[Outdated post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmm Like the city idea will you be moving int he direction of Crucia though?
What do you mean by the "Crucia" direction?

The general idea we're working on is that the entire city has 9x9 "tiles" with supports rising from the sea-bed. When we make a building we allocate a set amount of tiles for it to be built within (e.g, the apothecary below as allocated 3 tiles) this ~

• Ensures that land is created on a per-need basis, no wasted space.
  • Ensures buildings are close together to give a proper city feel.
  • Generally makes it feel more busy and 'bustled'
  • I think, largely amplifies the effect the buildings have.
  • Allows us to do it in a modular fashion (you want to build a house? okay, add two tiles to the edge and build on them!)
  • Allows us to try maintain the circular shape of the city.

The city when finished will be open for all and i hope, in future, we can get a few good transport links going. But we'll see, we're a long way off yet.

also, first building! the first floor of the apothecary (second floor will house resident apothecary wizards/store owners) it's not much, but its a start.

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
I was just curious how far you were expanding as my town is quite near yours. Thank you for the offer next time I catch you online I would be very pleased to build a house in your town. Also if you need any help with the city I would be more then willing to help.

Reaction score
Ingame Name: Darknarutokiwi

Wizard Title: The Tinkerer
Many years ago, in a quiet, peaceful little village lived a family. This family was composed of a mother, a father, and a son. The mother's name was Winter, she was a mechanic, working with machines and making the home and land more automated with various machines. The father's name was Arkiten, he was a tinkerer, creating devices and playing around with what the residents of the land called "Red Stone". He created machines, some delicate and small, others large and strong, but all his creations were to help the surrounding citizens and residents of the land. The boy's name was Periphos. A small lad who would sit by the fireplace with his small wolf pup named Val, (short for valiant) constructing toys and miniature machines. They were all happy, that was, until "He" showed up. A shroud of darkness enveloped the land, plunging all into perpetual night. An endless storm was cast upon the land by a beast only known by one name. The Rot. Rain poured and wind bellowed. The house belonging to the quaint little family was being torn apart. The Rot knew their son would grow up to face him one day, and didn't want to go through the trouble of fighting him. The conclusion he came to was to snatch Periphos's parents away. Instead of discouraging him, it gave him strength. Periphos, nowadays wanders the land with his pet wolf searching for a possible way to bring back his mother and father. At this day, Periphos is a powerful mechanic, and a magical expert. On his travels Periphos became a mix, somewhere between an alchemist and a tinkerer. He learned the ways of sorcery and magic in an attempt to become strong enough to duel The Rot, alas, he is not at that point yet, though he's an expert he continues to train in the ways of sorcery to attain his true power.

crashb23

The Rising Star
Reaction score
Ingame name- Crashb23

Backstory- Previously the son of the owner of a prestigious chain of inns and rest stops, young Crash is adept at building and maintaining large buildings. One day during a particularly busy holiday season, the furnace wouldn't light to cook the guests pork chops. Miracously, Crash shot fire from his fingertips, and managed to cook all the guests dinner's to a lovely black crisp. His dad threw him out, and he has been looking for a place to practice his skills since.

Why I should be in Wizard:

I am in the process of building what I hope to be a secondary home away from home for traveling wizards. Located conveniently near Carthage at x 50, z 400, this tower is a great rest stop for the wizard on the go who wishes to feel the comfort and amenities of home.

GlassesFreek

Reaction score
In-game username: GlassesFreek

Wizard Title: The Halfling

Backstory: There once was a man named Ghoronwad who was born three sizes too small. He was about half the size of all of his kind and they all made fun of him for it. No one called him by his name, Ghoronwad, but by a nickname he had been called as a young boy. The first day of school, when he walked into class, a boy seeing that he was half as tall as him, called him a halfling. Unfortunately for poor Ghoronwad, the name stuck. All through school everyone called him halfling, even the teachers. After he graduated, he thought it would be all over, but unfortunately it was not. No one knew his real name, for everyone had called him halfling. At the age of twenty-one, he couldn't stand it anymore. He ran to his house, locked the door, and threw away the key. At his house he spent his time for a year, not speaking a word, not seeing a soul, until one day he got a letter slid under his door. He crawled towards it. "I never get letters," he thought to himself as he opened it. Inside was a note written to him. It said: Dear Ghoronwad, I have heard of your troubles and I have a solution. Please meet me at the town gate tonight at nine. Sincerely, a Concerned Observer. Ghoronwad was scared that this was a trick that his neighbors had set up, but this was his only hope. So at nine, he slowly opened his door and crept down to the town gate. There he saw a man dressed in a brown robe. The man said, "Follow me if you want to be tall." So Ghoronwad followed him, through forests and deserts, until they stopped at a hut on an island. The man turned to Ghoronwad and said, "My name is Dranrod, and I am a wizard. I will teach you to be one to, Ghoronwad, and then you can make yourself taller. What do you say?" Without a moment's hesitation, Ghoronwad agreed and his training began. He learned how to make potions, cast spells, and properly drink tea. A few months later, after all of his training, Dranrod said, "It is time to use what you have learned." Ghoronwad nodded and thew a potion on the floor. Suddenly, Ghoronwad started to get taller. He danced for joy once he realized he was now as tall as everybody else. Dranrod settled him down. "Now that I'm a wizard, what do I do?" Ghoronwad asked. Dranrod sighed and said, "You aren't a wizard yet. You still need to have a title." Ghoronwad knew exactly what to pick. "It'll be halfling!" Ghoronwad said, "For this will remind everyone of what I was, and how far I've come!" So Ghoronwad said goodbye and went on his way, through forests and across deserts, to see what other adventures he could find as a wizard.

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, applications closed. If you have not been added to the roster I am afraid that due to extensive wizard obesity, we no longer have the room capacity for any more.

However i would like to outline what happens now.
1.) The idea is to build an initial 'prefab' ring with well crafted buildings and character/story, the first of such buildings is seen here.

When this prefab ring is done we will invite travellers to come and live in/build at the city. The city will "Not" belong to any one faction (However factions are welcome to come set up their own area of the city ~ providing that it is open to the rest of the city and falls within our rules/general style) , it will be run by the wizards but only for the purpose of avoiding a clusterfuck of dirt cubes, as well as supplying food/building material to people who have been granted building permission..

2.) Upon completion of the town, we will move to assisting in general server infrastructure (railroads, pathways, etc.) to better aid people actually 'getting' to the city.

3.) We (the wizards) will then enter full roleplay mode - they will be expected to act like wizards whenever in local chat with non-wizards. Hopefully stories/UNOFFICIAL quests and the such can be made. Basically we will move to become a roleplay faction and the cities overseers (should it be succesful).

GlassesFreek

Reaction score
This is going to be fun acting like a wizard. I've always loved to act!

Correction: I will do my best to amplify my characteristics as a wizard while in conversation with mortals.

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Dear whoever has made the nether rail system:

Thankyou for creating this system to reach the wizards tower! However, in doing so, you have built your building to access it into one of the nether trees, and I notice that in doing so you have modified the blocks present, removing the scarce glowstone. Please move your netherrail route back a few blocks and replace the glowstone removed.

Thanks!

~roob

Snowman

Reaction score
Dear whoever has made the nether rail system:

Thankyou for creating this system to reach the wizards tower! However, in doing so, you have built your building to access it into one of the nether trees, and I notice that in doing so you have modified the blocks present, removing the scarce glowstone. Please move your netherrail route back a few blocks and replace the glowstone removed.

Thanks!

~roob
I am the person who built the Nether Network™. When I built the Wizard's tower station, I made sure I didn't remove any of the structures already present there. I made the building to encase the tree, without removing any blocks. If anybody else did remove the blocks, you'd have to complain to them, because it was not me.

• Agree
Reactions: Roobarb Pie

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Ah, okay, thankyou anyways. It may have just been me not seeing a block or two made me assume that they had been removed. Thanks for your efforts!

(also, if you want the castra portal, there's one near the wizard tower just above ceiling level which leads about 100 blocks from the castra walls to the hunters lodge.)

madhat99

Reaction score
can ppl going to/in the tower if they aren't wizards??
Note:I would look though this page to see if some one asked this bu there are three pages and I need to go to bed!

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
can ppl going to/in the tower if they aren't wizards??
Note:I would look though this page to see if some one asked this bu there are three pages and I need to go to bed!
Yes. The tower's door is always open. Not that it can really be closed.
You'll be able to explore every floor. However, you won't be able to access bedrooms unless someone left their door open.

txcinthehouse

Reaction score
Ingame name: txcinthehouse
Wizard Title: The Hairy Wizard
Backstory: It all began with a simple click, logging in, welcome to lava survival. There my story begins. Playing with friends some lava survival when suddenly my nickname was 'LegWax'. Nobody knew where this came from. It just happened. I felt uncomfortable with this. But then on my 11th birthday something weird happened. A big strong man busted our front door and brought me some cake (no this is not a lie). And then he said the famous words: 'You are a hairy wizard!'. Since that day I'm know as Txc The Hairy Wizard!!

• Winner
Reactions: Notme

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Okay, applications closed. If you have not been added to the roster I am afraid that due to extensive wizard obesity, we no longer have the room capacity for any more.
Ingame name: txcinthehouse
Wizard Title: The Hairy Wizard
Backstory: It all began with a simple click, logging in, welcome to lava survival. There my story begins. Playing with friends some lava survival when suddenly my nickname was 'LegWax'. Nobody knew where this came from. It just happened. I felt uncomfortable with this. But then on my 11th birthday something weird happened. A big strong man busted our front door and brought me some cake (no this is not a lie). And then he said the famous words: 'You are a hairy wizard!'. Since that day I'm know as Txc The Hairy Wizard!!
Sorry txc but the applications were closed

Status
Not open for further replies.