Map Problem Reports

W

Wimali

Map: Mizu
Problem: Spawn always catches on fire, brutally murdering every single human that enters the map, dies or does /mvs.
Solution: MAKE IT FIRE-PROOF!!!

W

Wimali

Problem: The highest area of the map doesn't have a timer or something, so people could just go stand there, AFK for the rest of the round, and totally get cookies.
Solution: Put a timer up there, and make people AFK'ing up there without actually building a house illegal for now, until there's a timer.

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Problem/Glitch: Small cave timer never erupts into lava. Constitutes free home for the random miner.

Notice: Round ends in 35 seconds.
Notice: Timer still hasn't gone off yet.

scotty12345

Reaction score
This is in general,
Theres a few maps that i think the lava release times need re-working
I will get a list soon,but theres a few maps where the final wave does not comes untill almost round end D:

W

Wimali

This is in general,
I will get a list soon,but theres a few maps where the final wave does not comes untill almost round end D:
Another problem with timers in my opinion is that on some maps most of the maps (also including spawn) already flood in the first 10 minutes or so, leaving the player to do pretty much nothing else than AFK.

scotty12345

Reaction score
This is in general,
Another problem with timers in my opinion is that on some maps most of the maps (also including spawn) already flood in the first 10 minutes or so, leaving the player to do pretty much nothing else than AFK.
Could do with spawns that are in the air or something? Although that brings in fall damage issues

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Not that big of a deal, but...

Map: Quarks
What is the bug:
Buckets cannot take lava from roughly a 5x5 zone directly above the spawn after the spawn is flooded.
How did you discover this bug:
By right-clicking.
How could it possibly be solved:
???
Anything else you want to say about it:
Even though it seems like lava is taken, the lava-air-block is not updated, and neither is the lava bucket, causing a simple right-click with the lava bucket to re-update it causing it to be empty.

This only happens on Quarks.
Edit: Also happens on Osiris, but not on Ender.

Venixu

Reaction score

What is the bug:
Buckets cannot take lava from roughly a 5x5 zone directly above the spawn after the spawn is flooded.
By right-clicking.
???
Even though it seems like lava is taken, the lava-air-block is not updated, and neither is the lava bucket, causing a simple right-click with the lava bucket to re-update it causing it to be empty.

Hm... I wonder what flooders would do with lava buckets, considering they are source lava blocks. Just keep that in mind. Use charcoal as fuel, or even the infinite respawning coal from every map.

buildbuild12

Reaction score

What is the bug:
By right-clicking.
???

Hm... I wonder what flooders would do with lava buckets, considering they are source lava blocks. Just keep that in mind. Use charcoal as fuel, or even the infinite respawning coal from every map.
Fortunately players don't have the permissions to place lava with buckets, so no worries!

• Agree
Reactions: FrenchSanta12
W

Wimali

Map: Lobby
Problem: someone fucked up the lava in the Master Temple

W

Wimali

Map: Lobby (the tutorial, to be more specific.)
Bug: The KoTL room in the tutorial is still the old KoTL with the lava.

• Informative
Reactions: buildbuild12

gay vampire

Little Miss Organs
Reaction score
I played Nightmare for a few minutes trying to unflood and it was, indeed, a nightmare, not in the fun way. So here's some suggestions to improve it!

Map Name: Nightmare

Problem/Glitch: The freaking pressure plate at spawn (I think) with the command block that makes the lavagod yell "I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!" and give you nausea. I first thought this was an admin (which caused me to ping ogarci, thinking this was someone on the console that was being annoying, which is very, very wrong. Luckily he didn't respond.), but turns out it wasn't and it was a pressure plate, and it made me have a whooole lot of trouble trying to unflood something because people kept stepping on it not thinking it did that. It's also very annoying and gets very spammy, not only to me, but to the players on the server. It's just useless and I believe it needs to go.

Problem/Glitch: This one might not need to go all that badly, in fact, it's fine if it stays, but it's the blindness. This one isn't as bad at all and gives the map a little darker touch, but it was a problem when I was unflooding on that same round because I couldn't see if the roof was there or not or if I was unflooding a house, which caused me like, a 5 minute delay in unflooding due to this. This is NOT a very big issue at all, in fact, I can live with this one, but it might be something to improve. Also, it stays, so as the sign at the spawn in the lobby says, you have to kill yourself.

I haven't played on the map very long, and barely stayed in spawn, but I did hear someone say that spawn needs a little more room. However, I wasn't able to look around at that, so I'm not gonna suggest it just yet, but here's a note for you guys to check and see if this is true.

Reactions: 1 person

Butamou

Grandmason
Contributor
Reaction score
I played Nightmare for a few minutes trying to unflood and it was, indeed, a nightmare, not in the fun way. So here's some suggestions to improve it!

Problem/Glitch: The freaking pressure plate at spawn (I think) with the command block that makes the lavagod yell "I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!" and give you nausea. I first thought this was an admin (which caused me to ping ogarci, thinking this was someone on the console that was being annoying, which is very, very wrong. Luckily he didn't respond.), but turns out it wasn't and it was a pressure plate, and it made me have a whooole lot of trouble trying to unflood something because people kept stepping on it not thinking it did that. It's also very annoying and gets very spammy, not only to me, but to the players on the server. It's just useless and I believe it needs to go.

Problem/Glitch: This one might not need to go all that badly, in fact, it's fine if it stays, but it's the blindness. This one isn't as bad at all and gives the map a little darker touch, but it was a problem when I was unflooding on that same round because I couldn't see if the roof was there or not or if I was unflooding a house, which caused me like, a 5 minute delay in unflooding due to this. This is NOT a very big issue at all, in fact, I can live with this one, but it might be something to improve. Also, it stays, so as the sign at the spawn in the lobby says, you have to kill yourself.

I haven't played on the map very long, and barely stayed in spawn, but I did hear someone say that spawn needs a little more room. However, I wasn't able to look around at that, so I'm not gonna suggest it just yet, but here's a note for you guys to check and see if this is true.
I was actually waiting for this :)

Most of this stuff was in the process of being fixed but I was called away to do other secret work last night. The spam is an easy fix. The command block is "@a" which gives it to all players and it should be an "@p" to the closest player, ie; the player spawning in. Two other blocks were like that but have been fixed already. The nausea will most likely be removed, but the blindness will stay. The only difference is the blindness may be nerfed to something around like 2-3 minutes instead of the 35 minutes. For all the sounds, a sign at spawn will do saying, "turn off your sound if you don't like fun". Also if you're an OP you might be able to spawn yourself milk for things like unflooding areas.

gay vampire

Little Miss Organs
Reaction score

I was actually waiting for this :)

Most of this stuff was in the process of being fixed but I was called away to do other secret work last night. The spam is an easy fix. The command block is "@a" which gives it to all players and it should be an "@p" to the closest player, ie; the player spawning in. Two other blocks were like that but have been fixed already. The nausea will most likely be removed, but the blindness will stay. The only difference is the blindness may be nerfed to something around like 2-3 minutes instead of the 35 minutes. For all the sounds, a sign at spawn will do saying, "turn off your sound if you don't like fun". Also if you're an OP you might be able to spawn yourself milk for things like unflooding areas.
I honestly just want the nausea and lavagod thing to be removed entirely because I just honestly think it'll annoy the players, but that's okay too. Thanks.

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Map Name: Shire
Problem/Glitch: The ring of blocks around the marked bedrock spawn is nobreak, but blocks can be placed there. Hence, an effective spawn house cannot be made. Also, I would like to request that the spawn zone be made bigger, as simply jumping in the center of spawn sets you on fire.

• Informative
W

Wimali

map: nightmare
problem: anvils in item frames, ppl can destroy item frames and farm anvils omg
solution: destroy all da anvils

• Haha

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score

Yea, I think deleting all the anvil item frames would be the easiest solution. Even if item frames were (could they?) made no-punch, people can still break the block they're on, use pistons to push a block into them, use pistons to push the block they're on, drop anvils on them, drop ender dragon eggs on them, use creepers to blow them up...

Ooh, another idea. This can fix the heads-drop-thingy too. Instead of having them not drop, have them drop but just use event.player.PlayerPickupItemEvent to check, when any item is picked up, if that item is on a list of allowed-items (disincluding heads, cauldrons, you name it), and, if it isn't, remove the amount they picked up from their inventory.

Then again, that can be bypassed with hoppers and hopper minecarts. But you could also use event.inventory.InventoryPickupItemEvent for hoppers and hopper minecarts, doing the same thing (checking if the item is on the allowed-list, if not removing the exact amount (not all pls) of the item from their inventory).

But then again, what about items dropped by players? Say I was on a map that has anvils disappear on pickup, and I craft an item and then drop it by accident. Upon picking it up, it would be gone. Maybe you can also use org.bukkit.event.player.PlayerDropItemEvent whenever a person drops an item that's on the no-pickup list to have it reappear in their inventory, along with maybe a warning that if they drop it they won't be able to pick it up again. This should be disabled in the lobby though, since there should be a way for players to get rid of items on the list during the round. And if they fire an anvil out of a dispenser or dropper, bypassing the event? Let them suffer.

Sound like a good idea?

FrenchSanta12

Voldemort
Reaction score

Yea, I think deleting all the anvil item frames would be the easiest solution. Even if item frames were (could they?) made no-punch, people can still break the block they're on, use pistons to push a block into them, use pistons to push the block they're on, drop anvils on them, drop ender dragon eggs on them, use creepers to blow them up...

Ooh, another idea. This can fix the heads-drop-thingy too. Instead of having them not drop, have them drop but just use event.player.PlayerPickupItemEvent to check, when any item is picked up, if that item is on a list of allowed-items (disincluding heads, cauldrons, you name it), and, if it isn't, remove the amount they picked up from their inventory.

Then again, that can be bypassed with hoppers and hopper minecarts. But you could also use event.inventory.InventoryPickupItemEvent for hoppers and hopper minecarts, doing the same thing (checking if the item is on the allowed-list, if not removing the exact amount (not all pls) of the item from their inventory).

But then again, what about items dropped by players? Say I was on a map that has anvils disappear on pickup, and I craft an item and then drop it by accident. Upon picking it up, it would be gone. Maybe you can also use org.bukkit.event.player.PlayerDropItemEvent whenever a person drops an item that's on the no-pickup list to have it reappear in their inventory, along with maybe a warning that if they drop it they won't be able to pick it up again. This should be disabled in the lobby though, since there should be a way for players to get rid of items on the list during the round. And if they fire an anvil out of a dispenser or dropper, bypassing the event? Let them suffer.

Sound like a good idea?
Just change the item in the frame permanently? :speechless:

• Informative
Reactions: myusername22