MEDIEVAL MAFIA: INTRUSION [DAY 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
How experienced are you with Mafia games?
I've played a few forum games.
What are your strengths (What do you think your strengths could be) in a game of Mafia?
Enthusiasm!
I cannot pin point suspicion on anyone, but my god I can be bubbly. Expect a lot of gifs from me, which is my usual game play.
How suspicious do you deem yourself to be? Me? Suspicious?

Reactions: The Road to Ruin

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
How experienced are you with Mafia games? I've played a few games of forum mafia now and IRC mafia as well, so I do have a decent amount of experience.
What are your strengths (What do you think your strengths could be) in a game of Mafia?
If I get the feeling someone is suspicious, more often than not I can build a case against them pretty easily, however my hunches tend to fail miserably pretty often, one time resulting in me nearly lynching a cop by accident, this has led me to sit back with a more reserved style of posting, soaking in information rather than jumping to conclusions straight off the bat. In a way its a strength in some ways its not, at the end of the day I do what I can.
How suspicious do you deem yourself to be?
I've been playing a few games now so I'm sure naturally there would be someone out there who is keeping tabs on me. (Probably Notty, shhhh don't tell Notty I'm an elite civilian)

• Winner
Reactions: Nottykitten

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
I would quote he questions but in class so I have an answer for the second one.

What are your strengths in a game of mafia?
I can usually sit back, mention a few things but when I see something really wrong, I can explain it and make it work. I will sort of.. Sit behind most people until that sort of thing would happen.

Jeercrul

Reaction score
Website
steamcommunity.com
I will post my answers to the questions when I get home later tonight.
80% of people I've seen say something like this turned out to be scum (scum is a Mafia term for any anti-town, so if I use it, don't be offended) :p
This is a somewhat illogical thing to say. I feel like a need to point this out because several others might have taken this seriously and as a valid "evidence" for scumhunting. While it was true that I used this to gain myself more time last season when I was mafia and about to be lynched, there were many other accounts where I truly was too busy to reply or was too lazy to type on my phone but posted something like this. It's too early to determine whether Storm and 77 are scum; I say it would be a little more likely if they used busy as an excuse when they are about to be lynched or are stuck in a bad situations (still can't ignore the possibility of players being truly busy though, just give them benefit of the doubt. Nothing to lose.)

• Agree
Reactions: digi

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
That's a rather quick vote you have there Jivvi. And with no explaination at all. Sort of makes you suspicious. Ofcourse one would say that a mafia member would never do such a move because it would make them suspicious. And therefor a mafia member could do it in order to seem town-like.

Vote Jivvi

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Now, as for enders post.
We have 30 players in total. There are 7 town PRs, which is 23% of all the players. There are 9 town PRs, which is 30% of all the players.

And the other good thing is that if we don't mislynch, then great! If we do mislynch, however, we've still narrowed down the suspect list, so the next day we have a greater chance of lynching scum.

I know this might sound somewhat heartless, but it's simple logic. I believe that a No Lynch will damage the town's chances of winning and I'm throwing out every piece of evidence supporting it to convince everyone that a No Lynch is not good.
there cannot be both 9 town PRs and 7 PRs at the same time.
And what exactly is a PR anyway?

The scum (for the most part) knows who each other is. if one member suggest to lynch someone, the rest of the mafia could very likely bandwagon, along with anyone else who might have a reason to want this person dead. that means that the chances are not as straight forward as we make then out to be

Ah. Thanks for pointing that out.

It seems I confused some things there. It was a rather long post I made and naturally, something had to go wrong.
What I meant there was that we have 7 PRs, which means we have 7 town-sided power roles (roles with abilities).
And there is 9 scum roles (which is where I screwed up in my original post), which means we have a larger chance of lynching scum than a PR. That's what I meant there.

Indeed, the mafia already knows who the other mafia are and probably will not lynch each other. But we have to take into consideration that if they were smart, they'd not all vote for the same person, rather, they would vote for different people. That way, when one of them is revealed, the suspicion doesn't automatically move to those who bandwagoned with the known mafia guy.
Besides, there are certain things that scum do more often than not. Smart town-sided players can spot these things and bring them up. All in all, I still believe that we have a greater chance of lynching a scum than a PR.
For that reason and the rest that I already explained, I still believe that a No Lynch would be the worst option.

I will post my answers to the questions when I get home later tonight.
80% of people I've seen say something like this turned out to be scum (scum is a Mafia term for any anti-town, so if I use it, don't be offended) :p
This is a somewhat illogical thing to say. I feel like a need to point this out because several others might have taken this seriously and as a valid "evidence" for scumhunting. While it was true that I used this to gain myself more time last season when I was mafia and about to be lynched, there were many other accounts where I truly was too busy to reply or was too lazy to type on my phone but posted something like this. It's too early to determine whether Storm and 77 are scum; I say it would be a little more likely if they used busy as an excuse when they are about to be lynched or are stuck in a bad situations (still can't ignore the possibility of players being truly busy though, just give them benefit of the doubt. Nothing to lose.)

I agree completely with you there grimm. It was never meant to be a valid point, just an interesting thing I have noticed during my limited time of playing forum mafia. For anyone that thought I was actually saying that storm (or 77) was suspicious, I wasn't.

About Jivvi voting completely randomly, it was obviously a joke vote. Jivvi is a derpy guy and I like him for that. No reason to vote him because of it.

Other than that, I got nothing right now. Carry on.

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
How experienced are you with Mafia games?

I read through alphas season 7, and played only for a few days of doomed cruise so I'll have to say Not really, Though i have played a tad bit of Epicmafia as well Though I've found those games are really missing something and it feels like their just boiled down to rushed lynching and pre-standardized logic.

Everyone seems to say they are good with logic But i think I'm good with it. The problem is though the logic works in my head I'm not very skilled at wording things to convince others, for that reason I feel some of my arguments may be ignored.
In the last season I feel i was much too open in my deductions and I think I will resort to a play style Which involves sharing a little bit less unless I'm confident and strategically pushing something.
How suspicious do you deem yourself to be?

this is my first post so.... I'm surprised nobody's accused me of lurking yet. I've honestly Just been busy and haven't really wanted to go onto the forums even when i did find the free-time.

I hate to say it but the math may be correct perhaps we're better off lynching now, Though We must be extremely careful the odds are not as straight forward as they seem and We would have to assure ourself the mafia (or someone else) cannot influence who that vote is for,

also Yolo (because nobody is stupid enough to bandwagon something without reason... errr at least I hope not)

vote GMK

• Haha
Reactions: digi and Notme

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Jivvi didn't vote randomly in my opinion, I think from Doomed Cruise that Jivvi tried voting the host for the lols but I might be wrong... And I think Notty's vote was a reaction test. I dunno, although lynching makes sense Day 0 I don't want to mess it up :c

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Jivvi didn't vote randomly in my opinion, I think from Doomed Cruise that Jivvi tried voting the host for the lols but I might be wrong... And I think Notty's vote was a reaction test. I dunno, although lynching makes sense Day 0 I don't want to mess it up :c

I agree I felt like doing the exact same thing ( I made a really long post in doomed Cruise Suspecting Gmk of being the host and voting for him x) )

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
I hate to say it but the math may be correct perhaps we're better off lynching now, Though We must be extremely careful the odds are not as straight forward as they seem and We would have to assure ourself the mafia (or someone else) cannot influence who that vote is for,

also Yolo (because nobody is stupid enough to bandwagon something without reason... errr at least I hope not)

vote GMK
Hm, although I defended Jivvi on that case because he had the obsucurest (not a word but meh) and not to mention he removed his vote what I see is just mafia-moves trying to influence the votes by increasing it for one person... Which you said was wrong in your post... Eh, not making my gore just yet but now my main FoS is on you good sir.

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com

vote GMK
Hm, although I defended Jivvi on that case because he had the obsucurest (not a word but meh) and not to mention he removed his vote what I see is just mafia-moves trying to influence the votes by increasing it for one person... Which you said was wrong in your post... Eh, not making my gore just yet but now my main FoS is on you good sir.

The vote on Gmk is legitimately nothing more than a joke I'll remove that vote now. also I'll be honest with you, Perhaps I joke around too much in this thread but I like to keep these games light. It's my playstyle I have been in many situations of epicmafia where the town killed themselves judging me for it.

I'm telling you this now so that you can be more aware of it. I'm not trying to be "Defensive" I'm simply trying to be informative. You raise up a good point though perhaps bringing up names wasn't my best idea but in all honesty, It was really nothing more than a Joke

unvote

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
i have played a tad bit of Epicmafia as well Though I've found those games are really missing something and it feels like their just boiled down to rushed lynching and pre-standardized logic
Depends on the setup, there are certain setups which lead to very rich psychological gameplay.

ON-TOPIC

Let's lynch the noavi. Anyone with a default forum avatar? :D

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
i have played a tad bit of Epicmafia as well Though I've found those games are really missing something and it feels like their just boiled down to rushed lynching and pre-standardized logic
Depends on the setup, there are certain setups which lead to very rich psychological gameplay.

ON-TOPIC

Joshua

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score

ON-TOPIC

Joshua
Nope, he got himself an avatar. Sorry for the tag :L

Sploorky

Reaction score
I don't think a mafia member would randomly vote. They tend to be more worried about people thinking they are guilty, so they try to play their best town. So if people that generally take the game lightly start to take it seriously, then that's something to look into.

And yes, that means I think the vote on Jivvi has no huge backing/isn't worth following up on.

Status
Not open for further replies.