CAPITALISM MAFIA

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
well its your fault, you started clapping (or one of first)

and even voted me to pressure me into doing it as well

now i have started to actually be curious what could happen

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
happy now, the only reason is because i did not trust it,

just like you now, like i dont even know what i would have to gain by not clapping, besided maybe blocking a potentail 3rd party win condition

G

Guest35486

well I'm caught up (sorry if I missed anything) *clap*

I kind of skimmed Iggish's argument about countries but I highly doubt alignment would be based on nation? Seems a bit too obvious to me. I don't really find it suspicious that some have unique countries since certain countries would be more influential in politics than others, so Jivvi probably chose more from certain countries? I guess it was a bit weird that the first two deaths are British but that's probably a coincidence.

As for suspicions:
- Comp: To be perfectly honest, I was spectating the last game he played and I read him wrong 100%. I was almost certain he's mafia but he ended up town. I'm inclined to think he's town this game but I'm really not sure.

- Notty/Iggish: I know HK mentioned that they have different writing styles that makes one more calm than the other, but I feel like it's just how they play mafia, not really indicating their alignment in this case. I didn't read the discussion in depth though, will have to revisit it. Could be like how Inffy said they're both town though.

- webpaige: I haven't seen her post much after Inffy became active, but then again, neither have I. (Holidays + Christmas events, but I'm back now wooo) Now that we know she didn't silence Inffy I'm less suspicious of her, but I still have a weird vibe. Unsure about her alignment right now.

- Inffy: Probs town, though I found it a bit weird that he said he had nothing to contribute in the beginning and decided staying silent for a few pages was a good idea, but then again he also decided to rhyme all his posts one day a few games ago. But hey he's active now and 20 posts appeared out of thin air while I took a nap.

- So far it seems like Oak (after his initial few posts), Weak, and Jolt haven't posted much, just going off the top of my head.

• Dislike
Reactions: Comp

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
you get out of it this time hk
ok now noone else clap i could see jivvi putting the clapping thing in as win condition thinking 'theres no POSSIBLE way he can get each and every person to just write clap in one message'

unvote

• Agree
Reactions: HKCaper

Iggish

Reaction score
1) You probably saw what I meant when he becomes over-reactive but it's probably me being paranoid
Being reactive doesn't mean that I'm taking a lead or scumhunting. Your accusation came out of nowhere and had little justification, that's why I became suspicious.
The weird posts you're talking about are me theorising why the game is set out as it currently is. The reason why it looks confusing is being Inf is being an foolish boi as per usual and not understanding my thought process. Also, I have not been protective at all of being Canadian, you have been the more defensive one but I am sorry if I was sudden with my accusations when it came to you and I'm sorry if it causes some confusion. I will also try to give answers to your questions later on.
No, the weird posts were when you were accusing me with weird justification.
That's exactly what I pointed out when it came to Australia. If anything, maybe their PM would be noticeable but that's it. Right now, Iggy is the most suspicious because he pulled the same shit before when he was third party and nearly got away with it. I would not trust Iggy to lead the selection process in the slightest because he did that last time and really assisted the Mafia because of it.

It could also be the Five Eye member countries, which includes Australia, Canada, US AND the UK. But this doesn't take into account of Ireland. Ireland may be a small country, but politically has a huge background and general effect on the political climate, this includes it's past history with the IRA which still has consequences to this day and also modern history such as Brexit. So I don't accept Iggy's argument that Ireland is insignificant. If anything, other than China infiltrating Australia, Australia has nothing close to Ireland and is a hell of a more insignificant so why the hell does Australia have so many people? Could this explain why Australia has this many people?

Chinese agents are known to try to infiltrate BOTH the US and Aus and are 100% anti-capitalist. This could be Mafia who are Chinese agents trying to claim inno by picking Australia or the US. This could also explain why the person who is part of Ireland could be third party because of this.

We should begin my asking both US and Aus before we jump to Iggy because I find that a lot more suspicious.

I'll have a proper read of the thread later but since it's Christmas, I'm on my phone.
For instance, like I said trying to be the leader of the lynch/the most vocal one to try to get the lynch rolling. In the previous game, he did this to assist Mafia as his third party role was to interfere and make Mafia's life more easy. In this game, the third party wins automatically when Town wins so it makes sense he's doing similar plays to try to get people the least susp of him so he can win when Town wins.
I mean, you say I pulled the same shit last game but... I didn't. Last game I basically had an agenda against TWG where I would snap at any possibility to get him lynched and so benefit the mafia. You also said that I was leading a lynch wagon and being very vocal to lynch people. Well no, I wasn't. You then say that my argument is flawed because Ireland is more important then Australia in your opinion which I don't think is relevant at all. It just seems pretty sketchy and erratic.
So me stating that I'm Canadian is making me a lynch target know? I held back for a second in case there was someone else who would be in case it was a mafia trying to claim that they were Canadian. In this country thing, we made ourselves easy targets for Maf. There is also basically one notable Canadian politician which Notty pointed out so if I waited and someone claimed, it would be easy to CC.

It's interesting to note that all of these counties are ex-colonies of the British empire as you see no one coming from France or any other country in the EU who are westernised.
For me, just comes off as pretty sensitive about being Canadian. You say you made yourself an easy target so therefore it's unlikely you're mafia because why would I mafia do that. However, you then urge people to try to lynch out of the opposite pool from which you're in. This could be just a coincidence as well but IIRC just after I said "there's almost definitely a Canadian in the game" or something you happen to reveal yourself as Canadian. As I said, this could be a coincidence or it could be you taking advantage of something I said so you could maybe justify your country.

I'm not where you got the idea that I was starting a lynch train and actively scumhunting (which I wasn't). In my eyes it's easily possible that you saw me calling one or two people out and kind of took that as a threat or wanted me lynched. The only explanation I can think of for you thinking this would be if you were very conscious of keeping a low profile and not being called suspicious. This could also explain why you got quite defensive the second someone put suspicion on you and you used the Canada excuse to try and evade that suspicion.

You're justification for holding back also makes no sense. You were waiting to counterclaim someone when they claimed Trudeau but we weren't near to claiming names yet. If I had to guess you held back because you were afraid someone else would be doing that to you and when no other Canadians came forward, you decided to take the risk and come out towards the end.

It just all seems a bit fishy to me.

Maybe I'm just being cynical but oh well, the possibility can't be ruled out. It would make sense for the autocrat or a mafia to try and do something like this, to hide in plain sight.

webpaige

Mafia Host
Reaction score
- webpaige: I haven't seen her post much after Inffy became active, but then again, neither have I. (Holidays + Christmas events, but I'm back now wooo) Now that we know she didn't silence Inffy I'm less suspicious of her, but I still have a weird vibe. Unsure about her alignment right now.
Been reading but had lots to do so I can't share much yet but I will when I get time

If mafia is like communists then I could see Comrade Jeb Bush being a thing in this game, which means if the claps are from Jeb, it could be some sort of mafia role like arsonist? That's all I have that I can share without looking into deeper analysis stuff (other than that Never Trust Inffy always works)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
This could be just a coincidence as well but IIRC just after I said "there's almost definitely a Canadian in the game" or something you happen to reveal yourself as Canadian. As I said, this could be a coincidence or it could be you taking advantage of something I said so you could maybe justify your country.
Gonna point this out since I've seen this said twice now and forgot to mention it before, but Rune actually claimed Canadian before you mentioned Canada, but you didn't see him say it, so he said it again after you talked about Canada.

I'm Canadian
Unless Ender is Canadian, I've no idea why Jivvi would put an Irish politician into the game over a Canadian unless the Irish person had a special role.
Once again, this is just theory but it would make sense for a serial killer or third party role to be Gerry Adams who was head of the IRA. I don't know why an Irish politician would be included otherwise.
Oy Iggy, I'm Canadian btw
All of those are from the same page (5).

The inf vote was in response to a point Oog made, not TWG which is why I called infs large text out as quoting me out of context as he represented my post as if it were bandwagoning off whatever shit TWG said (I can't even remember now)
So you were bandwagoning off of oog, rather than TWG?

Which is a really bad defence, because A) it would make sense for the censor to target inf again as to force suspicion towards him to make him seem as if he were lying, because censoring anyone else would instantly almost 100% prove a censor exists (except for if the second point happened, although outing one as mafia would not prove there wasn't a 3rd party censor who was maf sided)
Okay but surely the fact that I am now speaking means that I didn't have this intention...?

and B) because... what? Like why would a townie pretend to be censored it makes no sense what so ever. And please don't give me the bullshit defence that he never confirmed it by rating a post so he didn't technically lie because he saw the posts and chose to ignore them.
As I said, to generate discussion, and it worked (at least partially).

I'm keeping my vote on inf as he's clearly some form of non-town role or trolling both of which are detrimental
Well if I was trolling, I'm obviously not anymore, so I'm no longer detrimental. Sounds like an excuse to keep your vote on me to me!!

The reason why it looks confusing is being Inf is being an foolish boi as per usual and not understanding my thought process.
I mean to be fair your posts are extremely disjointed in my opinion. You randomly start new topics/thoughts in the same paragraph and it isn't very coherent to my brain, and I'm having a hard time understanding what you're trying to say a lot of the time. I'm not sure if this is indicative of your alignment but I've never noticed you like this before. Maybe you're struggling to remain coherent and linear in your thought process because you have a secret objective clouding your thoughts??

1) You probably saw what I meant when he becomes over-reactive but it's probably me being paranoid
But where does he take the lead, like you said he did?

Green = Last game, Iggish was very reactive/extremely vocal when it came to who to lynch. When it came to the end, we found out that his role was a third party which would win if Mafia wins. The 'shit' which iggish does is the fact that under pressure, or in general when he is in a role such as third party or mafia, he becomes more animated/reactive in his conversation.
But Iggish wasn't being extremely vocal about who we should lynch, was he? I mean after you've said that, he and Notty have been debating quite a bit, but when you said this he hadn't even voted anyone or said anyone was probably Mafia or anything, so why did you talk about this as if he's doing it this game as well?

3) I mean, if you looked back at the last mafia game; his style of play there when he was third party is similar to this current play style.

For instance, like I said trying to be the leader of the lynch/the most vocal one to try to get the lynch rolling. In the previous game, he did this to assist Mafia as his third party role was to interfere and make Mafia's life more easy. In this game, the third party wins automatically when Town wins so it makes sense he's doing similar plays to try to get people the least susp of him so he can win when Town wins.
In fact, reading this again, this doesn't make sense does it? You're saying that, he's acting the same as last game, when he as mafia, on purpose, so that he can not be seen as suspicious and can win when town wins. Why would acting like he acted when he was Mafia make him less suspicious?

Also, you still have yet to answer my question, unless you already answered and I just forgot (the first quote is my question, the second quote is what the question stems from):

Also, why did you say that Iggish is most suspicious, and then say that we shouldn't focus on him because you find US/Aus more suspicious? Even though he's in US (I think)?
Right now, Iggy is the most suspicious

We should begin my asking both US and Aus before we jump to Iggy because I find that a lot more suspicious.
Looking back, I also find your reason for not voting Iggish a bit weird.

And I can see where Inf is going by saying his play style is a tad different than last game, which is the reason why I'm not voting him straight away. Inf didn't go ahead and vote for his people that he found suspicious since that's his suspicions and not something definite. I'm doing the same thing because I don't want to lynch him just because of something that he did last game. Though on the other hand, could Jivvi have made Iggy the Irish one because it makes the most sense than someone else?
You say the reason you didn't vote him was because you could see where I was coming from when I said he was acting "a tad" different last game, but you only seem to agree with this (since you only say this) after I said it. Before that, you seemed pretty sure that Iggish was acting very similar to last game and even used that as the reason for saying he was the most suspicious.
Right now, Iggy is the most suspicious because he pulled the same shit before when he was third party and nearly got away with it. I would not trust Iggy to lead the selection process in the slightest because he did that last time and really assisted the Mafia because of it.
3) I mean, if you looked back at the last mafia game; his style of play there when he was third party is similar to this current play style.

So why didn't you vote for him back then, before I said that Iggish was acting differently? And if you already thought that he was acting a bit differently yourself, then why didn't you say so before?

Also, the way you defend your lack of voting by comparing yourself to me, basically saying "Inf didn't do that, and neither did I" also seems weird to me. Like maybe your reason for not voting is because you're trying to fit in, and that leaked out a bit in your response here.

Also is it just me or has rune suddenly decided to be nice to Iggish now that the heat is off him?

Also, I have not been protective at all of being Canadian, you have been the more defensive one but I am sorry if I was sudden with my accusations when it came to you and I'm sorry if it causes some confusion. I will also try to give answers to your questions later on.
Like, where did this apology even come from? It seems so out of the blue to me. Kinda reminds me of a point Ender made previously:

rune was quiet in the beginning and has now become more or less active, just in time to support notty in her absurd quest to lynch iggy
Although rune did say that he forgot the game existed at the start, and it makes sense that he'd become active only when someone started to appear suspicious to him, so I could totally see why this pattern that Ender described might emerge from a townie, but his apology to Iggish just seems to come out of nowhere, like a step back now that Notty has also stepped back.

Also, one last question for you Rune, about something I noticed when I went back to analyze your posts:

Double post

Jolt is most likely Theresa May and/or OHHHH JEREMY CORBYN.

If that's the case, there is most likely one mafia in each of the countries with many people in them such as the US and Australia. Like Eric pointed out, it's weird that it's so wildly unbalanced that most likely, someone switched to the other country. For example, there isn't a lot of notable politicians for Aus so maybe we should target that group of people?
Why, "if that's the case" (I'm assuming you're referring to Jolt being Theresa May or Jeremy Corbyn), does that suggest to you that "there is likely one mafia in each of the countries with many people in them"? I just can't follow this line of thought.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Gonna point this out since I've seen this said twice now and forgot to mention it before, but Rune actually claimed Canadian before you mentioned Canada, but you didn't see him say it, so he said it again after you talked about Canada.
...Unless you did see it, and that's why you specifically mentioned Canada, as a way to seem like, although you missed rune's claim, you were on the ball about the nature of the setup and helpful to town???!11//

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
okay so

i am jeb as i already said, yes, i am 3rd party, and no, my win condition isn't exactly tied to the claps, at least not directly

basically trump needs to die in order for me to win

now this clapping thing came as a surprise to me at first because jivvi didn't exactly mention it to me in the beginning, i just received one singular clap at the beginning of the day

as the day progressed, however, other people said it in the thread after i asked around about it, and would you look at that, after some time i received another message from jivvi, saying something along the lines of "the sustained applause has given you increased power to ward off trump's attacks" and explaining that i now had a bulletproof vest

so my working theory is that the more you clap, the more abilities i gain

why is this good for you? well, when you think of the autocrat, who is the most likely western politician to have been awarded that particular role? that's right, i too think it could be trump

so

you help me get stronger by clapping and i avert your loss by killing trump if i get an ability that helps me do that

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
As I said, to generate discussion, and it worked (at least partially).

Well if I was trolling, I'm obviously not anymore, so I'm no longer detrimental. Sounds like an excuse to keep your vote on me to me!!
How does this generate discussion? All you did was derail the thread with people hypothesising about a censor, nothing of value was gained.It's weirdly reminiscent of when Jolterino posted that dumb poem to throw people off when Notty was bandwagoning him, but there was no focus on you; so unless the intended discussion was your lynching or somehow the bandwagon of someone else for no real reason other than your lies then...

well the point is it was dumb even if that was your intention.

Also if you were trolling, you certainly still are. Besides, why do I need an "excuse" to keep my vote on you? Seems again you're using buzzwords to force suspicion onto me, rather than using actual evidence; which isn't a very town friendly tactic, no?

So you were bandwagoning off of oog, rather than TWG?

Okay but surely the fact that I am now speaking means that I didn't have this intention...?
to quickly answer first point, since when does agreeing with someone enough to influence your vote = bandwagon? Besides it was more to apply pressure to you to see what you would do. I honestly wish more people would have done then you would be confirmed scum as soon as you broke and jumped out of this shit charade.

...And to the epitome of dumb questions. No, ofc it doesn't.

Firstly just wanna point out your original post was a shittily made excuse for why breaking this whole act somehow proves you can't be scum. This is a stupidly bold claim for a townie, especially when their argument is so thin. Honestly it seems like you tried to sweep the whole "why" thing under the rug with your massive walls of text.

But the reason why you could have had that intention was either you realised it was dumb and changed your mind, or the more likely thing. You wanted to do something SO stupidly suspicious people would pass it off as not scummy as no mafia or 3p regardless of how much experience they had would want to draw that much attention to themselves without any reason for people to believe their innocence. People seem to have forgotten about the whole thing because, I assume, they've just passed it off as a dumb inf thing...

but anyway

I IMPLORE EVERYONE TO ACTUALLY TAKE A SECOND TO LOOK AT INF FROM THE START OF THE GAME UP UNTIL NOW, I KNOW THEY'RE LONG AND SCARY BUT READ HIS POSTS AND CONSIDER THIS WHOLE "STRATEGY" HE CAME UP WITH AT THE START OF THE GAME. IMO HE IS REALLY SCUMMY RN, AND HE SEEMS TO BE ESCAPING THE SPOTLIGHT IN FAVOUR OF DUMB THINGS

THANKS, AQUA X

• Haha
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Also in regards to the whole "c-word" thing, Oog seems to be repeating it over and over and trying to make it seem like more of a joke than a potential thing, pulling away attention from the severity it could possess. I can't remember how it started so if someone could fill me in that'd be great.

OTHERWISE WE SHOULD REALLY THINK ABOUT WHETHER OOG HAS A WIN CONDITION BASED ON HOW MANY TIMES HE OR OTHERS TYPE THE C-WORD

:EYES:

P.S

ComputerGuy_ sorry for double post please don't ban me x

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Also in regards to the whole "c-word" thing, Oog seems to be repeating it over and over and trying to make it seem like more of a joke than a potential thing, pulling away attention from the severity it could possess. I can't remember how it started so if someone could fill me in that'd be great.
Yeah Oog gee

I IMPLORE EVERYONE -blablabla-
I mean he was just not talking for a while it's hardly that much of scum move. He probably stopped it since it's Inf and he wanted to spam the thread again. I actually town-read Inf so yeah no I don't think he's scummy.