MEDIEVAL MAFIA: INTRUSION [DAY 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
How experienced are you with Mafia games?
Not very experienced, I've only played IRL Mafia so I've never really gotten to experience playing online (as mentioned before) but as I also said I'm sure I'll learn something.
What are your strengths (What do you think your strengths could be) in a game of Mafia?
I think my strength will be acting on a hunch of any sort to take down the merciless killers.
How suspicious do you deem yourself to be?
I would say everyone has a right to be suspicious with everybody this early in the game but I think I get a little bit more due to the fact i'm new so nobody really knows me.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I look out the window in my room. People are going to the City Hall, to attend the meeting that the King has announced. Apparently, he's trying to use a new strategy to catch those awful killers that have been terrorizing the city for a week now. I heard we are going to vote to execute someone that we think is suspicious. Well, it's about time. Those criminals should be brought to justice, and the sooner, the better.

I take my dark green coat and walk out the door. I turn to my right, as that's where the grand City Hall is. The great pillars of this magnificient building are probably hundreds of years old. I wonder how many people have been hanged in front of these pillars. How much blood and death has this building seen? And how much more will it see, before peace is brought back?

As I walk up the steps leading up to the main entrance, a city official stops me and hands me a form.
"Excuse me, sir, you'll have to fill out this form if you're going to attend the meeting," she says with a quiet, anxious voice.
I thank the nervous girl and grab the form, along with a pen. And I start filling it out.

"Name: Edward Scrafer
Occupation: Assistant Librarian at the Tralfaye Royal Academy Library"

I think it was so that they'd have some idea of who they're letting in to the meeting. The girl grabs the filled form and runs off to another person, to give them an empty form. Meanwhile, I walk up to the main entrance and step inside. I've been in the City Hall a few times before and I know my way around. The grand staircase leads up to the main hall, the Blue Hall, as they call it. That's probably where the meeting is held. As I walk through the doorway into the Blue Hall, I immediately notice the crowd, who is already discussing who the killer or killers might be.

It's gonna be a long day.

Ok, so we are at Day 0 again. Right now we have several options: either to push a No Lynch and hope that we don't lose a power role; stir up some discussion and then go with a NL anyway or get some discussion going, analyze the posts and lynch someone. I prefer the latter.

And here's three simple reasons why:
  • First and foremost, we'd be giving the mafia a free night to kill someone. That's a pretty good reason on it's own, in my opinion at least.
  • Second, we have pretty much nothing to gain from a NL. We have a Janitor (the Spy) in the game, who is most likely to use his ability on Night 1, so that if he dies, he would have used it already. Which means that we'll be as smart on the start of Day 1, as we are gonna be on the end of Day 0. If we don't make a lynch, then we won't have anything and we'll back in pretty much the same situation as we are right now.
  • And third, simple math says that a lynch on Day 0 is better for the town than a NL. Let me explain:
We have 30 players in total. There are 7 town PRs, which is 23% of all the players. There are 9 town PRs, which is 30% of all the players.
23% < 30%, which means, that we have a greater chance of lynching a scum role at random than we have of lynching a town PR. All of you who think that "OMG what if we lynch a PR", hope this calms you down a bit.

And the other good thing is that if we don't mislynch, then great! If we do mislynch, however, we've still narrowed down the suspect list, so the next day we have a greater chance of lynching scum.

I know this might sound somewhat heartless, but it's simple logic. I believe that a No Lynch will damage the town's chances of winning and I'm throwing out every piece of evidence supporting it to convince everyone that a No Lynch is not good.

Ok, now that I have gotten that out of the way, I can start with answering the questions.

How experienced are you with Mafia games?: Somewhat. I've played online Mafia only in Blocktopia, where this is my 3rd game. I've played lots of party Mafia though, which is really more fun than brains, but whatever.

What are your strengths (What do you think your strengths could be) in a game of Mafia?: I think about what and why I vote, and I don't throw my vote around much.

How suspicious do you deem yourself to be?: I guess I'm rather suspicious to some right now, seeing how I basically start off with the same tactic that I used in the previous game, where I was scum. The thing is, I play like this whatever my role is, so I hope you don't go voting me right away.

Random things I want to say:

Right now I obviously don't have any suspicions, because the game is still in a very early phase. I would keep an eye on Alpha and Sploorky, based on how they managed to fool pretty much everyone in the previous game, and Notty, who is also very good at manipulating with others. That being said, I don't necessarily think they're scum. They're all very experienced players and good performance as scum doesn't automatically mean they are anti-town in every game they play. After all, the roles are assigned completely randomly.
But, I would still keep an eye out for anything out of the usual about these three.

I will post my answers to the questions when I get home later tonight.
80% of people I've seen say something like this turned out to be scum (scum is a Mafia term for any anti-town, so if I use it, don't be offended) :p
Not that it actually means something, just something worth to note.
And with that, I'm finishing this rather long first post. Hoping to get some discussion going so we could start picking out our suspicions.

Arachadonic

Reaction score
Website
www.watchingyou.com
Never played one in my life... does my lack of knowledge make me an asset or liability thats up to you to decide.
What are your strengths (What do you think your strengths could be) in a game of Mafia?
I guess I will find out soon.
Since this is my first mafia game people might not find me suspicious but that could be to their own undoing so only time will tell.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
I've played quite a few of the Blocktopia Mafia (Alpha's, Mafia Lites and Doomed Cruise) plus IRC and quite a bit of EpicMafia.
To be honest, I don't really know. I guess I do have pretty good hunches which I learnt from Doomed Cruise lel but my flaws, unlike Notty, is that I tend to believe everyone to be innocent :s
I guess a tad since I was like the second post on the thread but then went really silent (sleep, school, Dominoes and Star Wars then this x3) so I could be called out for lurking.

Gonna read Ender's post now incase I have anything to say about iiittt.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Have to agree with Ender (especially since he did the mathz behind it) with the non-no lynch thing and that it probably the best thing to do. Also, if the Spy is pratically the Janitor then well... I DON'T WANT TO BE JANITORED AND KILLED NIGHT 1 AGAIN ;~;

• Sad
Reactions: Jivvi

Pim

Reaction score
I will post my answers to the questions when I get home later tonight.
80% of people I've seen say something like this turned out to be scum (scum is a Mafia term for any anti-town, so if I use it, don't be offended) :p
And with that, I'm finishing this rather long first post. Hoping to get some discussion going so we could start picking out our suspicions.
Argh, I'm so busy with exams. Hopefully I'll have some time in 10 hours when I get home from school.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
well iv played a few on epic mafia, a few in irc, and one here.
no idea.
again, no idea

Now, as for enders post.
We have 30 players in total. There are 7 town PRs, which is 23% of all the players. There are 9 town PRs, which is 30% of all the players.

And the other good thing is that if we don't mislynch, then great! If we do mislynch, however, we've still narrowed down the suspect list, so the next day we have a greater chance of lynching scum.

I know this might sound somewhat heartless, but it's simple logic. I believe that a No Lynch will damage the town's chances of winning and I'm throwing out every piece of evidence supporting it to convince everyone that a No Lynch is not good.
there cannot be both 9 town PRs and 7 PRs at the same time.
And what exactly is a PR anyway?

The scum (for the most part) knows who each other is. if one member suggest to lynch someone, the rest of the mafia could very likely bandwagon, along with anyone else who might have a reason to want this person dead. that means that the chances are not as straight forward as we make then out to be

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
So while we wait for everyone to come in and post and for this day to come to an end, I've decided to a little thing of roleplay..
Day 0
My name is Stephen Vargamo, I bought this journal the other day from a fellow store owner down the block who had some journals for sale but I never thought i'd use it until today.. but before I discuss the matters of the day, I'll log down my name, My name of course as said before is Stephen Vargamo, my age is 26 and my occupation is owner of the Brown Bees Bar at the corner of the Grands Square in Tralfaye. so onto today's events... I wasn't there when it happened and I don't think anyone who was even there knew what happened but when everyone awoke this morning, we awoke to the horrific corpses of our neighbors lying there in the middle of the square.. I just couldn't believe it, Who would do such a monstrous thing? but the guards quickly came and removed the bodies and are now gathering everyone into the Courthouse and nearby houses to keep an eye on everyone.. soon the guards will begin questioning everyone and people will start beginning to become suspicious of each other but who says we're safe in here? if 5 people could get murdered in the middle of the square who says we're safe in a "protected area"?

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I've a decent amount of experience on me, I guess
I'd have to say I play a better scum than blue; I like to handle multiple conversations at once and see how I can pull the strings. As a town, I often fumble my power role, if I have no power, I tend to be a little overwhelmed at what other people are bringing to the table, compared to what I can produce. If it's fairly quiet I like to throw a whole bunch of small stuff on the table, just to see what can be found out.
My activity seems to waver quite irregularly, so I'm not sure if I could try to be wagoned because of it or not.
On GmK's scumscale, maybe a 6?

D

Deleted member 4601

Not really. I've played plenty of games outside Blocktopia, but those were quite short.
I guess I have to see for myself, as I don't really know.
Suspicious? Everyone is suspicious. You can never trust anyone here.

Not gonna vote as of now, considering the 66% chance of lynching a wrong person.

brownlee123

Reaction score
How experienced are you with mafia games?
I'm pretty well experienced with IRL mafia, but this is my first game of forum mafia. I'm still not sure how different/alike those are.
Well, I'm pretty good at logically figuring out who I want to vote for, I guess.
Also,I'm the guy who considers all the possibilities. You can call that deep thinking or being paranoid, I don't care. But I have quickly realized IRL mafia is probably easier bacause you can read emotions, and usually you have some background knowledge of the people because you probably know them as your friends.
Well since I'm a first timer I doubt I seem suspicious, but I have been posting a good bit which will draw more attention to myself, I feel.

Reaction score
How experienced are you with mafia games? I'd say I'm experienced, I've played a good bunch of mafia games and even hosted a season!
I'm usually fairly talkative, so I'm not usually pinging on anyone's radar but I usually got offed by a power-role as a trade off.
Meh levels. I've got a good bunch of games under my belt and usually chat with alpha about every season to some detail, but for all that I don't got a lot of achievements. Everything I've done has been because of my (often wrong) gut instinct.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
How experienced are you with mafia games?
This is my first game of Mafia. Enjoyed reading the other, older games hosted by Alpha102.
Deductional reasoning, logical thinking, analyzing posts for their content and undertones.
How suspicious do you deem yourself to be?There's not much to go by at this point in the game. I'd equate myself with the others for now.​

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Former top 25 on EpicMafia.
I'm an enigma.
Lynch me now, for I am truly guilty. Nah.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Jivvi

Thymos

Thy Friendly Moose
Reaction score
I've played a few IRL, and used to love this minigame on SCII.

Lying. I am a very good liar over the internet. Of course, you don't know if that is true or not. After all, I could be lying right now and you wouldn't even expect it.

I'm so suspicious I can't even trust myself.

storm886

Reaction score
Fair enough. Gut feelings are some of the best choices in this game (you know, my "s" machine from last season ;).) But really this season I want to try to be more active and give some logic when I can. But my schedule is even more packed than before sooooo I will try my best.

How experienced are you with Mafia games? This will be my third game. The first two games I got myself lynched very early in the game, and last season I made it pretty far for some odd reason.

I am really good at convincing people I am guilty apparently.... hence the lynches. Oh and I good at making pyramids come out of nowhere....

How suspicious do you deem yourself to be? I am a very suspicious person. No one can read me. Just kidding, you can probably read me like a book. But I am sure that you will all become very suspicious of me very soon (it seems to be a trend for me.)

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
YOU DIDN'T EVEN GET LYNCHED LAST GAME STORM, THE TREND HAS BEEN BROKEN! (Although admittedly I had something to do with your death that time again) :angel:

I like fun facts MarsKid.

All right, we've got a feel for most of us in the game now, I say that taking a blind shot is a viable choice. No lynching is kind of acceptable, although I still would rather try something, even if it's an attempted vote that later changes into a no lynch.

• Haha
Reactions: storm886

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well, there were two roles that were originally in the game but removed early on. The first one was the Decoy, a Sariou Soldier with no abilities, but would appear innocent on an investigation. He was replaced with the Brawler since the Commander already had investigation-avoiding capabilities, so the Decoy was pretty unbalanced.

Then there was Baradour, a third party cult role that could recruit up to three people. If he got three people converted, every other night they would get a kill. The cult was destroyed if Baradour was killed, and they lost their killing abilities if they lost a member. They were replaced with the Freelancer after I figured out how over-powered they could be, and at the same time very easily under-powered.

Reaction score
YOU DIDN'T EVEN GET LYNCHED LAST GAME STORM, THE TREND HAS BEEN BROKEN! (Although admittedly I had something to do with your death that time again) :angel:

I like fun facts MarsKid.

All right, we've got a feel for most of us in the game now, I say that taking a blind shot is a viable choice. No lynching is kind of acceptable, although I still would rather try something, even if it's an attempted vote that later changes into a no lynch.
What do you have in mind?

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
Very experienced, played every Blocktopia mafia game except for season 1, I have played quite a bit of irc and I tiny bit of epicmafia.
I really enjoyed playing as scum in the Doomed Cruise and everyone seemed impressed so... my strength is being the bad guy! Play style wise: depends on the game, at the moment I feel like talking a lot and trying to get the red to slip up.
Eh I probably will become suspicious when I have enough time to actually start forming arguments.

Reactions: digi
Status
Not open for further replies.