The End of an Era

mythelf

Reaction score
Even though I missed most of the classic servers awesome days, I was always remember zombies as a place filled with good memories and people. I had been expecting this, but I am still crying over this. It was a wonderful time.

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
4. will staff be moved?
If I read the thread right, there still discussing that.

I think the current plan is to fit in staff where we can, Premium directors have been given heads up and should (hopefully) open up a handful of spots to make classic staff home. In the event that any classic staff have an interest in staffing build server (its pretty laid back/eventless in comparison with the other servers), shoot me a pm.

• Informative
Reactions: Pick Yer Poison

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
4. will staff be moved?
If I read the thread right, there still discussing that.

I think the current plan is to fit in staff where we can, Premium directors have been given heads up and should (hopefully) open up a handful of spots to make classic staff home. In the event that any classic staff have an interest in staffing build server (its pretty laid back/eventless in comparison with the other servers), shoot me a pm.
What about Directors of classic servers? Or same applies here too?

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
Lava was very much my gateway into Blocktopia. I dread to think how much time I have spent on it over these years, but I still don't regret a single moment.

I'm glad to see that you are all understanding of the situation. I know for a fact that making the decision was extremely difficult, especially when classic has been a big part of not only the admin's, but also the whole community's life. I commend both the classic directors and the administritive team for making such a tough decision.

Many of my best moments were had there, on lava. I still want a few more. Arai, Greg, piggy, genda and all you other awesome people. One last round? c;

Guinessis

Reaction score
What...the....fuck.....Seriously?

I demand AoD be more like Classic Zombies or riot!
All of the mechanics are in place - AoD even has some of the same maps. If the classic zombie playerbase wants to make a few maps that encourage zombie mechanics, I'll be more than happy to help with the configs to make them work. Turn off fall damage, make hunters unkillable, and give hunters Strength X for one-shot kills.

AoD has a lot of versatility, the players just need to set things up.

Dio4344

Reaction score
Blocktopia zombie survival was the first server I logged into, now it's gone, I don't have multiplayer premium so it looks like I can't go on any of your servers, I'm asking for a laptop for my birthday which is on May 4th and I'm asking for a laptop that runs on multiplayer premium. MAY 4th PLEASE COME QUICKLY!!!!

_4_

Reaction score

All of the mechanics are in place - AoD even has some of the same maps. If the classic zombie playerbase wants to make a few maps that encourage zombie mechanics, I'll be more than happy to help with the configs to make them work. Turn off fall damage, make hunters unkillable, and give hunters Strength X for one-shot kills.

AoD is NOTHING like Classic Zombies.

Spencer75

Reaction score
Like a lot of members here, Lava was what introduced me to Blocktopia 2 and a half years ago. I've had many great and fun memories with the community in that time spread over 3 accounts. It's sad to see them go but I could see something like this coming, as both servers were never as full as they used to be a year ago. :/

Just want to say a big thank you to both the current and ex-staff of both servers for their services to both the servers and the community as a whole. It's been great fun guys, see you on the premium servers. <3

• Agree
Reactions: Notme

Guinessis

Reaction score

AoD is NOTHING like Classic Zombies.
I'm just trying to help. If you're not interested in premium, that's fine.

Either way, continuing in the spirit of the thread. Classic Zombie was my first server, and definitely still the server that I've spent the most time on. It was great fun building, playing, and reffing with the community. We'll always have our folders of screenshots and IRC logs.

I'm sorry to see it go, and wish that we could magically restore things to the days that the server was always packed and you had to spam connect to get a spot. So it goes.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score

I personally have to disagree. AoD is premium PvP, where if I'm cornered my 3 people and have the right stuff/am good enough I'll still come out on top. With zombies its always find the best route to escape the horde and live, or make a parkour map. I also understand making maps more fit to the zombies play style but how often will the maps come up in the voting? If I want to play zombies I want to play zombies, not play AoD and pray a zombies map comes up.

_4_

Reaction score

I personally have to disagree. AoD is premium PvP, where if I'm cornered my 3 people and have the right stuff/am good enough I'll still come out on top. With zombies its always find the best route to escape the horde and live, or make a parkour map. I also understand making maps more fit to the zombies play style but how often will the maps come up in the voting? If I want to play zombies I want to play zombies, not play AoD and pray a zombies map comes up.

It's not that AoD isn't like Zombies, but they call it "The Premium Zombie Server." If they want to have AoD I don't see a problem with it, just don't call it the premium version of zombies.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
I had a great time on Zombie. It was where my Blocktopian adventure had begun.

But, everything has an hourglass, and the sands of time says that time's up for our classic servers. They played their parts, giving us a brilliant moment of its time.

I met some great people on Zombie. Some people who are still here, some people who aren't anymore. But time's moved on, so I suppose we should, too.

Just be glad that Blocktopia's still here. We're a great community, and we're still in business. If you don't have premium, and can't afford it... Well, the forums are still a great place to be... Just be sure to enjoy these next five days, my friends.

(Also, if there was a Zombie Premium that was less PvP oriented, and more of a tag game [Like the Classic Zombie Survival] then it would be quite brilliant.)

Txboy1234

Reaction score

To make AOD ANYTHING like zombies it would require a complete overhaul of the server. It is nothen like zombies...

Now to the real news, I am not shocked at all this happened but I didn't expect it to be this damn quick. I have to say I enjoyed every bit of being a player/staff of that server, from the first op I knew there (Cliffy1000) to the final op promoted (mario) and to everyone inbetween. Everything wasn't perfect, we all had our ups and downs but we moved on from it and that's what made these servers greats.

I'm just sad that these newer ops never got to experience the full enjoyment of reffing a full server which was some of the most fun I ever had on it. At times when it was at it's peak the chat would go so fast you could hardly keep up with it. Man I am going to miss this server.

Atleast I was able to get 10k kills total before it closes down. :)

Reactions: _4_

TubaRiver

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
This is quite sad. I first came to blocktopia thanks to the lovely zombie classic server, all those years ago.

Now i can't even connect to classic anything cause my computer is evil..... lol
Still, Classic was fun and quite nostalgic for when i needed a breather from premium.

All i can say now is, adios clasico y gracias por los recuerdos.

• Agree
Reactions: ealev