OOC Wonderful Minds Discussion

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Popping in here, I'm just gonna remind everyone that various tests have proven that children are much more imaginative than adults. Considering this world is a lucid dream which each character can control, I'd say Kat and Kait might actually have an advantage over Tyrone - especially because there's 2 of them. Of course they wouldn't want to kill him, but they can protect themselves. <3

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Popping in here, I'm just gonna remind everyone that various tests have proven that children are much more imaginative than adults. Considering this world is a lucid dream which each character can control, I'd say Kat and Kait might actually have an advantage over Tyrone - especially because there's 2 of them. Of course they wouldn't want to kill him, but they can protect themselves. <3
Fiesta couldn't exactly kill them in any case, sure, and your point is valid as well.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
My character's name is Markus. He's 45 years old and because I'm really bad at creating visual stuff I'm just using Michael De Santa for his appearance XD

I want to keep most of him a mystery so I won't say anything about his problem or anything, but he's quite moody/grumpy and sees the younger characters as annoying kids :p I hope this is enough? XD

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
Leeeet me just quote something I find relevant

"You killed a child," she said sharply, knowing as she said it that she should be keeping her mouth shut, going along with the pretense that she didn't think Sebastian was a monster. But Max. He was alive in her head as if it were the first time she'd ever seen him, asleep on a sofa at the Institute with a book in his lap and his glasses askew on his small face. "That's not something you can be forgiven for, ever."

-Page 255; Ascribe All Sin; City of Lost Souls; The Mortal Instruments

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Leeeet me just quote something I find relevant

"You killed a child," she said sharply, knowing as she said it that she should be keeping her mouth shut, going along with the pretense that she didn't think Sebastian was a monster. But Max. He was alive in her head as if it were the first time she'd ever seen him, asleep on a sofa at the Institute with a book in his lap and his glasses askew on his small face. "That's not something you can be forgiven for, ever."

The page number may actually differ depending on which print of the book you're using, so your quote may be inaccurate.

I'd recommend citing the chapter instead of the page.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Uh, guys

We're not actually discussing if Fiesta has permission to try and hurt/torture/whatever children, are we? This is part of his character, not doing it would be like Putin driving to Ukraine and handing out candy canes and flowers to Ukrainian soldiers.

Read RP thread, nvm.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Oh btw is the whole RP going to be in one single dream or will we wake up from time to time as well? I understand that the dreams are going to be the main part, but are we going to have real life events as well?

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Oh btw is the whole RP going to be in one single dream or will we wake up from time to time as well? I understand that the dreams are going to be the main part, but are we going to have real life events as well?
So here's how it's going to go down (flexible and open for suggestions):

This will be split into a First and Second Arc. In the first arc, we will all be trapped inside this dreamscape. The dreamscape is pretty much a huge mishmash of dreams that apply to each of us. People can randomly switch to certain dreams involuntarily (whether it applies to them or someone they're near). In the meantime, people will interact with each other and try to escape the dream (I will be PMing some of you for how to escape the dream, it's still an unfinished idea). That's pretty much how it will go down in the first arc; traveling through dreams, solving puzzles and surviving nightmares, etc., and trying to escape the dream. Some people will wake up sooner than others, but when they do, there will be real life events (but we don't all conveniently live next to each other). That's the Second Arc. Those in real life can feel free to continue how they want, but they should still have dreams where they meet each other - even if both have woken up or one is still trapped. Eventually, in the Second Arc, the origin of the dreams and everyone's connection to each other will be revealed (something that we have yet to figure out and discuss).

TL;DR the First Arc will be us trying to survive and escape the dreams, while learning about ourselves. The Second Arc will have us in real life, making our lives better from what we learned, and figuring out the truth of everything.

I probably explained that really badly and unattractively. If you guys have questions, PM me x3

EDIT: NOTE: Since these spots are filling up really fast, depending on how many more people apply, I'll probably raise the amount of Dreamers (because right now it says 14 and we have like 12 already).

Last edited:

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
We're not actually discussing if Fiesta has permission to try and hurt/torture/whatever children, are we? This is part of his character, not doing it would be like Putin driving to Ukraine and handing out candy canes and flowers to Ukrainian soldiers.
Heheh, don't worry. I always ask the owners of the characters if I can anyway before I break their limbs.

Man, I shoulda add 'cannibalism' to the list...

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Heheh, don't worry. I always ask the owners of the characters if I can anyway before I break their limbs.

Man, I shoulda add 'cannibalism' to the list...
Also make sure there's a reasonable backstory/a game plan, the point of forcing everyone to have flaws is so they can fix them in the end c: (although I understand that the ASPD part is something that can't be fixed and that's fine)

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Also make sure there's a reasonable backstory/a game plan, the point of forcing everyone to have flaws is so they can fix them in the end c: (although I understand that the ASPD part is something that can't be fixed and that's fine)
That 'Cannibalism' was a joke ^^

While it can't permanently be fixed, Tyrone can see the 'error of his ways' and attempt to make an effort to live with it normally.

• Thank You
Reactions: S_swimmer

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Hey Swimmer.
I was wondering, Would we be able to add pictures to SOME of our threads? I mean, Don't add them to ALL of your threads but maybe a few?

Just and Idea :p
-Jenben101

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
The page number may actually differ depending on which print of the book you're using, so your quote may be inaccurate.

I'd recommend citing the chapter instead of the page.
Can you read
HEY I WONDER
-Page 255; Ascribe All Sin; City of Lost Souls
WHAT COULD THIS THING BETWEEN THE PAGE NUMBER AND THE BOOK TITLE BE
Ascribe All Sin
I DON'T KNOW
Ascribe All Sin
PERHAPS IT'S THE CHAPTER TITLE

• Dislike
Reactions: Hunter