[Premium] Zombie Survival Discussion

Do you support Premium Zombie? (Don't vote until 100% sure on either side)

• Yes

Votes: 54 58.7%
  • No

Votes: 38 41.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikmon2

Reaction score
From what I've read, you have so far taken the "Premium" out of "Premium Zombie". I don't see how this would help it at all, get new ideas and try and not just be CZS for goodness sake. Blocktopia needs each server to be unique and take advantage of what there is, not try and be an outdated game, that can be remade by any modder out there.

Lily97

That American Idiot
Reaction score
Also: Lily97 If there was a premium server that was like classic besides a scoreboard keeping time instead of the command /time would you play it?
I don't see what the hell the method of keeping round time has to do with this... but if CZS still existed, I would play. But it doesn't and it most likely won't again. I would also poor my heart out into a Premium Zombie Survival server that embraces the word 'Premium' not only because it follows the core ideas of the original zombie survival, but also because it has the possibility of becoming something.

By all means, continue with your idea of a CZS replica if you think there is any possibility and future in it... But I doubt I'm the only one getting annoyed with this by now.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Also: Lily97 If there was a premium server that was like classic besides a scoreboard keeping time instead of the command /time would you play it?
I don't see what the hell the method of keeping round time has to do with this... but if CZS still existed, I would play. But it doesn't and it most likely won't again. I would also poor my heart out into a Premium Zombie Survival server that embraces the word 'Premium' not only because it follows the core ideas of the original zombie survival, but also because it has the possibility of becoming something.

By all means, continue with your idea of a CZS replica if you think there is any possibility and future in it... But I doubt I'm the only one getting annoyed with this by now.
Then what do you want to change?

And no, please don't close this thread. If everyone that can't behave civil can just keep out of the thread an actual discussion about it and maybe possible ways to make this work can come out of it.

_4_

Reaction score
This is exactly what happened to my topic petition to save minecrft classic both on the blocktopia forums and the minecraft forums... I got the same replys from the type of people who never experienced classic or who played classic but bought premium so they said " Ef you " to classic and played premium. Basically what Im trying to say is why cant people give things a chance like seriously ESPECIALLY if its for a zombie survival remake. A server that basically made Blocktopia besides classic lava ofc. Like i just dont get why people turn their backs so soon. So what if it became a flopp or a sucess atleast you could say we tried. People like Fruitninja and Pikmon alwys bash classic. Dont get me wrong guys you havw ppinions too and youre both great friends but really... Give it a chance

I mean i always thought aod was suppsoed to be a Zs remake but in truth it isnt an i have my own bias towarss aod too. Which i dot personally like. But if majority of people like zs over aod then why not keep pzs instead aod or vice versa for if people like aod over. pzs.. If one of thel is better then the orher then would it really matter if one opened/closed/ or both stayed in harmony?

People saying reviving a classic server is stupid and a waste is a bad argument. NOBODY wanted classic to close and if it wasnt for Java errorsand mojang updates we would still have classic anyways , so to getrhat out of the way classic wasnt removed because " novody wanted to play it" but because novody could play it because of the extremness of the gameplay xhanges.. "Oh a revision of a classic server is silly and old idea" very bad words! Look at RoF its a classic revision and theres always like 18 people on it.

Two cents :3

Id really love to say more and further stance and form my argent but im on a very slow iphone typing this up so dont go after me for lack of detail or splellin lel

• Useful
  • Haha
Reactions: LizzzyxD and Iguana

MintyRogi

Reaction score
Heh... Ok. I'm sorry, but let's be honest. If the group of Directors said NO, then I really don't think It'll come back any time in at least 10 years.

However, I love the ideas of incorporating the things from the server into other things. Zombies riding horses would be pretty cool Lily97 , but please, reviving a classic server into Premium isn't ideal for the community.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Heh... Ok. I'm sorry, but let's be honest. If the group of Directors said NO, then I really don't think It'll come back any time in at least 10 years.

However, I love the ideas of incorporating the things from the server into other things. Zombies riding horses would be pretty cool Lily97 , but please, reviving a classic server into Premium isn't ideal for the community.
There could be a backup plan. Not spoiling anything.

Terre936

Reaction score
Pretty much with Ckraine said, it's the choice of the Directors. But eh, we're players too, we can suggest anything we want, but just don't get out of hand by the word 'anything'. But it'll most likely be what the Directors have to say.
Edit:
You know, it would be better if you guys would just forgot about zombie survival. Well, if I think about it in this way, say, my favorite server TNT was shut down and never moved to premium, I would hate this idea very much, would literally just be very sad if this were to happens. There's always something to do rather then having arguments about this whole thing, it's really sad to see this. Not all classic servers will be implemented into premium, plus, it also won't have the same in-game mechanics since classic and premium are different. Lava and TNT were moved to premium, but they aren't completely the same as they were in classic. Plus, as I said above, it'll be the choice of the Directors in what server will be moved to Premium.

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score

Thread cleaned of anything we felt was contributing to the growing personal attacks/argument on page 5, sorry if your comment got caught up in it! Otherwise continue as per normal. I think its important to remember that whilst we've said a 100% no for the time being, that doesn't rule out this thread being useful to any possible (though not probable) future installation of the server. So keep up the good debating gentleman/ladies, if it spirals out of control again we may choose to close the thread.​

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the topic is exhausted guys, we're going in circles. People have made up their minds, the decision has been made. There is no reason to keep arguing, it does no good! it only makes people dislike other people (not just in ratings) over a silly circular argument.
There is no need to keep flaming, please stop posting.

MintyRogi

Reaction score
but please, reviving a classic server into Premium isn't ideal for the community.
Um, TNT and Lava were both classic servers and are now premium.
Yes well, correct me if I'm wrong but there is only one exception to my post, and that's Premium Lava. On the other hand, Premium TNT would be lucky to get more than 7 players at a time ;P Don;t get me wrong, I would love it if Zombies came back, but no one (besides dem nostalgic people like me) would really go on.

F

Fjm12

Well debating the point of "If the server will succeed or not" doesn't make any sense, seeing as that PTNT (which has less than5 people on it usually) and JtE (which has steeply declined in activity) are both doing very poorly. Not to mention they were opened up pretty recently. It's pretty evident that this isn't a major issue in terms of "whether the server should open or not", as both were booming in activity when they both opened at first, but steeply declined. There are a large number of people wanting a premium ZS to open up now (emphasis on the premium part).
Even if there is worry about the activity, open a trial server up. It was done for Solitude which was closed like, twice before then and it now has new features to it because of premium. Make a CZS trial server just with new mechanics due to premium.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
From what I've read, you have so far taken the "Premium" out of "Premium Zombie". I don't see how this would help it at all, get new ideas and try and not just be CZS for goodness sake. Blocktopia needs each server to be unique and take advantage of what there is, not try and be an outdated game, that can be remade by any modder out there.
I laugh when you say it can be remade any modder because there is no infection mods out there and I even asked and some don't think it would be possible. Yet all these "new features" have 10 different plugins each and are used by 1000's of servers. Hmmm I wonder if which is unique?

Wyrer

Rooster
Donor
Reaction score
All of this talk about Zombie being outdated. What's wrong with having simple gameplay? I don't see why everything has to be all shiny/new/innovative. In my experience, having a repetitive gamemode that anyone can pick up and play makes for a more popular experience, why do you think Counterstrike is still so successful? It leaves more to the imagination and I think that's really key to having an enjoyable experience, particularly in multiplayer and especially in a sandbox game like Minecraft.

However, that's my opinion on current Minecraft as a whole as well. I admit I'm a bit of an old geezer when it comes to things like this.

I'm not totally in favor of updating, I just wish there was still an outlet like classic to have simple gamemodes like this. They were the most fun for me.

Theodorre

The Fail Chipmunk
Reaction score
All of this talk about Zombie being outdated. What's wrong with having simple gameplay? I don't see why everything has to be all shiny/new/innovative.

I'm not totally in favor of updating, I just wish there was still an outlet like classic to have simple gamemodes like this. They were the most fun for me.

This. I agree with this. ^

I think one of the keys to CZS was that the gap between new and old players in terms of survival rate and skill wasn't as large as it is on AoD, PTNT, or other servers like that. I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds it difficult to play on AoD or PTNT with the experienced players, as they're clearly going to have an advantage over someone who hasn't played it often or before. With CZS, the gap wasn't as massive, yes the experienced ones still had advantages, but they weren't as obvious as the ones with more complicated gameplay.

EDIT:
You know, it would be better if you guys would just forgot about zombie survival. Well, if I think about it in this way, say, my favorite server TNT was shut down and never moved to premium, I would hate this idea very much, would literally just be very sad if this were to happens.

So...you're trying to say that you'd be annoyed if TNT was shut down and CZS was ported to Premium?

The thing is, TNT and RoF WERE ported. If they, for whatever reason, hadn't been, I have a feeling the support for PZS would either be larger, or no one would be supporting any old Classic servers.

Pikmon2

Reaction score
I laugh when you say it can be remade any modder because there is no infection mods out there and I even asked and some don't think it would be possible. Yet all these "new features" have 10 different plugins each and are used by 1000's of servers. Hmmm I wonder if which is unique?
Which modders did you ask? And gosh calm down. It's still a game. Stop acting like you know everything, and stop arguing. This is why premium zombie won't happen (At least soon). Because the zombie people think they know everything and ignore *most* criticism of the idea. If you would accept ideas and let people say their opinions in this "discussion" thread, then maybe Premium Zombie would go more then backwards.

• Thank You
Reactions: Vatowski

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Which modders did you ask? And gosh calm down. It's still a game. Stop acting like you know everything, and stop arguing. This is why premium zombie won't happen (At least soon). Because the zombie people think they know everything and ignore *most* criticism of the idea. If you would accept ideas and let people say their opinions in this "discussion" thread, then maybe Premium Zombie would go more then backwards.
I searched bukkitdev and then made 2 threads. I do have a back up plan as Iguana touched upon the basic idea of it. We have been researched for 2 weeks mike and chill probably longer to submit a zombie server and have been going and testing a ton of plugins for it. The only thing Malco said was the biggest issue was splitting the playerbase of AoD. The server its self is fine it does not need to be changed. You will see when the time comes.

Theodorre

The Fail Chipmunk
Reaction score

Sadly, majority of the criticism being offered isn't constructive, (that it's too outdated; therefore it shouldn't be a server.) That's not constructive criticism. Some old-ZS players have had a look at the constructive criticism (it's too simple) and thought of ideas that could counter this (Lily97's ideas are a great example). However, no idea, no matter how great and innovative it is, is going to be able to overcome the fact that the people who are opposed to this are mainly opposed to it because it's "outdated". It won't go forward either way, while people have that viewpoint. Sad, but true.

• Thank You
  • Agree
Reactions: Jivvi and Txboy1234

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Allright everyone, listen up, good ol' ASSHAT speaking:

1. Clarification - when we were approached about the server we immediately said "Issues with conflicts about AoD" and never said "develop this for us asap". We knew the issues this discussion would cause (and we were proven correct). But this is not the point currently...

2. Suggestion - so, what I read here (before it was deleted since the tone in which it was said was way off) was that apparently the creators of PZS had an almost finished version lined up, including a dedicated server to host it on. Now, that last thing confuses me a bit, since that was never stated before (at least in communication with me).

Seriously, why don't you at first open your own "unofficial" server, not connected to Blocktopia. And if it runs really really well, we can consider linking it into the Blocktopia server portfolio. This is what happened with TNT back in the day (we "acquired" it) and in a way with Jabs SMP as well.

This would take away the arguments and discussion from the community, which starts to annoy everyone, and would give you the chance to develop the baby you dreamed about.

There still wouldn't be a guarantee that it would at some point be included into BT, but instead of constant arguments here you'd have a running server with people on it, actually enjoying the whole thing.

(EDIT: Just saw Iguana has also put forward the same idea during the night, so yes, think about it. That's all we can say from our end, since we usually don't encourage "unofficial" servers)

Status
Not open for further replies.