MEDIEVAL MAFIA: INTRUSION [DAY 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I don't think a mafia member would randomly vote. They tend to be more worried about people thinking they are guilty, so they try to play their best town. So if people that generally take the game lightly start to take it seriously, then that's something to look into.

And yes, that means I think the vote on Jivvi has no huge backing/isn't worth following up on.
What I am saying exactly. "I don't think a mafia member would randomly vote"
Which is why a mafia member can randomly vote to seem town-like.

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I don't think a mafia member would randomly vote. They tend to be more worried about people thinking they are guilty, so they try to play their best town. So if people that generally take the game lightly start to take it seriously, then that's something to look into.

And yes, that means I think the vote on Jivvi has no huge backing/isn't worth following up on.
What I am saying exactly. "I don't think a mafia member would randomly vote"
Which is why a mafia member can randomly vote to seem town-like.

This is a good point, If at any point people became too confident on what the mafia do then they could easily hide themselves and watch as town members drew themselves into the spotlight. However I don't feel this is the case. so long as it's easier to hide with the other townies and there are still people like you suspecting them. I feel this way for two reasons

1. Though unexpected this is generally a riskier move especially when the town can be less adept at people who are acting towny.

2. even if a majority of people thought "oh they must be town" putting themselves in such a position is naturally going to bring suspicion upon them and therefore likely to attract attention from the town power roles.

Because of the reasoning above I find that the Idea of a mafia hiding by drawing complete suspicion to them simply to be a longshot (this does not mean it is impossible). Seeing the odds of This being an intentional ploy by the mafia I find it much more likely this would be a joke (mafia can make jokes too).

I'm not saying Jivvi is innocent. I simply don't think there is any sufficient evidence, and think we should play out this day a tad more Before we push any lynches.

• Agree
Reactions: Enderfive

Joshua

Reaction score
Hello. Sorry for not participating earlier. Hope this'll be fun!

Pim

Reaction score
Sometimes its smarter to keep some explanations to yourself, as mafia can also use it to their advantage.
So, now there wont be any need to stay on Jivvi.

Unvote

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Am torn apart:

Both statistics and every mafia manual recommend absolutely against a D0 NL. There is not one good reason not to lynch on D0 (*except* in an uneven numbered player game)

But I personally so far don't see one indication of whom we could even consider lynchable. We have some silly behavior, which is normal, and some lurking people - which is normal as well. So far I only have a list of people I don't suspect, but not one I do...

Sploorky

Reaction score
If we really want to lynch day 0...we could all 'individually' vote for someone, and whoever has the most votes, the town decides to collectively lynch. Of course there is the issue of mafia grouping with one another, but...they're putting themselves at risk for connections being made anyways ;). Just a thought, we're not going to get much fairer than that.

Reaction score
I would suggest looking at everyone whose total posting history on amounts to answering our introduction questions. It would be a perfect opportunity to put in the sweet zone amount of effort needed to not lurk but not be in the spotlight for the mafia to answer those questions.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Hmm, I honestly hate the idea of ever mislynching. But that's just me... One thing we can do is use this day for discussion (mission accomplished) and see who Mafia kills in the night and look back on what was said by the dead player.

Pretty bad strategy, but I dunno...

(and sorry for being rather lurky, been busy irl and feeling sick today so ;x)

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
EVERYONE CLOSE YOUR EYES AND POINT TO THE MOST SUSPICIOUS PERSON HERE

I'm okay with naming a person looking suspicious, but I'm kinda afraid it's going to end up as a metagaming vote.

• Haha
Reactions: nitasu987

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
but I'm kinda afraid it's going to end up as a metagaming vote.

Exactly that. Currently I could only reason "against" someone due to meta knowledge, and doing so sucks.

I like Sploorkys idea, but with our level of activity we'd need ages for that to work out.

Da_Jinks, yes, it's compelling to simply NL and start properly the next day, but tbh - I have never seen a D1 where people went "Oh NOW it's MUCH clearer!" :D

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
If we really want to lynch day 0...we could all 'individually' vote for someone, and whoever has the most votes, the town decides to collectively lynch. Of course there is the issue of mafia grouping with one another, but...they're putting themselves at risk for connections being made anyways ;). Just a thought, we're not going to get much fairer than that.

No.

HypeBurst

Just Fabulous
Reaction score
Da_Jinks, yes, it's compelling to simply NL and start properly the next day, but tbh - I have never seen a D1 where people went "Oh NOW it's MUCH clearer!" :D
That is true, we may have nothing really to work off now but the next night we will probably lose one maybe two people and then we will just be like "so that happened :m".

The longer this conversation goes, the less confident I feel we will catch someone out, I think like the biggest argument against someone is "that person was trying to make a joke, LETS LYNCH THEM", which is rather silly in my eyes. When we started this game, I was against NL'ing but now I'm more neutral leaning towards being for NL'ing. I just hope the power roles can figure something out tonight.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
That is true, we may have nothing really to work off now but the next night we will probably lose one maybe two people and then we will just be like "so that happened :m".

The longer this conversation goes, the less confident I feel we will catch someone out, I think like the biggest argument against someone is "that person was trying to make a joke, LETS LYNCH THEM", which is rather silly in my eyes. When we started this game, I was against NL'ing but now I'm more neutral leaning towards being for NL'ing. I just hope the power roles can figure something out tonight.
But what if he wasn't making a joke but tried to seem town-like.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
We can do quite a lot from a psychological standpoint D0 when mafia don't know their partners. Pushing a bandwagon and watching for reactions is a particular tell.

Reaction score
Okay, I've put together a list of everyone who has responded to our initial questions subtracting people who've contributed significantly to the conversation (IMO)

GMK
Cooliorules
da jinks
nitasu
ansoro
pim
std
arachadonic
ltin
jivvi
watermelon
brownlee
hunter
thymos
storm
digitalmez
oldmanoak
cooliorules

If you will all follow me to the accusing parlor I think at least a couple of these names are alias' for scum!

HypeBurst

Just Fabulous
Reaction score
[

I didn't think of that, I was just working off of what I've seen of Jivvi on the forums. He seems to make as much jokes of possible and be a "happy-go-lucky" person. But with that being said, using his happy-go-lucky attitude would make him look extremely town and a perfect strategy for a mafia. I should keep prior perceptions of people out of the mafia game :c. I guess my FoS is on Jivvi slightly but also on MyUser, because they both did the same thing.

I still don't think we are anywhere near close for me to make a vote for Jivvi or MyUser right now, but that could change as the game progresses.

nitasu987

Reaction score
I have a legitimate question regarding the correlation between how much you talk and your level of scummitude:

Is it a higher amount of talking=higher scum rating, or vice versa? (just so I can make sense of all of this.)

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
[

I didn't think of that, I was just working off of what I've seen of Jivvi on the forums. He seems to make as much jokes of possible and be a "happy-go-lucky" person. But with that being said, using his happy-go-lucky attitude would make him look extremely town and a perfect strategy for a mafia. I should keep prior perceptions of people out of the mafia game :c. I guess my FoS is on Jivvi slightly but also on MyUser, because they both did the same thing.

I still don't think we are anywhere near close for me to make a vote for Jivvi or MyUser right now, but that could change as the game progresses.
I'm really tired and have a terrible headache but this Is the most suspicious thing I've seen the entire game. If i was seriously going after GMK i would've listed reasons. Here you're completely ignoring earlier arguments and putting suspicion upon Jivvi and myself (Jivvi could be suspicious who knows) all i know is i don't see the evidence being there to even lynch.

FoS: HypeBurst

HypeBurst

Just Fabulous
Reaction score
I'm really tired and have a terrible headache but this Is the most suspicious thing I've seen the entire game. If i was seriously going after GMK i would've listed reasons. Here you're completely ignoring earlier arguments and putting suspicion upon Jivvi and myself (Jivvi could be suspicious who knows) all i know is i don't see the evidence being there to even lynch.

FoS: HypeBurst
Ummmm, I was referring to the fact that you and Jivvi both put joke votes out there for GmK, I did not once say that you were "seriously going after Gmk", this post tells me that it was.

The vote on Gmk is legitimately nothing more than a joke I'll remove that vote now. also I'll be honest with you, Perhaps I joke around too much in this thread but I like to keep these games light. It's my playstyle I have been in many situations of epicmafia where the town killed themselves judging me for it.

I'm telling you this now so that you can be more aware of it. I'm not trying to be "Defensive" I'm simply trying to be informative. You raise up a good point though perhaps bringing up names wasn't my best idea but in all honesty, It was really nothing more than a Joke

unvote
There is a lack of evidence so my FoS was limited down to the people who had done something out of the ordinary, you and Jivvi. You may have argued against this but I still see you two more suspicious than everyone else due to the lack of evidence, but I wasn't going to vote for you until the game progressed which I stated at the end. I just stated my early FoS due to how the game had already progressed and it wasn't suppose to be took as me fully pushing a lynch on you which I actually don't understand why you thought that. Kinda odd you taking my words so severely. <3

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I suppose you all may be right here. My reluctance waa based on the fact that, as a town, we outnumber the scum. My only hope is that if we mislynch it cames back to bite us in the butt. Tread carefully.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score

I'm miller I swear
In all seriouslyness, my logic loops tend to ignore WIFOMs, as you'll tumble head over heels trying to make a heads or tails of it. Admittedly, Myu turned it to shit by following me, which made the whole thing look like an attempted spontaneous bandwagon. If you consider this rationally, why would I, if to be a mafia member, try to start an random bandwagon with absolutely no evidence. It doesn't work, at all. All it does is throw everyone into a frenzy, trying to decipher a puzzle that cannot physically be solved.

We can do quite a lot from a psychological standpoint D0 when mafia don't know their partners. Pushing a bandwagon and watching for reactions is a particular tell.
On another note, I think Priz makes a good point by saying that mafia don't know their allies yet (Thymos?). If this is so, apparent links between players can be ignored on this first day (another reason not to waste today).

Also, in regard to my nice big wall of text, (it's so smexy) , if queried, I will defend myself with a words. Other than that, I like to keep it simple, until we get deeper.

• Agree
Reactions: digi
Status
Not open for further replies.