team again but this time I thought the power inspection ability could easely be a Mafia ability aswell. Though you bring up a good point that he could of just let you be lynched.

But now that Rune has claimed power cencus I'm not sure if I'm supposed to think that all three of the power cencus/trait cencus/power inspector are all town since that feels kinda off (especially since I'm a strong believer in mafia/town having similar/mirrored roles such as town tracker and Mafia watcher or a town roleblocker + mafia hooker). Just curious what you thought of it

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well something doesn't feel right. I scumread you but logic says Matty's claim would make you town unless there is a Mafia with a jailing ability which is unlikely. So I was thinking about maybe you/matty being a team again but this time I thought the power inspection ability could easely be a Mafia ability aswell. Though you bring up a good point that he could of just let you be lynched.

But now that Rune has claimed power cencus I'm not sure if I'm supposed to think that all three of the power cencus/trait cencus/power inspector are all town since that feels kinda off (especially since I'm a strong believer in mafia/town having similar/mirrored roles such as town tracker and Mafia watcher or a town roleblocker + mafia hooker). Just curious what you thought of it
Hm I see what you mean but I think it will only become suspicious once we learn more about the setup - for all we know most mafia are given roles that don't directly cc any townies so they can just claim their true powers and get away with it, meaning they don't have to lie and power inspect/census have pretty limited use in only finding a couple members or something and making it balanced. or maybe this setup is just a bit town skewed

matty's seemed pretty town to me though, his actions just don't add up to me if he's mafia - if one of rune or matty is mafia I'd bet it's rune but I think both seem town (although moreso matty)

Status
Not open for further replies.