The End of an Era

Kattzen

Kattzen!
Reaction score
A lot of posts since my reserved post. Decided I would just create a new post.

Time for some reminiscing...

[Zombie]
Back in October 2010, I never expected I would be where I was today. I started out as a guy who barely said anything in the server. When I did, it was nothing important. Something kept pulling me back onto the server. I wanted to keep playing. To see all of the regulars that got used to seeing my face on there. Soon, I was persuaded, indirectly, to apply for trusted on there. It all started when a discussion about trusted came up. I believe it was FearTheHunter, a VetOp at the time, who said that he would reference me for trusted even though he didn't know I wanted to apply. As a trusted, I was like any other trusted. I helped out where I could and so on and so forth. I remember trying to connect for up to 15 minutes. Just refreshing the page because the server was almost always full.

Then I was promoted to Op. I was overjoyed by this. No longer would I have to wait for a spot to open for me to get in. Staffing on Zombie was my most memorable experiences on Blocktopia by far, whether or not I've said differently. With IntensiK being the current HC at the time, he was someone I looked up to. He always seemed to know what he was doing and that was admirable. Staffing alongside him and many other staff members was amazing. It's something I haven't forgotten about today.

Eventually, I was promoted to VetOp. I had never had thought that I would actually be able to get that far in the ranks, and I was grateful for the promotion. To be one of the few VetOps at the time was, to me, was something that was to be proud about. Much fun was had with the fellow staff and things continued onward for the server. I remember, one night, when nill got promoted to Controller. While, I must admit, I was striving for the rank, I was very happy for nill. To see nill today as a Director is just as awesome.

But all things come to an end... I had to resign after about a year and a half of staffing on zombie. (Probably more)
Now, it's a year later and the server that I spent over 700 hours on, is going down. While it saddens me to see it gone, the memories of the server will stay with me for years to come. I'd like to thank the staff members, all of them, for your work and dedication that was put into such a lovely server. I'd also like to thank some of the old staff for some of the best times on Blocktopia thus far. Even though it seems tough, you guys can handle it.

Chin up, it only gets better from here.
Thanks for people who actually took the time to read my ramblings. c:

AvantGarde

Reaction score
I'm tearing up as I type this...

The zombie classic server has had a huge impact on my life. It gave me a place to forget the bad things going on in my life, it helped me grow a lot as a person and it let me meet many lovely and amazing people. I've made friends who I couldn't imagine my life without. This was more than a simple game of tag, it was something really special.

I want to say a big thanks to all of the many staff we've had over the years, your hard work made the place what it was. The players too, you guys were awesome.

Thanks for everything guys. I'll hold this time in my life and this wonderful server in my heart for the rest of my life.

Jeercrul

Reaction score
Website
steamcommunity.com
I still remember the first time I logged into the server. It was a great experience. And the first time I got banned for being too naughty.
I half-expected this sort of thing to come, seeing how Mojang fucked up the classic servers, but I always tried putting this negative thought at the back of my head. Well my fears did come true, and sadly enough, it will be on my birthday. My birthday this year will definitely be one of the most memorable ones - the closing of the classic servers which is also my second home. Zombie will be, and always be my favourite. So much positive changes have happened to the server over the years and so much memories, be it positive or negative. I'll definitely miss many of the people who hang out on classic, even though I rarely interacted much. Last night, while zombie was stuck and being the only player online, I tried out the other zombie servers. What I can say is that nothing can ever beat the experience I had on the classic servers. Absolutely nothing. All good things will definitely disappear one day. But memories won't and never will. Thank you Blocktopia for this unforgettable experience <3

LizzzyxD

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
We all knew it was coming. Alot of classic dieing was from Minecraft.net's constant crashing, moving classic off the main page, the whole error with skins, and then whole thing with WoM. I never played lava much, but zombie was my life for a while during the summer. One of my first statuses "i played zombie survival for like 8 hours straight, 30 minute break, then like 8 more hours... addiction? x_x" haha :)

Reactions: AvantGarde

ZombiePineapple

The Hell Raiser
Reaction score
Wow.....I never thought that zombie and lava would be closed a week after TNT was closed. Man, I had a great two years with this community and TNT was one of the first servers I joined. Then came Zombie and Lava. In my all my life, I never thought I would see it. Yes it was inevitable.

I could go on for a little bit longer but guess what I am not I only have 6 things to say

THANK YOU ZOMBIE!

THANK YOU LAVA!

And as for other things I will just put this here

Reason: Because we don't need to worry about what happens to the classic staff for that is for the admins and others to decide and I trust them 100% completely with it

JohnOgozalek

Forever Shining
Reaction score
''It was the best of time, it was the worst of times...

Scratch that, it was the best. I'll never forget zombies, and all of the good folk that made it a home. Thanks to everyone from the players, to the Administrators, for making classic what it was. It was a blast, I'll see you all on Premium!

Reactions: mariosatr

gay vampire

Little Miss Organs
Reaction score
Before I found Lava Survival, I was just an average 9-10 year old. I had the maturity of a 10 year old. My sense of humour was not funny. My typing was terrible. I had p, quite literally, one friend who I played with at school. I had other friends, but I only talked to them for about a few minutes, and some of them even tried to avoid me. I was not fun.

On March 4th 2011, I discovered lava. It was so much fun! I played for a little while and logged off. I got active for a little while and when I got builder (from other people's donations, it took like a month for me to rank up xD), I took a huuuuge break from lava. I didn't think it was my home so much, just a fun place to stay.

In August-September, I remembered the server, so I decided to check it out again. Boy, it was fun! I stayed and met many people, and what surprised me the most is that I made friends with them! This was all awesome for me. Now, I started to aim for trusted, like my other friends. I started to fix my typing. I started to become weird, I didn't start to become mature though. I started to backseat op and get told off for it, and my app got denied. All my other friends were ready for it, though--and they were amazing staff members!

I took a break from lava, and then one day, I remembered it and returned to it. I grew more mature, watching other players and staff joke around and have fun. I started to join in! This started my sense of humor, I started being weird, I started being fun! I was having a lot of fun! Lava started feeling like my second home, where I have all these friends, and they all like me. I applied for trusted and got accepted, promoted to op, get stressed out, resigned, applied, promoted, promoted, and lava was truly joyful for me; I loved making other people laugh and myself laugh, and it was so much fun to staff, as I could actually help players! And then I got promoted to where I am now. When I got promoted, I started talking to sploorky more, and map editing with him was fun.

Lava is like my home. I love it so much. And though I knew this was coming, I never truly believed it would end. But, nothing stays forever, and all of the best rides must come to a stop, all of the best amusement parks must finally close. And lava has lasted so much longer then he other classic servers, and has seen numerous servers open and shut down. But while it was here, I had so much fun. I learned what I liked to do, I made a ton of new friends and my current best friend who, though we live countries apart, we Skype everyday. I made a lot of friends, and I had a lot of fun. Don't be sad because an experience ended; be happy that it happened.

And after all that, I just wanted to say, thank you, all the previous and current lava staff. Every time you joined and leaved it changed me slightly, and I have so much good memories with you all. You all changed lava, at least slightly. You all helped lava. You all helped me. You all helped me and lava grow, from a sprout to a tree. Thank you. Thank you so much. It's is amazing.

After lava is gone, what will I do? I don't know! But I know I will continue having fun and making good memories with you guys, that's for sure. I'll have to find a new server, but there will never be one like lava.

Thank you. Don't be sad because and experience is over, be happy that it happened.

DO NOT TL;DR THIS POST. READ ALL OF IT.

Sephhh

Supermegauber Foxy Fox!
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
This is quite sad for me, even though I've moved on to TNT already. I started playing lava survival last 2011, and through my stay I met a couple of great people, as well as the staff and old trusted buddies, then I became op and been tnt trusted at the same time, and I really had fun! :). Although I had to quit minecraft for awhile, I decided to come back last year and I was somehow able to rekindle my interest, despite the problems I have in school, etc.

I expected this to come, but not so soon!
Farewell, classic

• Love
Reactions: AvantGarde
Reaction score
Website
souncloud.com
This is the single most emotion crushing thread I've ever seen. I didn't expect this to come to a close. All those wonderful times will be etched into our hearts forever. My last wish before this shuts down is to atleast play a final game of Zombie, ending it like I started it. Zombie was a home I had away from home. The countless hours I spent helped me cope with my personal life. Now, I have nothing. Zombie leaving will be the death of me. AoD isn't the same as Classic no matter how you put it. I'm going to spend this night upset and try to walk it off.
Goodbye Zombie and Lava.

One one two

Per aspera ad astra
Donor
Reaction score
I suppose I ought to drop in here. I'll keep this short and won't get too sentimental, but would like to extend my thanks and gratitude to all of the people throughout the years who made the Classic servers the great experience that they were. We had a one hell of a run, and although I may have spent a little too much time on Zombies over the past couple of years, it sure was enjoyable.

• Love
  • Thank You
Reactions: Jowe and AvantGarde

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com
Oh man... RIP Classic servers. Never EVER gonna forget them.

I don't know what to say. I really don't. ;_; Zombie Survival was and is a big part of my life, and I really would like to extend my gratitude to everyone involved in the healthy maintenance of the Classic servers. It was a good run. :)

• Love
Reactions: Jowe and AvantGarde
D

Deleted member 4601

I still remember the time when I first joined blocktopia. It was fun, and I just loved it. Minecraft classic, especially blocktopia, was the source of all fun and joy.

Yet everything that begins will end. Same goes for the blocktopia classic servers. Since the closing of the TNT wars classic, I was expecting this, but not so soon.

Yet, I still have to face the truth. All that starts well ends well, and my best wishes go to the wonderful people I have met on the two servers.

However, I am going to stay faithful this this community. I will come onto teamspeak occasionally, and will still be active on the forums.

Meanwhile, I would be joining other classic communities, while trying to get premium.

Farewell, classic blocktopia.
All the best.

• Love
Reactions: Notme and Spencer75
Reaction score
God, when I first saw the title I thought that GmK was resigning... at-least that didn't happen :)

Geez, I never thought I'd actually get emotional once this time came (Because we all knew it would come pretty soon), but gosh darn it I am. Even though I transferred to premium such a long time ago, my roots still hold back to classic... all the way to the very beginning, at it's inception. Even though premium really is amazing and fun and developed, all I can think of is all the things that I miss from classic and all the great times I had.

I miss the Old lava survival that had to be reset every map.

I miss the first zombie survival that constantly needed supervising and had hackers everywhere.

I miss patrolling the zombie servers and lava servers, laughing with friends and dealing "harsh justice".

I miss thinking that the classic build server code was advanced minecraft and marvelling at the amazing structures people could build with such so little blocks.

I miss holding "parties" on no-build on zombie and (abusing) to create random obstacle course and shenanigans.

I miss all these small, cute moments that could only have occurred with classic.

I'm horrible with letting go of things, no matter how detached I am from them. But what one thing I learnt is that, every rose has it's thorn is a horrible saying. It should be:
Every thorn has it's rose​
The end of classic, comes with a new age of premium. I remember thinking that premium sucked and ruined MC (a while back), but it really has evolved into something special, something classic could never be. Now starts something that I think can surpass it's classic brother. It's a sad moment, but also a happy one; happy because we are allowing ourselves to grow and change into something even more amazing :)​
Goodbye TheOnes, Hello Blocktopia.​

Faliara

Reaction score
When I first came to Blocktopia, it was on Lava Classic, 21st of July, 2012.

Lava Classic is my heart and soul. You'll probably never hear me in servers after it shuts down, but I'll still be on the forums.

I made a lot of memories on the servers, and I really, REALLY wish that it wouldn't go down.

I would go on Teamspeak, but I don't know how. I think it requires a mic...? Then you'll never see me there.

I'm still clinging on to false hope that someone will donate a giftcode after it shuts down, but I don't want to trouble anyone.

That is my bio on Lava Survival.

This is my last message to Lava.

Thanks for all the memories, Lava and Zombie... I'll never forget you two.

Adieu.