CAPITALISM MAFIA

Iggish

Reaction score
This just makes no sense, canada is a giant country too so wouldnt it STILL not make sense to have one little country among all these giants???
I mean little in the grand scheme of things. In previous posts I have said that Canada has greater international and political importance than Ireland but I would still consider it a "little" country in these terms. Perhaps little was the wrong word.
I mean, it's up to the person but I don't consider Canada a political giant at all. I don't see how it makes no sense?
As you can see, my opinions on what a giant country is obviously differ from notty's opinions of a giant country as per my graph. Notty is thinking more geographically when I'm thinking more politically. In this post you can see me trying to explain that while it's larger then Ireland, it's less significant or "small" compared to the others.
I think you're just making stuff up at this point, in what world is canada insignificant in politics but australia somehow is? You slipped admit it
Right here is a perfect example of notty misinterpreting when I am comparing stuff. This is why I accused her of deliberately taking stuff out of context, because she did this repeatedly.
I called Canada insignificant compared to the other three, not that it's completely insignificant. I said previously that is larger and more significant then Ireland, not that it's completely insignificant. I have already tried to explain why I think Australia is more important then Canada and to be honest, I don't see how it's relevant.
First you go on to say ireland is a little country and it wouldn't make sense to have it in the game but it suddenly does make sense if canada is in it. I call you out saying that canada isn't a little country and all of a sudden you're doing a 180 and claiming canada isn't politically significant even though im pretty sure most people know exactly 1 canadian politician and 0 australian politicians(atleast thats my case). You claiming to somehow talk about another meaning of 'little' is you trying to cover the fact that you're just making things up.
Yes, it makes sense. It makes sense for Ireland to be in it if Canada is in it as then there would be another comparatively "smaller" country with only one player. I know Canada isn't a little country and I said that I may have used the wrong word, but how is it a total 180. If anything, I'd be sticking to my tracks if I said it was small and then I said it was insignificant. I acknowledged the used of a wrong word but notty is / was trying to weave it to make me seem like scum. And then to justify accusing me of a 180 she goes on about numbers of significant politicians from the countries. I fail to see how this is relevant, once again, notty trying to make me look bad.
Of course I'm talking about a different meaning of little. Two types of little in this case. Little with no comparative i.e. Ireland is little and little in the comparative, Canada is more little then the other countries. This is not making anything up and it's not trying to cover my trail in anyway.
Yes, to be honest I don't know a single Aussie politician and I know about Justin but that doesn't mean a country is more politically important then another. I don't claim to be an expert on politics and we could argue until the cows come home about why I consider Australia to be more influential then Canada. It would be a combination of Australia being the political hub of their region whereas Canada is above America and even going into stereotypes about Canadians not being assertive etc.
I then tried to explain to notty how knowledge of politicians doesn't necessarily warrant more political significance and try to justify why I think Australia is more important then Canada.
I used Canada as an example as it is more significant then Ireland. I was pointing out that my theory would be flawed if there was a Canadian role. I chose Canada over New Zealand and Guyana as it is much more influential. While I used Canada, my theory still would've been flawed if there had been a New Zealand(ish?) politician or a Guyanian(?) one. My point was why include a small country like Ireland if you are not going to include a more significant country like Canada.

Out of three options to pick (Canada,Guyana,New Zealand), Canada being by far the most significant, why is it weird that I mentioned Canada?
Then there was this which accompanied the map post explaining why I chose Canada. I think it's pretty easy to understand.
Then came the post of notty quoting two words of mine with absolutely zero context, "small" and "significant" with a large HHHhmmmmmmm. When I asked for context, none was given. At this stage I began to think that notty was just tunnel visioning me, remember, she voted me out of the blue at the start of the day when using her lines of reasoning, there were better targets.

I hope this explains my "shift" in opinion. Honestly, I don't believe I have had one and hopefully others will believe that too after reading my post. I think that's everything to mention...

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
i kinda want to lynch between notty, rune, aqua, hk and inf today, more or less in that order
Switch me and aqua around and the list becomes alot better!

I'm not trolling Iggish I just wanted to point out that I think he's making stuff up to distance himself from his earlier argument against comp, which if he were town would he really try to cover himself? I mean it is basically just a WIFOM right here but I find it kinda scummy. Maybe not scummy enough to warrant my parade of pressure but eh someone has to be lynched.

If I'd have to make a list myself I'd go as following: Iggish, Aqua, Oak and you. Iggish first because he was one of the last three to claim american and off his previous actions which I find kinda scummy. Aqua second because I don't like how he wanted to lynch Inf + like you said he's just bandwagoning stuff. Then oak/you in no particular order because you two were one of the last three to claim american. I'd be fine with lynching any of these people but for now my vote'll stay on iggish.

Iggish

Reaction score
No, no and no. You're taking things out of context and misinterpreting them to fit your agenda.

Yes because at that time Rune hadn't claimed yet so the only claimed countries were the UK, USA, Australia and Ireland. Ireland sticks out like a sore thumb here. Ireland stood out here for me and so it felt wrong. I also thought he could be Gerry Adams and a serial killer. These are valid reasons for day one suspicions.

In my eyes Ireland is little. Little was the wrong word to describe Canada but in my eyes it's still a lot smaller in comparison to the other three. I did not change my meaning of little here.
Yes, Canada is larger and more significant then Ireland, what's your point here exactly?

No, that is not throwing shade on that argument. I said Australia is more politically important then Canada. I then said that even though I don't know an Aussie politician and I know about Trudeau, that doesn't impact whether a country has more impact then another. The onyl reason i know about Trudeau is because he came to Ireland a while back but that's irrelevant.
How is this throwing shade on that argument? If I knew more Belgian politicians then French politicians, it doesn't mean I think Belgium is more politically significant.

Yes because in my eyes compared to the other three, Canada like Ireland, although being more important then Ireland, is still politically "small" compared to the other three. A singular player from a "small" country stood out. Two singular players from two "small" countries don't stand out as much. That was my reasoning. If there was another "small" country, it would make comp stand out less and wouldn't necessarily make me think he's a lone wolf serial killer. I'm not sure how this isn't understood yet so I'll try to explain it in another way.
And no, I'm not trying to be patronising, just trying to make you understand my reasoning.

Yes, it does make sense as although it is bigger, it still only has one player, in addition to my opinion on it, making it "small".

I didn't contradict myself. Originally, the theory was flawless and then it got flawed when Rune came out as Canadian. This is also explained by the above diagram. Yes, it actually is out of context as one is about before Rune came out and the other is after.

Nope, it's not. I haven't made anything up.

Also, answer the questions.
Wait, no, I didn't mention everything about my possible "shifts in stance". I forgot this post as it was a few pages on from where I last mentioned it. I think the misunderstanding here is that I'm now calling Canada a small country in response to their only being one person. Well yes, but once again, this is in a different context. This is in the context of the game relating to player count. Considering that every other country has allegedly atleast 3 players, Canada would be considered small here.
I think this most of your confusion could be coming from inf. I just answered in a different context. I don't think my stance has changed because I still believe that Canada is smaller politically then the other 3 etc., I simply used a different contextual point to voice my opinion. In hindsight that probably wasn't a great idea as it has now caused confusion.

My stance hasn't changed but yes, I did use another reason which I hadn't voiced before to justify myself in addition to justifying myself by other means.

• Thank You
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Iggish

Reaction score
I'm not trolling Iggish I just wanted to point out that I think he's making stuff up to distance himself from his earlier argument against comp, which if he were town would he really try to cover himself? I mean it is basically just a WIFOM right here but I find it kinda scummy. Maybe not scummy enough to warrant my parade of pressure but eh someone has to be lynched.
You are trolling me. You haven't answered my questions, haven't properly responded to my points, intentionally made a harmless and irrelevant point of mine look bad to fit your agenda, posted quotes of mine with no context to make me look scummy, made points against me brimming with hyprocracy and have repetitively rated my posts defending myself scummy.
Exactly how is this not trolling?

Why would I try to distance myself from a perfectly valid argument on someone on day 0 for no reason? Everyone has suspicions and I voiced mine. Accusing someone isn't scummy lol. I even put in my post that if so and so happened then my point would be invalid. So and so happened, so I didn't follow up on the point. How is this scummy?

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
intentionally made a harmless and irrelevant point of mine look bad to fit your agenda,
And what agenda is that? I'm just trying to throw out what I think you're doing aka voicing my opinion. If I think you're doing something bad then yes im going to say that you're doing something bad.

posted quotes of mine with no context to make me look scummy
The only time ive quoted out of context was where I quotes two words and said Hmmmmmmmmm, which was supposted to be a joke considering it was what the argument was about but hey

made points against me brimming with hyprocracy
Now I disagree with this theres only one 'hypocratic' post which is the one where I was mocking you for selectively deciding not to respond to part of my post, which to be fair was actually a troll post considering I have ignored your question for a while. I find the rest of my points to be pretty alright and if they're not then explain how Inf somehow came to a similar conclusion? It doesn't matter *too* much since after all this argument is mostly 'what you say you were doing' vs 'what I think you were doing' which is just a WIFOM.

But alright I guess I'll finally answer your burning question of why I voted you over ender (I didn't bother to answer it the first time and when you asked again I thought eh let's ignore it see what happens ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I do think its funny how litterally nobody else cared that I ignored the question). I voted you because there was barely any difference between you/oak/ender considering you were the last 3 to claim american, I don't really care which one claimed after the other. What made you stand out a bit though was this post:
So far all the claims have been for English speaking countries. I find it hard to believe that there is no Putin or Kim Jong Un in this game.

Just a theory but maybe the mafia are all foreign leaders with suspicious tactics. Like maybe on a four man team you'd have Putin, KJU, the Venezuelan guy and the Kenyan guy or something. Maybe Aun Suu Kyi or whatever her name is as well.

Also, if Jivvi included an Irish person he almost definitely included a Canadian.
Makes me think you somehow know something we don't, especially after jivvi confirmed there is an autocrat in this game. You guessed jivvi putting in a canadian and also that he put in an autocrat. Now I get that it's a pretty easy assumption to think Kim Jong Un or something is in this game and evil but still the fact that you guessed both of these things made me wonder if you know more than we do. Probably not but hey it made you more suspicious than oak/ender so I voted for you.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
But to shift conversation back to something more useful since im 99% sure nobody except me/inf/iggish care about mine/iggish' argument, are we going to continue claiming if we're right/left-wing or not and maybe it'd be a good idea if everyone made a list of their top-4 suspicions/lynch targets like Ender has done.

• Thank You
Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_

Iggish

Reaction score
And what agenda is that? I'm just trying to throw out what I think you're doing aka voicing my opinion. If I think you're doing something bad then yes im going to say that you're doing something bad.
Your agenda of trying to lynch me. It is obvious that you have an agenda for trying to kill me. This is a bad case of tunnel visioning.
You coincidentally decide to vote for me at the start when there was a better target using that justification. You also didn't answer my question when I asked why. Your justification now is this:
But alright I guess I'll finally answer your burning question of why I voted you over ender (I didn't bother to answer it the first time and when you asked again I thought eh let's ignore it see what happens ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I do think its funny how litterally nobody else cared that I ignored the question). I voted you because there was barely any difference between you/oak/ender considering you were the last 3 to claim american, I don't really care which one claimed after the other. What made you stand out a bit though was this post:
"eh let's see what happens". Are you serious? And you say that you're not trolling me and not targeting me?
Makes me think you somehow know something we don't, especially after jivvi confirmed there is an autocrat in this game. You guessed jivvi putting in a canadian and also that he put in an autocrat. Now I get that it's a pretty easy assumption to think Kim Jong Un or something is in this game and evil but still the fact that you guessed both of these things made me wonder if you know more than we do. Probably not but hey it made you more suspicious than oak/ender so I voted for you.
How did I guess that there was an autocrat in the game? What are you talking about? I didn't. I guessed those people as being a possible mafia team. Are you taking things out of context again? How did this make me more suspicious. It makes sense that Canada, a more significant country then Ireland would be in the game if Ireland was. It's not rocket science. And why didn't you mention this at the time?
This reason is so scummy.
-"eh let's see what happens"
-not answering my question on the topic
-leaving out information as to why you found me suspicious
-Saying I guessed an autocrat role when I didn't
-Making it sound scummy that I guessed a Canadian even though it was common sense.
-Only mentioning all of this now.
The only time ive quoted out of context was where I quotes two words and said Hmmmmmmmmm, which was supposted to be a joke considering it was what the argument was about but hey
Any why didn't you respond when I asked for clarification. And no, it wasn't a joke. You knew fully well what you were doing and you were making me look like scum. Why else would you say that without saying it was a joke at the time or after when I asked for clarification. The only reason would be to make be look bad. Even as a joke, why would you quote out of context when you knew it would make me look scummy.
This is the only time you've quoted out of context but you have repetitively taken what I have said out of context. You have done this so many times that I think it is part of your agenda to try and lynch me.
Now I disagree with this theres only one 'hypocratic' post which is the one where I was mocking you for selectively deciding not to respond to part of my post, which to be fair was actually a troll post considering I have ignored your question for a while. I find the rest of my points to be pretty alright and if they're not then explain how Inf somehow came to a similar conclusion? It doesn't matter *too* much since after all this argument is mostly 'what you say you were doing' vs 'what I think you were doing' which is just a WIFOM.
A troll post of not, it still was designed to put suspicion on me. You try to make me look bad when you are doing the same thing. And guess what, I didn't selectively choose anything, I already answered that. You're just trying to put suspicion on me. "you ignored my question for a while". You have ignored all of my questions since I asked them. And yes this does matter because you are purposefully trying to make me look scummy although you were doing thing, even though I wasn't even doing that thing in the first place!

You have also questioned by motives when I reasonably called out HK for reading too much into something when he even agreed himself he was reading too much into it. You have literally been looking through everything I've said and have tried to make me sound scummy.
I find it hard to believe that you don't have an agenda when you have twisted my words, taken things out of context purposefully, questioned my motives and coincidentally voted for me out of equally valid targets.

For having a simple suspicion of me, you have certainly tried your hardest to slander me and make me seem scummy to others. If you did not have an agenda, why would you go out of your way to try and lynch someone that you only have suspicions on?

Iggish

Reaction score
But to shift conversation back to something more useful since im 99% sure nobody except me/inf/iggish care about mine/iggish' argument, are we going to continue claiming if we're right/left-wing or not and maybe it'd be a good idea if everyone made a list of their top-4 suspicions/lynch targets like Ender has done.
No, don't shift the conversation back. You have to explain why you tried to do everything possible to make me look scummy if you didn't have an agenda.

"Something more useful". If that whole argument was useless then why did you try to do so many things to make me appear scummy, intentionally not answer my questions and take a harmless, innocent topic and twist it against me? Why would you spend so much effort on that if it was useless.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Ill join in on the suspicions sharing fun and tell you guys my suspicions of yet.
From highest to lowest:
- Aqua:
He made two questionable jumps onto Arelic and Inffy at the start, im sure people have noticed, it has been discussed quite a bit prior. This just doesnt sit right with me. However, i know Aqua has been kinda away for a few days, so we should give him some time at least to read back on the thread when he gets back and let him comment on things that happend (not necesairily involving him).

-Iggy:
I think i've shared my vibes on iggy before, but yes it could just be both notty and iggy stuck in a discussion of two townies.

-Unu:
Maybe the odd one out, since we havent seen too much of unu. He just does not seem to be on top of his game like he has been in the past (he could be away for christmas, lacking time). Not a priority pick, but posts from him this game just seemed a bit dodgy, he made some mistakes, some weird comments (iirc). Could be good to keep an eye out for him.

-Ender/ Inffy/ Notty:
this last suspicion is not worth too much. these are just the player i have decided not to trust for now (so could change easily), in contrast to the other players on the list who i've decided to trust for the time being (again, could change).

As a last point I'd like to call out to those who havent been to active lately, and try to make some posts. I know its christmas, and for some people even has been their birthday, but maybe if things get a little less busy, get on the forum and share your thoughts.

Reactions: Nottykitten

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
-Unu:
Maybe the odd one out, since we havent seen too much of unu. He just does not seem to be on top of his game like he has been in the past (he could be away for christmas, lacking time). Not a priority pick, but posts from him this game just seemed a bit dodgy, he made some mistakes, some weird comments (iirc). Could be good to keep an eye out for him.
Could you please quote the dodgy posts, weird comments and mistakes I have made?

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
"Something more useful". If that whole argument was useless then why did you try to do so many things to make me appear scummy, intentionally not answer my questions and take a harmless, innocent topic and twist it against me? Why would you spend so much effort on that if it was useless.
You do realize our argument is mostly boring for litterally everyone else(atleast I assume so) so yes I want to shift the conversation so that we're not the only ones talking in this thread. The conversation was useful when it started but it's even boring to me now that we're litterally repeating ourselves 10 times. I've already said I think you shifted your opinion to try and cover yourself because I think that you wanted to distance yourself from your flawed argument against comp. I've also already said what I think you shifted your opinion from/to. The keyword here that I don't think youre getting is 'think', as in my opinion and not fact. Whats there more to discuss(besides what I'll respond to in the quote below)? Nothing because you can post more images but it won't change my mind about me thinking you were shifting your opinion. I don't have anything more to add to this argument because I've said everything I thought and theres no new info from my side so why continue this argument.
You have to explain why you tried to do everything possible to make me look scummy if you didn't have an agenda.
Clearly you seem to feel attacked and rightiously so since I have put pressure on you, but I didn't really do everything possible to make you look scummy. I posted my arguments because I was accusing you of something. I made a joke post or two because I'm clearly hilarious.

I honestly don't get what you think I've done that is 'everything possible' to make you look scummy. The litteral only posts that come even close to making you look scummy which aren't an actual argument(it's mafia, accusations are generally used to say someone is scummy???) are the joke/troll posts. You kno the one where I quoted two words and the one where I accused you of ignoring stuff which was clearly a joke considering I was ignoring a question of yours. It is pretty obvious they're jokes(im hilarious aren't I). They hardly make you look scummy though considering one is litterally two words with 'Hmmmmmmmmmm' under it which is hardly an argument and the other is a troll hypocracy post which only really makes myself look scummy. If you seem to think these two somehow make you look scummy that's your opinion but I disagree.

but you have repetitively taken what I have said out of context.
Now that's just not true, and if you want you can look through my posts and tell me what I've taken out of context, I'm pretty sure I've provided context for almost all arguments I've made.

A troll post of not, it still was designed to put suspicion on me. You try to make me look bad when you are doing the same thing. And guess what, I didn't selectively choose anything, I already answered that.
(This is about my troll hypocracy post). Putting aside how that post makes me suspicious not you, you didn't actually answelooking back you're actually right so I do look stupid now. You said "I didn't contradict myself. Originally, the theory was flawless and then it got flawed when Rune came out as Canadian. " and I'll be honest I didn't see this which is why I made the post in the first place since I thought you actually *didn't* say anything about it. I mean in the context of you actually having said it I suppose my post doesn't really make any sense and I can see how you feel like I'm twisting stuff against you but I honestly didn't see it before. My mistake sorry.

How did I guess that there was an autocrat in the game? What are you talking about? I didn't. I guessed those people as being a possible mafia team.
Yes, guessing those people as being 'a possible mafia team' is litterally guessing there is an autocrat in this game. After a google search(since I didn't know what autocrat meant when jivvi first said it) it says kim jong un is an autocrat and you guessed he could be in the game so yes you did guess there might be an autocrat in this game. And like I said in the same post it's pretty normal someone guesses that considering this is a political game but the combination of you guessing that + that a canadian is in this game(which let's be real isn't 'common sense' as you're the only one that even brought it up/guessed it). I also said that it's probably nothing but it's still something which is more than I had on oak/ender which is why of the three I voted you.

For having a simple suspicion of me, you have certainly tried your hardest to slander me and make me seem scummy to others. If you did not have an agenda, why would you go out of your way to try and lynch someone that you only have suspicions on?
Now here is where I'm gonna use your tactics and say you're twisting my words/taking things out of context. Your 'simple suspicioun' is refering to why I voted you over oak/ender, but that clearly and obviously has not been the context/argument of my parade where I accuse you of shifting your opinion. Plus take a look around I clearly havent gone out of my way to try and lynch. I admit I might have gone a little bit overboard but that's the way I tend to play this game. Furthermore if I'm making you look so 'scummy' why have several people said that you look town?

• Disagree
Reactions: Iggish

Iggish

Reaction score
You do realize our argument is mostly boring for litterally everyone else(atleast I assume so) so yes I want to shift the conversation so that we're not the only ones talking in this thread. The conversation was useful when it started but it's even boring to me now that we're litterally repeating ourselves 10 times. I've already said I think you shifted your opinion to try and cover yourself because I think that you wanted to distance yourself from your flawed argument against comp. I've also already said what I think you shifted your opinion from/to. The keyword here that I don't think youre getting is 'think', as in my opinion and not fact. Whats there more to discuss(besides what I'll respond to in the quote below)? Nothing because you can post more images but it won't change my mind about me thinking you were shifting your opinion. I don't have anything more to add to this argument because I've said everything I thought and theres no new info from my side so why continue this argument.
Whether it's boring or not is irrelevant.
Ok, notty, actually think about this. WHY would I want to distance myself? It wasn't making me look scummy as I actually had decent reasons. What would I have to gain by shifting my opinion? What would I have to gain by lying in the first place? You say it's to distance myself form Comp but why would that benefit me???
I honestly don't get what you think I've done that is 'everything possible' to make you look scummy. The litteral only posts that come even close to making you look scummy which aren't an actual argument(it's mafia, accusations are generally used to say someone is scummy???) are the joke/troll posts. You kno the one where I quoted two words and the one where I accused you of ignoring stuff which was clearly a joke considering I was ignoring a question of yours. It is pretty obvious they're jokes(im hilarious aren't I). They hardly make you look scummy though considering one is litterally two words with 'Hmmmmmmmmmm' under it which is hardly an argument and the other is a troll hypocracy post which only really makes myself look scummy. If you seem to think these two somehow make you look scummy that's your opinion but I disagree.
I've already said why I think you have an agenda and have done everything scummy, it's not only two things you've done, but more.
Why wouldn't you clarify that I you were joking after I obviously took it seriously unless you wanted to make me look scummy by overreacting?
And it's not obvious that they're jokes, which you were obviously made aware of when I posted but you deemed it not important enough to respond to.
Now that's just not true, and if you want you can look through my posts and tell me what I've taken out of context, I'm pretty sure I've provided context for almost all arguments I've made.
You have taken things out of context because you have focused a lot on when I said little and small when it was in another context, which I explained but you then thought I was lying.
Yes, guessing those people as being 'a possible mafia team' is litterally guessing there is an autocrat in this game. After a google search(since I didn't know what autocrat meant when jivvi first said it) it says kim jong un is an autocrat and you guessed he could be in the game so yes you did guess there might be an autocrat in this game. And like I said in the same post it's pretty normal someone guesses that considering this is a political game but the combination of you guessing that + that a canadian is in this game(which let's be real isn't 'common sense' as you're the only one that even brought it up/guessed it). I also said that it's probably nothing but it's still something which is more than I had on oak/ender which is why of the three I voted you.
By that I meant that I didn't guess there wasn't an autocratic role in the game. I didn't know what autocratic meant either. Still, I guessed them as part of a mafia team, not third party.
Now here is where I'm gonna use your tactics and say you're twisting my words/taking things out of context. Your 'simple suspicioun' is refering to why I voted you over oak/ender, but that clearly and obviously has not been the context/argument of my parade where I accuse you of shifting your opinion. Plus take a look around I clearly havent gone out of my way to try and lynch. I admit I might have gone a little bit overboard but that's the way I tend to play this game. Furthermore if I'm making you look so 'scummy' why have several people said that you look town?
It started off as a simple suspicion and then you jumped on the first chance to make me look bad when you made it seem weird that I had guessed Canada and so on.
Yeah ok, whatever, I'd be willing to leave it as we're just going in circles unless someone has something else to say. There're still a few things which I don't understand like why you didn't respond for the other questions but I'll just give you the benefit of the doubt.

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten