[Premium] Zombie Survival Discussion

Do you support Premium Zombie? (Don't vote until 100% sure on either side)

• Yes

Votes: 54 58.7%
  • No

Votes: 38 41.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theodorre

The Fail Chipmunk
Reaction score
If BT. would host the first ZS for premium, won't that make BT. unique?

Yes it would, except they aren't. There are many servers with zombie survival already. AoD already has tag mode, which from what I understand is just an improved *in some ways* CZS. Why don't you work on improving TAG mode with ideas then make a server with TAG mode plus some changes? Maybe make a TAG part of AoD lobby and normal AoD part of the lobby so people who want to play TAG can play and people who want to play normal AoD can play that? Can someone explain why this, which is now just a version of AoD minus the PvP, deserve and entire server? I mean go ahead and run the test server, but that won't show results of a player base, as they will come and be like "oh new server" so everyone will be on it, but that happened with TNT and Solitude as well, then numbers dropped. So unless you keep it open for a good while, you won't get results.

If the private server is launched and becomes popular, but BT still won't accept it, then perhaps it can stay as private.

• Agree
Reactions: Hockeyfan1852

_4_

Reaction score
Why the hell did Mike and Ultimatebudgie pull the plug?

And how the hell can people not support this. If Premium Zombie were to cut into AoD's player base then that'd just show how a lot of people just played AoD to get a feel of what CZS used to feel like..

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Why the hell did Mike and Ultimatebudgie pull the plug?

And how the hell can people not support this. If Premium Zombie were to cut into AoD's player base then that'd just show how a lot of people just played AoD to get a feel of what CZS used to feel like..
Honestly he was harder to convince than the admins. :/

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
What is this dodge I'm still so confused
Definition of dodging:

To avoid (a blow, for example) by moving or shifting quickly aside.

Which is pretty hard to do with sprinting because if you moved quickly away it would stop the sprinting and you would have to re-sprint which takes time and the zombie could easely kill you. Which makes running from a zombie alot harder and less fun in my opinion.

If the private server is launched and becomes popular, but BT still won't accept it, then perhaps it can stay as private.
Could have had the launch in two days now I have to go back to the dev stage for 2 weeks for unknown reasoning.
Question: what exactly are you going to have to work on now?

Mikey

The Pig
Reaction score
I guess before I look like a dick I'll give atleast my reasoning, UB can give his own if feels he needs to

To begin with, this was UB and I's project, we did a shit load of works. We we're working hours per day on development, formats, discussions, etc. After the project was going very smoothly (and was a lot of fun) we decided to go for the official server with approval of the administration team.

Malcovent gave his go, said UB and I could Direct it/dev it, meanwhile I typed up formats for maps, applications and all the like.

A few short days later, the admins we're reconsidering their decision as a team - and as it was they decided to end up declining it. They explained their reasons, and I took it as is.

Now, since only only myself (apart from the administrators) know the full reasons on why the server was denied, I'll post them here, so you all know.

Firstly, they felt the server was aimed to much for our older players. i.e nostalgia reasons. They said if a new player whom just purchased Minecraft went on this server and saw that there was no sprinting and insta-break blocks that it would be very weird. But for us here at Blocktopia, it's simply an awesome, unique idea. But maybe not to a new player who never played CZS.

Sploorky went onto explain how there is no way that this won't affect AoD. Some thing will happen to AoD whether it loses some players or a hefty majority. One server would come up strong, the other would flop and die. He said how AoD is aimed towards new players, with sprinting and actual swords.

As a team, (Malcovent, Sploorky) they empathized how they want to aim the community for the future; not the past.

Now, I see someone who after all this wants to just take all we worked on - and try to get approved under their name and ownership? UB and I were busting our balls between convincing and developing. We're not just going to throw the software out there because someone wants to do what we tried so hard to.

Oh and also after a fight between Malcovent and I and then being redirected to Sploorky for a long discussion, I learned that this thread really has no relevance here. Sploorky said they won't accept PZS anywhere in the foreseeable future. They don't want to close it, because people will jump down their throat, so they decided to just leave it here and not even really look at it.

Now, you say, you want to run under off Blocktopia grounds? Have you taken a look at how hard it is to advertise in Minecraft premium? UB and I even talked about hosting off-grounds, but it would be way to complicated without the support of a community.

So no it's not that UB and I are selfish assholes, we really tried to do this and we failed. We're our keeping our software for at least a commemoration for that.

P.S: Hockey, I'd appreciate if you understood my reasons rather than degrading me in this thread. Sorry we're not giving you the software, hope everything works out though.

Cheers.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
I guess before I look like a dick I'll give atleast my reasoning, UB can give his own if feels he needs to

To begin with, this was UB and I's project, we did a shit load of works. We we're working hours per day on development, formats, discussions, etc. After the project was going very smoothly (and was a lot of fun) we decided to go for the official server with approval of the administration team.

Malcovent gave his go, said UB and I could Direct it/dev it, meanwhile I typed up formats for maps, applications and all the like.

A few short days later, the admins we're reconsidering their decision as a team - and as it was they decided to end up declining it. They explained their reasons, and I took it as is.

Now, since only only myself (apart from the administrators) know the full reasons on why the server was denied, I'll post them here, so you all know.

Firstly, they felt the server was aimed to much for our older players. i.e nostalgia reasons. They said if a new player whom just purchased Minecraft went on this server and saw that there was no sprinting and insta-break blocks that it would be very weird. But for us here at Blocktopia, it's simply an awesome, unique idea. But maybe not to a new player who never played CZS.

Sploorky went onto explain how there is no way that this won't affect AoD. Some thing will happen to AoD whether it loses some players or a hefty majority. One server would come up strong, the other would flop and die. He said how AoD is aimed towards new players, with sprinting and actual swords.

As a team, (Malcovent, Sploorky) they empathized how they want to aim the community for the future; not the past.

Now, I see someone who after all this wants to just take all we worked on - and try to get approved under their name and ownership? UB and I were busting our balls between convincing and developing. We're not just going to throw the software out there because someone wants to do what we tried so hard to.

Oh and also after a fight between Malcovent and I and then being redirected to Sploorky for a long discussion, I learned that this thread really has no relevance here. Sploorky said they won't accept PZS anywhere in the foreseeable future. They don't want to close it, because people will jump down their throat, so they decided to just leave it here and not even really look at it.

Now, you say, you want to run under off Blocktopia grounds? Have you taken a look at how hard it is to advertise in Minecraft premium? UB and I even talked about hosting off-grounds, but it would be way to complicated without the support of a community.

So no it's not that UB and I are selfish assholes, we really tried to do this and we failed. We're our keeping our software for at least a commemoration for that.

P.S: Hockey, I'd appreciate if you understood my reasons rather than degrading me in this thread. Sorry we're not giving you the software, hope everything works out though.

Cheers.
From our previous conversations it sounded like you did not want any credit and were tired with the server. Why don't the three of us work together to open the server then. Since it got rejected I started planning the release of the server even going into a starting rotation for the server that would consist of Nobuild128. a run map, a hide map and a new map. That would be worked on with 6-8 players on my private server until the release. As for advertising
I was going to post on a few of the big forums. I invested 2 weeks prior to this thread trying to build the server the only thing accomplished was no-sprint and instant blocks. Yes, you probably invested more time into this than me but at least you know that I would be committed to the server. The three of us could build a really amazing server. The only thing is I suck at coding so UB would help the server so much and Mike I know you would be 100% committed to the server.

_4_

Reaction score

Cheers.

Thank you for posting this man. I find this very admirable and now we know as much as we're going to know about the full extent of having CZS as PZS.. It tis a shame but what can yeah do. We got some good servers right now so that's good enough for me I suppose.

CASE CLOSED? LETS LOVE EACHOTHER AGAIN

:)

• Agree
Reactions: Notme and LizzzyxD

Mikey

The Pig
Reaction score

Cheers.
From our previous conversations it sounded like you did not want any credit and were tired with the server. Why don't the three of us work together to open the server then. Since it got rejected I started planning the release of the server even going into a starting rotation for the server that would consist of Nobuild128. a run map, a hide map and a new map. That would be worked on with 6-8 players on my private server until the release. As for advertising
I was going to post on a few of the big forums. I invested 2 weeks prior to this thread trying to build the server the only thing accomplished was no-sprint and instant blocks. Yes, you probably invested more time into this than me but at least you know that I would be committed to the server. The three of us could build a really amazing server. The only thing is I suck at coding so UB would help the server so much and Mike I know you would be 100% committed to the server.
I just posted a goodbye thread, i'm over my knees with school work. It seems you really are just being ignorant to what i'm saying about advertising, blocktopia accepting it, new player experiences, and almost everything together as a whole.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score

Cheers.
I just posted a goodbye thread, i'm over my knees with school work. It seems you really are just being ignorant to what i'm saying about advertising, blocktopia accepting it, new player experiences, and almost everything together as a whole.
fine gg no re
(request lock)

• Dislike
Reactions: Pikmon2

Txboy1234

Reaction score
Is it possible either one of you will be willing to take this to another Community, I know it's something that you wouldn't want done. But, if you have worked as much as you said you have, it just might need too to not waste all the work done. I'm sure there are plenty others that would accept this.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Is it possible either one of you will be willing to take this to another Community, I know it's something that you wouldn't want done. But, if you have worked as much as you said you have, it just might need too to not waste all the work done. I'm sure there are plenty others that would accept this.
This almost sounds like blackmail to the admins but ok.
oh well, i guess the administration are generally ignoring this thread anyway
~
It seems a shame to abandon this idea when both parties have worked so hard on it, I mean, even if we don't want a new server, surely something can be done with it so that it was not all put to waste?

Edit: I can also see Shotbow or MineManics getting their hands on it and it becoming insanely popular, which will make me even more sad and frustrated

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
This almost sounds like blackmail to the admins but ok.
oh well, i guess the administration are generally ignoring this thread anyway
~
It seems a shame to abandon this idea when both parties have worked so hard on it, I mean, even if we don't want a new server, surely something can be done with it so that it was not all put to waste?

Edit: I can also see Shotbow or MineManics getting their hands on it and it becoming insanely popular, which will make me even more sad and frustrated
I thought the only code for it was in Mikey's and Budgie's hands?

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Dear Jivvi - and others:

We aren't ignoring this thread, we made some very clear postings in here. At some point all that we have to say is said though, no reason to repeat things. But for the sake of it:

As I wrote a page or so back, we won't stop anyone from opening this as their own server under a non-Blocktopia name, and will consider adding it if it runs well (just like we did with TNT).

BUT

that does not mean we are ok with people using BT/this thread to discuss making maps, signing up, advertising a non BT server.

I would kindly request all discussion of a potential unoffical PZS server to be taken into other channels/outlets - as it for the time being goes against community guidelines.

Mikey and UltimateBudgie - thank you, Mikey, for your post stating your perspective of all that happened. People ought to read it, as I feel like summarises things well. Except one thing: When you two approached us / Malc, yes we did say 'you can go ahead' but *always* followed it with a 'there is no guarantee it will be added though'. Noone ever doubted or didn't appreciate the development effort, I hope that is clear.

That's all I'll say for the time being. It'd be great if certain parties would heed the advice to not use BT as their outlet for planning their own unofficial server.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Please do not bring up the thread if you have nothing to add.

My personal opinion is that whether premium zombie survival or another server, that we may be able to do good things with a non-combat orientated PvP server. The lovely thing about ZC was that it was so simple and non-frustrating (I find minecraft combat to be rather frustrating after a while of playing).

I'm not sure if bringing zombie classic back is the best idea, but we should try to be as original as possible, that is what drew people to Blocktopia/TheOnes in the first place. We simply cannot compete against some big minecraft communities and thus we need to create unique servers to gain new players. Something tag alike may do it, or may not.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Huge thanks to LISTINGS09 for all the help he has done. PM me.

Earlier I was testing the server with Hockey, and it's like playing ZC just that in Premium. The server is amazing. Really cool. Good Job Listing and Hockey.
Few things need to be worked out but yes it is looking good. :)
send me a PM if you are interested.

• Winner
Reactions: nitasu987

_4_

Reaction score
Huge thanks to LISTINGS09 for all the help he has done. PM me.

Earlier I was testing the server with Hockey, and it's like playing ZC just that in Premium. The server is amazing. Really cool. Good Job Listing and Hockey.

Is it open to public test? Could I pm you to play ? or is it special cool kids only :C

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score

Is it open to public test? Could I pm you to play ? or is it special cool kids only :C
Anyone can PM me. We are testing/map building and other fun stuff like that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.