The End of an Era

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
The basic fact is, the population of people playing classic is dwindling, be it from getting bored or buying the full version. Its sad to see it go, but its not a surprise.
As for the servers, RoF is very much just an over glorified classic, so if you have premium, there really isn't too much of a loss there. But zombie isn't replicated at all. AoD is kinda close, but its still not really "zombie".
I haven't been playing classic in the past few months, but to those of you who still do, for whatever reason, you show you are dedicated, and waited it out till the end.
GoodBye, classic. :'(

_4_

Reaction score

I had a feeling this was imminent, but when I read this, it felt like my heart stopped for a moment. When I was operator, I wouldn't have ever thought of the zombie server (or any of the other classic servers) closing; it was out of the question for me. We had some of the best classic servers out there, and I say that with much certainty. We had/have excellent staff, excellent players, excellent developers. Everything. So it seemed like it wouldn't happen...for a long time.

This saddens me of course. But I also feel content. This just reminds me of all the friends I've made. All of the memories I've created. And all of the fun I've had. I would just love to see the players in the poster above play on the zombie server again, before it closes. I know it would be amazing. (Hint, hint. Let's organize something to try to make this happen.)
Wow...That was the exact lineup from when I joined. I remember there were a TON of Vetops then they all got demoted lol. Actually first people I recall seeing when I first ever logged onto Zombie Survival was Airkid , LetterP Later_Gator Damer_Flinn Awwwyea . Those are the ones I have earliest memories of. Then there's also lily97 and theredshark, but sadly lily doesnt remember me lol. I first started out playing as Geniside back in July 13, 2011 but now hardly anyone still remembers me as that. Anyways I'd have long inactive periods but I always loved the server. Even though I never staff'd or anything :(

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Much respect goes to Classic. I was one of the first to staff there, and I know that I feel an undeniable kinship with all of my former Lava and Zombie staff. In this future, I hope and pray we can adapt and flourish in this time.

I remember when we had only 1 Premium server, and now we shall have only Premium servers. Yes, it was inevitable, but that does not soften the blow that is hitting every single one of us.

oliver56bird

Reaction score
I now know why GmK made the "Oh no!" rating.

But in all seriousness, I wouldn't be who I am today if it wasnt for classic lava. I have so many great memories, and have meant so many fantastic people. Thank you to everyone who made that possible.

• Haha
Reactions: nitasu987

MikeTang

Lego Block Op
Reaction score
Though this one has not been to a classic server for longer than 20 minutes, it has been a pleasure. The staff members were nice, so brave, and strangers (to me) R.I.P Classic servers.

ReyvnNova

"Come buy our orchard fruits, Come buy, come buy~"
Reaction score
Zombie Survival. The experiences. The people.

Ah. I guess most everything has already been covered. That server made me a better man, I think. I'll miss creating maps for such a beast. Catch you on the flipside o7

Related;

Mikey

The Pig
Reaction score
Joining around July 2009 - I thoroughly enjoyed my time on Classic, particularly Blocktopia's servers. I saw this community being born - on the classic server, I saw Head Controllers come and go - and met some of the greatest people I will come to ever know.

I'm deeply upset about this - but you cannot avoid the inevitable, it was obviously coming.

It was a wonderful, joyous ride, which took up 4 years of my life and I'll dearly hang onto those memories for a long time.

And now to use my favorite quote,

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

namelessgirl

Reaction score
The people on classic were truly amazing people. I can name at least five right now that made a difference in my experience online. I, personally, will continue onto a premium server. I hope many of my fellow zombie survival Trusted+ plan to do the same, as they are all amazing in my eyes.

Personally, I cried for ten minutes after Solis broke the news to me when I logged in. For the next few days, I will be playing as much as humanly (or zombily) possible so that I will be as content as I can when it finally closes.

And I would like to thank each and everyone person who played on zombies for the amazing memories. If it had remained open until the end of May, I would've played for an entire year. However, that one year was an amazing ride that made me cry, laugh, and above all, survive. I am grateful that at least I am leaving as a trusted.

Thanks for the truly amazing times. See you at premium.

D

dil

Well, though this hadn't come to me as much of a surprise, my feelings are that as of remorse. Remorse knowing not contributing to the server when it needed it most means I was apart of the problem. Feelings of sadness. Sadness for all the memories I've had on this server and people I've met indeed helped shape my personality. And the most bold feeling, hurt. Hurt knowing this place I went to bring me joy, this place where I met all these amazing people, this place I spent 600+ fucking hours of my life on... it's going to disappear... and I can't do anything to stop it... But yet, as time is going on, I'm beginning to think more of the matter, I start to feel relieved. Relieved knowing the future of this server won't just be it as another empty server with no fun, no conflict, no life. I start to feel happiness. Happiness knowing people got to share the same joy I had while playing on this server, knowing some of these people I've gotten to call my friends, knowing I probably would just be some asshole on the internet spamming YouTube videos with "OPPA GANGNAM STYLE!!1" if it wasn't for this server and those people. And my new most bold feeling, remedied. Remedied knowing that if this wasn't ended now, it would have been a lot worse, knowing this could have happened a year from now with no one even caring. Though, it was made clear that things weren't going to get any better, and so it was also made clear to the Blocktopians that an end was as near as it was necessary. Therefore, the end was made true and was put into action, and I want the heartbreak to leave with it, the server. So just stop the bad feelings from coming through, wipe off those tears, and continue to remember. Remember what was important, remember what once made you happy, remember those people, remember these games, remember how the beginning made you feel, remember how the end made you feel. Remember, and these servers' legacies will live on. And most importantly, remember to stay sexy, [Blocktopia].

D

Deleted member 4601

Sort of expected this to happen, but not so soon...

Don't worry, guys, I won't be leaving. The forums are just awesome, and I'm gonna remain faithful to this community.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to get premium.

(Dang, I won't be able to get master anymore.)

tssk tssk.
Come to TS XD
I always used blocktopia TS.

Kkid123

Reaction score
Same here ^. It is very sad to see the classic servers go. Lava was everything to me, but everything that starts must finish.

F

Fjm12

Oh.... :(
*trying not to cry*
Well, it seems as if I'm going down with the ship... I saw it coming though....
This was so fun being with you all. Especially my Zombie family <3 you all. :)
I may have not been with Blocktopia as long as a lot of the people on this forum, as I just recently came back here on October 2012, but I feel just as hurt to see my Minecraft home go down. I would say go down in flames, but this isn't the case. It's going out with a grand explosion, as it was not a failure, but a HUGE success.
For those of you that I know that don't have premium... I'll dearly miss playing with you guys. As far as I know, this is without a doubt the closest Minecraft community I've ever known.

nitasu987

Reaction score
Zombie was the first server I ever went on, and I had tons of great memories. Thanks to all Classic Staff and I hope that those who only played classic due to their lack of premium get premium soon!

wasup58

Reaction score
Oh well, a fun 10 months since I started on these servers. Too bad I can't get much more from this community, I think my time here is up! :( Had a wonderful time here!!!

Dio4344

Reaction score
Welp I have no where to go, Im not going to cry about it its just a game, I probably wont be on any of your peoples servers for a while, Just a heads up

Suikae

Dat Typo Queen
Reaction score
It's so sad to see the rest of the classic servers close, but then again we all saw it coming, right? I'm grateful to have come upon Blocktopia, seeing how Lava Survival was my very first sever to play on. I'm even more grateful to have met the most amazing people! You guys made me laugh, and have so much fun being on, I enjoyed every bit of it! I thank everyone who stayed until the very end of it all. c:
But this is in no way the end of Blocktopia, we have other servers on Premium! We simply have to move on, but the classic servers will never be forgotten! :3

san00b

No.1 Admin & Founder
Reaction score
It's quite amazing to think that four years ago we founded with nothing more than a single server and with the intention of nothing more than to have fun. What we managed to do in the realm of classic is nothing short of amazing: The first lava server, the first zombie server, the first TNT server. Blocktopia (at the time, TheOne's) set the standard for what it was to offer an amazing player experience. We've been copied, stolen from, and even immitated more times than I can count. We've almost fallen apart on many occasions, but always picked ourselves up and kept matching onward.

For those who may remember the motto: We came, we built, we conquered.

So here is to the end of an era, but not the end of us. To the end of the old memories which remind us of Blocktopia so that new ones may be made to take their place.

To the staff and players, both old and new, I'd simply like to say thank you. You are the reason we do what we do, and why we strive so hard to do it. To have been able to be a part of something that has given people enjoyment and happiness for the past four years has been a wonderful experience, and we hope to continue to provide that in our other servers.