[Outdated post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKnucklehead

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Applications are closed for now. Also, Due to a few unfortunate events in real life I'm unable to commit time to the wizards tower. so for now members are 100% welcome to build around the surrounds of the wizards tower as they please. No planning required.
Sorry to hear about that, but come back soon man! I'll get started with some builds!

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
In that case I shall continue work on the library for you. Could I also work on staff rooms (for potential NPCs) and finish off the underground port to carthage? I'm making use of the original storage rooms located beneath the inner circle.

Also, work on the mausoleum is in session should be finished in a week or 2.

Reactions: FrenchSanta12

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Aww yeah we're back baby! Gathering wool for the tavern now. However, two important notices

A.) - Wizards with your PRIVATE chest in the MAIN chest room, you have until Friday to move it out (use one of the downstairs quarters), or your stuff will be assimilated into our stock.

B.) Please, stop placing wooden tools in the tools chest and, stop spamming things where they shouldn't be.. If you're too lazy to sort things, use the chest in the middle.

Also, What we need currently
- Emeralds, lots.

- 12 Stacks of Black Wool
- 6 stacks of white wool
- 12 stacks of green wool
Finished!
Thankyou.

• Agree

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
For all those wondering why the wizards are recruiting again, I shall happily explain, as this information is due to being revealed publicly.

As per our duties as wizards, we must employ a range of those with magical powers and abilities to help preserve the mana cycles from our dimension, the nether, and the mysterious land of elysium.

During a recent check of staff member activity, we noticed that Overseer Uuthrum, Head of Department of Necromancy Post-Mortem Communications, had not been taking classes for the last fifteen years at least. Upon searching his office, we discovered that he had not been doing his duties on account of being dead.

Standard wizard tower policies include handing in a week's notice before death so we can find a replacement in that time, or a month if the dean. As a result, he has been immediately dismissed and will not be entitled to his role in the university from the Fourth of Summer-Rise.

We shall be repossessing his notes, as he will not be likely to require them, due to his current employment status. We will likely burn said notes, they appear to be works of gibberish by a madman. One book contains claims that he believed he had summoned a wave of flaming death, time-locked it and made a training facility named the RoF academy. And this army of darkness he writes of? Nonsense, I say!

Anyway, like it has been said, please apply for a wonderful opportunity to join the wizard's tower today!

Edit: Formatting for the non wizardy types who moan about it.

GlassesFreek

Reaction score
Now I know that everyone has been trying to collect lots of emeralds for a beacon pyramid, but has anyone noticed that we have enough iron to make a fully powered beacon pyramid?

Couldn't we just make the beacon pyramid out of iron? Please let me know because I would like to get started on it as soon as possible.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Now I know that everyone has been trying to collect lots of emeralds for a beacon pyramid, but has anyone noticed that we have enough iron to make a fully powered beacon pyramid?

Couldn't we just make the beacon pyramid out of iron? Please let me know because I would like to get started on it as soon as possible.
4 stacks of iron + 4 blocks are needed to make fully-powered beacon ;)

GlassesFreek

Reaction score
4 stacks of iron + 4 blocks are needed to make fully-powered beacon ;)
There are currently 4 levels of pyramids. Not counting the Beacon Block, the first pyramid requires 9 blocks, the second, 34 blocks, the third, 83 blocks, and the final arrangement, 164 blocks.
That quote was from the Minecraft wiki. What we have currently is 64+64+36=164 iron blocks. What your pyramid would be is 64x4+4=260 iron blocks. Is it possible to make a stronger pyramid then a 4 layered, 164 block pyramid?

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
That quote was from the Minecraft wiki. What we have currently is 64+64+36=164 iron blocks. What your pyramid would be is 64x4+4=260 iron blocks. Is it possible to make a stronger pyramid then a 4 layered, 164 block pyramid?
Yes its possible to make it stronger, 260 block one. Its like 5 pyramids merged in one - 5 beacons!
Layers are 11x11, 9x9, 7x7 and 5x5 without blocks in corners. Beacons are placed on top layer in "+" shape.
Come to 1000, 0 to see how it works (its hidden in ground so you won't see it).

GlassesFreek

Reaction score
Yes its possible to make it stronger, 260 block one. Its like 5 pyramids merged in one - 5 beacons!
Layers are 11x11, 9x9, 7x7 and 5x5 without blocks in corners. Beacons are placed on top layer in "+" shape.
Come to 1000, 0 to see how it works (its hidden in ground so you won't see it).
Oh, my mistake. I was unaware of this. Also, that size of a pyramid would be 276 iron blocks. Just to let you know.

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score

We're getting emeralds to afford a portal to and from carthage :3

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, so as I realised it can be confusing searching the wizard tower, I'll post what each floor contains/is:

Tenth floor: To become the Dean's office
Ninth floor: Vacant (tbd)
Eighth floor: Vacant (tbd)
Seventh floor: Smoking room
Sixth floor: Overseer rooms (3 available)
Fifth floor: Spawn room (when city status is achieved, the portal from carthage will lead to here)
Fourth floor: Class room (Thankyou GlassesFreek for the wonderful design!)
Third floor: Eldritch portal (to the nether lands and nether land network system)
Second floor: Natural magicks
First floor: Library (contains THE BOOK)
Ground floor: Atrium
Basement 1: Storage
Basement 2: Level 1 housing
Basement 3: Level 2 housing
Basement 4: Agricultural section
Basement 5: Petting with sword zoo
Basement 6: Whispering Hallow.

These 17 floors go from y=5-152. Another floor may be added as a balcony to the dean's office.

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Update time! Here's a screenshot album of the completed floors so far!
http://imgur.com/a/0cR5S#0

And now, for a special announcement! We are proud to announce: THE OVERSEERS
The overseers are a special group of 3 of the wizards, assigned to aiding the Dean in overseeing the work going on inside and outside the tower, ensuring diplomacy between other clans and what have you. They are responsible for the wellbeing of the tower and ensuring that rules are abided. Applications for overseer shall begin shortly!

Coming soon to the tower:
More housing!
More shops!
A port!
Other stuff!

GlassesFreek

Reaction score
Update time! Here's a screenshot album of the completed floors so far!
http://imgur.com/a/0cR5S#0

And now, for a special announcement! We are proud to announce: THE OVERSEERS
The overseers are a special group of 3 of the wizards, assigned to aiding the Dean in overseeing the work going on inside and outside the tower, ensuring diplomacy between other clans and what have you. They are responsible for the wellbeing of the tower and ensuring that rules are abided. Applications for overseer shall begin shortly!

Coming soon to the tower:
More housing!
More shops!
A port!
Other stuff!
What will the requirements be for the Overseers?

GlassesFreek

Reaction score
Here are some goals that we have at wizards:
  • Become a city! We wizards want to become a city because we want a portal to Carthage and back (which is talked about below). To become a city, there are some requirements: 20 members (or more), including leaders and at least 16 members need the Settler rank, and at least 4 the Citizen rank. So tell your friends to join wizards!
  • As stated before, we need emeralds. A lot. Specifically 2,500. Why we need this much is because we want a portal to Carthage and back. A portal to Carthage costs 1,000 emeralds and a portal to Wizards costs 1,500. So please contribute emeralds.
  • We also need 4 stacks of iron blocks. This is for a future beacon pyramid that we will be making. We will put 5 beacons onto it, so donate your iron please.
  • Lastly, we need wither skulls. Ayatollah_Ali already has one, so we need 14 more (for 5 beacons). After we collect the heads, we will have a giant wither fight (fighting them one by one) at a location to be decided later.
Please help us reach these 4 goals. I know we can. After all, we are wizards.

Status
Not open for further replies.