Pokemon X and Y

mariosatr

Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
Which pokemon do you wanna see return in X and Y? So far, we've seen Magikarp, Golurk, Munchlax, Kirlia, Pansear, Patrat, Pikachu, Litwick, Psyduck, Weavile, Audino, Mienfoo and Dratini in the trailer, as well as a Palpitoad and Eevee in a statue, so assuming that everything in the trailer is pre-national dex, then their families are already normally found, What others do you guys hope are gonna be in it?

I want the Spheal, Numel, Joltik, and Houndour families in the game.
I want the Ampharos one back. Besides the fact that it's badass, from my experiences it's a solid Pokemon at least early on. Also, Excadrill, simple because it's OP as heck but not even pseudo-legendary.

Reactions: Swate

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com
Mm tl;dr the whole thread so not sure if someone already said this buht

X and Y probably represent the co-ordinate planes, with an eventual Pokèmon Z remake to mean the third dimension - after all it's the first super duper 3D Pokèmon game. No doubt the evil peoples in the games will be trying to "make the world 2D" or something like that xD

• Haha
Reactions: Oak Milk

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score

X and Y probably represent the co-ordinate planes, with an eventual Pokèmon Z remake to mean the third dimension - after all it's the first super duper 3D Pokèmon game. No doubt the evil peoples in the games will be trying to "make the world 2D" or something like that xD
Well, not first 3D game x)
All the console games hehe
Also the X and Y probably represent chromosomes as DNA helix are in the title.

• Agree
Reactions: JKangaroo

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score

Even though a lot of the Pokemon Organizations/Teams like Team Galactic, Aqua, Magma, etc all had some fairly bad reasons for performing whatever actions were occurring during that game and region in itself, but saying "making the world 2D" would somewhat break the 4th-wall, dontcha think?
And the world was "technically" in 3-D, since that is how it would have actually looked if Pokemon was real-life, but I am hoping the Evil-Team, if there is one at all, has a really good storyline, and really good themes because honestly, I feel spoiled as Team Plasma's music was quite good.

We did talk about the idea that the X/Y (though it's probably just because that's how the Legendaries are shaped like), could possibly represent or hold some idea that they are examples of DNA chromosomes.
I still think it could be Pokemon Fusion (read my posts a couple of posts ago for more detailed theory).
But it could be anything really.
But Defiant_Blob I couldn't find a DNA Helix in the Title.
EDIT: Had to look at a picture of the 3-D logo over the flat 2-D version to find the rainbow DNA helix. Nevermind.

Kind of hoping they don't do a Pokemon Z though---
And I kind of Hope they don't pull a Pokemon B/W 2 unless the storyline is extremely good and they add an especially good amount of new areas/content to actually make me go through the same reason again.

• Agree
Reactions: Swate

JKangaroo

Reaction score
Oh, plus, as it pretty much DOES look like the X/Y are chromosomes, as there is no Z chromosomes unless it involves the animal life-cycle where Z/W replaces X/Y.
Perhaps it will be something similar to Black and White 2 where X/Y are the first games, then Z/W represents a possible sequel similar to Black and White 2?
Perhaps.
It seems like a potential idea.

Anyways, I do want
-Duskull
-So happy Ralts/Kirlia are in it.
-Cubone Family
-Drifblim or Gengar seems good, though I'll probably use Litwick unless another Fire looks better
-Possibly Nidoking/Nidoqueen
-Lotad
-Not sure about any others.

Brave

Reaction score
I want:
Ralts,
Rioulu,
Elekid
and others I forgot
Even though I'm going to choose X because it's like for boys....?
Y's legendary is badass.

JKangaroo

Reaction score
I want:
Ralts,
Rioulu,
Elekid
and others I forgot
Even though I'm going to choose X because it's like for boys....?
Y's legendary is badass.
Don't get how X is for "boys"
Unless you mean for the chromosomes idea: Then XX is for Female, and XY is for male, so its not really for "boys" so to speak.

Now that I look at it, Kind of Don't want Rioulu in the initial story.
Though I do want Beldum... I rarely ever use Metagross and I loved having him in Black/White 2-- Though It was extremely far into the game.
Never actually used Elekid or his Evolved counter-parts. Perhaps I'll use Electrivire if there are no particular Electric pokemon I like. (Or I'll just get a grass type ;) )

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com
I want the Fennekin family's final stage to be dual Fire-Steel or something like that.

Also, the families/Pokèmon I'd like to see return: Unown (collect ALL the Unown!), Beldum (who doesn't find it intimidating), Combee (hell yes Vespiquen), Scyther ('nuff said), Ralts (whee), Nosepass (underrated imo, nostril hair ftw).

I'm certain there are more, I just can't recall right away which of the 649 currently existing Pokèmon I'd like to see come back 0.o

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
And then the fox starts spewing water everywhere and Frokken uses leaf storm.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IS EMOLGA IN THIS ONE I WANT EMOLGA

nitasu987

Reaction score
Defiant_Blob NO NO NO NO NO NO. But It's a nice drawing.
Still, Fennekin seems so Fire/Psychic to me.

I don't want any pokes to come back until the postgame like in BW. And I'm playing X first to get the hang of it, and then Y to go all bad-ash (see what I did there? Bad Ash. As in Ash Ketchum.)

JKangaroo

Reaction score
Ugh, ANOTHER Eevee evolution?
Honestly, I know Eevee seems to be a favourite amoung peoples and such...
But I'm just tired of Eevee and their evolutions.
I rarely used any of them and besides Umbreon/Espeon, I've never really cared for them either way.
I for one, was fairly glad there were no Eevee-lutions back when Unova was announced.

But--- If it has to be, I hope that it'll have a new type.
Light seems good, as Defiant said.
They do have "Dark" essentially. I guess a "Light" wouldn't hurt though the idea of a Light pokemon sounds kind of weird ._.

Still hoping on that Pokemon-Fusion theory I had earlier.

• Agree
Reactions: Brave and Vatowski

Vatowski

Reaction score
Ugh, ANOTHER Eevee evolution?
Honestly, I know Eevee seems to be a favourite amoung peoples and such...
But I'm just tired of Eevee and their evolutions.
I rarely used any of them and besides Umbreon/Espeon, I've never really cared for them either way.
I for one, was fairly glad there were no Eevee-lutions back when Unova was announced.

But--- If it has to be, I hope that it'll have a new type.
Light seems good, as Defiant said.
They do have "Dark" essentially. I guess a "Light" wouldn't hurt though the idea of a Light pokemon sounds kind of weird ._.

Still hoping on that Pokemon-Fusion theory I had earlier.
I totally agree. I loved Eevee when it was only Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon. Now they are seriously just bugging me with the other evolutions... Grass? Ice? Come on give me a break...

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Guiz Eevee is too cool to not have more evolutions.
With more pokemon types come more evolutions. I mean, Espeon is still going to be best eevelution NA, but atleast there's more variety on top of what we already have.

Reactions: Brave

eviltomb

Reaction score
I think this new eevee will be a normal type. it doesn't give a vibe of anything but normal. just putting this here. it's name is sylveon

also vaporeon for the win!