[Premium] Zombie Survival Discussion

Do you support Premium Zombie? (Don't vote until 100% sure on either side)

• Yes

Votes: 54 58.7%
  • No

Votes: 38 41.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
It is being run as an event server if the popularity continues to be high after that it will become a regular server.

Ok but isn't Solitude taking people away from the other servers? Can't this server be used as a event server to see how it goes also?
"Its too risky of an investment to test the server 4-6 weeks" I agree to see if the server takes AoD numbers then zombie shuts down and if both servers have good numbers than the issue is solved.
This sounds good in theory, but in practice, you'll see what was seen when the Solitude teaser was up. Main Blocktopia was virtually empty. In Solitude's defense, there is a deathban system that generally caps people's ontime in comparison to other servers

~

Edit: Being able to work on this as a private server will be beneficial (and stress-relieving for the poor admins), but perhaps a small discussion could be opened somewhere for ideas to make it newer, fresher, and more amazing than Classic. What the nay-sayers seem to miss is the fact that these flaws they point out are exactly what they are trying to smooth over, to make better. If you can point out a flaw, chances are they already can see it, and are working to overcome it, considering that they are they ones putting hard work into this server. If you've just stuck your nose in to say what's ready been said and to bag on them, I'd advise you to get lost.

Reactions: Fruit

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score
Edit: Being able to work on this as a private server will be beneficial (and stress-relieving for the poor admins), but perhaps a small discussion could be opened somewhere for ideas to make it newer, fresher, and more amazing than Classic. What the nay-sayers seem to miss is the fact that these flaws they point out are exactly what they are trying to smooth over, to make better. If you can point out a flaw, chances are they already can see it, and are working to overcome it, considering that they are they ones putting hard work into this server. If you've just stuck your nose in to say what's ready been said and to bag on them, I'd advise you to get lost.

Well put my friend.

Also:
like Fruitninja and Pikmon alwys bash classic.
I wasn't "bashing" classic. I loved classic, even if i did only play zombies most of the time, I still really liked it. I've given classic a chance even after zombies closed, but... the issues that classic had affected a lot more servers as well, and it really wasn't enjoyable. I know you still like classic, and I wasn't trying to bash it at all, I just hate how it effected zombies.

And one more:
CZS died out. People stopped playing. And while there were some issues with classic, it didn't stop the server from hitting full population the last few days. Lots of people were clearly able to connect, they just weren't bothering until nostalgia kicked in. And nostalgia isn't enough to build a lasting server.

Although I do see where you are coming from this, I have to semi disagree. Not about nostalgia not being enough to build a lasting server though. Ok, yes, lots of people were able to connect, but you have to remember, nostalgia and that kept them playing, even though maybe something else was drawing them away from the server earlier. Not trying to bash classic here, but not being able to see skins/the java glitch really drew players away from classic. Now you could still be correct, that people just moved on from zombies, and came back for nostalgia, or they could've played through the bugs and what not for the nostalgia. Just trying to argue another point as to why people weren't connecting.

• Useful
Reactions: SmoggyWaffles

Chips

Reaction score
As many people said, it would take away the "premium" effect on Minecraft. You would be sticking to the past. We have to change someday, unless we want to be a classic-style community in premium. Change is always hard, but it's needed. Just my two cents anyways.

• Thank You
Reactions: Pikmon2

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
As many people said, it would take away the "premium" effect on Minecraft. You would be sticking to the past. We have to change someday, unless we want to be a classic-style community in premium. Change is always hard, but it's needed. Just my two cents anyways.
Yes it would have features of premium to use to its advantage but we don't need to end up building something that is not zombie survival. I literally am dieing waiting to see if I can organize the only backup plan that I have.

• Disagree
Reactions: Prizyms

Txboy1234

Reaction score
Do what Jivvi says or you are just gonna have to try and make the server public somewhere else somehow. All communities start somewhere and if the server is good, it will survive and have a lot of people in it then you can prove the people who don't believe in it wrong. When you do, well then Blocktopia will have a new server.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Do what Jivvi says or you are just gonna have to try and make the server public somewhere else somehow. All communities start somewhere and if the server is good, it will survive and have a lot of people in it then you can prove the people who don't believe in it wrong. When you do, well then Blocktopia will have a new server.
I have been trying for the last two days. I am going to invest $20 to get one month of hosting but I need the complete server files still. Once that happens prepare for some fun stuff like public map builds with 6-8 people working on a map :)

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
ASDSAASDFADSFDASFASFASFA BSOD

You know Solitude and Elysium? They both count as SMP, but they have opposite gameplay - you would get banned on Elysium, if you were playing it like on Solitude, and you would ragequit on Solitude trying to build Sancti Empire.
But for example building underground will work on both of them.

So AoD and PZS are Infection gamemode.
On AoD PvP skills are valuable, and it contains a lot of battles, then PZS would have to be centered on hiding/running and have classic-like instead of premium-like PvP.
On both of them you can be stealthy player.

• Informative
Reactions: storm886 and _4_

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score

Pikmon2

Reaction score
If BT. would host the first ZS for premium, won't that make BT. unique?

Yes it would, except they aren't. There are many servers with zombie survival already. AoD already has tag mode, which from what I understand is just an improved *in some ways* CZS. Why don't you work on improving TAG mode with ideas then make a server with TAG mode plus some changes? Maybe make a TAG part of AoD lobby and normal AoD part of the lobby so people who want to play TAG can play and people who want to play normal AoD can play that? Can someone explain why this, which is now just a version of AoD minus the PvP, deserve and entire server? I mean go ahead and run the test server, but that won't show results of a player base, as they will come and be like "oh new server" so everyone will be on it, but that happened with TNT and Solitude as well, then numbers dropped. So unless you keep it open for a good while, you won't get results.

• Agree
Reactions: LizzzyxD

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score

Yes it would, except they aren't. There are many servers with zombie survival already. AoD already has tag mode, which from what I understand is just an improved *in some ways* CZS. Why don't you work on improving TAG mode with ideas then make a server with TAG mode plus some changes? Maybe make a TAG part of AoD lobby and normal AoD part of the lobby so people who want to play TAG can play and people who want to play normal AoD can play that? Can someone explain why this, which is now just a version of AoD minus the PvP, deserve and entire server? I mean go ahead and run the test server, but that won't show results of a player base, as they will come and be like "oh new server" so everyone will be on it, but that happened with TNT and Solitude as well, then numbers dropped. So unless you keep it open for a good while, you won't get results.

As simple as that. I don't see why the developers work with Baker93 to try and incorporate their plugins into the TAG game mode, wouldn't that simply solve this whole issue? That way the player-base will get what they want, while boosting the current standard of aod to a higher level, which should introduce more players that will also want to play other servers.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score

Its not "just without PvP". The not having pvp is a BIG part in why it is diffrent than tag mode. Its not "just". And it doesn't have sprint either, which makes running from zombies way less fun. And you can also insta-break things which makes for smart hiding places and quick escapes.

As simple as that. I don't see why the developers work with Baker93 to try and incorporate their plugins into the TAG game mode, wouldn't that simply solve this whole issue? That way the player-base will get what they want, while boosting the current standard of aod to a higher level, which should introduce more players that will also want to play other servers.

No, even if they make tag the way zombie was. You would play a map like that maybe 10 times a day? And even if tons of maps for it will get made. You come on to play Pzombie and half of the time you play something you didn't come to play. Which is why it deserves its own server.

I volunteer as bad map maker
Second volunteer here \o/

Reactions: _4_

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Why couldn't we just have a separate portal within the Aod one?

That way players could choose whether or not they want AoD or PZS and the player count would still be the same.
It's not like there are thaaat many classi players that play on AoD.. (I lied)
Thats basicly the same as making a new server. But this way you have the server within a server and in the server you can choose which server you go.[Lobby anyone? xD]

Pikmon2

Reaction score

Its not "just without PvP". The not having pvp is a BIG part in why it is diffrent than tag mode. Its not "just". And it doesn't have sprint either, which makes running from zombies way less fun. And you can also insta-break things which makes for smart hiding places and quick escapes.

Okay, taking out sprint? You can hide from people with sprint, sometimes better. Look at games like Metal Gear Solid. You can you run when they aren't looking, and get to safer places. It also makes it better on zombies in terms of instead of walking along large maps, you can run across them, this makes sense. "Running away from zombies" Don't you mean "walk"? That was one of my least favorite parts of zombie. Walking to each place really slowly It made more sense in classic since maps were smaller, but now they aren't so it makes sense to have sprint. As for the insta break thing, I don't care much about that. I just hope it's made more into a stealthier survival game so it will be slightly different in any way from the original classic zombie. Instead of a replica of something that will not make people pay $30 for if they don't have MC.

• Disagree
Reactions: Willchill

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Okay, taking out sprint? You can hide from people with sprint, sometimes better. Look at games like Metal Gear Solid. You can you run when they aren't looking, and get to safer places. It also makes it better on zombies in terms of instead of walking along large maps, you can run across them, this makes sense. "Running away from zombies" Don't you mean "walk"? That was one of my least favorite parts of zombie. Walking to each place really slowly It made more sense in classic since maps were smaller, but now they aren't so it makes sense to have sprint. As for the insta break thing, I don't care much about that. I just hope it's made more into a stealthier survival game so it will be slightly different in any way from the original classic zombie. Instead of a replica of something that will not make people pay $30 for if they don't have MC.
I don't like the fact that when I am "running" away the zombie is able to be faster than me my sprinting and jumping. Dodging a zombie will be way harder as you have to stop sprinting, do the dodge and then sprint again. And in my eyes if everyone has the same speed the game would be way more fair.

• Agree
Reactions: LizzzyxD

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
I don't like the fact that when I am "running" away the zombie is able to be faster than me my sprinting and jumping. Dodging a zombie will be way harder as you have to stop sprinting, do the dodge and then sprint again. And in my eyes if everyone has the same speed the game would be way more fair.
What is this dodge I'm still so confused

Status
Not open for further replies.