Nightswood Infiltration [Game Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Enderfive votecount? ;-;

Why would you remind us of being a suspicous, it makes no sense from a town perspective.
Eh, that's just Notty. Nothing suspicious (or even out of the ordinary) about that at all, really.
This together with the whole Kallie lynching and you voting for me makes you the biggest suspect for today IMO.
My main qualm with this is the italicized portion. I smell an omgus.
(Just because you claimed conspiracy theorist does not mean I'm not going to look at your posts with the same criticism I do with others'.)

The third party killing role likely has a delayed kill not involving a doll. (If the doll was involved, someone before would have said something) [based on things you've said, not necessarily something I believe; I think the kill is alt-night, but it's the same outcome in this case]

The mafia would have no interest in killing you, as you're not a threat to them whatsoever. On the contrary, they may even want to keep you alive because the third party killer could be just a big a threat to them as the town. [based on logic]

Based on these two things, It's actually not likely that you'll die in the night. The night after that, maybe, but not tonight. So why not wait on lynching notty and investigate them? It's very likely you'll still be alive tomorrow, and we can avoid a possible mislynch.

--
Disclaimer: I had this all typed out before I asked you whether you thought notty was mafia or third party, and given your answer, it's not /extremely/ relevant anymore, but I'm not a fan of writing posts and not actually posting them. I wrote this post under my view that Notty is third party, and overlooked yours.
The bottom line is that I agree that notty is bad, but I disagree that they're mafia.

I'm also going to extend my question to the others voting notty ( Fragile Samlen ) do you think notty of mafia or do you think they're third party?

• Thank You
Reactions: Nottykitten

Samlen

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount:

Nottykitten (3) - Samlen, Fragile, Vatumok
Samlen (1) - Nottykitten

Here's the current votecount, Tim, posted just a few posts ago =p

And as for your question, I'm not sure if they are third-party or mafia(leaning more towards third-party but it's just a hunch), I just think that Notty has malicious intent towards the town.

• Haha
Reactions: Nottykitten

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Overthinking everything again, I can say with decent certainty that there is no fool in this game. What the 2 3rd party roles do is still not fully known yet but from what I've seen fool doesn't fit with what has happened. I think I will learn more about the roles as the nights go on.
This makes me want to vote for Fragile as 3rd party more actually, it could be possible that part of Fragile's role to want notty dead. We can know that Fragile is not distrusting notty as he joined in on his bandwagon to kill kallie but rather just wants him dead. The way he has confused town he almost must be anti-town.

Opinions?

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
The role you're thinking of is lyncher. At the start of the game, the lyncher is given a target who must be lynched in order for the lyncher to win. Any other circumstance results in a loss.

While it's possible that fragile could be lyncher, it's not really a dangerous role at all.
What /is/ dangerous is his reckless play and mindless voting.
I think the entire reason fragile says he thinks notty is a third party killer is because I do. And he's voting on it. And I'm not (yet).
meh, why not

vote notty
I've been suspicious of notty the whole game. If other people are up for voting for her' I'll happily do so too unless I outright think someone else is mafia.
This is what fragile said when he voted notty.
I don't know. Leaning towards Notty being 3p killer
This is what he said when I asked "mafia out third party"

Remember what I said about thinking fragile's claim of thinking notty was third party was because I did? Well... Now I'm not even so sure he thinks that.
At this point, I'm pretty much certain that fragile is just looking to lynch /someone/.
But I don't think it's because he's a lyncher, because I don't think there is a lyncher (or a paranormal adaptation) because it wouldn't fit the theme of the game.

Which leads me to believe that fragile is either playing poorly or simply wants to reduce the town's numbers as much as possible by causing mislynches.

.... I've typed all of this on my phone... It's taken the last half hour... I'm done...

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Mislynching is why I was constantly voting/unvoting notty. I understand the suspicion though.
Do you mean you were voting/unvoting notty hoping for a mislynch or trying to avoid a mislynch? >.<
Sorry, my brain isn't really on right now and I was kind of confused after reading tim's post above ya.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyways, I'm going to ask a question. It's something that I think needs to be asked because we've had a role-claim, and a pretty significant role-claim at that for the town. And despite this, only about half of us (i think half of us, I went back to see who posted and I think it only came to around half. I'm tired so sorry if it's not actually half and I miscounted) still alive have acknowledged it in-thread or have posted since then, and that claim was almost a week ago. We have 6 days left before the deadline hits and we need to decide on who to lynch before then unless we're just going to be apathetic and let Notty or whoever is leading in votes die without much discussion about it.
So let's do some tagging! (do people get alert through spoilers? actually I haven't gotten alerts when I get tagged recently so I don't know if this'll work... I'll just tag everyone cause why not.)
I just copied/pasted this from the first page of the thread where it said "alive players".
Ooglie101
77thShad
Fiestaguy
Nottykitten
Fragile
Fruit
Timdood3
ShadeSlayer98
Samlen
myusername22
JKangaroo
Vatumok
Jivvi
GmK
Anyways, a question:
What do you think about Vatu's claim of Conspiracy Theorist? (Claim can be found on pg 15.)
and secondly: What should we do with it? (as Vatu has asked for suggestions/discussion on who he should investigate tonight IIRC)

Although we've talked about it and the messages Vatu's got, no one's really given any thoughts on whether they believe the claim or not, or its usefulness as a claim now, or other such thoughts about the subject that's usually touched on whenever a player comes forward with a claim.

I myself have tried to skirt talking about it because I wanted to see how other people weighed in on their thoughts on the claim and see how discussion went from there.
At the time of the claim I frankly was extremely skeptical about the claim, because it was out of nowhere and imo usually a big important role for the town, in this case the conspiracy theorist, like the cop would try to stay hidden and keep their role underwraps unless they had a major breakthrough or its far enough into the game that announcing innocents/investigated people could narrow down our field of lynching targets.

I didn't want to directly talk about this role because I thought, because Vatu (at first, he said it later) didn't name his investigations, and secondly because it came out of nowhere, that this was supposed to be a fake-claim by a gutsy normal civilian in an attempt to draw out Mafia, and addressing skepticism about the role might ruin that plan. (don't ask me how it was supposed to do that, I just know thats how I felt at the time and thought it made sense at the time and I don't know anymore why it made sense so don't ask me about it. thanks.)

Anyways, now that we've had more to discuss, I feel like I believe Vatu in his roleclaim.
With Vatu roleclaiming because he thought he might/would die to the 3rd-party killer and further information being revealed that this "mark of death" he believed was to be from the killer and took the form of a doll, I feel 2 things:
(1) That the doll is not a mark of death, but rather has a very high chance of being a doll gifted by a creepy girl role being a candidate for the missing 3rd-party role alongside the killer.
(2) Vatu claimed due to the belief that he would die tonight to share information before that happened. With the new information of the doll being what he thought was a mark of death, I feel like the mistaking of the doll being the "mark of death" rather than perhaps a creepy girl role to give the claim more validity... mostly in terms of how it feels. (but that "feeling" may just be me, and yes, the "mistaking" bit is only on my assumption that it is a creepy girl and not a delayed killing and not anyone actually mistaking anything, it's just word choice. We won't really know the truth until a later date)

Anyways that's what I think. I think Vatu is telling the truth and that because I think it's a creepy girl doll, think Vatu will hopefully be immune from dying in the night (because the Mafia & the other third-party would be mad to let the creepy girl win instead of them should it actually turn out to be a creepy girl).

We already know GmK and Fruit aren't 3rd party (since I guess the 3rd parties are the "paranormal" element?) or at least don't have anything paranormal going on with them. And conspiracy theorist is town so count Vatu out (of course)
That leaves 11 other players that could be investigated for paranormal activity.
--->If we want to continue the "search quieter people" trend that went on with GmK and fruit being chosen to be investigated, I suggest Shade or Fiesta... and if not the search quieter people part then purely because of those silly "quiet person/win condition" conspiracy theory posts I made. I mean hey, they're only hunches. What can a guy do but suggest em? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
--->If they aren't lynched today, you could investigate "hot topic" people currently in-game who people are considering suspicious or have had discussion about them, like Notty or Tim. If not just for the sake of investigating and shortening our list of candidates, but also to quell fears(or validate them should they be right!) of people believing X person is 3rd-party.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I should probably read back and see who people are most suspicious of and why the current votes are in place again (I forgot, sorry) and see if that has stuff worth discussing because we do need to decide on a person to vote on before Sunday...
...but I'm too tired to do that now and it's late. :p

But that's about all I have to say about Vatu's claim in any case I think. I want to see what other people think.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
--->If they aren't lynched today, you could investigate "hot topic" people currently in-game who people are considering suspicious or have had discussion about them, like Notty or Tim.
Still don't know what I did or if anyone even actually finds me suspicious anymore.
Anyways, a question:
What do you think about Vatu's claim of Conspiracy Theorist? (Claim can be found on pg 15.)
and secondly: What should we do with it? (as Vatu has asked for suggestions/discussion on who he should investigate tonight IIRC)
I do, begrudgingly, believe it. I still want to believe he's mafia, but I have no reason (at this time) to think the claim is false.
As for what we do with it...He'll get one more investigation at most, probably. So like...I dunno. Like I said before (I think), The mafia aren't really going to care if the conspiracy theorist is alive; it doesn't hurt them at all. I still think notty should be investigated before lynching, but it doesn't look like there's many other options for lynching at this moment.
think Vatu will hopefully be immune from dying in the night (because the Mafia & the other third-party would be mad to let the creepy girl win instead of them
I wanted to point this out the first time you said this, but I stopped myself (because I didn't want to look like I was painting a target on vatu/like I was defending the creepy girl), but I feel I should point it out this time because I don't want us to have a false sense of security. In any other game in this community, a third party win doesn't end the game (iirc) so it's not likely to be a "win instead of them" and I don't think the mafia or killer would really care about having a creepy girl tag along with them to victory. (Taken literally, it sounds like they would mind, but you know, context.)
I still think Vatu will survive this night, but after that I think he's going to meet his end . _.

Side note: I got very little sleep last night (two hours or less) and have been awake for less than an hour, so anything that doesn't make sense in this post, (phrasing, idiocy, etc.) I blame that. Anything that doesn't make sense just ask and I'll try to clarify when my brain works.

Samlen

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well on the first point, there's little to no reason to not believe Vatu's claim by this point. The fact that he believed he was marked for death makes is reasonable that he would claim now and unless we have an extreme lurker conspiracy theorist, Vatu IS our conspiracy theorist. Now, I've seen two different points on what's likely to happen to Vatu (won't die because mafia won't want to kill him and die in a couple nights). In reality, if we do have a third-party killer (which seems likely after last night), and they are paranormal (guess we're assuming this too for now), then that third-party killer is going to kill Vatu tonight, and probably won't care about the creepy girl's win. On the chance that he does survive, I'd suggest he investigates whomever he feels like investigating, that way we give the paranormal roles less of a chance to figure out whom he is going to investigate.

On a different topic, Notty, since you have the most votes, can you give yourself defense as to why we shouldn't lynch you? My hunch on you having malicious intent towards the town is more or less that, a hunch (which is stronger than any idea I have on anyone else right now (Less lurking please), hence the vote).

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
On a different topic, Notty, since you have the most votes, can you give yourself defense as to why we shouldn't lynch you? My hunch on you having malicious intent towards the town is more or less that, a hunch (which is stronger than any idea I have on anyone else right now (Less lurking please), hence the vote).
Because lynching me would result in a mislynch that would cause the town to be closer to losing. Which is literally the worst reason I could give since anyone can say this, and I don't really know anything that can prove I'm more town than anyone else. I mean why'd I unvote? Because I wasnt entirely happy with the bandwagon that followed my vote on Kallie and I just wanted to remove it. Also that way I could see if anyone would suddenly vote Tim to change the outcome of the day. Which didn't happen and I didn't expect it would. Also a reason was because I just wanted to know what people'd say about it. Because it wouldn't show up on the end-of-day votings I was wondering if people would just forget about it and I was curious. Didn't happen though x).

I don't really have a better target than me. The only one I can suggest is you, though my vote on you is also pretty much a hunch. It's based on the fact that I think you're Mafia and you're using the fact that I lynched someone who is town against me. I know lynching a towny is bad but I think you're Mafia trying to get an easy lynch on me with that reason.

JKangaroo

Reaction score
I wanted to point this out the first time you said this, but I stopped myself (because I didn't want to look like I was painting a target on vatu/like I was defending the creepy girl), but I feel I should point it out this time because I don't want us to have a false sense of security. In any other game in this community, a third party win doesn't end the game (iirc) so it's not likely to be a "win instead of them" and I don't think the mafia or killer would really care about having a creepy girl tag along with them to victory. (Taken literally, it sounds like they would mind, but you know, context.)
I still think Vatu will survive this night, but after that I think he's going to meet his end . _.
I can see the reasoning in that.
I thought about that situation later after posting but as far as I know the only game where we explicitly knew that a 3rd party winning wouldn't end the game was in GmK's TBD season since almost half of us in that game were third-party, and 3rd parties did win without ending the game like ender with his amazing roll. All others as far as I remember would end should a 3rd party win, though I don't think it ever came to a situation where they did win by those means.
Or maybe I missed something. *shrugs*

I guess that's a question that Ender could answer if he wanted to/we wanted to ask since it's not really a big detail to be kept secret... right? If 3rd parties win does the came end and all that.
If not, then I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I can see the reasoning in that.
I thought about that situation later after posting but as far as I know the only game where we explicitly knew that a 3rd party winning wouldn't end the game was in GmK's TBD season since almost half of us in that game were third-party, and 3rd parties did win without ending the game like ender with his amazing roll. All others as far as I remember would end should a 3rd party win, though I don't think it ever came to a situation where they did win by those means.
Or maybe I missed something. *shrugs*

I guess that's a question that Ender could answer if he wanted to/we wanted to ask since it's not really a big detail to be kept secret... right? If 3rd parties win does the came end and all that.
If not, then I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
damn tbd was a great game

As for this season, the game ends when one of the main factions fulfills its win condition.

Samlen

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Suspicion not completely averted, but we need to get some of the lurkers to say something, so switching vote for now.

Unvote

Vote Fiestaguy

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
Me but school holidays starting this weekend so activity will pick up.

As for vatu, no cc so I guess he is what he says he is and there's not much we can do about it honestly due to losing our doc.

I don't have too much to say atm due to not really forming opinions on many people.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
i would really like to vote for katman but someone pointed out that his exasperating brashness was him playing a relatively pure game, not many falsehoods of character to be seen. additionally, i would bet money that were he mafia, gmk would have died night one.

on the flip side, i can see the possibility of gmk killing kallie night one to set up his crack theory of a new player mafia. i cant find jk's response, but iirc it either refuted or refined the theory, placing jk on either the same side of the coin as gmk or the opposite. i say this because players as experienced as they should be able to identify such a distinguishable wifom situation and discredit such a theory.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
i would really like to vote for katman but someone pointed out that his exasperating brashness was him playing a relatively pure game, not many falsehoods of character to be seen. additionally, i would bet money that were he mafia, gmk would have died night one.

on the flip side, i can see the possibility of gmk killing kallie night one to set up his crack theory of a new player mafia. i cant find jk's response, but iirc it either refuted or refined the theory, placing jk on either the same side of the coin as gmk or the opposite. i say this because players as experienced as they should be able to identify such a distinguishable wifom situation and discredit such a theory.
I believe jk did a bit of both.
iirc it was something of a "nah, that's preposterous... Hey wait a minute, what if... Ah damn it, now you have me thinking it could actually be true!"
Ladies and gentlemen, my spot on impression of the lovely jkangaroo.
.... It's five in the morning and I can't sleep... Forgive any mis-rememberings and/or failed attempts at humor.

• Winner
Reactions: JKangaroo

JKangaroo

Reaction score
I think tim's answer is spot on. :p
But, if you want to actual post, here it is for your viewing pleasure (Location: pg 15):
-insert other stuff I said here-
-insert quote by GmK here-
No no no, it's a sound theory, a very sound theory.
Both the "strong players are alive because they're Mafia" theory and the "new players could unaware of strong townies" theory are both sound...
...in theory.
In fact I do believe there was a large debate on this very topic many, many games ago. Maybe it was Alpha's Season 5... I'm not entirely sure and too lazy to look back and check. But in any case, I do believe both theories somewhat fell away from use many games ago, maybe even to that season stated previously, popping up every now and again as we see happening now.
But I do believe neither is the case.

For starters, the "new players" theory would work, for the most part only if the entire or a significant portion of the Mafia team were new. As we can see, the only "super new" players I guess would be Kallie, whos dead (sadly) and Shade. Not a very good sample size if you ask me. I guess we could add some other people in there too I guess; people with somewhat less experience with only a few games under their belt... But I feel we'll still not have that many people to account for.

We could also go for the "veterans" theory, which has a bit more ground as I feel many players in-game already have quite a bit of experience here (and perhaps even off) of these forums. But like I said previously, I feel like the "kill the big players" has somewhat fallen by the wayside over many previous games. It was a good tactic in early games and seasons, and to a degree it still is as some players can be dangerous... but I feel Mafia are looking out more for claim-tells and possible power-roles instead of just going the night and shooting someone at random...

...Now honestly when I started typing that silly theory spiel I kind of was just making it for the hell of it as it honestly isn't going to contribute anything to furthering the game in any way and it was more like I was making conersation. And I'm really just sitting here trying to do something and keep procrastinating so I can NOT study my discrete math work because oh my god I hate math so much, but that last paragraph got me thinking.

Noah's death definitely was a bit strange in the beginning; you definitely would have expected a more experienced player to get shot (plus it's kind of like a friendly gesture to let newbies or oldies who haven't played in awhile to live a little longer <3) , and if we want to go with the "new players" theory, the death might be understandable. What if we look at the other nightly deaths?: Raxo makes sense from a Mafia stand-point: kill the obvious (and unfortunate) roleclaim. BAM! One less headache to worry about. Mafia knows how effective a doc can be in the right hands (I remember how many lives digi made in that one game and it killed me inside as a mafia member).
..But Caff? I don't recall anything that warranted Caff dying. It was random, out of the blue. The most I feel Caff did thats related to what we've been talking about was being one of those who helped lynch Kallie, and that's about it. And we can easily assume it was done by the third-party; they probably knew raxo was going to get shot by Mafia so it would be a waste to target him, and so they took a pot-shot at random. By why Caff? Here would be where the "veteran" theory would kick-in, since that's a valid choice on pot-shot kills without any good information.

There's also the theory that I thought of just now because as the tracker, Caff could have also died to the third-party who had an ability that kills her if she visits them... but that's a bit far-fetched. It doesn't really fit the theme of the game or tie into any of the other roles unless you count the vig, cop, doc, etc alongside the tracker as "visiting." Still far-fetched imo.

TL;DR what I'm thinking is that GmK may be onto something, and perhaps, from what I'm thinking, maybe Shade(or a different less-experienced player) is a 3p. Maybe even a 3p killer.
Who knows. It's just a wild conspiracy/game theory. :p

Also darnit GmK, you got me using those theories even though I just said they were totally not being used that much anymore. *grumble grumble*
Is it a good theory? A bad theory? I don't know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ You decide!

I haven't posted in a bit because I've been trying to catch up on a class I've been falling very behind in. Luckily, since today is a rest day for me I'll make a post in a couple of hours about thoughts on the current voting situation. But unless we get some new discussion soon(has fiesta responded to Sam's vote?) it looks like Notty will be defaulted to be lynched on Sunday.

Reactions: Timdood3

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
He's in this game?
who else is being quiet to the point of nonexistence?
To answer my own question, shade, myu, sheep, and pivvi (+77 and gmk, but it's totally normal for them to not say anything... :c )

Thanks to the surge of inactivity (well, that and the fact that I've not been sleeping well), I don't remember much of this day. Basically all I remember is vatu's claim and the whole "experienced mafia" theory thing (which I don't really think is applicable/reliable...However, I wasn't around in the days where it was used and accepted, though I have read through a few of them). Am I missing anything or is that it? - Actually I just remembered the whole creepy girl thing. That happened.

As a note on notty: I have no qualms at all with notty being lynched, because I still think they're the third party killer, but I'm not going to vote them because...I don't actually know why. Maybe something to do with still wanting them investigated before lynching, but I don't really see that happening....So again, not really sure [why I'm not voting them].

/me is just looking for things to say until jk finishes his post that he's probably in the process of writing now.

JKangaroo

Reaction score
Thanks to the surge of inactivity (well, that and the fact that I've not been sleeping well), I don't remember much of this day.
Well, then how about we do a recap of what's happened today (and to an extent, yesterday as yesterday has played out some events today):
JKang's-probably-missing-something-and-possible-misinterpreting-also-shortened-explanations-and-long recap:
  • Yesterday, Kallie_S was lynched. She was the Town Armourer.
    • The votes placed on her totaled to 4. Those who voted her included: Fragile, CaffKitty, Raxo2222, Timdood.
    • Nottykitten, a page beforehand, unvoted on Kallie_S
  • Last night, CaffKitty was killed. She was the Town Tracker.
    • It is presumed that this death was a result by a possible 3rd-party killer.
  • Last night, Raxo2222 was killed. He was the Town Doctor.
    • It is presumed that this death was a kill by the Mafia
    • It is also believed that this death was most likely caused by raxo's claim in response to JKang's post which can be found here. This claim stated that "I'm a Townie with a power role. I used it on someone just in case."
      • Raxo also had an unannounced, but allowed "last words"
  • Currently 14 players alive. 4 are currently dead(all town).
    • About 8 town remain; 3 are the power-roles Cop, Vig, and Conspiracy Theorist
    • About 4 mafia remain; 2 are power-roles Forger, and Brute
    • About 2 3rd-parties/unknown roles remain.
  • Sam and Vat appear to want to take a closer look at those who voted Kallie the previous night (Tim, Frag, and Notts)
  • Oog gives us a recap on who voted who
  • Shade notes that because tim isn't dead yet, there is a chance he is mafia
  • GmK shows up with a "less experienced are mafia" theory
    • JKang gives a reply to GmK's theory discussing the "Less experienced/more experienced" theories
  • Sam votes Notty based on the "who voted Kallie" idea
    • Fragile also votes Notty (why?)
    • Notty votes Sam due to "who voted Kallie" idea + not voting Vatu because of Conspiracy Theorist claim
  • Vatu claims role of Conspiracy Theorist
    • Actions taken:
      • Night 1 - investigate Fruit - nothing paranormal
      • Night 2 - investigate GmK - nothing paranormal
    • Believes 3rd-party killer may be a "delayed kill"
      • This is the reason Vatu claimed today!
      • Thinks the kill is delayed because its a "Marked for death?"
        • Night message was about "finding a doll in my bed"
        • Due to doll revelation, it is theorized that instead of a delayed kill, the third-party involved with the doll could be a 3rd-party Creepy Girl; other theories: inventor?
        • Theory that the doll can be passed around emerges
        • We also learned if a 3rd party wins, the game doesn't end!
    • Wants help in deciding who to investigate tonight
    • Also received a message that there is indeed a 3rd party killing role(what was that message?)
  • Vatu votes Notty for reminding us that she is suspicious + "who voted Kallie"
  • Also 77 and Jivvi showed up for the first time in awhile(first time for Jivvi)
    • Super quiet players haven't talked much at all; other players have been trying to alert them. Quiet Players(stolen from tim's post):
      shade, myu, sheep, and pivvi (+77 and gmk, but it's totally normal for them to not say anything... :c )
  • Everything else on Pg 17. We're on this page already unless my post goes over to the next page.... so go read it yourself ya derp.
  • Current votecount:
Nottykitten (2) - Fragile, Vatumok
Samlen (1) - Nottykitten
Feistaguy (1) - Samlen
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Few... that took longer than I thought, and is less of a tl;dr recap and more like I just took everything in the thread and copy-pasted. Well... maybe the lengths because of the bulletpointing so I hope its not that bad. (please be not that bad)

Anyways...
Now that I've gone and looked back through the thread I...
...I honestly can't say I really know who I find suspicious. No one really jumps out at me, and there are so many quiet players that it's kind of hard to gain hunches.
In fact, one of my previous hunches was Vatu, largely due to the lack of explanation in voting and certain leaps in logic. But after the conspiracy theorist claim I ended up somewhat like tim who, though I was suspicious, I accept and believe vatu's claim. (and I believe the evidence and openness of information has attested to this)

In terms of our current players on the chopping block:
Notty - I can understand the suspicion on Notty. I do. I myself do not trust Notty. (Who would after Bloody Masquerade.) And although the back and forth between Notty and Ooglie was rather confusing and a bit suspicious (a lot of yesterday was silly) I don't feel the current "reasoning" for voting Notty feels strong enough to vote her.

I agree with Notty that the "find Mafia in who voted kallie" is somewhat silly at this point in time. Although there is very likely always a chance you'll find a Mafia member amoung a bandwagon or vote, the circumstances that led up to Kallie's lynching does not meet that criteria I believe.
And the reasoning for that I've said before: 2 out of the 5 are dead (raxo and Caff), both were town. That leaves 3 remaining: tim, Notty, and Frag.

-Tim's vote was understandable; he was being bandwagoned through votes by Shade and Kallie; Kallie didn't state any reasoning for the vote, and thus tim retaliated with a vote of his own. It was an OMGUS vote, certainly; the voting there had flaws on both sides, but as it stands I don't believe tim is all that suspicious.
-Frag's vote.... I refuse to discuss the matter of Frag's vote (I don't know how to respond to it/make a sufficient enough response)
-Notty started the bandwagon, which I can see the reasoning in (similar to the above with tim, if that was indeed part of Notty's reasoning). But she also unvoted at about the last second, which is strange and though the reasons/implications for unvoting feel sound, it was a bit too-little, too-late. But otherwise I don't feel any evidence for Notty is compelling enough.

Our other players who have been voted on include Fiesta, whom I'm certain Sam just voted in order to garner some response as Fiesta has been one of the quieter players.
And Notty's vote on Sam ... well, I do agree with Notty in terms of disagreeing with Sam's current line of logic, but I don't think that makes me suspicious of Sam. So I don't know what else to say about that. *shrugs*

And that's what I've taken

All-in-all, I'm getting a feeling, just itching at the back of my mind, that to an extent Vatu was right in terms of what he said here:
The way the voting and conversation has gone is leading me to believe that the mafia is controlling the days and therefore I am stepping up a bit as townie to make sure we're not just lynched out.
Now I don't think the Mafia has necessarily been "controlling the days" per-se. Rather I feel like they're sort of just letting us, the town, bicker about ourselves with in-fighting while they watch and wait as we continue to whittle ourselves down with poor plays (Town PR's not announcing who they are before they get lynched or pre-maturely revealing themselves) and letting us do last minute bandwagons on players just so we can get a lynch in at the last minute based on very little.

And yes, I know that in every game the Mafia "watch us as we fight amoungst ourselves."
And yes, I know that the last-minute bandwagon thing tends to be catalyzed by hidden Mafioso's.
But I feel like rather than this occurring, in this case it's just all been the town (and probably 3rd parties) causing it. And because of that I just can't feel certain enough to vote alongside any of the current players who are considered "suspicious."
It's just a gut feeling; and I hate gut feelings but I'm gonna go along with it anyways.

...And yes, I'm going to be super hypocritical about everything I just said about not voting with good evidence
...And yes, I'm just going to go ahead with it anyways because why not, it's not like it's going to matter anyways. Plus it's a hunch and I don't like any of the current people being voted to be lynched (wow that sort of sounds like an election) so Ima just go ahead and...

vote Mooglie
There are 8 town; 4 Mafia; 2 3rd-party
I'll try to color them what I think primarily to match above, but I have mixed feelings or no feelings about nearly all. Most of em aren't strong opinions at all and most colours probably aren't what I actually believe and just so I can match the current # of alignments in game... (even though I break that rule I made)
  • Ooglie101 - Mooofia. Personal hunch.
  • 77thShad - ??? May have replied early on but in a similar position as Jivvi. Wildcard? Maybe. 77's always quiet, only tends to show Mafia or Town tendencies late into the game.
  • Fiestaguy - ??? Could be anything. I don't know. I lean toward 3rd-party or Town. I don't know; I'm tired. I haven't seen much of fiesta lately so no real opinions.
  • Nottykitten - Mafia or Town; Could be evil, could be not(ty). You never know with that cat.
  • Fragile - Town even though I don't believe it.
  • Fruit - ??? *shrug* Not enough to say anything bad about fruit.
  • Timdood3 - Mafia or Town. I think town now but I'm certain that's going to stab me in the back later.
  • ShadeSlayer98 - I can't decide whether Shade's a townie, or a poorly disguised 3rd-party. Mixed bag imo.
  • Samlen - Sam can be a very, very convincing townie where he seems like a townie almost every game, but just because I think there's no compelling evidence currently doesn't mean I can't think Sam's a possible Mafioso. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Mafia is my main hunch, but townie is a close second.
  • myustername22 - *shrug* Mostly to fill in my quota of "at least 4 people coloured red for Mafia" to fulfill the statement I said above. Myuser tends to stay somewhat quiet/somewhat involved at the same time, and usually comes across as town who sometimes looks like a 3rd-party. But mostly I haven't noticed myuser lately so no strong opinion.
  • JKangaroo - Me, myself, and I. I'm town. Hi. Nice to meet you. Lovely weather we're having.
  • Vatumok - Conspiracy Theorist. Evidence seems to point to telling the truth.
  • Jivvi - ??? Jivvi just started responding to the thread. Considering that, I have nothing to go on; I don't think Jivvi could be third-party considering he just started talking almost 3-days in, and Mafia seems almost as unlikely. A wildcard?
  • GmK - Probably 3rd-party. Definitely third-party. Don't you remember that game he made where everyone was third-party? I do. That makes him a third-party. Obviously.

JKangaroo

Reaction score
The only thing I'm proud of in that post is my recap.
I think it looks pretty good, is informative, and gives specific posts as sources!

Everything else was garbage. <3
Now I'm tired and need something to drink. *yells offstage* "Hey! Can a guy get any water over here?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.